Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ah sorry, I thought I was replying in the Switch thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I thought I was going crazy for a minute.

Yeah, on the Switch you can access another region's shop by maintaining different accounts, but on 3DS and WiiU you're restricted to the region which your system is from. You can change certain things, like if you're in AU/NZ you can access European stuff by changing the country on your NNID, but you can't change to NA or JP or anything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If it were possible I wouldn't have waited 18 months for SMT 4 :mad:

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
If it were possible I wouldn't own multiple 3DSes :(

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

POCKET CHOMP posted:

If it were possible I wouldn't own multiple 3DSes :(

:yikes:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Is there a way to purchase DLC for the Switch online? I'm going to be away from my Switch when the BM0 Shovel Knight DLC is free.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I totally own three 3DSes because of region lock, haha.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why is that odd? Not much else you can do with region locked consoles

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have 3 3DSs but they're all the same region

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have two

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm up to four. Well, three and a 2DS anyway.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Have 3DS, N3DSXL, and a Pokemon N3DS

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I had a Zelda 3ds xl (gave away), have a majoras new 3ds xl, and the Black Friday new 3ds.

Been mostly using the smaller one since being able to throw it in my pocket and pull it out anywhere is amazing.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

EDIT: I thought I was in the Pokemon thread.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"Tell us what you think about Nintendo and earn 30 Platinum Points!

Your opinion is important to us! "

Well, obviously loving not, since you're offering 30PPs.

"These can be redeemed on My Nintendo for all kinds of rewards"

All kinds of rewards!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Just a heads up, Hey! Pikmin is up for prepurchase and preload now!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

jivjov posted:

Just a heads up, Hey! Pikmin is up for prepurchase and preload now!

This is not Splatoon.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Here's this week's drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Samurai Shodown | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Boost Beast | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)
Cave Story+ | PAL | £26.99 / €29.99 (eShop Only)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star | NA | PAL | $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (Retail Only) (July 25 NA / July 21 PAL)
Splatoon 2 | NA | PAL | $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (eShop / Retail) (July 21)

WiiU

Box Up | PAL | £ ? / €1.49 (eShop Only)
Eba & Egg: A Hatch Trip | NA | $7.79 (eShop Only)
Galaxy Blaster | NA | $1.49 (eShop Only)

3DS
Mononoke Forest | NA | $3.99 (eShop Only)

Big week for the Switch, with both Splatoon 2 and a port of Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star dropping. Extella seems to be retail only, the NOE site indicates that at least. Cave Story+ is hitting PAL territories (I think there might be a physical version due also). Boost Beast is a Match 3 game from Arcsys, and Samurai Shodown is SamSho.

Eba & Egg: A Hatch Trip looks like it could be a cute little puzzle platformer, while Mononoke Forest is a sort of Animal Crossing-lite game. It came out in PAL region a few months ago, but I've no idea what it's like.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When did Cave Story get so expensive

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

When did Cave Story get so expensive

Right? I picked up a Switch for Splatoon 2 and bought a handful of indie games to tide me over, and I would love to have Cave Story on here...but 30 bucks? What in the world??

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I've never played Cave Story and will pay €30 for the privilege.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

I've never played Cave Story and will pay €30 for the privilege.

It's a great game, enjoy.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah it's worth the money I guess but it's just surprising. I played the original freeware version to death like 10 years ago then bought the Wii port a few years later which was only £7 I think

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Right? I picked up a Switch for Splatoon 2 and bought a handful of indie games to tide me over, and I would love to have Cave Story on here...but 30 bucks? What in the world??

Nicalis is pure evil.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

They did the same with BoI Afterbirth. I'm wondering if it has something to do with them getting physical releases. Back when the Switch was released, there was some rumour floating around about stipulations which Nintendo had about the price of games. It was never really clear as to what the situation was, exactly, but I'm wondering if they have a minimum amount set of what the MSRP/RRP of a physical release is (and that it's £24.99/€29.99/$29.99). Who knows though. It's very possible that

Evil Eagle posted:

Nicalis is pure evil.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Binding of Isaac is defensible. At the time of release, they just rounded up like $4 from the price of buying Rebirth and all DLC when it's not a Steam Sale.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Has Been Heroes was a retail game and released at $20

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

They know early adopters will pay premium to play any game on their new console so they're pricing accordingly

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Katana Gomai posted:

They know early adopters will pay premium to play any game on their new console so they're pricing accordingly

Pretty much this. Once the Switch has a decent selection behind it (ie; by December), they know that poo poo will never fly again. Gotta scalp prices now while the scalping's good.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Re: physical releases. Yacht Club Games marked up the Shovel Knight physical release to $25 for the sole purpose of keeping it from immediately being tossed in the "HOT GAMES COOL DEALZ LESS THAN $20" bins at Wal-Mart. In compensation, they included the OST which was normally a separate purchase on PC.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
BoI is worth the $40 to be able to play that on the bus/train.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Inti is adding the Gal Gun gal to Mighty Gunvolt Burst, like they did with Blaster Master Zero, for free, so maybe they'll keep adding new free DLC to this game as well
https://twitter.com/IntiCreatesEN/status/888051166013251584

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought they released her last month, is there more than one gal with gun?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I thought they released her last month, is there more than one gal with gun?

That was Master Blaster.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Is gal gun the game where you shoot kids' clothes off or w/e.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Supercar Gautier posted:

Is gal gun the game where you shoot kids' clothes off or w/e.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN1SnvHSQLg

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

irlZaphod posted:

They did the same with BoI Afterbirth. I'm wondering if it has something to do with them getting physical releases. Back when the Switch was released, there was some rumour floating around about stipulations which Nintendo had about the price of games. It was never really clear as to what the situation was, exactly, but I'm wondering if they have a minimum amount set of what the MSRP/RRP of a physical release is (and that it's £24.99/€29.99/$29.99). Who knows though. It's very possible that

There's no mandate about price, they're just compensating for lower margins on physical Switch releases and trying to set an early precedent on price so people acclimatize to paying more. Nicalis has been particularly shrewd about this but they're not the only publisher working to maintain higher prices.

There was a time when publishers tried the same tactic on 3DS and were told to gently caress off but I guess people just gave up.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA people, buy a $50 eShop card, get a bonus $10 eShop card: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-50-eshop-gift-card/5784110.p

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Overcooked finally comes this Thursday for only 19.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
This is more of a general Nintendo thing, but;

Ausgoons, EB Games is now determined to get rid of their WiiU inventory, and have bargains like Star Fox Zero for $15AU ($36AU for the first-print version). Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Yoshi's Wooly World are all $28AU.