Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
G0RF's valor is being sucked dry by those dirty content locusts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

These stream posts are really starting to piss me off.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Ghostlight posted:

These stream posts are really starting to piss me off.

Who hasn't pissed themselves on a live stream? Why do you think CRoberts wears all black when he live streams himself playing his tech demo.

As the old limerick goes:

Milk, milk, lemonade, around the back a turd is clipping through your sphincter.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

3.0 is going to be so much fun!*

*$80,000 worth of cartography lessons required

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

JUST DEW IT

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

AP posted:

I started following this mess about 4 years ago and the only major change is that the amazing gameplay is now 3 weeks away instead of 2.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

:orb:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

The first picture is great for the smiling Sandi/I'm-barely-tolerating-you dichotomy

The second picture makes me want to punch babies for some reason

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Meridian posted:

:xcom:

Hello, Commandos! I know I said I was going to quit making GBS threads up the thread with my pledge recruitment drives, so this is going to be the last one. All future stream shilling will be limited to the Streaming Thread in the LP sub forum for the foreseeable future. That said, here's our current mission status:

Though several key members of Goon Crew's A squad have been winged, singed, concussed and scuffed, we haven't taken any major casualties since Kosumo's unfortunate death at the hands of a drunk, incompetent commander. Several of our rookie recruits have grown into fully fledged Goons and we're on the way to tackling our first big story mission, as it's very likely going to bite us in the rear end that we've put it off for so long.

With the campaign having gone relatively smooth so far, I sense misadventure and death in our immediate future, so if ever there was a time that Goon Crew needed support, it's now!

Pledge your loyalty and get a kickin' rad Goon Commando geared up to take the fight to the Vanduul Advent Chilldankli Stimpire.

Get me into xcom. Give me grenades.

EDIT - so there's some SC content

MoMA, Lazrin.... what are you looking forward to most in 3.0?

biglads fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 25, 2017

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Pilz posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a bit of a fiasco with Elite:Dangerous as well? If I recall correctly, the original kickstarter promised no expansion packs, all future content was to be free. Then they realized they needed more money and so they tried to release Elite : Dangerous *horizons* as a totally-not-an-expansion-pack-it's-a-standalone-game-honest. The big difference beyond basic competence seems to be that Elite: Dangerous still has fans willing to call them on bullshit. People openly complained about things, and the white knights can't drown them out, so things get fixed.

That's what it seems like to me as an outsider.

No, that never happened. It was always going to have expansion packs, and even said so in the kickstarter. The fiasco was dropping offline play.

Edit: Ignore me, well behind it seems.

1500 fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 25, 2017

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

The first picture is great for the smiling Sandi/I'm-barely-tolerating-you dichotomy
Smiling is a strong word. Rictus grin would be more apt.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

1500 posted:

No, that never happened. It was always going to have expansion packs, and even said so in the kickstarter. The fiasco was dropping offline play.

Edit: Ignore me, well behind it seems.

If that's what you want, I think it's a bit harsh myself but anyway

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This is like 10 hours old but god drat did it make me laugh my rear end off

Imagine writing that.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Gorf, your chart is popping up in game articles without them crediting you. If I was you I would demand at least two jpegs in payment.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58522/star-citizen-alpha-3-lets-land-moon/index.html

Mr. Anthony is willing to credit a goon. :colbert:

https://twitter.com/anthony256/status/889687220583489536

*I linked your post Gorf*

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Lazrin posted:

that's why it's a concept sale. it's tough, i know.

and it's almost like they're not trying to hide it.

You do realise this isn't a post that makes everyone go "ohhhh a concept sale,well that's cleared that up"
Unless you're retarded?

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Because citizens have a fascinating tendency to transfer all imaginable faults and complaints regarding SC onto ED, and in return transferring all accomplishments and design cleverness in ED onto SC. They're basically playing the wrong game, but rather than admit that the game they want to play already exists, they use it as a scape goat to create all kind of imagined reasons why they shouldn't.

Didn't hear that from Citizens. Heard that ages back.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

biglads posted:

Get me into xcom. Give me grenades.

EDIT - so there's some SC content

MoMA, Lazrin.... what are you looking forward to most in 3.0?

They are looking forward to seamlessly landing on moons and driving their space bikes around, just like the guy from PCGamer did, of course!

(MoMA though is not, as he does not actually care about Star Citizen and will not play it in 3.0, 4.0, or any point oh)

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Pilz posted:

Didn't hear that from Citizens. Heard that ages back.

unless...SECRET CITIZENS?!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

This is like 10 hours old but god drat did it make me laugh my rear end off

Imagine writing that.

I feel like I wrote exactly this the other day. I think I'm a Star Prophet. :tinfoil:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

"Oh gently caress yeah I'm so excited to see the Kilrathi ground buildings from Wing Commander 3!" said nobody, ever, except Ben and maybe Bootcha.

:smith:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppdnbrylevc

I can't remember who did this. But it's still good.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

The second picture makes me want to punch babies for some reason

I think you maybe took the wrong things away from The Road to CitizenCon.

Allow me to redirect your attention to the true messages:

quote:

"Just do it!

"This is like the Star Wars game we never got!"

"Nobody else could do a show like that!"

"The Dune reference it just does not get enough live in sci-fi!"

"It's got like.... SPACEWORMS!!!"

"The game will come out when the game comes out."

"I definitely backed the right game!"

"If it weren't for you all (sniff sniff) I don't know how I could do my job."

"One of the reasons I backed the game and I know MANY people backed the game was to provide Chris Roberts the FREEDOM from publishers, the freedom from compromise, to do this things the WAY they're supposed to do them and to push these things as far as not only technology but as the best people making the game can push them!"

"We don't want to disappoint people but it's for the best."

"There's an old saying that "a delayed game is good eventually but a bad game is bad forever" -- crowdfunding lets us put that to the test. This has been the sentiment throughout."

"Whenever we do demos Chris is usually talking through the demos and he's not really looking at the demo, but if you see him, he was like looking up at the screen, and he had this grin on his face, you know? You could tell he was proud."

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Mr. Anthony is willing to credit a goon. :colbert:

https://twitter.com/anthony256/status/889687220583489536

*I linked your post Gorf*

Rekt.

Now people will know to discount it as Pie Chart FUD from a Jurassic-era HTML forum populated by Derek Smart worshippers and alts who fear that that this incredible game might actually get made and thereby advance PC Gaming and rebuke the demonic publishers who are probably paying us to pretend we're not amazed and who knows they probably even had their graphics monkeys send us that chart it makes sense if you think about it.

(But thank you for the kindness. I don't really care about credit, it's just sobering data visualized cleanly -- but the consideration is thoughtful all the same.)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Aww don't feel bad, your love of Wing Commander made you a thread hero, and all Ben got was $10,000 worth of garbage. You definitely came out on top.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppdnbrylevc

I can't remember who did this. But it's still good.

Pretty sure it was Bootcha.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It was. His whole collection is priceless.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
The referral competition still ongoing with first place @ 1668 i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶s̶ citizens signed up. Just 1274 to go until August the 8th :/

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/referral-contest

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

That's no moon
\

/
you're telling me, looks like someone stretched a tent over a golf ball.

edit: i am bad at cartoon bubble edits.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ah memories. Derek wouldn't goondeyadda parp though :(

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

"You can't expect everyone to save every single link in a database" -- Derek Smart archiver SC_White_Knight

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

keeping it clean

Mne nravitsya fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 25, 2017

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Star Citizen: Per Aspera Ad rear end in a top hat

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

G0RF posted:

Originally I didn't have it, and left the TBH name untouched. But I felt like if it left the thread it could cause him extra grief, make him look like a traitor. That hardly seemed fair since it's just parodying fanboyism.

So minor adjustments were made so it for the F.U.N.

Whoever has this referral code apparently also runs the totally useful and informative, not at all referral shilling sites http://www.downloadstarcitizen.com and http://squadron42referral.com which consist of zero or one shill paragraphs, their referral link, a couple of video links (one dead), and links to free Star Citizen-based minigames such as this official FUD:

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jul 25, 2017

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

I like the next-to-useless mudguards

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ANcoBMkqA

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Yep. The people who coded this can surely make the most ambitious project ever.

Sign me right the gently caress up. How do I deposit my pay check straight into Chris Robert's bank account?

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
Well at least speedrunners will love sc.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Meridian posted:

Hello, Commandos! I know I said I was going to quit making GBS threads up the thread with my pledge recruitment drives, so this is going to be the last one. All future stream shilling will be limited to the Streaming Thread in the LP sub forum for the foreseeable future. That said, here's our current mission status:

Though several key members of Goon Crew's A squad have been winged, singed, concussed and scuffed, we haven't taken any major casualties since Kosumo's unfortunate death at the hands of a drunk, incompetent commander. Several of our rookie recruits have grown into fully fledged Goons and we're on the way to tackling our first big story mission, as it's very likely going to bite us in the rear end that we've put it off for so long.

With the campaign having gone relatively smooth so far, I sense misadventure and death in our immediate future, so if ever there was a time that Goon Crew needed support, it's now!

Pledge your loyalty and get a kickin' rad Goon Commando geared up to take the fight to the Vanduul Advent Chilldankli Stimpire.

I am ready to die for against the Stimpire. Enlist me as whatever first european you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT-yTT4oQfY