Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

flesh dance posted:

yeah a ton of people are having that problem rn, try

settings > web browser > delete cache

that solved it for a lot of folks, myself included (e: you might need to exit steam and restart after that? I don't remember if i had to or not)

No, I fixed that. My games are taking a bit longer to load than usual. I'm not sure if it's because of those issues or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

flesh dance posted:

Thank you, it's still acting weird but this helped a ton

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

flesh dance posted:

yeah a ton of people are having that problem rn, try

that solved it for a lot of folks, myself included (e: you might need to exit steam and restart after that? I don't remember if i had to or not)

Worked, but you do have to reboot the steam client afterwards!

Thanks!

e: Nevermind, the news window popped up and destroyed everything again. :mad:

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 25, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011
The day the Steam client died.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm gonna guess Valve hasn't said jack poo poo about this issue have they

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I deleted a large game I had refunded but not uninstalled and then also cleared up some space on my ssd and it seemed to fix it

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

This was probably a dumb idea, but I tested it out and the key seems to be don't restart the client, I fully quit steam from the task manager and when I started it back up it was broken again, but the cache clear fixed it again, without restarting. It just took a few seconds to get going

vvvvv I'm p bad at games and game-related activities, not gonna lie

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 25, 2017

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Steam's running fine for me. Have you all tried gittin' gud?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The Dark Souls of online game clients.
uPlay is the Lords of The Fallen of online game clients.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I bet most of you never even got the secret ending for Steam.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Croccers posted:

The Dark Souls of online game clients.
uPlay is the Lords of The Fallen of online game clients.

Uplay is pretty much fine now, I'd say you're looking at more of a Desura for that comparison.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Orv posted:

Uplay is pretty much fine now, I'd say you're looking at more of a Desura for that comparison.

I still get trouble with Ubisoft games. They gave The Crew for free last year and I never managed to make it run(One of the tech support suggestions was downgrading your video drivers) and aside from install problems, to properly play Far Cry 4 I had to unplug my controller or it'd give me a black screen.

I still dare not to turn Cloud Saving on since it killed my AC3 progression. I had to play the Connor tutorial again. The tutorial.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Samuringa posted:

I still get trouble with Ubisoft games. They gave The Crew for free last year and I never managed to make it run(One of the tech support suggestions was downgrading your video drivers) and aside from install problems, to properly play Far Cry 4 I had to unplug my controller or it'd give me a black screen.

I still dare not to turn Cloud Saving on since it killed my AC3 progression. I had to play the Connor tutorial again. The tutorial.

So all of the game? :v:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

QuarkJets posted:

IIRC one of the major reviewers was suffering horrible game-crashing issues, so the score suffered a lot. I don't remember which house that was but it seems like the game was pretty buggy during that critical post-release review period

And yeah, poor marketing and basically no name recognition except among those who were upset about not getting a proper Prey sequel
It wasn't game-crashing issues - it's that there was an uncommon saved-state bug where the state of various parts of the ship would reset to their default and it hit the reviewer making a story quest unprogressable. He tanked the score for the one bug and said in the review that it was specifically because he was having so much fun and so emotionally invested in the story. A week or two later they patched it and the patch restored the corrupted saves to their correct states.

There was also the media blitz on the developers saying they couldn't afford to make a PC demo and that people could just use Steam refunds to demo it.

Bethesda Softworks are definitely at fault though because they have never marketed a game well.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Samuringa posted:

Not Steam:
- Titanfall 2, on sale at Origin right now: Probably the best FPS of the decade, you can't miss this.

Been playing this for the last couple days and I can confirm, this poo poo loving rules

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hey, this has probably been asked before in the past 4400 pages but i wasn't sure from the guide in the OP.

I'm building a new games machine and want to move steam from my old one to this one. Currently the games are on two drives on the old machine and ideally I'd like to just move both physical drives into the new box (to avoid downloading everything again). Can someone spell out the steps I should take for this move so I don't break everything in sight?

Thanks heaps.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Alright you chodes, I bought Titanfall 2, now quit bullying me! :negative:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Is Titanfall 2 still good if I despise online multiplayer

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Titanfall 2's singleplayer alone is easily worth the sale price.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I don't know how many times I have to say this: wait for it to enter Origin Access and just pay five bucks to play the five hour campaign. It's apparently a brilliant campaign, but no need to pay more if you don't have to.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Yeah, who would want to own a game instead of renting it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

It's apparently a brilliant campaign
there are like 2-3 genuinely really cool levels/set pieces and otherwise its fairly standard

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

But the titanfall 2 co-op mode comes out tomorrow

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I don't know how many times I have to say this: wait for it to enter Origin Access and just pay five bucks to play the five hour campaign. It's apparently a brilliant campaign, but no need to pay more if you don't have to.

gently caress this, buy Titanfall 2 because it's good and Respawn did a fantastic job.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

yeah it has a loving rad singleplayer

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but if you have Nvidia, updating the drivers may fix Steam. After I did that, my games seem to load fine again

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Willo567 posted:

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but if you have Nvidia, updating the drivers may fix Steam. After I did that, my games seem to load fine again

I updated the drivers this morning and Steam was dragging rear end until I could hit the 'make the Steam client browser cache go away' button.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

QuarkJets posted:

Prey is going to be one of those games that everyone recommends for the next 10 years, it completely blows away everything that's even a little bit similar. Like I enjoyed the Bioshocks but gently caress that whole series now that Prey exists

Dishonored gets a pass for its incredible and unique setting but I wish it had more Prey DNA in it

You know what happens when something has Prey DNA in it?

You get a mostly incomprehensible, overwhelmingly powerful outside force that empathizes with humanity but maybe not as well as it should.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You know what happens when something has Prey DNA in it?

You get a mostly incomprehensible, overwhelmingly powerful outside force that empathizes with humanity but maybe not as well as it should.

Who is Gabe Newell?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

iajanus posted:

Hey, this has probably been asked before in the past 4400 pages but i wasn't sure from the guide in the OP.

I'm building a new games machine and want to move steam from my old one to this one. Currently the games are on two drives on the old machine and ideally I'd like to just move both physical drives into the new box (to avoid downloading everything again). Can someone spell out the steps I should take for this move so I don't break everything in sight?

Thanks heaps.

Move the drives, on the new machine tell the Steam client the default install location is on one of the drives; any games on that drive that you try to install will just be detected and you're good to go. Any games on the other drive you can specify the install path manually, or if you're capable then you can generate a bunch of shortcuts to the other drive

If for some reason the default install location trick doesn't work (because you hosed it up) then you can still specify install locations for any game and Steam will detect that there's already content there and won't redownload it

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/889609817618251776

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I just purchased titanfall 2 thank you for reading

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

QuarkJets posted:

Move the drives, on the new machine tell the Steam client the default install location is on one of the drives; any games on that drive that you try to install will just be detected and you're good to go. Any games on the other drive you can specify the install path manually, or if you're capable then you can generate a bunch of shortcuts to the other drive

If for some reason the default install location trick doesn't work (because you hosed it up) then you can still specify install locations for any game and Steam will detect that there's already content there and won't redownload it

ta very much, can't wait to get home in a couple of hours and start building and see how this goes :D

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I swear this wasn't on the list when I made it but Titan Quest Anniversary Edition is in the Weeklongs for $4 and you should very much get it. Please direct all further queries to this sizable wall of text here.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I stopped playing TQ soon after leaving Greece and reaching Egypt. Been meaning to go back to it...

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Titan Quest suffers from the same problems as Van Helsing, it just has a better loot system and the setting is still pretty cool.

Combat is poo poo and unsatisfying and the skills aren't flashy enough, it also has a weird difficulty curve and some of the later areas are huge slogs.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Deakul posted:

Titan Quest suffers from the same problems as Van Helsing, it just has a better loot system and the setting is still pretty cool.

Combat is poo poo and unsatisfying and the skills aren't flashy enough, it also has a weird difficulty curve and some of the later areas are huge slogs.

Most of this is true but I very much enjoy Titan Quest's combat for one very important reason. In Van Helsing, dead enemies just kind of slump over. But when you kill an enemy in TQ, it goes ragdolling off in proportion to how hard you hit it. Their weapons and armor aren't subject to the same system, so you can punt satyrs and skeletons right out of their clothes. And if you play 2-hander barbarians like I tend to, you'll have those magic moments when all of your on-hit procs trigger at the same time and launch a foe into the stratosphere. Right hand to God, I once hit a skeleton so hard it landed in an entirely different map.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/chasepettit/status/889704409005002752

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Any opinions on Dragon Quest Heroes 2? I wasn't a big fan on the tower defense of the first game, but it looks like the second game isn't like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I didn't realize this but apparently Dungeon of the Endless has a coop mode. It's pretty cool; it splits the resource generation between players but you can give away resources to whoever without penalty, including automatically giving all of your resource income to someone else.

• Locked thread