Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I got that Playing With Power NES Classics book and so much nostalgia just from the slip cover.
Remember opening up the lid with a soft squeak and pulling out one game with a firm press and pull and sticking another game in softly pressing on the little indentation until the cartridge clicked, pulling the lid down and giving that power button a satisfying kachunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I'm not sure what they are going to patch into ARMS for it to suddenly be anything but a comboless fighter with random (volleyball) modes. It's impossible for me to imagine the game beyond its vanilla grabs and punches and some jumping in-between.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Should I get another "Joy-Con"? Oh it's $90. Weird. Maybe I'll just buy 3 full size NYKO controllers instead?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

A single joy con is $50 USD

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

jokes posted:

Should I get another "Joy-Con"? Oh it's $90. Weird. Maybe I'll just buy 3 full size NYKO controllers instead?
jokes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

jokes posted:

Those controllers don't have wireless, motion controls or NFC. I think they don't even have rumble?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Jesus christ

Calaveron posted:

Man I got that Playing With Power NES Classics book and so much nostalgia just from the slip cover.
Remember opening up the lid with a soft squeak and pulling out one game with a firm press and pull and sticking another game in softly pressing on the little indentation until the cartridge clicked, pulling the lid down and giving that power button a satisfying kachunk

The whine of springs as you press down

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

inferis posted:

I wear headphones for 10 hours a day, it seems reasonable to spend that much for my needs. Not everyone needs to spend that much.

Are you the baby driver?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zelder posted:

I wear shoes ten hours a day but they ain't $300+ shoes

I'm sorry

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Those controllers don't have wireless, motion controls or NFC. I think they don't even have rumble?

I guess since it's not wireless that's enough reason to not buy cheap third party controllers but man dropping $90 on a controller seems steep. Then again I sold a Wii U with smash and Mario kart for the price of the switch, and it's the best console. And the joy con is really two controllers which fulfills my duty to own a console with Mario kart ready for 4 people.

gently caress. I want it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dizz posted:

I'd pay top bologna for a pair of headphones that didn't break on me in 5 months.

Wrong thread I know but Best Buy is always putting these Sennheisers on sale for $70. I've had the predecessor model for like over a decade now, and they still sound great. For $70, there's nothing else even close I'd recommend to anyone. This is the second time I've shilled for Best Buy today.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Dizz posted:

I'd pay top bologna for a pair of headphones that didn't break on me in 5 months.

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100/

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

jokes posted:

I guess since it's not wireless that's enough reason to not buy cheap third party controllers but man dropping $90 on a controller seems steep. Then again I sold a Wii U with smash and Mario kart for the price of the switch, and it's the best console. And the joy con is really two controllers which fulfills my duty to own a console with Mario kart ready for 4 people.

gently caress. I want it.

Yeah it loving sucks that joy cons are so expensive. They're good controllers though and unless you're a crazy completionist then you probably won't ever need a set after the second.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I'm not sure what they are going to patch into ARMS for it to suddenly be anything but a comboless fighter with random (volleyball) modes. It's impossible for me to imagine the game beyond its vanilla grabs and punches and some jumping in-between.

I played it a lot and one day i just said gently caress it and played real fighters again instead.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

enojy posted:

Wrong thread I know but Best Buy is always putting these Sennheisers on sale for $70. I've had the predecessor model for like over a decade now, and they still sound great. For $70, there's nothing else even close I'd recommend to anyone. This is the second time I've shilled for Best Buy today.

You can even drop down a model to the Sennheiser HD 202's. Probably one of the best headphones I've bought, snagged them for $22 a while back and at that price point its a steal of the century.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zelder posted:

I wear shoes ten hours a day but they ain't $300+ shoes

Hope you made a pre-order on your walker, because insurance ain't going to cover it.

Same. Clarks have always been good enough.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
It's the sole that matters, not the shoe.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I have a Switch, now. Thanks, Amazon. Wish I could pull my wife away from Puyo Puyo Tetris to give it a try :v:

On release, I remember hearing some horror stories about console warping in the dock. Checking around online shows stories about it, months old at least. The OP didn't seem to mention it. Still a thing? Also if I've opened up a thread :can: just ignore this question, I guess.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I have a Switch, now. Thanks, Amazon. Wish I could pull my wife away from Puyo Puyo Tetris to give it a try :v:

On release, I remember hearing some horror stories about console warping in the dock. Checking around online shows stories about it, months old at least. The OP didn't seem to mention it. Still a thing? Also if I've opened up a thread :can: just ignore this question, I guess.

It might still be a thing but who knows. I took some of that black rubberized electrical tape and kinda layered it over the little outcropping inside the dock just in case.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My headphones were $20 and they've lasted for 15 years. Not even a scratch.

Maybe don't be a klutz with palsy hands?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
The dock has never warped a Switch.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
There's been some cases of it, but the last stories about it took place about 3 months ago. Might be something to be on the lookout for.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Are you the baby driver?

i work in a postal sorting facility so i don't need to talk to anyone.

(these are the ones i use, the slight noise cancelling is nice because there's machinery running constantly https://en-us.sennheiser.com/hd1-wireless-headphones-with-mic )

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
When will amazon get more switches :(

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

quote:

Now that the new Metroid games have been announced people have been asking for an update to my old AM2R video. Half to see what I'd do as a long-time Metroid fan, and the other half to see Nintendo vindicated from my slander since this obviously why they took down AM2R, because they were working on a professional version of it! Metroid: Samus Returns, which is more or less Return of Samus with some fancy cut-scenes and alternate battle types.

Well, I have to say, this does NOT vindicate Nintendo, this proves they are scumbags with no actual faith in their own products who dishonor the community they should be respecting and attempting to surpass. Instead, just like with Super Mario Maker, taking down Fullscreen Mario, they've proven they hate their own community as fans, and see them only as consumers.

They are within their legal rights, but at the end of the day when you compare them to other companies that are fostering modding and fan-games, unless you are completely biased toward Nintendo you can compare Nintendo to these other companies properly and identify them as what they are: scumbags.

This sure is a video.

I brought up Discount Warehouse Jim Sterling around a month ago after trying to find people who were still upset over AM2R even after the announcement of Samus Returns. Well looking for people who went beyond just upset really, it's perfectly fine to still be upset with what happened. But thinking it getting taken down was some heinous act is quite the point of the view.

And I watched through the whole thing and the weird thing is the guy is so close to understanding why a company would view free fan-games (especially games that are centered around the exact concept they might be developing at the time) as competition.

Like most people, when Mario Maker was revealed at E3 2014 realized the game was why they shut down an HTML5 based 2D Mario Level editor anyone could play with for free and share levels online with in the fall of 2013. Most people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

GoldfishStew posted:

When will amazon get more switches :(

The Switch was a limited run product. You can attempt to get a new one when the Switch Classic comes out in 2022.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Cojawfee posted:

The Switch was a limited run product. You can attempt to get a new one when the Switch Classic comes out in 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QXj58gYj2Q

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This sure is a video.

I brought up Discount Warehouse Jim Sterling around a month ago after trying to find people who were still upset over AM2R even after the announcement of Samus Returns. Well looking for people who went beyond just upset really, it's perfectly fine to still be upset with what happened. But thinking it getting taken down was some heinous act is quite the point of the view.

And I watched through the whole thing and the weird thing is the guy is so close to understanding why a company would view free fan-games (especially games that are centered around the exact concept they might be developing at the time) as competition.

Like most people, when Mario Maker was revealed at E3 2014 realized the game was why they shut down an HTML5 based 2D Mario Level editor anyone could play with for free and share levels online with in the fall of 2013. Most people.

As a fan of many Nintendo products, Nintendo fans are dumb as hell

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can't wait until Nintendo releases a console and the classic version of it at the same time.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm not convinced any Switches were actually warped and it wasn't just someone OCD using a level and finding that the plastic back of his Switch wasn't perfectly flat and inspiring other people to freak out and do the same.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Korean Vita (then PS4/Xbone) rhythm game Superbeat: Xonic is coming to Switch this October 3rd in North America. Here's a gameplay trailer for the original release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kPzk-ubWgA

As you might expect, it costs more money than the original releases.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Crazy thought...what in Nintendo put out a system...you could buy?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

GoldfishStew posted:

Crazier thought, what if Nintendo released games for that system.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

GoldfishStew posted:

:smug:

Weird, I'm not going out of my way to buy these things, but I've managed to acquire four amiibo, none of which are first party characters. :ironicat:

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Crazier thought, what if Nintendo released games for that system.

I really don't get your troll style. I mean mine is more subtle. Yours is just wrong. What good games came out for ps4 in the last 6 months? What games at launch? What about xbox? Zelda is game of the year. Splatoon2 owns. Mario is going to own. There is going to be a real, full, rpg Pokémon. GTFO dude. GTFO.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
well i finished zelda tonight

rip nintendo switch

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

HyperPuma posted:

well i finished zelda tonight

rip nintendo switch

I'll @ you when stardew comes out

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Voxx posted:

Jesus christ

The whine of springs as you press down

The agony of seeing a pale blue screen upon pushing the power button

AM2R was a neat play through and all, but holy cow is this ever some entitled crybaby poo poo.
:qq: HOW DARE THEY SHUT DOWN MY IP INFRINGING CREATION, THOSE SCUMBAGS!! :qq:

raditts fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 25, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

raditts posted:

AM2R was a neat play through and all, but holy cow is this ever some entitled crybaby poo poo.
:qq: HOW DARE THEY SHUT DOWN MY IP INFRINGING CREATION, THOSE SCUMBAGS!! :qq:

And he didn't even have anything to do with the gamee while the actual devs and artists behind AM2R have been really chill about Samus Returns, which makes it all the more of a spectacle on his end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

The PS4 port's controller support is bad and I doubt they'll change it now. The game was designed around kb/mouse. I mean it's still a great game on the surface but it's meant to be played on a PC.

It's fine with a controller on the PC. I love just sitting back on the couch to play it.

• Locked thread