Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/omocha_b/status/889114125535543296

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tragedy today as 12 pedestrians were blown up by a child falling off a building.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Revolver Octolot cosplay got real easy.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What is a freshness bonus?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

jokes posted:

Do the various stats on gear matter at all? I mean, I have a very specific look I'm going for but don't know if I should be stacking ink resistance or something.

Stats on gear matter.

There is a way to get whatever stats you want on whatever gear you want so you can look fresh. Talk to Merch to find out more!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Astro7x posted:

I think it's a bonus to getting to a certain point with your weapon.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zeruel posted:

Revolver Octolot cosplay got real easy.

Theres no way this isn't on purpose haha

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Astro7x posted:

You see that little arrow with “Dry”, or other words I can’t remember right now, a flag, and a number, in the lobby? That goes up by 1 and down by .5 (I think there might be some exceptions, but that’s the general rule) as you win or lose. When you hit the next threshold/title for the first time, you get a freshness bonus. It’s kept track of per weapon, so I’m using it as an excuse to play with multiple guns.

Beezel
Mar 13, 2015
Aw hell I just realized that I won't be home when the shops roll over and I can't get the biker boots to go with that jacket.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
0.1% losses in Turf Wars are the most painful ones. :negative:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Dr. Fetus posted:

0.1% losses in Turf Wars are the most painful ones. :negative:

On the flip side, 0.1% WINS feel amazing.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Thank you Manticore whoever you are for being great
-Upsidads

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

I might not win the fight but I'll look the best doing it

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 25, 2017

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Gimbal lock posted:

I might not win the fight but I'll look the best doing it

I need those shoes yesterday

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Someone tell me how to play with a brush as a weapon.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

DalaranJ posted:

Someone tell me how to play with a brush as a weapon.

Using the brush as a weapon means showing up at an angle that the enemy doesn't expect because you can move at really good speeds in enemy ink. Add to that the fact that you're going to win a fight if you come within stabbing distance of your target. So, ideally you'll want to come at unsuspecting targets from the side or back without them knowing. you're pretty fragile though, and if they see you coming, you might want to change strategy. Fortunately, you are also the best at escaping harrowing situations since you can run on enemy ink if you have enough ink yourself. The key is knowing when you should live to splat another day and fall back. That said, if you get really good at zigzagging, you might be able to close in on your target and spat him anyway if he's spotted you but is alone.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

two things i learned about specials today that probably everyone knew:

1) if you use splashdown from higher up it has an increased area of effect
2) when using the jetpack you can press B to gain a small burst of height :supaburn:

jetpack one is a gamechanger to me since i use it a lot and often found myself getting caught just slightly short on certain ledges. can't wait to bust that out sometime, as well as just being harder to hit due to moving around a bit more.

i also played around with splashdown a lot tonight because i'm trying to get freshness bonuses on other weapons to level up faster. i like this special a lot more now that i've practiced with it. i'm always trying to find high ground to make it more effective, and if i'm feeling extra spicy as soon as i charge it up i hide around a corner and open the map to see if any of my teammates are fighting anyone. if so, surprise the enemy with a super jump splashdown :getin:

praying to the nintendo gods that i someday get a weapon that has both squid beakons and splashdown because that seems like a recipe for instant fun

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I really want Splashdown on a scoped charger. It's a pretty good Oh poo poo Button.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I'm confused because I used to be good at this but now the roller seems really anemic and aerospray mg is literally everywhere

E: apparently I've won four in my last twenty matches

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jul 25, 2017

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

praying to the nintendo gods that i someday get a weapon that has both squid beakons and splashdown because that seems like a recipe for instant fun

I would be willing to put down out in the open if teammate were to do this.

Edit: there ever going to use them when I put them out to began with.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Gimbal lock posted:

Using the brush as a weapon means showing up at an angle that the enemy doesn't expect because you can move at really good speeds in enemy ink.

Wait what

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I just tried to post on not-miiverse and it's impossible without ALSO posting to Facebook or twitter?

Between this and finger drawing it's no wonder the artwork this time around is lovely

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

They mean like, with the brush active.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just saw that hideous Ken Penders Sonic sketch on a wall during battle.:vince:

I dig the changes to tower control.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jul 25, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

You're going to have to be a bit more specific there.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jarogue posted:

I would be willing to put down out in the open if teammate were to do this.

Edit: there ever going to use them when I put them out to began with.

i played a game with you earlier today and i think that's been the only time i've seen beacons in the game so far

i used one that round but i'll definitely be looking at beacons differently from now on if i've got splashdown equipped, at least more than just a "you died so get back from spawn faster and safer" object

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Gimbal lock posted:

sub weapons aren't used in other modes? I'm not sure that I follow... You know that you can lob spat bombs in other modes, right?

I'll go dozens of turf wars without seeing a single subweapon and then head to ranked to see 4 subweapons on the point constantly.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have a question in regards to the final boss.

If Callie had won the final splatfest of 1 and the roles were reversed does that mean she would of woke marie up by smashing a roller into her face? Splatoon 1 stated she uses Rollers while Marie uses Splatterscopes so I'm just trying to picture how that cutscene goes down because everything I'm thinking of is comically violent.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

SeANMcBAY posted:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ConanThe3rd posted:

You're going to have to be a bit more specific there.

Someone linked it in the Sonic thread.
https://twitter.com/OmeteotI/status/889709924820828160

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This was in my lobby.

E: Well then.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Huh. Didn't realise what that was

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

something that bums me out about the end of the story in this game is callie shows up for ten minutes or so and then promptly exits the game never to be seen again outside of boss refight. marie still hangs around the plaza/octo valley, the zapfish can be seen atop inkopolis, who is callie????

just because she lost the splatfest doesn't mean people don't like her at all :smith:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

something that bums me out about the end of the story in this game is callie shows up for ten minutes or so and then promptly exits the game never to be seen again outside of boss refight. marie still hangs around the plaza/octo valley, the zapfish can be seen atop inkopolis, who is callie????

just because she lost the splatfest doesn't mean people don't like her at all :smith:

Edit : I'm a dumbass with no reading compression skills.

Eh, I figgure what they do with it is fair enough.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
There's no reward for finishing every stage with every weapon, don't do it

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Internet Kraken posted:

Tragedy today as 12 pedestrians were blown up by a child falling off a building.

Please this is inklings we're talking about, it would actually be "Squid pulls sick stunt, wipes out 3 teams."

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Escobarbarian posted:

So what are everyone's favourite and least favourite new maps so far?

The Reef is probably my least favourite, yet the app says it's the one I've played the most so far. JOY.

Your favourite stage is actually selectable with the drop down menu. Just touch the name of the stage. :ssh:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man some goons are intense af about salmon run.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Turtlicious posted:

Man some goons are intense af about salmon run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yo who wants to team up for Salmon Run today?