Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

well i finished zelda tonight

rip nintendo switch

i beat it yesterday. i got the master mode dlc which is actually better than i thought. it doesnt just replace enemies with stronger versions, but it has extra camps and poo poo and dudes on platforms suspended by balloons which you can shoot and make them fall; it's pretty funny. i died three times in the starter area. you should get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

raditts posted:

The agony of seeing a pale blue screen upon pushing the power button

AM2R was a neat play through and all, but holy cow is this ever some entitled crybaby poo poo.
:qq: HOW DARE THEY SHUT DOWN MY IP INFRINGING CREATION, THOSE SCUMBAGS!! :qq:

I heard it was less about infringing on their IP, (plenty of parody games get made that Nintendo doesn't care about) and more about the fact they were reusing Nintendo's actual art assets from the previous Metroid games.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

raditts posted:

AM2R was a neat play through and all, but holy cow is this ever some entitled crybaby poo poo.
:qq: HOW DARE THEY SHUT DOWN MY IP INFRINGING CREATION, THOSE SCUMBAGS!! :qq:

That's not the creator of AM2R. The creator of AM2R is actually pretty happy that both AM2R and Samus Returns both exist and he's looking forward to seeing what Nintendo does differently with their remake compared to his. You've got a group who loathe Nintendo for making their own remake though and pretend to speak for the creator of AM2R, such as the obnoxious idiot in that video you linked.

Well that and they're also idiots who think the development time of Samus Returns is a few months because clearly Nintendo ripping off AM2R and not because a remake was in the works for a while now because angry Internet people are armchair game developers now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pretty sure angry internet people have been armchair game developers for as long as there was an internet to be angry on.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Crazier thought, what if Nintendo released games for that system.
I didn't buy this thing so that I could take it out of the box and have its value plummet. I'm quite happy with them not releasing any games TYVM.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

irlZaphod posted:

I didn't buy this thing so that I could take it out of the box and have its value plummet. I'm quite happy with them not releasing any games TYVM.

Hell, :same:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Nintendo finally releases a piece of hardware that isn't a blatant case of embarrassing Conservative Japanese Megacorp cost-cutting, and of course this is the one they won't immediately try to resell their old catalog on.

It was some pages ago, but fun fact: A big contributing reason the Wii U had gently caress all and the Switch gets about 1 major first/second party IP a month so far is that with the Wii U, Nintendo literally had to retrain themselves to have efficient workflow pipelines with games which used HD assets. The rest of the industry had gotten this down in the 360/PS3 era, but because the original Wii was basically a GameCube with waggle tacked on, they literally had no idea how to go about making HD games internally at first.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There have been so many good new games there is no way I'd have time to bother with virtual console.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Tender Bender posted:

I'm not convinced any Switches were actually warped and it wasn't just someone OCD using a level and finding that the plastic back of his Switch wasn't perfectly flat and inspiring other people to freak out and do the same.

Or they just ended up bending it, since it is possible with enough force. Though the console is pretty durable otherwise, so who knows. (Though you'll want a screen protector for it, since the screen is plastic, not glass.)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

bloodysabbath posted:

Nintendo finally releases a piece of hardware that isn't a blatant case of embarrassing Conservative Japanese Megacorp cost-cutting, and of course this is the one they won't immediately try to resell their old catalog on.

It was some pages ago, but fun fact: A big contributing reason the Wii U had gently caress all and the Switch gets about 1 major first/second party IP a month so far is that with the Wii U, Nintendo literally had to retrain themselves to have efficient workflow pipelines with games which used HD assets. The rest of the industry had gotten this down in the 360/PS3 era, but because the original Wii was basically a GameCube with waggle tacked on, they literally had no idea how to go about making HD games internally at first.

The Switch basically is 'Wii U, take 2', complete with basically being what everyone thought/assumed the Wii U would/should be.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

bloodysabbath posted:

:yikes:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Switch is actually the Vita 2 from an alternate universe where the first one sold well

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

bloodysabbath posted:

of course this is the one they won't immediately try to resell their old catalog on.

Half of their games for this year are Wii U rereleases though.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Sakurazuka posted:

Switch is actually the Vita 2 from an alternate universe where the first one sold well

Now that we've picked the lone fruit of that universe we can burn that sad place to the ground.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mister Facetious posted:

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair few more WiiU ports trickle out over the next year and beyond. Platinum's already been teasing Bayonetta and maybe Wonderful 101.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yes, but for this troll discussion, I'm just using first-party titles.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mister Facetious posted:

3 out of 11 first party releases is hardly half.

To show which ones I'm counting:

Zelda
1-2 Switch
Snipperclips
Mario Kart 8 DX
Arms
Splatoon 2
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Fire Emblem Warriors
Pokken Deluxe
Xenoblade 2
Mario Oddyssey

Rereleases italicised, although Zelda was a simultaneous release on multiple systems. You may not want to count Snipperclips since it's an eShop title, you may not want to count Rabbids as an Ubisoft title though Nintendo is publishing depending on what region you're in. I suppose you could say Fire Emblem Warriors isn't an original title because it releases with a new 3DS version if you're being particularly pedantic. Either way you want to count it though you never get to half even with the least generous way of counting.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 25, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoldfishStew posted:

IWhat good games came out for ps4 in the last 6 months?

Funny that you chose 6 months otherwise I would have reminded you of the powerhouse title that came out 8 months ago called Call of Duty Infinite Warfare.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:lol:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I honesty had more fun with Horizon Zero Dawn than with Breath of the Wild, which I feel like I'm just loading up out of obligation at this point.

Splatoon 2 should hold me over until Rabbids at least

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There has never been a good game in the history of video games.

That will change when Stardew Valley launches on the Switch.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I won Stardew Valley on Steamgifts, but the walk speed was too slow so I quit quite quickly.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

There has never been a good game in the history of video games.

That will change when Stardew Valley launches on the Switch.

Are you Rocko Boaty? If so, I liked the WiiU classic video, funny stuff.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Inescapable Duck posted:

The Switch basically is 'Wii U, take 2', complete with basically being what everyone thought/assumed the Wii U would/should be.

I'm still kinda sad that the dock does nothing on its own which eliminates second screen functionality, because that was really nice when implemented well, especially with asymmetrical multiplayer.
But I'll get over it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you thought the Switch dock was expensive btw, my wife bought a surface pro over the weekend and it's dock cost $150

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
[quote="“Al Borland Corp.”" post="“474699056”"]
If you thought the Switch dock was expensive btw, my wife bought a surface pro over the weekend and it’s dock cost $150
[/quote]

and you don’t even “dock” it, just plug it in :laffo:

(I have one for work)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

and you don’t even “dock” it, just plug it in :laffo:

(I have one for work)

Wait seriously? She was telling me about it over text but I didn't actually see it. What a ripoff.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

GoldfishStew posted:

What good games came out for ps4 in the last 6 months?

Yakuza 0, Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Crash trilogy, Wipeout collection off the top of my head of we're only talking exclusives, plenty more if we include multiplatform stuff

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You can't lie to me, Macy's. I've seen you enjoy IW at least three times this year.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Wait seriously? She was telling me about it over text but I didn't actually see it. What a ripoff.

If it’s a surface pro 3 it is actually a dock but if it’s a 4 it’s a brick that you plug into the charging port (that works extremely well but stretches the definition of dock).

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If it’s a surface pro 3 it is actually a dock but if it’s a 4 it’s a brick that you plug into the charging port (that works extremely well but stretches the definition of dock).

It is a refurbished 3.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

StarDON'T

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“The Bloop”" post="“474700090”"]
StarDON’T
[/quote]

Senran Kagura Pokken collab looking weird.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bloodysabbath posted:

The rest of the industry outside of Japan. There's a reason so many Japanese games went straight from PS2 > PS4

Edit: Or they gave up and just stuck to handhelds. Japan had a really rough transition to HD

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Two times in three days I've gotten Switch System Error 2168-0002. Never had any error codes before and I'm kind of getting worried something might be wrong with it now. Restarting it each time has fixed it but still seems weird to have gone from no errors to two like that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There were plenty of good Japanese PS3/360 games they just tended to look like nicer PS2 ones unless Sony, MS, Capcom or Square were involved.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

does anybody know how much Namco Museum is going to be?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

3 out of 11 first party releases is hardly half.

Stop being a nerd on a comedy forum, Al.

Sakurazuka posted:

There were plenty of good Japanese PS3/360 games they just tended to look like nicer PS2 ones unless Sony, MS, Capcom or Square were involved.

Yeah, Capcom's last CEO even said most Japanese devs were "five/five-to-ten years behind the West".

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 25, 2017

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

does anybody know how much Namco Museum is going to be?

Fairly sure it's £30 (lol)/$30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

hm. Okay then.

• Locked thread