Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
So is there actually a way to aim the stingray special or is it just garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
It's more of an aim first, then fire, then stop once your target is lost or dead, then aim again, style weapon because the tracking is super slow while it's firing.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 25, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What's the probability of the Aerospray getting dialled down in the next couple of weeks?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Since I was in the habit of posting these in the previous Splatoon thread...

Zinc is a brand for fashionable inklings. Might also work as sports apparel.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i'm wild about how much inkling fashion is current streetwear trends mashed up with the most BAPE-est stuff ever.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

C rank rainmaker is so swingy it's crazy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

Your favourite stage is actually selectable with the drop down menu. Just touch the name of the stage. :ssh:

Ah ok! That's much better.

How much turf has everyone inked? I'm on 168067 atm

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Gimbal lock posted:

Using the brush as a weapon means showing up at an angle that the enemy doesn't expect because you can move at really good speeds in enemy ink. Add to that the fact that you're going to win a fight if you come within stabbing distance of your target. So, ideally you'll want to come at unsuspecting targets from the side or back without them knowing. you're pretty fragile though, and if they see you coming, you might want to change strategy. Fortunately, you are also the best at escaping harrowing situations since you can run on enemy ink if you have enough ink yourself. The key is knowing when you should live to splat another day and fall back. That said, if you get really good at zigzagging, you might be able to close in on your target and spat him anyway if he's spotted you but is alone.

This is pretty much it. Think of brushes as the assassin "class" or whatever of Splatoon. You have very short range so trying to engage someone head-on is foolish, but your superior mobility allows you to easily escape fights and ambush people from unexpected angles. Ninja squid is extremely good for brush users as the hit to swim speed doesn't matter much for them and allows you to move unseen through ink for surprise attacks.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

FYI to those who love Salmon Run!

7/26 11:00 PM - 7/27 11:00 AM (Is this poo poo local time? PST if so)
The location is Spawning Grounds and the weapons are all machine-gun type. This will be prime loving time for boosting your pay grade because it will be easy as gently caress. Enjoy!
(God I loving hate these windows of time.)

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Yes, all times in-game and in the app are in your local timezone.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

DaveKap posted:

FYI to those who love Salmon Run!

7/26 11:00 PM - 7/27 11:00 AM (Is this poo poo local time? PST if so)
The location is Spawning Grounds and the weapons are all machine-gun type. This will be prime loving time for boosting your pay grade because it will be easy as gently caress. Enjoy!
(God I loving hate these windows of time.)

Goons on Discord, I will be doing runs from 4pm-6pm CST. Come join me as we say words of encouragement to each other into microphones.

Most of you are already my NinFriendos, but if you're not here's my friend code: SW-4133-9612-3044

Overachievers+ preferrred.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Overachievers+ preferrred.

:emo:

Thanks Randoms for making GBS threads up my pay grade

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Rexroom posted:

Since I was in the habit of posting these in the previous Splatoon thread...

Zinc is a brand for fashionable inklings. Might also work as sports apparel.

Inklings boys doomed to wear activewear because of that terrible shorts/leggings combo only joggers and basketball players wear

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'll play with goons at any rank in Salmon Run. If I drop or anything I'm confidant I can work myself back up pretty easily :v:

S'all about fun. Just be aware the difficulty will be at Overachiever unless we bomb super hard and I derank. After talking with some friends and watching videos I can confirm the difficulty is set to whoever the highest in the room is.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Whereabouts in the app are people seeing the time that the next Salmon Run goes live? Can't see anything about it anywhere in the app.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Gunder posted:

Whereabouts in the app are people seeing the time that the next Salmon Run goes live? Can't see anything about it anywhere in the app.

For some reason it's not in the app, it's in the in-game schedule.

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

I'm so glad I stuck with motion controls. It took me a solid day to not be horrendous with them, but now I'm frequently top of the scoreboards: I shouldn't have doubted the goons :<

Wendell
May 11, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'll play with goons at any rank in Salmon Run. If I drop or anything I'm confidant I can work myself back up pretty easily :v:

S'all about fun. Just be aware the difficulty will be at Overachiever unless we bomb super hard and I derank. After talking with some friends and watching videos I can confirm the difficulty is set to whoever the highest in the room is.

On this day you have earned your name.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What's the best way to play handheld? Motion control enabled has my camera always pointing at the sky due to how I hold the Switch. Using the sticks works fine but surely there's a trick to getting handheld working nicely portable.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Salmon's active!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Why does salmon run close sometimes

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

well why not posted:

What's the best way to play handheld? Motion control enabled has my camera always pointing at the sky due to how I hold the Switch. Using the sticks works fine but surely there's a trick to getting handheld working nicely portable.

I can't get it to go either, I just have to hold it the way it wants me to. Set sensitivity to maximum imo

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SW-4645-7116-9506

Doing some early morning salmon run, add me if you wanna play

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.

Bonus clear view: http://i.imgur.com/LDhcg8i.jpg

Well, it is uphill from now on hopefully?

Also is the invidual "p" value after match only based on ground covered? I seem to get top spot on our team 70% of the time because I compulsively fill out inkless corners?

Bonus :stonk:

bandaid.friend posted:

I can't get it to go either, I just have to hold it the way it wants me to. Set sensitivity to maximum imo

Maybe try to hammer Y to reset camera time to time.
I just gave up during beta splatfest and put switch down on table and used joycons in their dock

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

SW-4645-7116-9506

Doing some early morning salmon run, add me if you wanna play
Added you :)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks team

very helpful

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Accepted!

Heads up, the roller cannot steamroll chums. You'll just bounce off them. Don't do it.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

well why not posted:

How exactly are you seated? Why doesn't pressing Y work?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Taikuri posted:

Maybe try to hammer Y to reset camera time to time.
I just gave up during beta splatfest and put switch down on table and used joycons in their dock

Sadly it only goes so far. I think they assumed everyone would be playing this game with the controller or joycons instead of handheld

I got a round of glowflies when I had the charger. The whole team was at the bow of the ship so all the salmons came in straight lines, it was great

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Peewi posted:

For some reason it's not in the app, it's in the in-game schedule.

It's also in the app :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've had no trouble at all with handheld. How are you holding your Switch?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Manky posted:

The current one is. They're asking about upcoming ones which are not.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Manky posted:

I wish it had the full schedule, so far I've only seen that panel when the run is actually active.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

bowmore posted:

Thanks team

very helpful

how'd the level 7 even get their super off with no coverage

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

The current one is. They're asking about upcoming ones which are not.

Ooooh, yeah. Dang it should have that!!

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
They disconnected, that gives them 0 points

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Hope I can grind out the super-rewards for this after work. Despite salmon run not being available all the time, I like it because it encourages me to play. I probably would've played like once and then focused on Turf otherwise

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Spellman posted:

Hope I can grind out the super-rewards for this after work. Despite salmon run not being available all the time, I like it because it encourages me to play. I probably would've played like once and then focused on Turf otherwise

between the immediate rewards and the meal tickets it gives a shitload of money so that's nice

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Why does salmon run close sometimes

Spellman posted:

This is the reason why they limited the availability. The rewards and timed rotation make it feel special so people play it when it's up

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Lakbay posted:

This is the reason why they limited the availability. The rewards and timed rotation make it feel special so people play it when it's up

Are times normally like this? I just woke up and it'll be closed by the time I get back from work. :(