Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
So these event missions can drop gems. Not sure which ones give what but I got my berserker ones out of the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The 30AP ones will drop berserker gems because the Chimaeras are Berserker class.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
which medals should I go for? idk anything about nerofest, I thought it was just a fancy name for a nero banner!!

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
10 AP seems to have the best AP/Bond ratio. Think I'm gonna stick with that one for now.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

which medals should I go for? idk anything about nerofest, I thought it was just a fancy name for a nero banner!!
If you don't give a poo poo about optimal or emptying the entire store then just check the store for what items you want and then grind whichever stage gives you those medals.

You need something like 6000AP to buy literally everything, which sounds miserable to grind out. Personally I went for the gears for EMIYA and probably the Crystallised Lore because that does seem legit super-rare. The rest I can take or leave.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Which Servants do you want to ascend? Look up what materials you will need.

Then grind those materials.

And the Crystallised Lore, which is both universally needed and very rare.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I did 3 10-pulls and got Altera, but no Nero.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Skill materials in general seem ridiculous once you get past rank 3 or 4. Are they like +eggs in PAD and they're the last thing the game expects you to do, only for your favourite servants?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Is the Nightless Rose CE actually good?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's one free use of Guts so not especially.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
5 10-pulls, 1 ticket, no Nero, no Altera.

Fuuuck this game. :mad:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Waver keeps buffing himself, making me deal 0 damage.

ty overpowered jeanne, there was no way I would had won that without you.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
90 crystals down the drain trying to get punchy ruler swimsuit Martha, but got nothing but a bunch of Meat Wars CEs.

Missed out on Lancer Kiyohime, too, but I can't even properly complain because I got Lancer Tamamo instead.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I didn't get Nero, but I got a dupe Alteria, Waver, Heracles, Atlantia, and a dupe Elisabeth.. I'll call it a win!

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
Nothing from tickets, but 10 roll managed to save me from becoming FGO's paypig

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Why did I make the erroneous assumption that material drops would be better in these events. Figured out ahead of time I needed around 11 Chaos Claws, so I'd run the 30AP almost exclusively. ~250 AP later and not a god drat one.

As far as I'm concerned that ship has sailed, so I'll just focus on medal grinding since at least those are more or less guaranteed. AFAIK the 20AP is the best one because you'll get a little of everything, including more golds per AP. If on the last day you're short on bronzes or silvers it should be trivially easy to re-run the 5 and 10APs enough times to top off those ones.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Why did I make the erroneous assumption that material drops would be better in these events. Figured out ahead of time I needed around 11 Chaos Claws, so I'd run the 30AP almost exclusively. ~250 AP later and not a god drat one.

Probably because people kept talking up events as a land of milk and honey.

The thing about claws is we already have a quest with a lot of Chimeras; the problem is the drop rate per mob is terrible because it's a gold drop. Fortunately with feathers and jewels the problem is finding the mobs themselves in any numbers so it seems like the event should be a decent improvement.

Still bad, though. Grindy mobage and all that.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Yeah, it's not the drop rates that's better, it's the 5 chaos claws from quest reward and all the stuff you can get for medals from the event exchange shop.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I am definitely of the opinion that I'd prefer to live with not ascending folks for a long while and just doing it when I can when you get guarantees from quest rewards or trade ins. Use down time to grind prisms otherwise.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is there a definitive "get this, not that" guide for this event?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Get Crystallised Lores.
Get Ascension Mats
Take or leave the CE.
Ignore the EXP and QP.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
0 Nero from SMN tickets... did a 10 roll... my 12th Verdant soul, 4th Antumbra and 3rd Seal Designation Enforcer.

Stop giving me only CEs and no servants :(

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I have a friend with a lvl 80 Lancelot running a maxed LB Kaleidoscope and NP lvl 4. Let's just say I update the list for him every time so he can one-shot all three servants on the last wave of the 30 AP fight. If I knew how bonkers Lancelot's NP's scaling is, I'd have focused on feeding him all my spare exp. cards instead of getting Altria to lvl 70 and doing her NP interlude.

Also got Waver his third ascension and he's carrying Homer's Odyssey around even into battle. :allears:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Get Crystallised Lores.
Get Ascension Mats
Take or leave the CE.
Ignore the EXP and QP.

Is getting 700 gold medals actually realistic?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

3 10 pulls and 4 Tickets got me NP2 Sumanai, Liz, Limited/Zero Over and a bunch of NP upgrades for my 3*s.

The gacha is a cruel mistress.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

OddObserver posted:

If you don't do anything else, probably. If you don't do anything else and can farm the Grand Final, almost certainly?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

OddObserver posted:

Yeah, it's not the drop rates that's better, it's the 5 chaos claws from quest reward and all the stuff you can get for medals from the event exchange shop.

Rates definitely are better than the dailies for the specific drop because you can't get spooked by a demon spawn. It's just still terribly low rates. I've gotten 2 claws out of 420 AP.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They gave you guys Golden Apples for a reason.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Pierson posted:

If you don't give a poo poo about optimal or emptying the entire store then just check the store for what items you want and then grind whichever stage gives you those medals.

You need something like 6000AP to buy literally everything, which sounds miserable to grind out. Personally I went for the gears for EMIYA and probably the Crystallised Lore because that does seem legit super-rare. The rest I can take or leave.

A bulk of that AP is getting all the gold medal rewards. Doing the 5 AP and 10 AP quests for bronze and silver, you only need ~1100 AP. If you don't care about getting the CE, it's more like 700 AP.

Two of the gold rewards are the event CE as well. Take those out and you'll need a lot less. Just my opinion, but the CE's are the lowest priority buys unless you need them for waifu reasons. Even then, they can randomly drop in any battle so you'll probably get 1 or 2 while grinding anyways.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

OddObserver posted:

Yes. I did it to all event in the JP version. I have like 400 gold apples unused.

You can't waste energy and must plan for it. Usually the shop ce that gives drop
Boost should be prioritize. Having other event CE from gacha that boost drop would makes it faster along with friend that have the similar CE.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nyaa posted:

Yes. I did it to all event in the JP version. I have like 400 gold apples unused.

You can't waste energy and must plan for it. Usually the shop ce that gives drop
Boost should be prioritize. Having other event CE from gacha that boost drop would makes it faster along with friend that have the similar CE.
From the looks of it Nerofest is an odd duck in that there is no way to boost event currency drops, unlike the rest. So it's relatively simple, you just throw yourself at either the 20AP or 30AP until you have enough. I can only assume that if you do that throughout the whole event getting at least 600 for the Lore is fairly reasonable. Gotta average, what, 70 or so a day?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So I wanted to roll for umu

Still no saber in my roster...

Bholder fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 25, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Nate RFB posted:

From the looks of it Nerofest is an odd duck in that there is no way to boost event currency drops,
The later challenges will unlock better drop rate. But yeah, maybe this would need 2-3 apples i guess.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Bholder posted:

So I wanted to roll for umu

Still no saber in my roster...

:eyepop:

I'd say that's a good compromise for a Nero.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

My beloved 3 Skills Waver, you have come home at last.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

It's so tedious to level characters up when there's an event like this.. I have all these new dudes that I'm going to have to wait forever to be useful.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I presume Waver changing from Not Quite As Stoned Baofu to a teenager is related to Why Do We Keep Calling Zhuge Liang Waver.

Three ten-pulls, zero Neros. Two Alteras, though.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
For what it's worth, with data from about 800 runs collected it now looks like all four of the upgrade materials farmable today have equal or worse drop rates in the event quests than outside the event.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
finally my ushikamaru has better clothes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tama Cat second ascension and a jump to 60 due to a super success. Thanks nerofes.