Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Since the ffxii remake just came out I'm diving into the world of Ivalice with Vagrant Story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought Carnage Heart for PS1.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

I bought Carnage Heart for PS1.

I just remember it being complicated and uses up like a whole ps1 memory card...good luck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've recruited Gale to my party. Things are heating up in the Scrapyard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training Getting back into Devil May Cry tonight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im tapping out of DMC1, and will probably move onto DMC3 after Splatoon 2 weekend. I probably shouldnt have taken a break and made myself rusty but at the same time there's like 4 enemies in the entire game and all the swimming crap is terrible, and the one boss where you have to scramble over its body and keep the lights on blows rear end too. It's a cool game but I won't see the ending.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Im tapping out of DMC1, and will probably move onto DMC3 after Splatoon 2 weekend. I probably shouldnt have taken a break and made myself rusty but at the same time there's like 4 enemies in the entire game and all the swimming crap is terrible, and the one boss where you have to scramble over its body and keep the lights on blows rear end too. It's a cool game but I won't see the ending.

What chapter are you on? it's a really short game and you're probably past all of the swimming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

What chapter are you on? it's a really short game and you're probably past all of the swimming

18, idk how many there are.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also stepping away for a bit and then trying to like, jump around these barely visible staircases was very frustrating. There's way too much platforming for how crappy that aspect of the game is. And having played the opening 30 minutes of 3 and knowing how much better the combat and comboing is, makes me want to just play that instead of not enjoying more 1.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You're close to the end, but hey I think DMC3 is better in every way anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

You're close to the end, but hey I think DMC3 is better in every way anyway

Im glad I checked it out at least, and hell maybe Ill just abuse Holy Water through the rest of the bosses and see what the finale is like.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh and Ive still been loving DDS1. Cielo and the Cat ftw.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th finale's worth experiencing once imo. if youre really not feeling it then yeah 3's better in pretty much every way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I tried Mission 18 again and beat it, so now I'm going to power through before Splatoon 2 comes out so I have no distractions https://www.twitch.tv/in_training for anyone who can watch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Trish....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I was all jazzed to get to the underworld and then you fight the exact same boss you just fought in the chapter immediately before it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol I had no idea the Platinum gimmick of putting bad space harrier clones in their games has had such a storied history

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I can beat this but I need to take a break. I will prevail before Midnight EST.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
dmc 1 loving rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat it. I take back everything I said, any game that ends with a timed escape sequence and blow off final boss where you combine forces with your allies to do cinematic takedowns is S-tier in my book.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

Also stepping away for a bit and then trying to like, jump around these barely visible staircases was very frustrating. There's way too much platforming for how crappy that aspect of the game is. And having played the opening 30 minutes of 3 and knowing how much better the combat and comboing is, makes me want to just play that instead of not enjoying more 1.

if you didn't like the regular platforming you would have hated several of the secret missions lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

if you didn't like the regular platforming you would have hated several of the secret missions lol

I didnt even know Secret Missions existed until I beat the game https://clips.twitch.tv/BumblingEndearingPotatoVoHiYo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

I didnt even know Secret Missions existed until I beat the game https://clips.twitch.tv/BumblingEndearingPotatoVoHiYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDCATziVUXg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Started playing ace combat 4 this morning and this game kicks rear end. The sound design during missions is so overwhelming and awesome, makes all the dogfights and maneuvering feel super badass. I also love watching the debriefing where they have little arrows flying around representing your mission path and all the bogeys and poo poo zipping around.

The only bummer is that I think either my disc is slightly scratched or the laser on my PS2 is going because it only manages to get through like a quarter of each cutscene before it fails and just jumps to the next mission briefing, which is a total bummer!!! I'll have to watch them on YouTube because they are all excellent so far, I love their WWI European flair + future tech bombing machines of death

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theres a huge dramatic mission in Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies where the enemy is jamming your radar so you have to manually take down 7 enormous lasers while remaining under 2000 feet altitude or else you get immediately exploded. The next mission is a 7 minute score attack of you doing loop de loops through a foggy ravine shooting balloons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the music that plays during he last mission of AC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ6ABV_Q9qU

I already love this series lol

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
I've only played 5 and found some of the missions super frustrating because I am bad at videogames. I was relieved to finally finish it but at the same time it was really awesome. Been thinking about getting 4 too, perhaps now I will.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

This is the music that plays during he last mission of AC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ6ABV_Q9qU

I already love this series lol

Congrats. AC OSTs are on a completely different level

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The level where u blow up the asteroid defence system that's been such a pain in the rear end for the first half of the game is a powerful gamer feel. As is the final level.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll probably stream 5 whenever I start it, which may be later tonight.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've been playing a bunch of Persona 4 Golden lately, just beat the first dungeon last night. It's pretty great, but a little weird playing it after P5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my DDS update is that I've got the Iron Stomach + AP Share + high level hunting skills on my Phys MC and now I'm mastering mantra faster than I can afford new high level ones. Can't wait to see what the last few mantra look like, which seem to be locked behind mastering multiple paths. I'm on the sewers, after blowing up the cruise ship in the desert

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

A cruise ship in a dry land...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Evil Eagle posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The latest acquisition

there was a classic games vendor at the FG tourney im at and they had new copies for 30 bucks

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have opened the gates to Nirvana in DDS1, but Im gonna revisit a lot of areas and see if I missed any side stuff and open up all the colored gates I had to skip on my first pass. This game is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Got Beezlebub to red zone but he killed me :eng99: I almost have the dekaja/dekunda mantra done though which will make the fight so much more manageable. I was just checking colored walls and figured they would all just have chests behind them but I just stumbled into a whole new dungeon + boss

• Locked thread