Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Is there some sort of guide to how to unlock all the Amiibo costumes? What I am reading online is not what I am getting when scanning

I think you have to be level 10 to unlock all costumes? maybe less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nephzinho posted:

I think you have to be level 10 to unlock all costumes? maybe less.

Yeah, I can't find definitive answers.

All I've heard is that it is based off games played, and you have to go back and rescan the amiibo. So you are better off scanning earlier to unlock everything.

It's very confusing and the game doesn't make it clear. Like if I didn't know any better I would have just thought I got the one armor piece and that's it

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
"Wow, I don't feel like I'm playing that badly but my team is just not there!"

Oh, that's because my entire team disconnected except for me. That does explain it.

Has anybody had issues with the pro controller occasionally having input lag in this game? I noticed it a few times while playing Octobrush. I tried testing it in the system's calibration menus and such and detected no problems there.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Wendell posted:

People who dress their character in the try-hard "cool" full body armour make me a little sad.
Anyone wearing those pieces of gear, or anything without all 4 ability slots are likely only wearing them to unlock their abilities before they wardrobe them forever.

Most of that anyone, anyways.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Lakbay posted:

There's not even a tutorial for tower control or rainmaker, which is vastly different than the 10 levels of turf war new players will have been playing

Yeah it's pretty funny being in a match where you can clearly see your teammates playing as if it's TURF WAR. Another good one is a player obtaining the rain maker and not knowing they need to take it to the enemy base.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I had a couple players in my last tower control session who were ignoring the objective but they kept cutting off enemy routes of approach and thus contributed anyway. However I also had a splat zone match last night where all 3 of my teammates just kind of slowly inked things in while I desperately tried to fight by myself.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

JackDarko posted:

Yeah it's pretty funny being in a match where you can clearly see your teammates playing as if it's TURF WAR. Another good one is a player obtaining the rain maker and not knowing they need to take it to the enemy base.

Or to protect it. I had a game where i fell back with the Rainmaker to get cover and everyone ran BEHIND me even further and we ended up losing after having given them free ground. If the team is clueless either let them take it so you can cover them well, or just dive forward to put it in a bubble and buy time.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Is there some sort of guide to how to unlock all the Amiibo costumes? What I am reading online is not what I am getting when scanning

I think its based on how many battle you per item Like try every 10 battles or something.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
That's not even how phones work game

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

well why not posted:

What's the probability of the Aerospray getting dialled down in the next couple of weeks?

0. It's probably not any different than it has been. Splatoon 1 had this phase too and it will pass as people figure out oh wait these guys have no range or accuracy *backs up slowly*

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jarogue posted:

I think its based on how many battle you per item Like try every 10 battles or something.

I scanned at level 4 and got head pieces, then scanned at level 10 (20 games or so later thanks to a XP++ ticket) I got the rest. Sounds right ish.

Any professionals going to be on at like 2PM EST? Salmon for lunch?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
It's best to take it for granted that your team-mates below the rank of B- are mouth-breathing simpletons.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Yeah my weapon of choice is the .50 GAL against Aerospray users. If they get close to me chances are i'm splatted but that's fair, and they usually don't. Try the Aerospray in ranked, you will be incredibly disappointed.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I know I made an exactly the same post about the Splatling earlier, but I am seriously loving the Splattershot Pro at the moment. It's another one of those weapons where everyone underestimates its range, and the Point Sensor and Rain Machine are great for flushing people out of hiding.

Should be "he does it again" :colbert:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Icedude posted:

I know I made an exactly the same post about the Splatling earlier, but I am seriously loving the Splattershot Pro at the moment. It's another one of those weapons where everyone underestimates its range, and the Point Sensor and Rain Machine are great for flushing people out of hiding.

Should be "he does it again" :colbert:

There's something to be said for a super that you use pretty much right away rather than trying to set up the perfect splashdown and occasionally die, losing meter without actually getting it off.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

There's something to be said for a super that you use pretty much right away rather than trying to set up the perfect splashdown and occasionally die, losing meter without actually getting it off.

Almost all supers should be used ASAP. Get super, lose all your ink, pop super, recover all your ink. Full ink recovery is almost always more powerful than their actual effect. This is also why Ink Jet is usually bad, it murders your inking ability for like 10 seconds for maybe one kill.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Maybe I am alone here, but I disabled motion controls and had a lot of success last night.

I was using the Tentatek Splattershot, and pretty much not messing with the Y axis and just turning left and right. I felt like my problem was that I was aiming towards the ground so often and struggling to readjust to hit enemies. By not moving the Y axis I was already at the right height to hit other players.

I went from getting 700p to getting 1,800-2,000p per match.

I think it helps that the special for that gun also lets you spray a ton of ink, so I wasn't even trying to hit people with it. Run out of ink, activate the special, ink some turf, and fall back down with a full tank of ink.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

deadwing posted:

Almost all supers should be used ASAP. Get super, lose all your ink, pop super, recover all your ink. Full ink recovery is almost always more powerful than their actual effect. This is also why Ink Jet is usually bad, it murders your inking ability for like 10 seconds for maybe one kill.

Ink Jet lets you zone enemies off the objective really well for the duration. Splashdown sometimes I just use to win a 1v1 when someone gets the drop on me, sometimes gently caress up the super jump tower clearing team kill jump dream.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Zeruel posted:

My Revolver Octolot cosplay can begin.

You're squiddy good...
:ocelot:

Actually there is a proper special forces berret and military style jacket. I cant grab a screenshot since Murch has them on order for me ATM but yeah, things like that are in the game.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress grillers

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK I figured out how to kill grillers easily.

NOW EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE DO THAT JESUS CHRIST YOU JUST SAW ME DO IT

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Okay taking lunch -- any Profreshionals want to knock out some Salmon Run?

e; 2 wave 2 losses to people turning jumping overboard when grillers were nowhere near them and turning it into the rest of the team, and one that was just nothing dying. This is why I don't pub Salmon.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 25, 2017

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what exactly do gold and salmon eggs do in terms of progression? is it one boosts your pay rate and the other is what pays you?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Futaba Anzu posted:

what exactly do gold and salmon eggs do in terms of progression? is it one boosts your pay rate and the other is what pays you?

They both boost your performance on that round. Orange eggs are worth 1/200th of a gold egg, but don't have to be carried one at a time so they're just free extra points. At the end of the round you get points based on performance and after you get X points for the day you get different rewards. More eggs = faster rewards.

Since the rewards loop its not like you run out, you just get more faster.

Also probably levels up your rank faster if you get more points.

Flowers
Mar 16, 2007

it's all fucking lewds

grand theft grotto posted:

Oh, that's because my entire team disconnected except for me. That does explain it.

Has anybody had issues with the pro controller occasionally having input lag in this game? I noticed it a few times while playing Octobrush. I tried testing it in the system's calibration menus and such and detected no problems there.

Yeah, I'm getting that too. It's intermittent. Nothing else does it, I also tried calibration and was just mashing a button for five minutes and there was no problem, Zelda is fine, it's just Splatoon that it's weird with. And it's just the pro controller, swapping to the sticks had no issues.

I just shut down and restarted the whole system. It might have fixed it? I haven't been playing long enough to tell for sure, but I haven't experienced it again in three games.

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

grand theft grotto posted:

I had real bad lag and inputs getting stuck with my pro controller. I re-synced it with the little button on the controller and it has been fine since. Everything in the system UI was fine, just Splatoon 2 and the quick home overlay with Splatoon 2 running was awful until I re-synced.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Alright which one of you guys did this

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

yergacheffe posted:

Alright which one of you guys did this

:lol:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

I think the idea behind limited availability is to tune how powerful the rewards are, as well as ensure that there are enough players queuing to fill groups as there are quite a few separate queues already (League, Ranked, Turf, Salmon). Maybe if they see it is popular and that the playerbase is big enough to support all the different queues well they will tweak the times to be more like this past weekend where they just cycle the weapons and refresh the rewards every few days.

To be honest if the rewards are too powerful to offer the mode all the time then they should be made less powerful... I don't think a fun game mode should be built around the rewards, it should be the other way around.

If it's to funnel players in, it seems dumb to make that move preemptively, in their extremely popular new game when queue times have never been a problem even on the Wii U. Especially when they're cutting off the one new mode that offers a unique experience.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

This is the story behind the most incredible series of murders to ever occur in the city of Seattle, Washington. You never read about them in your local newspapers or heard about them on your local radio or television station. Why? Because the facts were watered down, torn apart, and reassembled...in a word, falsified.

This is the closest I could recreate the outfit of a character from a 1970s TV series that nobody in 2017 knows or cares for.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The worst thing about this game is how bad I am with the Heavy Splatling now. I got to A/A+ with it in 1, but now I'm trash tier with it. RIP.

Is the gun unlocked at 15 the .52 gal? I remember I liked that one a lot too but I haven't quite made it there yet. Not a fan of all the early level spray and pray weapons.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Someone justify being stuck with 2 maps for 2 hours (or 4 in splat 1). I don't see the point and it doesn't really hide the fact there's not many maps in the game and no other shooter limits what maps you can play on iirc.

For clarity's sake I love the 2 hour game mode rotation of tower control, rainmaker etc since I can pick and choose which game modes to play but why can't it just randomly choose from all the maps in the game

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mercury Crusader posted:

This is the story behind the most incredible series of murders to ever occur in the city of Seattle, Washington. You never read about them in your local newspapers or heard about them on your local radio or television station. Why? Because the facts were watered down, torn apart, and reassembled...in a word, falsified.

This is the closest I could recreate the outfit of a character from a 1970s TV series that nobody in 2017 knows or cares for.

Wrong. What kind of shoes would Kolchak wear though?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Mercury Crusader posted:

Thought you were going for a 90's ska scene look

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
http://kotaku.com/how-to-farm-exp-tickets-in-splatoon-2-1797233065 HOW TO FARM INFINITE FOOD TICKETS IN SECONDS

This honestly feels like an oversight on Nintendo's part, a bug, so take advantage of it while we still can

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

what happens if you order something from the shop but it cycles out of rotation before you purchase it? I want that inkfall shirt with the run speed up but I won't be home for another hour

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

I would rather be able to play the game mode I want to play, when I want to play.

I understand, but I liken it to something like Stellaview in which the novelty is its exclusive timing, and that it's something that you'll make time for so not to miss a possibly unique experience in tandem with your friends

A lot of games apply this to their games and it makes them better. Though you can manipulate the clock, the intended experience of Animal Crossing is that events happen on certain days, and at certain times. It would be silly to expect K.K. Slider to be playing unplugged every day when its allure is that it's once weekly. It's actually so attractive that a lot of people will host multiplayer on Saturday night to share the experience with others

It can be argued either way I guess, but I see the value in how no one play session will have the same maps or modes, and I feel it's core to Splatoon that it be that way

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

DalaranJ posted:

Wrong. What kind of shoes would Kolchak wear though?

They rarely show his feet in the show, unless he's like falling over himself trying to get away from some poo poo.

Fun Times! posted:

Thought you were going for a 90's ska scene look

Kolchak was way ahead of the fashion game.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Zelder posted:

what happens if you order something from the shop but it cycles out of rotation before you purchase it? I want that inkfall shirt with the run speed up but I won't be home for another hour

The order will still be with Murch, I think. Pretty sure that same situation happened to me yesterday.