Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Or they just ended up bending it, since it is possible with enough force. Though the console is pretty durable otherwise, so who knows. (Though you'll want a screen protector for it, since the screen is plastic, not glass.)

Mine was bent out of the box (in a real obvious way); I hadn't really touched it or anything. It seemed like there was contact between the rails inside the dock and the Switch screen all the way down so I just put a nice screen protector on it and I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Infinite Minigolf is supposed to be dropping today

https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/889837010365681664

e: It's not showing on NOE's site yet anyway, and that normally updates an hour ago (on Thursdays at least).

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 25, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

irlZaphod posted:

Not Golfstory? Pass.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Run Dodo Run posted:

Fairly sure it's £30 (lol)/$30.
It should be £25/€30 in Europe, and $30 in the US.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Not Golfstory? Pass.
You should have passed on bootleg amiibos

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Never pass on bootleg amiibos

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

bloodysabbath posted:

It was some pages ago, but fun fact: A big contributing reason the Wii U had gently caress all and the Switch gets about 1 major first/second party IP a month so far is that with the Wii U, Nintendo literally had to retrain themselves to have efficient workflow pipelines with games which used HD assets. The rest of the industry had gotten this down in the 360/PS3 era, but because the original Wii was basically a GameCube with waggle tacked on, they literally had no idea how to go about making HD games internally at first.

I've heard this before, and I'm genuinely curious -- does creating HD art assets really take that much more time and effort than creating other art assets? It was my impression that assets have always been drawn at very high resolution, then downscaled to the appropriate resolution for the platform -- is that not the case?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

irlZaphod posted:

e: It's not showing on NOE's site yet anyway, and that normally updates an hour ago (on Thursdays at least).

Is there anything in particular infinite about it, like randomly created courses?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Not a Children posted:

I've heard this before, and I'm genuinely curious -- does creating HD art assets really take that much more time and effort than creating other art assets? It was my impression that assets have always been drawn at very high resolution, then downscaled to the appropriate resolution for the platform -- is that not the case?

I mean maybe? But the tools also improve so I think it's a stupid point.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would assume the bottleneck/pain points would not be in asset creation but in the technical aspects of animation and physics for those assets. It's not just that things look prettier but because they look more realistic we also expect them to behave in more realistic ways

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
and they have to create way more stuff than before too

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is there anything in particular infinite about it, like randomly created courses?

https://youtu.be/aJ7zR-M7ICw

GOT loving Y

Get your poo poo together Nintendo and release GOTY right the gently caress now!

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think it's just user created courses.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Cartoon Man posted:

GOT loving Y

Get your poo poo together Nintendo and release GOTY right the gently caress now!

This has some potential as a great party game! I think I'll give it a go.

Also my copy of Splatoon 2 arrives on Thursday!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Square Enix have released a new trailer for Lost Sphear, and announced its release date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k-PKdfIAzg

It's coming on October 12th in Japan, and January 23rd 2018 in the West. It'll cost 5 800 Yen in Japan, it'll be getting both an eShop and Retail release. In the West, the Retail release will only be available through SE's online store, but you get some pre-order bonuses with it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

GOT loving Y

This looks terrible. A mini golf game where you just get hole in ones every time with power ups and trying to get high scores with gems? Hard pass.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe if I could read Japanese that wouldn't be the least exciting trailer I've ever seen but so far I'm not holding out much hope of it being more interesting than Setsuna.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
it really seems quite boring doesnt it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Was Setsuna bad? I totally forgot about it until I saw it was a Switch release game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Was Setsuna bad? I totally forgot about it until I saw it was a Switch release game.

It's kinda nothing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It was disappointing to me

It's not bad, but it's not really good either.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

It's kinda nothing.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Makes sense and jibes with the reviews of it I'm seeing from release. That's sad, but I'm definitely at a point where I don't want to waste time playing forgettable games.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Fate/Extella is out on the eshop. $60, all DLC included (steam is $45, no DLC). Gonna have to wait to hear how well it runs

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The way it was described to me was "If you liked chrono trigger for the gameplay and didn't care at all about the plot, you'll enjoy IAS". Which was enough to convince me to not buy it ever. Reading TDI's LP of it is on my to do list, just...really low on it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
For the few here who still Minecraft: A patch was released for the Switch edition that now bumps the resolution on TV mode up to 1080p. So now you can Minecraft with higher detail.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

El Burbo posted:

Fate/Extella is out on the eshop. $60, all DLC included (steam is $45, no DLC). Gonna have to wait to hear how well it runs

is that omega force? dqh runs kinda like butt on switch so I hope they figure it out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

still waiting for 1080p home screen.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Waiting for home screen themes

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I've been playing Extella since Friday, it performs well when docked and will tide me over until the FE musou comes out. Buttloads of mooks on screen without slowdowns.

The game is not very demanding though, it wouldn't look out of place on PS3/360/WiiU.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Not a Children posted:

Arcade Bunny, where are you?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Arcade Bunny got fired for embezzlement.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not a Children posted:

hopefully not in blurry 720p on my 4k screen

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Look forward to 320p themes upscaled to 720p in 1080p on your 4K, ported from 3DS.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Healbot posted:

Look forward to 320p themes upscaled to 720p in 1080p on your 4K, ported from 3DS.

3ds bottom screen :getin:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I too care about the resolution of menus I spend very little time actually looking at.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm hoping it procedurally generates angry golfer scenes like the snk golf game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LethalGeek posted:

I too care about the resolution of menus I spend very little time actually looking at.

i wear glasses to correct the astigmatism effect in real life that the switch menu has. i also look at it alot because i try to imagine it with smw and stardew

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why else would you look at the switch screen except to imagine playing Mario games on it?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Nintendo Switch is THE premiere golf platform of 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hey buds. My Switch won't charge or dock to display out to my TV anymore. How do I fix? :(

• Locked thread