Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Spellman posted:

I understand, but I liken it to something like Stellaview in which the novelty is its exclusive timing, and that it's something that you'll make time for so not to miss a possibly unique experience in tandem with your friends

A lot of games apply this to their games and it makes them better. Though you can manipulate the clock, the intended experience of Animal Crossing is that events happen on certain days, and at certain times. It would be silly to expect K.K. Slider to be playing unplugged every day when its allure is that it's once weekly. It's actually so attractive that a lot of people will host multiplayer on Saturday night to share the experience with others

It can be argued either way I guess, but I see the value in how no one play session will have the same maps or modes, and I feel it's core to Splatoon that it be that way

Splatfests are a good example of this, or if there were a Salmon equivalent it would work. Time locking the entire pve cooperative mode is too extreme. It's like a raiding in a drat MMO. I quit that poo poo because I don't want to schedule my time around a game.

Animal Crossing is a bad comparison because the real world clock is the entire point of the game. You buy the game wanting that experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I do think it's hilarious in a metanarrative sense that people are begging for longer shifts at a lovely job in a capitalist dystopia

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Zaphod42 posted:

http://kotaku.com/how-to-farm-exp-tickets-in-splatoon-2-1797233065 HOW TO FARM INFINITE FOOD TICKETS IN SECONDS

This honestly feels like an oversight on Nintendo's part, a bug, so take advantage of it while we still can

This has been posted here like four times in three days, but it doesn't count until Kotaku writes it up

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Beelzebozo posted:

This has been posted here like four times in three days, but it doesn't count until Kotaku writes it up

It's all over gamefaqs, reddit, and presumably every other site. I want and farmed that poo poo right after somebody mentioned it in this thread Sunday night.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Tried to do some salmon, had multiple wave 2 losses to things that should've been fine.

Tried to do some Tower, had multiple games starting with a DC (two of which we actually almost won by knockout on somehow).

Today is not a good day to splat.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I totally thought they fixed the exploit because I was getting 1 power egg but when I go back to inkopolis I'll have extra tickets

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I understand the Switch app is not all that great, it may have sync issues, but it says that I only cleared up to Sector 2 of singleplayer when I have actually beaten all levels and collected all scrolls and sardinium. This is opposed to my multiplayer stats which appear to be properly synced.
It's a rather insignificant thing, but is anyone else having this issue?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

It's all over gamefaqs, reddit, and presumably every other site. I want and farmed that poo poo right after somebody mentioned it in this thread Sunday night.

Who cares about XP tickets, you'll hit cap and look at them in your menu forever. Give me coin/drink tickets!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Beelzebozo posted:

Shoulda figured. This thread's been moving lightspeed so I fell behind of late.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

Who cares about XP tickets, you'll hit cap and look at them in your menu forever. Give me coin/drink tickets!

There's a farmable coin ticket right next to level 27 :ssh:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Nephzinho posted:

There's the exact same exploit for coin tickets near the stage 27 entrance

efb

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

jetpackhewy posted:

I understand the Switch app is not all that great, it may have sync issues, but it says that I only cleared up to Sector 2 of singleplayer when I have actually beaten all levels and collected all scrolls and sardinium. This is opposed to my multiplayer stats which appear to be properly synced.

It took a while to realize I had beaten Octo Valley but it eventually updated. Multiplayer matches still
pop up about as quickly as they end, I can start browsing stats even before Judd and Lil' Judd finish their animations.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Do you need both joy cons for this or is it one joy con per player?

I have a feeling you need both, which sucks because I was thinking/hoping it was 1 per so my fam of 4 could all play without buying 4 loving sets of controllers :smith:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
only 1 person per switch unfortunately, you'll have to get your family members extra Switches

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is there anything of significant merit to beating the single player campaign with every weapon or am I just putting my effort into crusty sean tickets?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Lakbay posted:

only 1 person per switch unfortunately, you'll have to get your family members extra Switches

Seriously? Wow....................................that suuuuuuuuuuucks

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

It took a while to realize I had beaten Octo Valley but it eventually updated. Multiplayer matches still
pop up about as quickly as they end, I can start browsing stats even before Judd and Lil' Judd finish their animations.

That's good to see. It may be small, but it still would have bugged me to no end. Thanks.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I can understand being disappointed if you were expecting Splatoon to be a 4P splitscreen couch multiplayer kind of game, but I'm trying to imagine playing it like that and I think it would turn out bad.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Supercar Gautier posted:

I can understand being disappointed if you were expecting Splatoon to be a 4P splitscreen couch multiplayer kind of game, but I'm trying to imagine playing it like that and I think it would turn out bad.

I ordered another set of joycons just assuming (not sure why) it would be a 4P splitscreen type of game. Oh well, we will need the extra set for other games but my kiddos are gonna be bummed. No way they are getting their own switches!

I haven't played it yet tbf, so I have no idea how the game feels. Sounds like it would be a difficult one to play splitscreen by your post so oh well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

weird Asian candy posted:

I ordered another set of joycons just assuming (not sure why) it would be a 4P splitscreen type of game. Oh well, we will need the extra set for other games but my kiddos are gonna be bummed. No way they are getting their own switches!

I haven't played it yet tbf, so I have no idea how the game feels. Sounds like it would be a difficult one to play splitscreen by your post so oh well.

problem is you can't really play splatoon with one joycon, you need two. So at best it would be a 2p splitscreen game where you'd have to buy another pro controller or joycons, but then they'd have to put a lot of work into reworking the graphics for splitscreen and yeah...

Splatoon is super amazing fun times though and the rounds go very fast, so its not so bad playing it as a family and just trading off every match.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

Ink Jet lets you zone enemies off the objective really well for the duration. Splashdown sometimes I just use to win a 1v1 when someone gets the drop on me, sometimes gently caress up the super jump tower clearing team kill jump dream.

gently caress, I meant Sting Ray. That's the bad one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn't know about the ticket farming whatsit until Zaphod posted it just then so thanks dude!!!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

weird Asian candy posted:

Seriously? Wow....................................that suuuuuuuuuuucks

Well, one at a time, just to be clear. You can create as many separate profiles as you like, but to play together you'll need more than one system.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

jetpackhewy posted:

It syncs up multiplayer because you're always online, but I have no idea how often it checks single player. Definitely at least one world behind my actual location.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Starting Salmon Run, hop on Discord.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

What the gently caress Pearl

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

problem is you can't really play splatoon with one joycon, you need two. So at best it would be a 2p splitscreen game where you'd have to buy another pro controller or joycons, but then they'd have to put a lot of work into reworking the graphics for splitscreen and yeah...

Splatoon is super amazing fun times though and the rounds go very fast, so its not so bad playing it as a family and just trading off every match.

Well that's good to hear. Hopefully that will eliminate some of the angst of only 1 person playing at a time.

The Bloop posted:

Well, one at a time, just to be clear. You can create as many separate profiles as you like, but to play together you'll need more than one system.

Yeah, I got you. Thanks for clarifying :)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Starting Salmon Run, hop on Discord.

Actually, there doesn't seem to be that many people available, so just jump in even if you aren't on Discord. Pass is 2222.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

TFRazorsaw posted:

Look at this bitch

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ep2tJk8f0
goddamn 17 kills

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

Uh, Marina shits on her constantly, she gets one good burn in and now SHE'S the bad squid?! :colbert:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

cathead posted:

Uh, Marina shits on her constantly, she gets one good burn in and now SHE'S the bad squid?! :colbert:

I like Pearl, but Pearl brings it on herself a lot.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Since they don't have any role in the plot I guess this is how Pearl and Marina will be given strong memorable personalities. By constantly making GBS threads on each other

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I've always liked the Rapid Blasters from the original, so it's a pleasant surprise how good this version is. It's no Aerospray in ink coverage, but the bomb rush special pretty much levels things out. The Ink Mines are great at countering sneaky squids who want to flank the sides. They might not do much damage, but just enough for me or my team to finish the job. Booyah!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Since they don't have any role in the plot I guess this is how Pearl and Marina will be given strong memorable personalities. By constantly making GBS threads on each other

I'm kinda hoping they get involved in the single player campaign in the next game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Remove all weapons with the word "Gal" in the name from the game, tia Nintendo

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Takoluka posted:

Why? The .52 GAL kicks all sorts of rear end and is really well balanced. If you get the jump on me i'm dead.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

But I thought you liked Gal*Gun.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

JackDarko posted:

Why? The .52 GAL kicks all sorts of rear end and is really well balanced. If you get the jump on me i'm dead.

If that gun is on the map, I will 100% die to it, regardless of how I'm playing and I do not understand why. It was the same way in Splatoon 1. It is my bane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm kinda hoping they get involved in the single player campaign in the next game.

I want to buy their amiibo ASAP