Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

fizzymercy posted:

Because Clarissa is the ideal of child sexual abuse. That comic doesn't even remotely cover what it is actually like to be sexually abused. Frankly it is so on the nose it's painful, but not in a good way. Clarissa has an understanding that something is wrong and wants things to stop. That's an agency most abuse victims dream of. It's not realistic beyond it's moral statements. Clarissa is the superhero most abused kids wish they could have been. The realism doesn't shine until people ignore her or say she's being dramatic. It's a simplified version of what actual abuse looks like, and it makes the horror slightly relatable. It is a comic book version of a reality. Clarissa is cleansing if you're an abuse victim because she exemplifies how you want to react to your abuse. It isn't reality. It's a comic book, divorced of reality. Victims of childhood sexual abuse want to be brave and it never works out like you'd think. Clarissa makes this obvious, she's the superhero all abuse victims want.

Abuse isn't as cut and dry as the comic would make you believe. It's almost a farce in that regard. It's correct and all wrong at once.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm vegan.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Wouldn't have pegged Swede as the gooniest nationality.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Randaconda posted:

somebody please do the needful

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
A great cause to support.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

No, you really don't need to do this just cause someone told you to. This is sub-Loss-edit funny.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Oh cool the new starter set came out?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
IFM you're doing a good thing trying to move past that abortion of a derail. I wouldn't normally post a really bad macro in the funny pictures thread but a change of topic is much needed so time to roll the dice.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Slime posted:

Here's the thing: Lots of businesses are barely making it and don't sell meth on the side for lawyer money.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A lot of victims of civil forfeiture abuse can't afford lawyers and it's why it gets abused heavily. It is not something worth defending.

Especially with good old Jeff Sessions wanting to expand it.

I'm not suggesting my owner's situation is typical. This was one case in Oregon, unremarkable except that it happened near me.

The DEA took and kept all his meth money. The family was able to get the feds to pay the attorney's fees when they won, which the lawyer knew would happen because the DEA abused their asset forfeiture powers. An Oregon jury sided with their fellow Oregonian rather than Federal overreach. I know not everyone has the resources to stop asset forfeiture, but for the people who have something worth taking, they also have something worth defending (for the lawyer and the property owner) in a court of law.

Every American adult should know when to contact a lawyer. By design, the lawyer slapfight is how conflicts are resolved in this country. No need to be fatalistic until you've tried your legal options.

Also, Jeff Sessions can't lead the Justice Department out a paper bag.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Be from Oregon, have money, be white. I mean, in that case I can't even see why it would ever be a problem.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Your poo poo image host won't display these. I even tried to go directly to the link but got redirected to http://wallgif.com/gif/10624?referer

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Hey, every American has the right to live in Oregon. Or New Mexico, where they made state civil asset forfeiture illegal.

He wasn't white though. And his monies were taken in a DEA raid.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Malachi Constant posted:

No, you really don't need to do this just cause someone told you to. This is sub-Loss-edit funny.

Says you. You going for neutral evil on the next version?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

So that's what it looks like when the soul leaves the body.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Germansimp posted:

So that's what it looks like when the soul leaves the body.

No that's this

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Rumda posted:

No that's this

If the afterlife looks like these forums I am never dying.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The afterlife, as per Dante's N-Ferno blog, is composed of many levels.

First Circle (Yahoo Answers) - A land of the lost and confused, doing nothing inherently wrong, but condemned to hell because of ignorance.
Second Circle (Toontown Online) - Where children go to be haunted by idiots.
Third Circle (Facebook) - Those cursed of vanity and narcissism.
Fourth Circle (Myspace) - Those out of step with time. Also ethnics.
Fifth Circle (Something Awful) - The formerly powerful, mostly forgotten to wander the mists.
Entrance to Dis Nuts
Sixth Circle (TV Tropes) - Seriously, just skip this level. I mean, seriously.
Seventh Circle (Reddit) - The balance point of hell, a combination of the the best, and the absolute wretched worst. Plus you could probably find people who give blow jobs to trees here. They'll take anyone.
Eighth Circle (4-Chan) - The rotting crust that fell from the higher levels. Scum and villainy, and memes.
Ninth Circle (8-Chan) - Even the devil is scared of this level. Makes other levels of hell look like Club Med.
Centre of Hell - The great beast sits on his frozen throne, lording over the underworld, forever ejaculating Simpsons memes up to the world of man.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The afterlife, as per Dante's N-Ferno blog, is composed of many levels....
:words:
Centre of Hell - The great beast sits on his frozen throne, lording over the underworld, forever ejaculating Simpsons memes up to the world of man.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

Do that, set up Sandwich making workshops in Italy and ship the "Long Pork" sandwiches back to Spain.

Source your meat from Slovenia, hire people from Portugal to do the farming.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Wouldn't have pegged Swede as the gooniest nationality.

It's semantics but it's probably translated wrong and supposed to be "how do I make A friend". Still, as a Swede, :smith:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

A great cause to support.

The sign makes a fair point. I think that's worth a dollar.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

So Mercedes will be releasing a new model shortly, the X350d.

If you turn it upside down, it's "butt sex" in german. :golfclap:

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

null_pointer posted:

ultra spergy.

Let's just say it: the Clarissa comic was a godamned Jew

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

hooah posted:

Your poo poo image host won't display these. I even tried to go directly to the link but got redirected to http://wallgif.com/gif/10624?referer

Yeah that domain made the blacklist pretty quick.

Please don't post anymore spam links IFM.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Memento posted:

Yeah that domain made the blacklist pretty quick.

Please don't post anymore spam links IFM.

Is Wallgif bad?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

No, please keep using it

Omegaxisalphabeta
Jul 22, 2006

This hits uncomfortably close to home.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Half of those are just symptoms of depression

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Gum posted:

Half of those are just symptoms of depression

The same could be said about the symptoms of bipolar disorder.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

When I tried to open those links on my phone it attempted to hijack my browser. Also it doesn't allow in-line linking, leaving your post with broken links.

Seems pretty bad to me.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Much like his posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Rumda posted:

Much like his posting