Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Flashy +1 | Forceful +0 | Sneaky +3 | Careful +2
Fate points: 4/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] []

"Ooh," Yumiko piped up when she received the message. "Rumiko-chan is asking us to check out the in-game store after school! Let's see what kind of things they sell, right?"

quote:

Yes!! Itl b like shopping togethr!! C u this afternoon Xx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda
Forceful +3 | Flashy +2 | Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Sneaky +1 | Careful 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[] 2[] 3[]
Aspects: None

"Sure. Hopefully it'll have some new costume items or something. The whole goth chick thing isn't working for me."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
School's Out

Lunch passes by without incident. Your cooking class with Yukimura-san manages to go by without a single fire, with the first lesson being learning levels of doneness by observing the toasting process of bread on a grill. This is followed by a short quiz on the difference between something being grilled and something being griddled, and then the creation of a proper grilled cheese sandwich. A simple course, and unfortunately the other students requiring the teacher's aid (how they manage to need it for watching something cook is beyond you) eat up most of his time, and further questioning will have to wait until the day after tomorrow.

[Morning -> After School]

The Black Market marker you chose takes you several blocks diagonally away from the school, but still within walking distance (although the less-athletic among you might have wished you brought a bicycle). Not far from a set of storage units, the place is tucked away into an alley, out of sight from the usual types. You arrive roughly two minutes off of your arranged meeting time, but looking into the alley, you see it: a short bus with the paint peeled off, light armor plating attached made from various bits of scrap metal (which narrows all the windows and the windshield into viewing slats), and a few spraypainted icons of various currency. The American dollar sign, the Japanese yen, Chinese won, and some kind of h-like symbol followed by "welcome", likely indicating the forms of payment they'd prefer. With no one in the driver's seat, there's little to do but knock on the back of the van, which opens the doors.

The Black Market

Inside of the van, you see several metallic lattices caging in items like a pawn shop. On the left, clothing, ranging from leathers to sports equipment and police vests, with other accessories such as helmets and even cosmetics inside a glass counter, adding a further level of distance from you and the items around the shop. On the right, several things that can be considered weapons, including baseball bats, swords, and what look to be actual firearms, confirmed by the presence of knives, handguns and other small weapons inside the counter. And to the center, you see the glass is replaced by steel, the racks containing mannequins wearing various sets of gear, such as one equipped with a full set of samurai armor with a sword and spear at its side and hands respectively. There's also someone manning the counter, very cautiously eyeing you.

They look American, albeit bits of them seem to be metallic in nature, including the fingers rolling along their countertop. You can just barely make out a wooden stock to something being firmly gripped in their other hand, albeit being held under the counter. After a few more seconds and noticing you've locked eyes with them, they speak up, in Japanese.

"Ain't seen you kids before. Well, let's hear it: Law, or Chaos?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress -

She didn't know what she expected. Probably someone with a cell phone or a laptop, who might put things on this weird app that would let them have these things in the Mirrorworld? Going into the alley was not something she liked to do. But well, if something bad happened, people were still within relatively easy distance, right?

And then the van opened, and there was the double shock of seeing several, no fooling GUNS laying out there, with a scary, half metal looking foreigner asking them a weird question. "What? I don't really know what that means, sir.. We're tryin' to find out what's goin' on with with this other world, and the people that are bein' snatched. And we were wonderin' if you could tell us somethin'. Or if not, we could see about gettin' something to be better prepared."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Seka doesn't notice the cashier at first. She's busy taking in the guns, the swords, the suit of Samurai armor. All the damage she could do... The people she could get back at, the badass heroism she could pull off. She sees herself in a long, flowing kimono, katana flashing in the moonlight...

When she hears the question, she doesn't hesitate. "Chaos. We hate the cops." She points at the guns. "Those real?"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

Well... this is a surprise. Shin was never much of a weapon otaku; to many bratty little siblings who might get a hold of something they shouldn't, or to test the effectiveness of something against. Still, he could appreciate the owners dedication to the sheer range of options being offered here. Rumiko asks a pretty smart question to the whoa man made out of metal, how did that get missed? Shin is so shocked he's knocked out of his stoicism by Seka's quick retort with one of his own.

"You haven't seen chaos until you've seen bed time with five little monsters that need putting down. Got to have the rule of Law there good and proper, or else you'll never get them to bed." He finishes, becoming a bit self-conscious toward the end. He hasn't spoken much about his family life with anyone and it feels a bit awkward to start now. "I can agree with you on the Cops, though!"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Approaches:

"Hey, should we really go and pick sides in this thing when we don't even know anythin' about any of the sides? For all we know one of them is evil or somethin'."

She wasn't even going to start on the sudden hostility on the police.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

"Yo hates the cops," Yumiko said with a mischievous smile. "They always tell him to stop trespassing. Isn't that right, Yo?"

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:
Flashy +3 | Clever +2 | Sneaky +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Forceful +0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -

"Hate is a strong word Princess, I just try to avoid the Cops." He said, brushing off dust from his coat. No questions asked always raises many questions from Yo, he wasn't about to think about how this man got many of these seemingly weapons grade military equipment into a country with such stringent weapons laws.

Yo's natural inquisitiveness was dampened in the face of guns. He turns to address Rumiko instead.

"Law and Chaos aren't really good or evil Tsubasa-San. Still though I feel like I am more of a True Neutral boy personally."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 27, 2017

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

"Pffft, more like, True Dork!" Yumiko put up her hand in eager anticipation of a high-five.

Regardless of whether she was left hanging, she asked the merchant: "Hey, run me through your selection, as a newbie. You got any guns that are elegant and fashionable? I'm not feeling the huge blocky aesthetic."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Seka does not leave her pal hanging. Hi-fives!

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
The Black Market

The shopkeep cackles at the responses he receives before resuming his original expression. You see his other hand go up, having put down whatever gun he'd been holding on to previously. "It's just a good policy to know what leanings my clients have. You're all complete newbies to this though, I can tell from what ya told me. No one gave you the short version of what's up? Lemme put it real simple-like. Law and Chaos have been fighting each other for pretty much as long as humanity's existed, seeing as humans were the first creature to come up with the idea of a moral compass on the planet. Every so often some deity, created by a collective unconscious or whatever the gently caress, decides it has a way of 'fixing' the problems humanity has and sets something in motion. And that's where folks like you all come in. Folks with enough of a will to go 'gently caress that' and try to make your own decision about who's right and wrong in this."

Picking up what you can now see was a shotgun from below the counter, he manually empties the thing, one shell at a time, before putting a cloth under it and sliding it down the countertop towards Seka, allowing the delinquent to answer her own question herself. "And that's where folks like me come in. You can think of me as a spirit of freedom. Or a war profiteer, if you'd like to be blunt about it, lawman," he says, looking directly at Shin. "Where there's conflict, there's a need for means to fight that conflict. And just like the collective unconscious creates the monsters you fight, so too does it make folks who'd take advantage of the system to make some profit. You all probably need weapons and armor like these to fight the Shadows and other creatures on the other side of the world, but I need payment for them as a show of your conviction. I take yen, won, dollars, macca...oh right, you kids probably don't know what macca is. It's demon currency. It probably looked like yen at first if you scooped it up from a dead demon or something, but it's not going to get you anything in the real world unless you get it converted to real world money. Which I can also do."

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

Lawman?” Shin snorts. “Never been called that before…”. Shin kneels down in front of a cabinet, holding some very impressive looking rifles. With very impressive looking price tags. “So, er, Dude. You’re a sales guy. And you were thought up by the unconsciousness of mankind, precisely to be a sales guy. And you know you were thought up by the unconsciousness of mankind precisely to be a sales guy. Doesn’t that get a little… freaky? Existential? Rumiko could ask it better.” He finishes languidly.

So distracted by his vague philosophical notions, he almost completely forgets about how expensive everything is for a few seconds. “You do any weekend sales, frequent customer discounts… maybe a deal if we buy in bulk?” He reluctantly pulls out the fake-yen, macca, out of his pocket. The sum total of the Oni the group managed to take down yesterday. “We’ve got about this much from what I picked up yesterday, for all of us to split, I guess. Y- er, Salesguy, how much is this worth?” He shows the small pile of coinage around to the group and the War-profiteer. Maybe it would buy a few snacks to split between them?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Well... darn all that." Rumiko looked actually angry at that, even if she managed to avoid cursing. She couldn't avoid her accent playing up though. "I don't care a whit 'bout law and chaos and big , fancy things. All I know is, people are bein' dragged in that dangerous world, and that ain't right. I dunno who or what is settin' that in motion, but one way or the other we're puttin' a stop to this. An' I'm gonna find whoever is turnin' people's lives in some stupid game an' scares the heck outta me and put me in that disgusting, ugly world an' I'm gonna give 'em a serious piece o' my mind. I dunno what this collective unconsciousness is, but I'm fixin' to just make em regularly unconscious when I'm done with 'em."

She then caught herself. "Ah... I'm sorry. Just been a bit of a... crazy few days." She started gathering what little Yen she had. "Eh, I didn't really gather any money back then. I was tryin' to do somethin' to stop the horses. What do you got?"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

Yumiko approached the desk Shin and Rumiko were standing at, and confidently slammed her credit card on the table. "Take it. anything you need." She winked at Rumiko. "It's on me, as long as whatever you buy looks good on you!"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
The Black Market

"Big Louis works in mysterious ways, and I try not to question them," responds the merchant to Shin's question. The shopkeeper then laughs audibly at the display of currency, then gets a confused look on their face as Rumiko's words sink in. "So you lot actually killed something without weapons? Well color me impressed. Anyway, lemme see how much this card'll let me take from it before it kicks me out..." Taking the card and running it through a card reader, the register lists a value of ¥200,000. Adding in the Macca that Shin picked up, the total jumps to a total of ¥207,530. "So, here's the bad news first. I saw my fellow rebel eyeing that armor. That piece is beyond your ability to buy. The good news is, you can probably all get something to wear and something to wield. If you feel the need to try before you buy..."

He hits a button underneath the counter, which shuts the doors to the van, then moves several switches to close the shutters on every window, and finally flips a lever. There's a bit of distortion and the familiar tingle from when you used the app. A section of the van wall gives way to a small shooting range with paper targets, along with two wooden dummies. "I'm the same no matter which side you're on. The van on the other side's bigger on the inside, so I switched us over to that version. Speaking of which, there's another place like that, the Blue Room or something. It's, uh...really blue. Hard to miss if you know it's a thing. But enough of that, back to capitalism!" He travels over to each panel and lattice and opens them by hand. All of the things, sans the premium items in the back, are now within reach, and you've got the means to try them all out.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun

Seka takes a little time with the gun. She makes sure she knows where the safety is. She takes a lot of care in loading it. She tests it on some of the targets. She might caress it a bit.

"I love it. I'll take it." She turns and points at a jet black kimono with neon red highlights, labelled "steelsilk". "How much is that? I want that too."

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

Sharp blades; Out. Guns; Out. Grenades; Right out. Jeez, why were so many deadly weapons not child safe? If Shin took any of these home, all it would take is one of the brats sniffing in his bag to start a bloody massacre. And it wasn’t like he has any place to hide these things either. Skimming along the various price tags also made him wince. Yumiko might have been willing to pay this time time around, but that didn’t stop Shin’s keen money saving sense wrecking havoc on his conscience. Already he was thinking about how many shifts he was going to have to work to pay it back.

Suddenly, he found them. He picked up one of the nastier examples and swung it a bit. Good heft. The wicked looking spikes would definitely ruin someone's day. Experimentally he grabbed the ball; if he held it just right, he could swing the ball like a club with one of the spikes driving head on, without risking his own hand or fingers. Experimentally, he wrapped the end of the chain around one of his hands and dropped the ball, letting it extend. A good few feet of clearance. He was almost willing to try giving it a swing, but with Yo so close by, it probably wouldn’t be appreciated.

“This is the one I want.” He said at last, presenting the simple weapon to the others. On one end, a wicked looking ball of spikes. The rest was just chain. A good 4 or 5 feet of it. As for armor, he went for something simple; a set of paired leather and metal striped hand, wrist and arm guards, that joined up through a set of leather straps that connected across his chest, shoulders and back. A bit unwieldy to put on, but he appreciated the effect. Cheap and effective.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

Yumiko was not well-versed in the world of weapons and armor, but pretended to carefully browse the articles in an attempt to save face. "Hmm, yes. Yes, a fine selection." Then, she picked up whichever gun seemed light enough to wield for her. It wasn't very expensive, so she gave it a few tactical flourishes and a charm.

"This. I want to own this one."

With regards to armor, she bought a pair of rollerskates (matching cyan with her black-and-blue outfit) and a light vest. The idea was, she assumed, that she could avoid being hit by skating around quickly... And doing drive-by shootings with her weird pistol thing? In any case, all of these items gave a bonus to her Dex stat according to the inventory screen, and it seemed like a good idea to stack that.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Seka, having seen the price tag on the kimono and realizing it is far, far out of her league, opts for what appears to be a leather jacket with some metal plates attached to it in a weird punk-rock vibe. She'd get to her awesome shotgun samurai outfit eventually.

She turned around gave a big thumbs up to her companions. "Niiice. Lookin' good, Yumi-chan." She looks over at Yo and Rumiko. "Hey, what are you guys picking?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko picks out a good looking bow, as well as a quiver with arrows. "We should maybe not keep this at our homes? Just store them together in a place. We're only going to use them to go in the mirror world, and only when we're together." She added a set of knee and elbow pads, and boots with plating on them to protect those parts. "I admit. I was hopin' these items would just go into the apps like the clothing we picked. We could get in some serious trouble if we're caught with these things."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

Yo looked on at the racks and racks of dangerous military hardware displayed before him, and felt very much out of his depth no matter which was he looked. Although he disagreed with her on a lot of things when it came to danger and adventure, Rumiko was right. Being caught with a gun by his mother would be a really sticky situation to explain, even more so then that thing with old statue he pulled up from the river bank. He couldn't get away with saying he had found it by the trash, nor could he really tell the truth about why he actually had it. He scratched Tomo's head for the comfort it brought him, eliciting a few mewls and a gentle finger nibbling.

"Uhmm I don't think I can hide most of these from my mum mister. Do you have anything smaller? Like maybe hand sized?"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 15, 2017

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
The Black Market

The shopkeep gives Yo a look before simply reaching into the glass counter and retrieving one of the many handguns from within it. "Y'know, if you had a place on either side of the mirror to put your things in, your issues wouldn't be issues, cat boy. For now, though?" He produces a set of brown paper bags of varying sizes. "These are on the house. You folks ready to go? Because I'm ready to open the doors back up and let you run loose with this stuff."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

"Sure I'll take, one? Hmm" Looking at the gun in his hands, he considered his options, one long sustained 'Hmmmm' as he held it by the grip, looking at it from all different handles alongside his paper bag.

"Nooo, no this isn't working for me, I need... Yeeees, yes what I need is-"

"Another gun, like those John Woo movies! Yeah I'm really feeling that!" And so acquiring two wildly illegal guns in a take away doggy bag, Yo breaks even more laws then he realizes.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

"Alright, looks like that's everyone." Seka shoulders her shotgun and brings out her phone.

"I'm gonna go back in. I really wanna find out what's going on with Aizawa-san. You don't have to come with me, but now is as good a time as any for target practice. Who's with me?"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

"Yes," Yumiko says while idly fiddling with the plush dice on her new gun. "Aizawa-sensei was acting really strangely and I'd like to find out what was wrong."

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Sep 8, 2017

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

Shin nods, a wicked smirk on his face. "drat right I'm coming along!"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Tracking Down Teacher

After going through the threshold of the van and into the altered world, the van doors slam shut, with a pair of shutters closing over them, a message reading "all sales final" in white paint. A few moments later, it fades from sight until simply disappearing, likely despawning altogether. Not unlike the surroundings of the school, the world retains it's "brutal honesty" vibe with most of its signs and advertisements, showing things like the actual amount a given business keeps from your purchases. The storage facilities have a paper flyer attached, with an image of two fancy-looking boys around your age in glittery suits. "Tuesdays and Thursdays, for those with no life: watch two anonymous idiots perform live, here every evening from 8 to 10!" In tiny text, it adds a tiny disclaimer in parentheses. "(Offer only valid in other realm. No unsolicited guest performances allowed. This means you, Jack.)"

Moving on from the advertisements and the streets which, for the most part, contain humanoid monsters going about their days and possibly ignoring you due to your new accoutrements, navigating to the residence of Hakari Aizawa is easy considering Yo's encyclopedic knowledge of trivia and publicly available information on her given the fact that you're still going to a public school, even if in this world it looks like a detention center. On the real world side of things, she lives in a quiet residential area. On this side, it's a lower-upper-class community with a brick perimeter. It actually is fairly close to normal, if giving off an air of superiority with the size of the houses and the cars, boats and other amenities plastered out front in each yard. Aizawa's house, by comparison, is a great deal smaller, although more as if it were shrunken rather than built small to begin with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw6IPfYbZ-g

It is also currently in disarray, with broken windows, the front door cracked open, objects obviously thrown out into the lawn, and both the interior and exterior lights all shut off. The occupant of a nearby doghouse is currently barking at the home, whining due to its inability to move beyond the length of the chain attached to its collar. The name above the doghouse reads "B U D D Y", although whether any of you stayed awake in English enough to properly recognize it is yet unknown. The dog seems to pay you no mind, more concerned shouting in Dog at the house. It's also not a normal dog, which may factor into it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

"... That's a big dog."

Seka regards the weird demon dog with a mixture of fear and curiosity. Did all animals transfer over like this, or was it an independent dog? She didn't even know Aizawa-sensei had a dog. The disarray of the house comes next, with the trash on the lawn and the open front door.

"Aizawa-sensei... Why's her house like this? Is this how other people see it?"

A flash of anger.

"I'm gonna check it out."

Seka heads straight for the door, fearlessly (stupidly) ignoring Buddy the dog.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

Sweet pooch.

“Here doggie doggie doggie.” Shin very unwisely get’s on his hands and needs while trying to get the dogs attention with a ‘come hither’ motion. No luck it seems.

“Something’s caught it’s attention.” He says blandly. In answer to Seka he says. “So far only physical stuff has… transferred I guess.And that was from the mirror-world to the real one. What the hell would shrinking a house in the mirror-world do the house in the real world. Or, does this mean real world bleeds into mirror world as well?” To many hard questions for Shin, with difficult answers. Especially when there was a much simpler question and answer barking it’s head off.

He moves slowly around toward the dog house, the oblivious Dog still making it’s obvious displeasure known. “Okay pooch. Settle down.” Shin experimentally pulls the chain, both trying to grab the dogs attention and searching for where it attaches to the house. Or, trying to find a suitable weak point. With an aborted yell of “Y- Er, heads up Seka”. Shin gives the chain a heave and braces himself.

Forcefully Adopting A Dog: 4dF+2 2

Pupper get?

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Tracking Down Teacher, cont'd

Shin releases the creature, who, rather forcefully, frees themselves from the gauntleted grip on his chain with a charge forward. It darts inside, barking all the while, throwing the door open in the process. Inside you can see that the interior of the home is a wreck, with obvious bits of debris from objects either dropped or thrown at specific corners of the home. Behind an overturned couch, in the corner of the kitchen, and seemingly at a wall across from some stairs. Speaking of which, with another crash from upstairs, the dog-like creature barks yet again and continues its trek upwards, albeit hampered slightly by its quadrupedal nature. You can hear a voice, similar to Aizawa's but in a much harsher tone.

"What part of this don't you get? Why are you still holding out?! No one's here, except for that loving dog!"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

Ah poo poo.

“Watch out Seka!” Shin cries out, as Buddy launches past her and up the stairs. Offering her a quick hand, he turns to the others. “That does not sound like Aizawa-sensei. Well it does but... Just, just come on!” as he tries to trail after the angry dog.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Seka is so taken aback by the voice from upstairs that she doesn't notice the dog, or Soichi's shout of alarm, until the creature is rushing right past her.

"That's..."

Soichi is dashing past her, and Seka follows, dreading what she might see.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

"Looks like a sticky wicket we have here, you think we should-" And two of his friends had already gone charging into the spooky house in pursuit of the dog and voice, neat.

"Woah hey hang on don't just run into dangerous locations without me, I want to see what happens!" Said Yo, scampering to keep up, both hands securely locked around his camera to take any action shots. Weapons come later, a record of these events is more important at this time.

He remembered the earlier conversation about the body snatchers, 'The only time the humans know about this place is when the body snatchers get them, and by then it's too late'. And now, a similar to but not quite Aizawa's voice; in Aizawa's house, and nebulous comments about resisting, it didn't take even the twisty corkscrew mind of Yo Kobayashi to put two and two together over what's happening.

Lucky for them that they are in a position to catch these miscreants in the act it seems. The feeling was exhilarating they've grasped the thread (Well mostly Yo grasped the thread, everyone else sort of ran away from monsters) and now it was time to start pulling.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Confrontation

Heading upstairs, towards the dog, you see a far more disheveled living space. The dog creature has stopped to growl and bare its teeth at the one sight that everyone can very easily make out: two different Aizawas. One curled up in a corner, and the other, with glowing gold eyes, a far more assertive stance, sharp style of dress and a distinctly uncharacteristic fury to them. The latter takes notice first of the dog, then of these humans that have followed it.

"God drat it, your mutt came loose an--" It narrows its focus, noting the weapons you all are armed with. "You've got to be kidding me right now. Who the hell are you? You know what? Doesn't matter, I don't care, I've got a job to do. You...robbers or whatever you are stay right there while I put this poor thing out of its misery, you follow?"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Fate points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

Shin see the scene in front of him and twists. He leaps onto Buddy’s back and uses him as a spring board, leaping again and using both feet to kick off the wall opposite from Shadow-Aizawa. He pirouettes through the air, once, twice, three times. No one, not even the Dog or the Demon can look away from the elegance of his flight. World Champions are rickety old men and women compared to his form. The Olympians are just children playing on trampolines when compared to his grace. A single tear rolls down Shadow-Aizawa’s face; the creature has never before witnessed something so perfect, and it knows, it likely never will again. Then it notices the spiked ball and chain in Shins left hand bearing down on her face.

Flashily Create an Advantage; The Most Beautiful Lay Up In History: 4dF+7 7
Activating the Stunt “Holy Dunker” for a +2. Also using a Fate Point for “Heart of the Basketball Team” for another +2.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

"Holy poo poo."

Seka is completely blown away by Shin's amazing dunking prowess. He's a god amongst men, a lord of the court, a real dunkmaster. Then she comes to herself as she remembers "oh, right, evil Aizawa." The girl scrabbles for her smartphone from her pocket.

"Hey! You leave Aizawa-Sensei alone, creep! Persona!" She's not one to ask questions - they can find out after Aizawa-Sensei is safe and this... thing is a smear. Seka smashes the glass of her phone and Icarus erupts into being, spewing a fury of razor-wind and golden feathers.

Forcefully Attack Shadow Aizawa: 4dF+3 2
I will spend a Fate to invoke Eager to Fight for Others for +2. If Soichi's advantage was made with style, I'll take one of the free invokes - if not, I'll spend another fate point for it. Either way, I'll end up on 6.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Confrontation

Shin's stunt is more than effective, given the surprise nature of it and the spectacle of it all. The second Aizawa finds her face being caved in a bit by the impact and driven directly into the ground, quite literally dunked into it before being assailed by a veritable storm of wind magic and cutting feathers. However, rather than the blood or weird goop you were expecting from the creature, you get something far less expected: a strange combination of organic and cybernetic components, as the exposed skin from the lesions shows proper tendons but a metallic bone structure. Most of the fake Aizawa's face shatters, revealing an entirely alien form of skull structure. It crab-walks on all fours backwards at a remarkable rate.

Your stunts have created the aspect True Form Revealed! It can be invoked as per any situational Aspect for the cost of a FATE point, now that Seka has used the free invocation up.

It hisses at the lot of you, and the dog's barking escalates. It speaks in further-warped version of Aizawa's voice. "Rogue humans?! Well ain't the fuckin' cat out of the bag now! Well gently caress off, why don't you? You think you're doing something cool here, playing 'hero' to someone who's better off dead? Get real. This sorry sack of poo poo needs me, and whether she likes it or not, whether you like it or not, the new Hakari Aizawa is here to stay!"

It holds out a hand. Fragments of broken glass, ceramic and wood begin converging, forming a shape the lot of you are familiar with: a baseball bat, covered in jagged edges and with a series of nails driven throughout its entire structure. Wielding it with both hands, the fake Aizawa yells. "LET'S loving GO, HOMEWRECKERS!"

With this taken care of, I believe I'll also have it perform its first action, to start off the round. Yo, Yumiko and Rumiko are next on the list after this post.

As her first action, she charges at the one who broke her facade to begin with: Shin. Once she gets within range, she plants her feet down and uses the momentum for a powerful swing aimed right at the boy's waist, the bat itself encompassing enough area to strike the stomach and the crotch region simultaneously.

Shin, can you beat a 6 on Defense to avoid a bunch of sharp things hitting you in two very tender areas?

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Fate points: 0/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

“Ice cold, baby!” Shin fistbumps himself, his legendary B-Ball skill paying back time and time again. “Daaaaaaamn! You’ve got a face even a mother woul- oh poo poo.” With Seka close behind him, Shin can’t dodge back without banging into her and can’t get to far out to either side in case the mecha-crab goes after her. Only one choice.

With a “Oip!”at just the last second, he puts a hand on just the right place(if any place could be considered the right place when it comes to this thing) of mecha-Aizawa and hurls himself into the air, intending to distract the thing and draw it’s attention back behind her.

Flashily Defend: (+2 from FP on True Form Revealed, +2 from FP on Heart of the Basketball Team: 4dF+7 8

With a perfect backflip, feet barely grazing the ceiling as he passes, Shin lands safely behind the monstrosity, no harm no foul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

There was a fair bit to unpack there. Among which the fact that if they were 'rogue' humans, there were presumably 'non-rogue' humans who hung around here? However, that could come later, for now, they had to protect Aizawa-sensei. The dog seemed eager to do so as well, but the creature, whatever it was, seemed to be eager to kill her. (Why hadn't she done it already? What did the fake sensei mean by 'holding out')

For now, she'd best try to make sure she wouldn't get hurt by the violence going on. She rushed forward, trying to position herself between the creature on one side, and the dog and Aizawa-sensei on the other, grabbing a table and turning it over to form a makeshift barricade.

"I don't rightly know what the heck is goin' on, but I know this. Ain't no way we're letting you hurt Aizawa-sensei!" She shouted.

Quickly Defending Aizawa Sensei: 4dF+2 2

• Locked thread