Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

people who are named "aiden" are basically a flag for "im really bad at video games"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
ive gotten the oops! all grillers wave at least half a dozen times today and have never come close to clearing it even once.

taking a strong stance against grillers

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Glad the weapon today in Salmon is a roller that doesn't kill chums in one hit by rolling over them

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Am I misunderstanding how Ink Armor works? Just popped it in a 1v1 firefight and then died in one hit from an N-Zap.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

grand theft grotto posted:

Am I misunderstanding how Ink Armor works? Just popped it in a 1v1 firefight and then died in one hit from an N-Zap.
It doesn't activate immediately. You have to wait a second or two for it to kick in

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

grand theft grotto posted:

It's not nearly as good as the bubbler was. It's got a powerup delay, so you can't just twitch-trigger it when you get ambushed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, ink armor is definitely something you try to pop a second before engaging someone. If they're already on top of you you're probably too late.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I miss supers being OP

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That explains it. Oops.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I really like the supers in this game, they're more fun to use and less infuriating to go against

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

its me i main the p90, the noted real-rear end machine gun irl

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

yergacheffe posted:

Alright which one of you guys did this

Looks almost like Gimbal lock's squid

TFRazorsaw posted:

Is there anything of significant merit to beating the single player campaign with every weapon or am I just putting my effort into crusty sean tickets?

There is no reward beyond the hero weapon skins and the tickets

jetpackhewy posted:

I understand the Switch app is not all that great, it may have sync issues, but it says that I only cleared up to Sector 2 of singleplayer when I have actually beaten all levels and collected all scrolls and sardinium. This is opposed to my multiplayer stats which appear to be properly synced.
It's a rather insignificant thing, but is anyone else having this issue?

There's a refresh button which syncs instantly for me. Open the extended singleplayer stats, then hit it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
so wait, I can use the hero weapons in multiplayer if I beat the campaign with every weapon? Is that what you're saying?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

so wait, I can use the hero weapons in multiplayer if I beat the campaign with every weapon? Is that what you're saying?
Yeah, but they're just reskins of existing sets so you're not missing out if you don't

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man I am having terrible matchmaking issues atm. Quit out of three lobbies in a row because the countdown ran out.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

TFRazorsaw posted:

You only need to complete the campaign with the weapon you want to use. They're still restricted by level and the umbrella isn't available

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Zelder posted:

I really like the supers in this game, they're more fun to use and less infuriating to go against

I like the supers in this game because I have a jetpack and two guns and i'm basically boba fett, seafood edition.

Going to work on getting chunks for the special points up and special loss on death down and be in the air all the time.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

AfroGunsou posted:

ive gotten the oops! all grillers wave at least half a dozen times today and have never come close to clearing it even once.

taking a strong stance against grillers

I survived it once. When one of the other guys got targeted and he immediately went to the center of the map where you can keep it going in circles instead of just running around randomly I almost cried from happiness.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool

Pants Donkey posted:

Yeah, but they're just reskins of existing sets so you're not missing out if you don't

Look

I am very committed to aesthetic.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This Salmon Run rotation is the loving worst. I have won ONCE.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TFRazorsaw posted:

Look

I am very committed to aesthetic.

Yeah the Hero Shot Replica is literally the vanilla Splattershot loadout but also it looks fresh as hell.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

people who are named "aiden" are basically a flag for "im really bad at video games"

Also literal children with parents that suck at naming, so probably stupid too

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 26, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Also literal children

maybe these children should work on getting better at games

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

no excuses no mercy

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

maybe these children should work on getting better at games

When I was 8 i couldn't beat the first dungeon in OoT or get the deku mask off in MM.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I will splat a baby ten times out of ten

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?
House: Fewer bitchin' choices.
83 pages in, so sorry. How are goons playing with each other? If at all?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Speaking of aesthetic I hope they do a Japanese-rear end oil-paper Brella at some point

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

mutantmanifesto posted:

83 pages in, so sorry. How are goons playing with each other? If at all?

Discord is pretty lively

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i feel it cannot be overstated how god drat long it takes to level up in this game

even winning the majority of my games, using crusty sean tickets, and getting freshness bonuses, it took me HOURS to go from level 15 to 16

i just... want... a squelcher........... nintendo please, my family is dying

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

i am loving dying at how god drat long it takes to level up in this game

even winning the majority of my games, using crusty sean tickets, and getting freshness bonuses, it took me HOURS to go from level 15 to 16

The game no longer using your personal ink score as xp is super bad

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
Wasn't really enjoying the game because of tilt controls, and then I did some single player and a bunch of Salmon Run and suddenly I have the skills to pay the bills. Went from losing twice as much as I won in Turf Wars to winning a whole lot and carrying my team by wide margins. It's really impressive how Salmon Run teaches you the core principles of doing well in this game a lot better than anything else. Switching to the Tentatek Splatters also really helped. Such nice guns.

now i am just frustrated my fashion is bad i don't need good gear i just wanna look s t y l i s h.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Kaubocks posted:

i feel it cannot be overstated how god drat long it takes to level up in this game

Once you're 10+ you should be doing ranked modes since those give you way more XP than Turf War. I went from 14-18 in a couple hours last night.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dr Cheeto posted:

Speaking of aesthetic I hope they do a Japanese-rear end oil-paper Brella at some point

They can't just give Marie a Japanese umbrella and not give us one as well.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

these toddlers do not know the struggle of a Pro Gamer such as myself

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Mystery Machine posted:

Wasn't really enjoying the game because of tilt controls, and then I did some single player and a bunch of Salmon Run and suddenly I have the skills to pay the bills. Went from losing twice as much as I won in Turf Wars to winning a whole lot and carrying my team by wide margins. It's really impressive how Salmon Run teaches you the core principles of doing well in this game a lot better than anything else. Switching to the Tentatek Splatters also really helped. Such nice guns.

now i am just frustrated my fashion is bad i don't need good gear i just wanna look s t y l i s h.
Salmon Run rules simply because it forces you to use and understand how different weapons work. 99% of the time in games like this people just get good enough with something they consider easy (Aerospray???) and then just main that 24/7 because they're either too lazy or too stupid to try out other stuff.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

"so should we evenly distribute the weapon unlocks?"

"nah let's front load them with few splattershot variants, a couple blasters, some brushes, some dualies, and like eleven chargers"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Play ranked

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Kaubocks posted:

I fired up the game for a few minutes for morning tea friday (australia) and there was a level twenty character in the hub. How much time did the press have to play before release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Zelder posted:

Play ranked

it's a dumb thing but sometimes i have ranked anxiety and just can't really bring myself to play it, it comes and goes, i played a bunch of tower control yesterday and had a good time but just don't really have the heart for it right now

that said is ranked really that much faster? don't you basically get no exp for a loss, especially if you got KO'd? i wouldn't expect to get KO'd every game nor KO every game but assuming like at least a 50% winrate i'm not sure what ranked averages out to exp wise