Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hollywood Masterclass doesn't really work for me. Ben Rodgers doesn't really seem like the right sort of fit to me; all his responses are just "I'm not sure about that..." and it doesn't give Sean enough to bounce off of. Someone like Eugene Cordero playing an unconfident or low status version of himself feels like a better fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Finished both eps of Off Book. Even if it doesn't have another good episode those are real pro listens.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Hollywood Masterclass doesn't really work for me. Ben Rodgers doesn't really seem like the right sort of fit to me; all his responses are just "I'm not sure about that..." and it doesn't give Sean enough to bounce off of. Someone like Eugene Cordero playing an unconfident or low status version of himself feels like a better fit.

hes a really serious straight man. probably the best eps was when sean made him line read

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

feedmyleg posted:

It would have worked better if it built to something a little more fleshed out than what we got in ep six, with Rodgers getting noticeably more frustrated each ep until they actually came to some sort of explosion.

Going off rails at the end was the right choice but it didn't really pay off like it shoulda.

Still enjoyed the series tho, if only because dunking on hall pass for four hours is a worthwhile concept

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jess & Zach having a musical podcast is so drat overdue
https://youtu.be/wcUPlgz5g9w
https://youtu.be/StPJVYcQC-E
https://youtu.be/fBRqfdMDbvw

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Finished both eps of Off Book. Even if it doesn't have another good episode those are real pro listens.

Off Book sold itself so well with those first two.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Can they start filming episodes again? Please?
https://twitter.com/earwolf/status/890332584932069376

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't think I would be into it but I've went back to some of the songs like 30 times since yesterday. I don't know anything about playing the keyboard/piano but whoever they have doing that is ridiculous and the whole thing seems like literal magic to me

I wish smooth citizen radio was real

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I hope things like Smooth Citizen become recurring. They should also clean up and rerecord the best songs after a bunch of episodes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't think I would be into it but I've went back to some of the songs like 30 times since yesterday. I don't know anything about playing the keyboard/piano but whoever they have doing that is ridiculous and the whole thing seems like literal magic to me

I wish smooth citizen radio was real

Yeah, I've re-listened a few times already. Super catchy and fun.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Last Mopes episode is up on I4H. Gabrus describing himself as "a golden retriever but retarded" actually made me cry laughing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Can they start filming episodes again? Please?

Well, this went up today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pBysCvf4AM

Also didn't know PowerWheels had a show that's all improv raps??!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Last Mopes episode is up on I4H. Gabrus describing himself as "a golden retriever but retarded" actually made me cry laughing.

Not wrong.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Lmao I just heard Betsy Sodaro in an ad for Esurance while listening to Spotify. She had one line in a fifteen second ad that was "Woah, what?"

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

GobiasIndustries posted:

he said a friend's mom once called him an "outside dog"

that and "slimer when he was alive" are probably my favorite gabrus (self)descriptions

cams
Mar 28, 2003

who was the guest on the hollywood handbook episode where the guyz learned about feminism, i can't find it

not the one where trump wanted the girls to take a bath

cams fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 29, 2017

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I think Erin Gibson's episode was them asking her feminism questions?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh great, Scripps was bought out. Only good news for Earwolf I'm sure!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

Oh great, Scripps was bought out. Only good news for Earwolf I'm sure!

Scripps Networks Interactive, not E. W. Scripps proper. Scripps Networks is primarily a cable television company that was spun-off back in the 90's. Earwolf won't be affected any worse than it already has been.

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
I know this comes up like every other page but I'm listening through Reality Show Show for the first time and god drat it's good. The episode with Sean's Lourve story and the unfortunately named digging shows is incredible. It's also fun listening to them find their Hollywood Handbook personas as the show goes on. It is kinda sad listening to them enjoying audience interaction considering how they've pretty much phased that out of Hollywood Handbook though.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Koholint posted:

The episode with Sean's Lourve story and the unfortunately named digging shows is incredible.

That's right, run back to high school, little boy...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The Benghazi bit was the boy's best moment for me until the entire wendigo gabrus episode.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
[quote="“Snooze Cruise”" post="“474896837”"]
The Benghazi bit was the boy’s best moment for me until the entire wendigo gabrus episode.
[/quote]

This was the second segment of RSS ep#23. They nailed the hesitant NPR radio voice, and the abrupt breaking news stuff was incredible.

My favorite moment was when they spent a ton of time attempting to explain the concept behind the dating show Ready for Love, only for it to be completely pulled from the schedule the following week. (ep#25-26) It also was the first mention of the animated film Osmosis Jones on the p’cast, which has been referenced a few times on HH.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

JethroMcB posted:

That's right, run back to high school, little boy...

AND A PARt of me thought, no! I'm not a little boy! MAke me cum in my pants in a museum.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
On today's Spontanenation, Carl Tart and Zeke Nicholson reveal that Fox recently changed "that rule" about writers making cameos on shows...because of Sean Clements. I'm pretty excited to hear this tale be drawn out.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

On today's Spontanenation, Carl Tart and Zeke Nicholson reveal that Fox recently changed "that rule" about writers making cameos on shows...because of Sean Clements. I'm pretty excited to hear this tale be drawn out.

What is "that rule"?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Is it because Sean was so awesome on Making History, which was loving hilarious and I'm still steaming mad it's cancelled?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Cloks posted:

What is "that rule"?

The new rule is writers can't do a cameo on their own shows.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I’m a bad supporter of Sean and only watched the Grinder after it was cancelled and up on Netflix. The Grinder is a very good show, and I’m sure I’ll feel the same way about Making History once I get around to watching it.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
That's a weird rule.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
One Weird Rule to keep writers off your tv, Clements hates him!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

W-where is today's episode of Hollywood Handbook

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

This is why you have to believe them every time they say "This is the last episode."

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

JethroMcB posted:

This is why you have to believe them every time they say "This is the last episode."

I've learned my lesson about the boys that cried Earwolf.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I’m hoping this is one of their classic pranks. No new show last week, and complete silence so far this week.

Could this really be the end?

Edit: Colin chimed in on the Earwolf subreddit to say the episode is delayed until later today. Still not sure what could cause it to be this late.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 1, 2017

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Hollywood handbook is up. I bet it was The Scuzzman's fault.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hell yes. I've been wanting a new Scuzzman ep...since the last one, really.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i watched a few episodes of making history after i heard the bit about sean ruining writer cameos for everyone at fox

his cameo in the third episode made me laugh pretty hard

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i live down the street from chapman university

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Help, I've had Off Book songs stuck in my head all week :(

HH was good this week. That is all.