Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would like a good Mario Tennis game.

So for gyro controls... are people generally rotating mainly with their wrists, or with their elbows and shoulders, or what? What is your "neutral angle", is the face of your controller parallel to your face, perpendicular, at a 45 degree angle? I realize that I didn't really have to think about it for Breath of the Wild since you only shoot arrows intermittently but with Splatoon I'm still trying get a feel for things, and now I know that for years my default stance with a gamepad was to rest my hands on my lap because holding this controller up in the air feels strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Generally when I'm really into Splatoon I'll lean forward and rest my arms/elbows on my legs/knees and then do all the aiming with my wrists.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
It's all in the wrists bro. I get in a comfortable position and reset the camera to that and wrist twist as needed.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Real hurthling! posted:

So was dqh, which runs smoother on vita than switch (with obviously lower qual textures etc of course but still)
excuse me sir in future please mention when things are [JP ONLY] before dashing my hopes :(

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I have given up hope on Golf Story/Wargroove/Stardew

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Overcooked is what you can believe in now

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The octobrush is bullshit lmao

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm going to dress up as Stardew Valley for Switch this Halloween.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Housh posted:

Not every one who posts here is from a country that celebrates with that holiday. Halloween when?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Housh posted:

I thought goons always dressed as depressed alcoholics. :confused:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

DLC Inc posted:

I have given up hope on Golf Story/Wargroove/Stardew

Friend... NEVER! Give: up; hope.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Zore posted:

I thought goons always dressed as depressed alcoholics. :confused:

that's the excuse I use, yeah

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Super Mario world when

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
GameCube Virtual Console??

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Stan Taylor posted:

GameCube Virtual Console Classic??

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is there anyway to charge your switch as well as have a wired ethernet connection... but in tabletop mode? I know this is extremely niche but a wired connection is the only way to get past my hotel's strict NAT settings.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Scholtz posted:

Is there anyway to charge your switch as well as have a wired ethernet connection... but in tabletop mode? I know this is extremely niche but a wired connection is the only way to get past my hotel's strict NAT settings.

I would imagine one of those USB 3.0 Type-C dongles. But I wouldn't know what's compatible.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bill Barber posted:

The only golf game you should be excited about is that one that has RPG elements and kinda looks like an amped up Mario Golf: Advance Tour.

Yeah Everybody's Golf looks sick.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

lol if you dont like stardew valley

How would I know? It's not available on Nintendo Switch yet.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would like a good Mario Tennis game.

So for gyro controls... are people generally rotating mainly with their wrists, or with their elbows and shoulders, or what? What is your "neutral angle", is the face of your controller parallel to your face, perpendicular, at a 45 degree angle? I realize that I didn't really have to think about it for Breath of the Wild since you only shoot arrows intermittently but with Splatoon I'm still trying get a feel for things, and now I know that for years my default stance with a gamepad was to rest my hands on my lap because holding this controller up in the air feels strange

No joke I have to play standing up cause I gather I have been using my shoulder/elbows. It's the weirdest thing but hey I kick rear end at this game.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Tatsuta Age posted:

Super Mario world when

Super Mario world then (25 years ago)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What are the rules of splatoon rainmaker mode?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Grab gun.

Stick it up the enemy spawns rear end in a top hat

Win rainmaker

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does paint cover count?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Cartoon Man posted:

https://youtu.be/aJ7zR-M7ICw

GOT loving Y

Get your poo poo together Nintendo and release GOTY right the gently caress now!

What exactly is going on at 1:58

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

What are the rules of splatoon rainmaker mode?

Get the Rainmaker, slam it down onto the enemy's base at the far end of the map. If you can't manage it by the end of the match, whichever team got closer to slamming it down at the other team's base wins.

Real hurthling! posted:

Does paint cover count?

Turf painted means nothing in Ranked Matches, aside from feeding your Special. Aside from Splat Zones, of course.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

So theres no ranked turf war?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Not yet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neintendo at it again

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Splatfests are basically "ranked" turf war.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Actually splatfests are waifu wars

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

enojy posted:

Dr. Tim please don't do anything extreme when Super Mario World finally comes out and you realize it's a totally mediocre game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

Splatfests are basically "ranked" turf war.

How often are they?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I would imagine one of those USB 3.0 Type-C dongles. But I wouldn't know what's compatible.

Nothing yet, all of the current C-to-C+A+HDMI dongles make the switch pop up an "unsupported accessory" message and it won't even charge from it. That dockless for-the-switch dongle might work if you plug it in and just skip plugging the hdmi in, maybe, whenever it actually comes out.

e: otoh the switch in a dock without an hdmi plug is just a black screen so you might just be SOL

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 26, 2017

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Anidav posted:

Actually splatfests are waifu wars

my waifu "ketchup"

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
My waifu the waterslide

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Real hurthling! posted:

How often are they?

Around once a month. The next one should be happening in two weeks time, scheduled at the weekend.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Anidav posted:

The octobrush is bullshit lmao

Octobrush is the one thing I'm good with don't you dare take it away from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
When the choices are the two least interesting sauces around, you might as well pick the better squidkid, Pearl

I kinda like the blaster, especially the mist cloud, but inking the floor is hard and I can't enter squidform until the shot explodes

• Locked thread