Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I like the duke's dried sausage links. p good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Trust in Kirkland

Believe in Kirkland

It will never do you wrong

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xaris posted:

the kirkland steak cut jerky is very good thoguh, i go through that one really quickly and end up with spiced jerky farts

I can confirm this. I got 2 of those huge 1lb bags for like $10.99 each or something ridiculous. One thing though, it's recommended to put it in the fridge if you don't eat it all within 3 days. Being goons that shouldn't be a problem, but I live alone and a pound of meat is a lot for me.

gunkthruster
Sep 28, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I can confirm this. I got 2 of those huge 1lb bags for like $10.99 each or something ridiculous. One thing though, it's recommended to put it in the fridge if you don't eat it all within 3 days. Being goons that shouldn't be a problem, but I live alone and a pound of meat is a lot for me.

My pound of meat never seems to satisfy Pennywise :(
... speaking of which I should renew my Costco membership.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pennywise the Frown posted:

yea i didnt notice the 3-day rec before. i usually eat it all in about 5 days and haven't died yet.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hittin' the 'sco on the way home from work/gym tonight for some random stuff like olives, gum, gasoline of course.

Also some of these bad boys (my parents discovered them over the 4th of July):

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Speaking OF GYM ACTION, did you know that Costco carries a bunch of great protein powder? And cheaper than amazon!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They have a lot of good protein supplements. The shakes are great if you're lazy.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

Hittin' the 'sco on the way home from work/gym tonight for some random stuff like olives, gum, gasoline of course.

How the gently caress is it 100% beef, but then it has pork?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

The beef it has is 100% grass fed, but it also has pork. Which is not 100% grass fed beef.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

The pigs the pork comes from ate nothing but cows.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

Noice. I'm a big fan of the Chicken, apple, and gouda sausages in fact I had one for breakfast today.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Had a near panic attack today because they moved my hands-down favorite Costco item, Stonemill Potato Salad (an absolute steal at $5 CAD for a massive tub) from the salad section to a different refrigerated section. I think this is a Canadian product but if any Canadian goons here like potato salad , give this a try.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Had a near panic attack today because they moved my hands-down favorite Costco item, Stonemill Potato Salad (an absolute steal at $5 CAD for a massive tub) from the salad section to a different refrigerated section. I think this is a Canadian product but if any Canadian goons here like potato salad , give this a try.

A+++ potate salad, PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Harald posted:

Noice. I'm a big fan of the Chicken, apple, and gouda sausages in fact I had one for breakfast today.

I got some smoked mozzarella and artichoke sausage too!!!! they also had the apple and gouda right next too it. so much sausage. too much? I dont know.

and its all pre-cooked so I can just be lazy and microwave it or sear it in a pan!

truly, earnestly, PBUC.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also i told my coworker i was going to costco as i was leaving and she shoved a $20 in my face and was like PLEASE BUY ME KIRKLAND VODKA I JUST RAN OUT lol

she gets it

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chinatown posted:

also i told my coworker i was going to costco as i was leaving and she shoved a $20 in my face and was like PLEASE BUY ME KIRKLAND VODKA I JUST RAN OUT lol

she gets it

She wants to drink it with you and have sex.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

she gets it

Women flock to a man with a membership at the 'sco I hope your single or she's gonna be heartbroken

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
should make some ahadith, some suras for a holy book

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
ok, current 5 pillars in one post
zakat: pay thee a membership fee every year
hajj: make thy way to costco
salat: eat something from costco 5 times a day
sawm: eat the hotdogs too, don't be fasting
shahada: present yon membership card upon entrance

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

She wants to drink it with you and have sex.

gonna have to check with her husband first!! :D

Harald posted:

Women flock to a man with a membership at the 'sco I hope your single or she's gonna be heartbroken

im single and ready to...uh....cant think of a costco rhyme ATM

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
I have never had a Costco membership before, because my family didn't when I was growing up, and then I didn't have a car for a long time. But now I have a car, and I live one mile from a Costco, and I have seen the light. Please gentlemen, tell me the Good News, for I wish to join your ranks.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

JewKiller 3000 posted:

I have never had a Costco membership before, because my family didn't when I was growing up, and then I didn't have a car for a long time. But now I have a car, and I live one mile from a Costco, and I have seen the light. Please gentlemen, tell me the Good News, for I wish to join your ranks.

Do you have $1.50 to your name? If so, your path has begun.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How can I kill the time until August 3rd? Yeah I have a business trip which will help but ..still.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

JewKiller 3000 posted:

But now I have a car

my savings on gas pays for my annual membership fee about 2 times over given how much I drive (about 16 gallons a week, sometimes more).

Everything else is just gravy.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I went after work tonight and got chicken breasts, Whisps parmesan crisps (perfect crispy, salty, 100% parmesan cheese crackers with zero carbs), a case of sugar-free Red Bull for my wife, and filled up the car for $2.08 per gallon.

No dogs for me, since I still have several of the Kirkland 1/4 pounder dogs in the freezer at home, and two cans of Silver Floss kraut to try FogHelmut's recipe next time.

My heart sank because there were almost 20 idiots lined up for the last remaining checkout line, but absolutely nobody in the self-checkout line. I breezed right through like a pro.

PBUC.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
wait Costco has some stores with self-checkout now? I need it.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

wait Costco has some stores with self-checkout now? gently caress!

truly, new wonders are seen every day. PBUC.

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

Chinatown posted:

Still get checked at the door?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Toilet Shoes posted:

the door girls are usually p cute at my costco so i dont mind :grin:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Toilet Shoes posted:

Yeah, they still check, so I make sure to bring my own bags and keep my receipt in hand.

We have three self-checkout lanes to the right of all the regular lanes. Usually I get there around 8:10 after leaving work, and they close at 8:30. The store is rarely crowded at that time, but everyone lines up in the one open lane, usually ignoring the self-checkout lanes completely.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
OK I have purchased a Costco Gold membership! PBUC

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

JewKiller 3000 posted:

OK I have purchased a Costco Gold membership! PBUC

You'll find Costco's kosher selections to be delightful.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

C. Everett Koop posted:

Why do you think I got the Gold membership? As a filthy hebe kike, I couldn't resist the discount!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Busy turning a 10 pound bag of carrots into poo

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Making a hajj to the 'co tomorrow

Gonna get all the Pacific Gold Korean BBQ jerky and more of those stretchy nice undershirts, pbuc

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

I think there are only a couple left, they got rid of them because people weren't spending enough money when they used them. I loved it because I could buy a case of beer and be out of there in 3 minutes, but Costco leadership decided that it encouraged people to spend less money. Which is true, but I also went far more often and bought things I would have instead gone to the grocery store for.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

binge crotching posted:

I think there are only a couple left, they got rid of them because people weren't spending enough money when they used them. I loved it because I could buy a case of beer and be out of there in 3 minutes, but Costco leadership decided that it encouraged people to spend less money. Which is true, but I also went far more often and bought things I would have instead gone to the grocery store for.

I can see that, but costcos are almost always so busy and need to be mentally prepared for a poo poo show such that if I'm going to go, I'm loading up on $100+ of food so I don't have to come back for a few weeks. If they were as easy as just going to the grocery store like Safeway, hgell yeah I'd just go and get a few items more often.

even with door checkers, I could see more shrink having self-checkouts too. i've never seen a self-checkout at costco tho

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Costco tries to minimize expenses with an incredible supply chain and an entire warehouse/store full of impulse buys and consumer necessities. An express version of Costco that was automated and targeted would be one of the best things to ever happen. Quality milk, bread, and eggs on demand and real craft beer and a huge bottle of Kirkland Rum? Sign me up!

But they control costs via their gigantic warehouse stores. Something will eventually need to change with their distribution model as Amazon and Walmart are hot on their heels. A mix between Trader Joe's and Costco or a partnership - they might be able to rule the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

I don't know about the other kosher stuff but the kosher meat section is always my second stop at the 'co after I get my potato salad.