Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Roid666 posted:

You don't. You just stop getting bonus XP. It's an artificial way off stopping poopsock no lifers from out levelling the rest of the server.

I thought you could transfer one type of exp to another type of exp? quest exp to talent exp? Im not to sure on the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
You can convert level exp to talent xp if that's what you mean. When you try to upgrade a skill and don't have enough talent xp, it will ask if you want to use level xp instead. So I suppose you could stop leveling like that if you wanted. I'm not sure why you would want to though.

Also can I remind everyone to do the guild quest. It looks like lots of people haven't had any contribution this week.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Is the guild quest the one we all got invited to today and then we didn't have enough to do? Or is it something people can solo?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
The solo one: Adventure->Guild Quest. It's the 30 stage one.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It's solo and easy to idle on. It's essentially doing work for the guild (posting fliers, etc), which makes the guild money. Guild has an upkeep and infrastructure to pay for, so everyone needs to do their part.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Got into a raid last night, then got kicked half way through for no god drat reason.

So that was fun I guess.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
The raid I joined after the goon one fell apart started kicking people below level 33. I left after the fourth wipe caused by Leeroys. Good times, hope we can wrangle 25 for a goon raid soon.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
We're probably just as bad ;]

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Stay up on the weekly Guild quests so I can keep upgrading our Guild buildings. We're nearing level 3 and then I can unlock level 30 weapons/armor for crafting.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Roid666 posted:

We're probably just as bad ;]

I'd assume people raiding with the guild will be a bit more patient and I'd be way more receptive to enabling voice chat if I'm raiding with y'all rather than just an auto-match pub crew.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Roid666 posted:

You can convert level exp to talent xp if that's what you mean. When you try to upgrade a skill and don't have enough talent xp, it will ask if you want to use level xp instead. So I suppose you could stop leveling like that if you wanted. I'm not sure why you would want to though.

Because it lets you stop levelling while you still have the double xp bonus to apply towards talent xp, which takes a lot longer to max out.

Roid666 posted:

Also can I remind everyone to do the guild quest. It looks like lots of people haven't had any contribution this week.

I'm not sure about others but I did the quests for another guild before joining this one, so I'm tapped out for the week. I imagine next week will have more people contributing.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

I'd assume people raiding with the guild will be a bit more patient and I'd be way more receptive to enabling voice chat if I'm raiding with y'all rather than just an auto-match pub crew.

Anyone know if the voice chat in game is any good or should we be looking at setting up a guild discord server?

Voice chat for raiding is critical and I cant wait to see how this will all compare to wow vanilla 40 man raids. Being on mobile is a little different though.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Warning: Auction house prices are per item, not per stack. Don't do what I did and blow 15k gold on low level mats. :smith:

Also a clarification on the level xp bonus - if you are 5 or more levels below the cap, you get +100%. Between 2 and 4 levels below, +50%. At max level you don't get any bonus. So if you're min/maxing you'll want to stay 5 levels below the cap until you have your paths all leveled up as high as they can go, then level to 1 below cap and do the same again.

Edit: Only take the above into account if you want to level multiple paths. Otherwise just level normally, your path will keep up fine.

Vulpes fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 26, 2017

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I joined the guild as Trastion.

How do you leave a group/party? I joined one for a raid or something the quest thing had me do and couldn't figure out how to leave. Eventually they kicked me out I think but I may still be in the group...

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Trastion posted:

I joined the guild as Trastion.

How do you leave a group/party? I joined one for a raid or something the quest thing had me do and couldn't figure out how to leave. Eventually they kicked me out I think but I may still be in the group...

Tap the middle button on the left panel, then tap it again to bring up the group window. Tap leave group.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Tap the middle button on the left panel, then tap it again to bring up the group window. Tap leave group.

You would think that with all the tutorial stuff they might show you that since it is not obvious even a little bit.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Is there some trick to getting auto matched to the right tier of elemental groups? I'm in my 20s and am constantly getting matched with the lvl 30/40 groups which I get no credit in.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I don't think there is a trick. Don't worry, you'll hit 30 super quick.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
You can also just make a group of your own. It will fill pretty quick.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Silvergun1000 posted:

Is there some trick to getting auto matched to the right tier of elemental groups? I'm in my 20s and am constantly getting matched with the lvl 30/40 groups which I get no credit in.

I had the same issue. The solution is to start your own group and lead the way.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Joined guild as Hilarity

Deathmic
Oct 24, 2009
Joined as Deathmic.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I'm never gonna clear the goblint camp :negative:

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

There's a community wiki being developed at https://crusadersoflight.info

It's pretty limited right now but people have been making contributions pretty steady for a new game.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

someone awful. posted:

It gets easier. At first I couldn't get a winning group either, and a few days later I'm sleepwalking through all four 5 mans. I wish there were a few more; the jump up to Heroics is pretty brutal.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

someone awful. posted:

What's your role? I tank and just unlocked it.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Roid666 posted:

I don't think there is a trick. Don't worry, you'll hit 30 super quick.

Yep. Took me 2 or 3 days? Most of it on autopilot. Seems to slow down after that.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Started this up as DuckMolester, working my way up to where guild application unlocks.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
The fact that Team includes LFG shouts and the Faction channel not being disableable topped off with the chat filter makes the chat system in this game almost unusable.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Joined as Nevermore

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

What's your role? I tank and just unlocked it.

I'm a healer but I think I might change to being a DPS caster or reroll/alt as a warrior. I can't figure out how to heal well, and the UI is pretty confusing and unhelpful to letting me know what's going on with my heal spells. I figured out how to turn the DPS meter to a healing one do I do know I am doing heals, and people don't generally die until after I do, but it still feels weird?

Any other healer people got some basic tips?

Also I keep missing all the time events because I'm Pacific time, oops :v:

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
When I played healer on the other servers at launch in SEA, I pretty much autoed all the time and all was fine.

One tip maybe you haven't noticed yet is that your auto attack actually heals if you are targeting a friendly. So if you simply select the party member via the party menu on the left of the screen, and then spam the attack button, that keeps them alive almost indefinitely. Couple this with the shield for spike damage and the AOE heal when the whole party need topping off and you should be fine. I only had to start doing this for the hardest dungeons though.

Roid666 fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jul 27, 2017

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Definitely did not know my auto attack healed, that's neat!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I suppose there's no way to really customize the look of your character, and I'm stuck looking like a Legolas knock-off?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

My haircut changed at some point from beautiful blonde Legolas locks to some kind of shorter dirty blonde slightly wavey thing. I have no idea why this happened and I want my old hair back. :saddowns:

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

someone awful. posted:

Definitely did not know my auto attack healed, that's neat!

Well, it used to at least ;]

Roid666 fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 27, 2017

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Joined as SuperNoodles, let's poopsock

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Hey 👊, you can kick snowmank. I'm out. Thanks!

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

someone awful. posted:

My haircut changed at some point from beautiful blonde Legolas locks to some kind of shorter dirty blonde slightly wavey thing. I have no idea why this happened and I want my old hair back. :saddowns:

Should've seen a better Barber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Mackers posted:

Joined as SuperNoodles, let's poopsock

But you can not only play on the john, you can have the game play itself while you enjoy a good toilet-meditation session. Throw away the sock, goon.

Also, in as Makes Sense, until I forget I'm playing this or something. Or reroll a nontank for some reason.

• Locked thread