Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

xzzy posted:

totoro is like new coke. a product no one asked for being pushed on a market that doesn't want it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SIGINT Waveforms content so we're not just forum sumo-ing each other to death over a G-rated movie, also because im gay:

Towards the end of Promethean Code mission, there's these flashing columns that you see in the in the Seraphim Vault through the control room's glass windows. They're not present in any other mission AFAIK, and the way they flash reminds me of the Dragon Valley/DICE LA Camo Morse Code puzzle from the Battlefield series.

Because goons are opinionated, I need some violently opinionated eyes on this video I took:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCYoYWX5XJg

1) Does this look like Morse to the beholder? To me, it seems so, but...
2) I'm not sure it's "classic" morse, because it looks like the dits and dahs are based on luminous intensity, rather than a lamp shuttering on and off.

This open-source machine-vision morse interpreter I downloaded CURRENTLY only reads those "ON" or "OFF" states, but does accurately detect luma.
I feel like I can probably gently caress with it to make it interpret the video's luma differently:

The string of morse that you see listed there is a bad result, either because of the above case, or because I haven't configured it correctly.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Perdicted

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
past tense of perdition

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Blind perdiction

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Blind Perdiction

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

Blind Perdiction

Owned nerd

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cOgFWCaeEI

Reminder this was the best commercial bungie never made

Destiny 2 version is a Michael McDonald video done like one of those 80s metal tour videos, interspersed with clips of guys getting teamshot and Teis clip of that hunter not being able to GG red bars.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
sign me up to play semi-difficult content with the loving waveforms guy and a huge idiot obsessed with a children's movie, and the various hangers-on who would willingly associate with this bevy of rejects

oh wait hahah no i'm not going to do that.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Even our discord competitive statistics bot, Charlemagne, agrees that Wrecks Box One is the master of all reality.

Also Ethan I'm remodding you for your fantastic photoshop work the next time you sign in

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
pre-order Destiny 2 and get a cold laser

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/890240550544093184

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
I'm a PS4 but I identify with the cool version of the rock, not the cartoon thing or the fanny pack.

I feel so lost.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trace rifle you say? More weapon types :getin:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

making of vod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLFmeNTDKBc

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

"what if we took zarya's gun from overwatch and put it in destiny???"

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

Trace rifle you say? More weapon types :getin:

Sorta, it's a one-off rn. Video says it's the only trace rifle in the game but that they're open to creating more. Presumably they'll look at the usage data and go from there.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Trace rifle you say? Yeah that does like like a Terrible Random Attempt at Creating Excitement.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Kinda neat if we're getting per-foundry exotics and weapon patterns. Like, Omolon has Trace Rifles, Hakke has micromissile launchers (iirc they teased that?), Nadir has ??????

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-1_9-z9rbY

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Just seems like the Halo 2 sentinel beam rifle to me.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Go play Halo 2 then.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

for those worried, coldheart can be obtained in game starting December 5th, which is when the first DLC is speculated to come out as well

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
or you could just preorder the game we all know we're going to buy anyway

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Waffle House posted:

Kinda neat if we're getting per-foundry exotics and weapon patterns. Like, Omolon has Trace Rifles, Hakke has micromissile launchers (iirc they teased that?), Nadir has ??????

You mean the foundaries the cabal just blew the gently caress up?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Go play Halo 2 then.

What the gently caress are you on about now

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also lol at that teaser making it look like that exotic actually kills enemies when we all know it's gonna do miserable tickledick damage

xzzy posted:

You mean the foundaries the cabal just blew the gently caress up?

i mean, we know the foundries are in the game and still making weapons, so :shrug:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I'm a PS4 but I identify with the cool version of the rock, not the cartoon thing or the fanny pack.

I feel so lost.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Stop acting like your AV

RAAWR

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Stop acting like your AV

RAAWR

I'm not trying to start a catfight here, but I'm genuinely curious why you seemed to have a negative reaction to my first post, it was literally just a simple observation and it seemed to have pissed you off out of nowhere, I'm baffled

In fact every time I see 'Vintersorg' it induces a pavlov reaction oh yeah this is the guy that seems to get a bit combative about well, everything.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean, we know the foundries are in the game and still making weapons, so :shrug:

No wonder they lose. Blow up our last city and chase our heroes to a farm, leave the weapon factories up and running.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'm not trying to start a catfight here, but I'm genuinely curious why you seemed to have a negative reaction to my first post, it was literally just a simple observation and it seemed to have pissed you off out of nowhere, I'm baffled

In fact every time I see 'Vintersorg' it induces a pavlov reaction oh yeah this is the guy that seems to get a bit combative about well, everything.

Are you serious right now? I barely post in the Destiny thread and you've conjured up some image of me being combative.

I was loving around and you're raging like some child.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

everyone shut the gently caress up and post about Vex Milk instead

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
A couple people asked so there's a couple little housekeeping things about the Discord and [KINK] clan, especially amidst all the recent membership applications.

1. Goon status is not required. Please bring your friends (or even family if for some reason you think that's a good idea). We only ask they be civil and chill people who don't utterly suck at the game (and I mean to the point of ruining the fun of other people, so your 0.5 KDR is fine). We have an admin and a couple raid regulars who may not even be clan members or goons at all!

2. You actually have to mash the "Interact" button to make the clan "your clan." This is a Bungie quirk and not something we have any control over.

3. Our only serious rule is to not gently caress it up for other people so act like adults. When we say inclusive, we mean inclusive, goon or not-goon.

4. However, it is actually helpful to send a message or otherwise post your BUNGIE account name (which for some reason seems to override your PSN account name) so we know it's you and not just some random person.

5. The clan IS migrating to a D2 clan once Bungie gets their act together. And I have zero idea what impact that has in game but they said it does so go ask Bungie about that one!

6. Yes we have a PC D2 contingent in addition to the PS4 core group.

7. This is the Bungie number.

Clan Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/s3bu43s

Bungie Clan Page:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2011959

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
im going to guess that no one actually asked

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Voted thread a 2. :destiny:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

im going to guess that no one actually asked

Not in this thread, no, but shitposting channel creation may have gotten a liiiiittle out of hand on Discord.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Waffle House posted:

Not in this thread, no, but shitposting channel creation may have gotten a liiiiittle out of hand on Discord.

Yes that.

#1 and #2 actually do come up repeatedly.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I can't wait for the influx of "i don't know what happened to my old goon clan, is there a new one for X system?" because people dropped off and didn't carry them over

e: here's the link to that poo poo https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46085/

AAB fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 26, 2017

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I feel so lost.

I identify with looking like regular Rock or cartoon Rock 24/7 IRL with no middle ground or discernible transition between, and the word fanny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

AAB posted:

I can't wait for the influx of "i don't know what happened to my old goon clan, is there a new one for X system?" because people dropped off and didn't carry them over

e: here's the link to that poo poo https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46085/

I pressed the button to make everyone's Margaritas/Moana/sex joke clan in Destiny 2 a reality.