Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rexroom posted:

Around once a month. The next one should be happening in two weeks time, scheduled at the weekend.

gently caress this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/AutomaticZen/status/890116015849443330

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

doooooomedddd

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/889897433366282240

The Ray Man and the Definite Legend arrives September 12th. Dunno how well the touch screen mechanic works this time around, but at least you can play the soccer game with your buds.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/889897433366282240

The Ray Man and the Definite Legend arrives September 12th. Dunno how well the touch screen mechanic works this time around, but at least you can play the soccer game with your buds.

The best 2D Platformer in recent memory imo, really good game.

I imagine they change the touch screen stuff back to a button like they did on every other system

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Releasing pokemon and a desirable console will do that when you are selling like zero stuff prior

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The best 2D Platformer in recent memory imo, really good game.

I imagine they change the touch screen stuff back to a button like they did on every other system

Europe got a demo for it, though it was pulled for I guess audio issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8SsmDs_0jw

Buttons for the touch screen stuff if you're playing docked. I imagine you could use the touch screens in handheld mode.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Any news of the release date of that nine parchments magicka/diablo clone? I love those local co-op games. Btw, a new four swords adventure would be to die for!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My Direct sense is tingling. I think we'll see something announced soon.

Probably Fire Emblem related, but I think they're about to drop word of the Animal Crossing mobile game.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

ovenboy posted:

Any news of the release date of that nine parchments magicka/diablo clone? I love those local co-op games. Btw, a new four swords adventure would be to die for!

No news as of yet, but Frozenbyte are scheduling the release sometime this year.

Nintendo updated their financial results today. They've sold 4.7 million units of the Switch and 13.6 million units of software till the end of June.

There's also a list of million sellers:
  • The Legend of Zelda: BOTW (3.92 million)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (3.53)
  • 1-2-Switch (1.22)
  • ARMS (1.18)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So that 4.7 million isn't including July?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Al Borland Corp. posted:

So that 4.7 million isn't including July?

Correct, so we don't see Splatoon 2 in the numbers, for example.

Here's the earnings report.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

1.2m copies of 1-2-Switch lmao

Those ARMS numbers aren't too bad really. It's probably not going to have the sales longevity that Mario Kart or Splatoon will have though.

e: And yeah it'll be interesting to see what July's hardware sales are like with the Splatoon bundle, it does seem like there were more units available even if there were still shortages due to demand scalpers.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The arms numbers are good, over a million in less than a month, a %20 attach rate

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rexroom posted:

No news as of yet, but Frozenbyte are scheduling the release sometime this year.

Nintendo updated their financial results today. They've sold 4.7 million units of the Switch and 13.6 million units of software till the end of June.

There's also a list of million sellers:
  • The Legend of Zelda: BOTW (3.92 million)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (3.53)
  • 1-2-Switch (1.22)
  • ARMS (1.18)

For comparison, the Wii U had lifetime sales of about 13.5m. Question: how do console sales normally trend over time? Do they sell more at launch, or at every Christmas, or what? How many Switches do you think will move Holiday 2017?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The will sell until the people that want them at full price get them. Then they will slow and pick up at each sale.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna depend a lot on how supply constrained they still are by then

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Software is a big thing too, generally early adopters/fans will pick up a console at launch. As more system seller games get released, sales will pick up again. I'd say a lot of WiiU owners waited since BOTW, MK8 and to a lesser extent Splatoon 2 probably weren't reason enough to pick up a Switch when they had those games (or earlier iterations) on the WiiU. Super Mario Odyssey is likely to bring those people in, among others. Maybe Xenoblade Chronicles 2, also.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wiiu owners are extreme nintendoids they are all either switch owners or very embarrased switch wanters

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

irlZaphod posted:

Software is a big thing too, generally early adopters/fans will pick up a console at launch. As more system seller games get released, sales will pick up again. I'd say a lot of WiiU owners waited since BOTW, MK8 and to a lesser extent Splatoon 2 probably weren't reason enough to pick up a Switch when they had those games (or earlier iterations) on the WiiU. Super Mario Odyssey is likely to bring those people in, among others. Maybe Xenoblade Chronicles 2, also.

Also there's a fair few people probably waiting for a decent-sized library in general to justify the buy-in on a Switch. Christmas purchases aside, I'd expect to see a decent uptick early next year.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Wiiu owners are extreme nintendoids they are all either switch owners or very embarrased switch wanters
Sure but there's still at least 10m of the latter apparently

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How many 3DSs were sold in the first four months ?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They arent rationally waiting for games that werent in wiiu tho they just havent been able to get their switch

They bought wiius with no games for like 2 years afterall

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

How many 3DSs were sold in the first four months ?
It launched in February in Japan and March everywhere else, and apparently had global sales of 3.6 million by the end of March. By the end of June it had sold 7 million worldwide. I think the price cut happened after that, in August.

Actually those figures are apparently "units shipped", which probably doesn't equal actual sales?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_sales#Launch

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

wuggles posted:

For comparison, the Wii U had lifetime sales of about 13.5m. Question: how do console sales normally trend over time? Do they sell more at launch, or at every Christmas, or what? How many Switches do you think will move Holiday 2017?

It depends on the console. Most consoles tend to peak in their second year on the market. The Gameboy Advance peaked very early. The Wii was constantly supply constrained so you had the famous December of 2009 where it sold nearly 4 million in North America. I can see the Switch having a similar lifecycle to the Wii and DS due to supply constraints.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I feel a need to find a (capacitive) stylus for the Switch. I'm not doing finger painting just to do graffiti in Splatoon 2.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/889948240132665344

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.

Rexroom posted:

I feel a need to find a (capacitive) stylus for the Switch. I'm not doing finger painting just to do graffiti in Splatoon 2.

The Adonit Mark Stylus ($10) has been working pretty well for me.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:

2018: Girls of Nintendo XXXtreme Beach Volleyball

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Speaking of which, there's a Senran Kagura livestream coming on Tuesday, where they'll reveal more details about their... thing coming to the Switch and an upcoming sequel which may or may not come to the Switch.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
you know, mario x rabbids will be the first game using Uplay on the switch

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

spit on my clit posted:

you know, mario x rabbids will be the first game using Uplay on the switch

Yuck

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Uplay(the reward system, not the store) is good. I played Driver San Francisco years ago and then when I bought Splinter Cell I got a good free suit with the points.

Club Nintendo coins should work like Uplay(and do, in their mobile games).

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Steam would be perfect for the Switch.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Every interaction I have had with Uplay was a pain in the rear end. I don't care about getting a new color shoes for my video game character, so I'd rather not have to deal with Uplay's bullshit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah they should release an official steam app to stream from your library. There's rainway of course but an official Steam one would be better.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RCarr posted:

Every interaction I have had with Uplay was a pain in the rear end. I don't care about getting a new color shoes for my video game character, so I'd rather not have to deal with Uplay's bullshit.

I never found it difficult at all, but most of my interactions were on the WiiU app where the library of games to select rewards from was, how you say, limited, so it wasn't a long process.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

August will be a big month for Switch, getting Sonic Mania, MarioXRabbids, Sine Mora EX, and the Gunvolt 2-Pack. Unfortunately all of these are on like the last week.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sonic Mania comes out on the 15th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Sonic Mania comes out on the 15th

the rest are on August 28th or later

• Locked thread