Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I have the steam app and it doesn't seem to be too much of a pain to sell all checked items, whats the best way to list a bunch and then go approve them all there?

I never paid attention to stickers or cards and I have pages and pages of them I'd like to either get rid of or use. No sense in updating a profile if I don't care about friends lists right? Just sell all this crap for under a quarter?

Thats what I do, if you actually play the games you buy you can make a few bucks here and there without issue. I dont think there is any easy way to list them all quickly though because steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Far Cry: Brotherhood

I just got transported into the story of a mythical warrior, who journeyed into the paradise of Shangri-La to do battle with the demons there.

Of course he has a camera, and the demons use the same animations as regular melee enemies. Why would you ever think otherwise?

Other Ubisoft titles aside, did any other studio every get away with some much blatant recycling in its AAA titles?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 26, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shadow225 posted:

This is a long shot, but does anyone have a spare copy of the CAPCOM Humble Bundle that ended like yesterday? I got caught up in stuff and forgot to pull the trigger.
what games do you need? I have a bunch spare from the last one

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Fart of Presto posted:

They also stopped development of Hellraid to focus on making The Following for Dying Light.

Supposedly it was originally just a mod/extension for Dead Island, but was then moved up to be a full game.
Co-op Hexen would have been pretty boss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqeYqFN2HNA
That is a shame. I was wondering what happened to that game.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

codo27 posted:

Thats what I do, if you actually play the games you buy you can make a few bucks here and there without issue. I dont think there is any easy way to list them all quickly though because steam

Yeah no way to bulk sell cards unfortunately. Just sit down every night and list like 10 cards for either the current going rate or +1 penny if you're not in a hurry to sell. It will be pocket change but you should be able to pick up a little indie game on a deep discount for free every few months so there's that.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Takes No Damage posted:

Yeah no way to bulk sell cards unfortunately.
Steam inventory helper. You can even (sorta) bulk confirm all your sales now.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

I haven't played a modern FPS since CoD: Black Ops on console so DOOM is blowing my loving mind. I can't even handle playing more than 1 level at once it's just too much.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

comingafteryouall posted:

I haven't played a modern FPS since CoD: Black Ops on console so DOOM is blowing my loving mind. I can't even handle playing more than 1 level at once it's just too much.

Yeah, it owns

I'm almost done with my pc download. Played it on PS4, rebought it on sale to test my new machine. Excited to get those 1070 driven polygons shot into my eyeballs.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I have to split the patch download over this month and next to stay under my data cap. :(

At least I'll get to play again soon.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Get Prey afterwards, you'll have your mind blown twice over.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Takes No Damage posted:

Yeah no way to bulk sell cards unfortunately. Just sit down every night and list like 10 cards for either the current going rate or +1 penny if you're not in a hurry to sell. It will be pocket change but you should be able to pick up a little indie game on a deep discount for free every few months so there's that.

Steam Economy Enhancer can bulk list cards and other things, while Steam Desktop Authenticator can auto-confirm listings.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

tight aspirations posted:

Steam Desktop Authenticator can auto-confirm listings.
Is that worth installing?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Is that worth installing?

Well it's basically a windows steam authenticator, so if that's what you want, I guess it is. AFAIK winauth can do similar things.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Get Prey afterwards, you'll have your mind blown twice over.

I'll eventually get to it, but since I just spent a pretty penny on a new computer, I'm going to let the games come to me cheap. I have a bunch of stuff to catch up on!

I assume it'll drop in price somewhat soon, since it seems to have not sold that well and I already got DOOM for 15 bucks.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Which graphics card and processor did you end up getting?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Which graphics card and processor did you end up getting?

I got a Ryzen 1400 and Radeon RX 580. I bought a pre-built from Microcenter cause it has been years since I had a desktop.

When I was looking around, an NVIDIA card would probably be better value but I got tired of waiting for the bitcoin market to crash.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

Snuffman posted:

Pyre is positively delightful.

I was initially put off by reviews that said "ITS A SPORTS GAME". I mean, it is and it isn't. The game eases you into the main mechanics quite nicely and a practice mode eventually gets unlocked (this was an initial worry of mine, that there wasn't a practice mode). Its more of a Fantasy-sports-RPG. You characters level up, you get skills but you're playing a 3v3 fantasy football game.

Shame about the lack of online multiplayer. Its a wee bit too cryptic to split screen with someone not familiar with the game.

Definitely play with a controller. The KB+M controls...they're not good. Controller feels quite natural. Supergiant is definitely a console-game maker when it comes to controls.

I'm not too far in, but I'd certainly recommend it to people that enjoyed Bastion and Transistor. Gotta give Supergiant credit, each of their games are quite unique.

I'm not that hot on it. I've been enjoying the world building , characters and music but the core gameplay loop is lacking.Constantly wading through inconsequential decisions as your wagon slowly wheels through the countryside grows tedious.

The actual sport feels like a lame version of NBA Jam. While not without intrigue it pales in comparison to their previous titles. It can be tough to see your character and the arena boundaries are often unclear. The sport is really dependent on juking defenders, which is an odd match given that the game is single player focused.

I probably won't return it but I wish I had waited till it's half off.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I got a Ryzen 1400 and Radeon RX 580. I bought a pre-built from Microcenter cause it has been years since I had a desktop.

When I was looking around, an NVIDIA card would probably be better value but I got tired of waiting for the bitcoin market to crash.

Welcome back into the fold, brother.

:pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This looks interesting.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/660940/Law_Mower/

quote:

A man's strength comes from his power to change the world around him.

Law Mower is a game about one man's epic journey to achieve his life's purpose - to cut every blade of grass in the world. From America's suburbia to the Russian tundra, nature and society will do everything in its power to stop you. Crack open your garage, grab a gas can, and get ready to mow down your enemies!

A mow a day keeps the HOA away

A man's home is his castle, and every house needs maintenance. Sometimes your neighbors don't keep up and ruin your home's value. Mow their yards in the dead of night and destroy their flowerbeds. When the police come, just leave town and mow somewhere else. If anyone tries to stop you, show them your blades.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Crabtree posted:

Dead Island 2 is still in some developer comatose after Yager was let go and it was handed to Sumo Digital, meanwhile, a few days ago apparently Dying Light is doing "so good" that its getting another year of Free DLC.. Even though I'm not sure how much they could push after they killed off the protagonist in the Following. Essentially Dying Light and Dead Island are the new Dead Rising after Capcom's effectively mutilated that franchise into nothing with 4, but I'm wondering how long they realistically can milk DL without a sequel announcement at this point.

Oh no they killed Male Zombie Game Protagonist.

grrarg posted:

That is a shame. I was wondering what happened to that game.

It kind of reminds me of Deep Down, another game that will never be released.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Thoughts on titanfall 2 coop? Will I be in over my head if my experience is just some of the campaign to learn the basics?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Dead Island 2 is still in some developer comatose after Yager was let go and it was handed to Sumo Digital, meanwhile, a few days ago apparently Dying Light is doing "so good" that its getting another year of Free DLC.. Even though I'm not sure how much they could push after they killed off the protagonist in the Following. Essentially Dying Light and Dead Island are the new Dead Rising after Capcom's effectively mutilated that franchise into nothing with 4, but I'm wondering how long they realistically can milk DL without a sequel announcement at this point.

I suppose this could be the kind of thing that would lead into a sequel announcement.

"Hey, you know that game you loved? Well we're going to be releasing free stuff so you can play it again and remember why you loved it!"

12 months later

"Hey, you know that game you love that you're playing again because we released free stuff for it? SEQUEL!"

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've been waiting for Dying Light to come down to a nice acceptable < £10 for what feels like years and then they went and released a ludicrously named complete edition so it's going to be at least another year or so. Smart, I guess

There's a lot of game in that complete edition, so the price is more than fair.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Xander77 posted:

Far Cry: Brotherhood

I just got transported into the story of a mythical warrior, who journeyed into the paradise of Shangri-La to do battle with the demons there.

Of course he has a camera, and the demons use the same animations as regular melee enemies. Why would you ever think otherwise?

Other Ubisoft titles aside, did any other studio every get away with some much blatant recycling in its AAA titles?

Most if not all studios take those kinds of shortcuts when able. It's a waste of time and money otherwise. Also I feel like it's slightly disingenuous to just say the Shangri-la dude has a camera - it's an appropriately re-skinned orb of sight looking glass doohickey or whatever the heck with unique sound effects and everything. Why throw away a perfectly good game mechanic? It's certainly a little silly, but these are the same sections where you command a ghost tiger, stab weird tribal dudes, slow down time with a magic bow, and fly around in lovely flying sequences, so...

Also TIL thanks to the latest maybe-not-so-lovely IndieGala bundle that the same dude who made the neat little puzzler Zenge has a new game, Art of Gravity. It's a bit unpolished due to the usual physics puzzler issue of slightly dodgy physics, but it was still a fun little hour and a half of shooting orbs to break blocks in creative ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
We've been talking about it for months, but it's finally happened: the new Steam thread is now open. So, y'know, post over there instead.

• Locked thread