Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah they should release an official steam app to stream from your library. There's rainway of course but an official Steam one would be better.

If there was an official way to stream from my Steam library to my Switch, I would be so happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

treiz01 posted:

If there was an official way to stream from my Steam library to my Switch, I would be so happy

Pfft, Steam can't even get Big Screen mode to work worth a gently caress; don't expect miracles here.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I sure hope Sonic Mania is a good one

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Is there any way at all to adjust the sensitivity for Y Axis and X Axis separately in Splatoon? I've never played before and it's fun but there is no way I'm using the motion controls and when I try to use regular controls it's been tough because when the speed is perfect for left to right, it's way too fast for up and down. After being used to computer shooters, I really need to adjust to a controller again and that doesn't help :(

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've been diagnosed with Sonic Mania

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You need to play Dr Mario

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

irlZaphod posted:

How many original characters do you draw in a day?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Commissar Ken posted:

How many original characters do you draw in a day?

No, that's Sonic Forces :v:.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i've come down with a bad case of ARMS. i'd like a new case of arms, please. double blorbs if you have them

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Mister Facetious posted:

Pfft, Steam can't even get Big Screen mode to work worth a gently caress; don't expect miracles here.

whats wrong with it? seems to works fine on my end or do you mean that remote steam box thingy.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

InFlames235 posted:

but there is no way I'm using the motion controls

bad

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

spit on my clit posted:

i've come down with a bad case of ARMS. i'd like a new case of arms, please. double blorbs if you have them

Megawatts and Revolvers are where it's at :supaburn:.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Megawatts and Revolvers are where it's at :supaburn:.

Only blorbs for me. the only things that can easily wreck me are good twintelles, master mummies, and mechanicas.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

InFlames235 posted:

Is there any way at all to adjust the sensitivity for Y Axis and X Axis separately in Splatoon? I've never played before and it's fun but there is no way I'm using the motion controls and when I try to use regular controls it's been tough because when the speed is perfect for left to right, it's way too fast for up and down. After being used to computer shooters, I really need to adjust to a controller again and that doesn't help :(

Motion controls let you set the motion and stick sensitivity separately, use motion controls the end.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Just use motion controls. They work. I promise."

- delusional people who skipped the ball maze segments of BotW

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
If you couldn't make it past the 4 or so gyro shrines in BotW hand in you're gamer card.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've used motion 100% of the time but I still haven't gotten used to it. How long does it take? It's glorious in Zelda because you're standing still, but I haven't got the hang of using them while moving. Especially on rails

Yeah aiming with gyro and manipulating a block from third person perspective with gyro aren't the least bit comparable

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Hey folks, simple question here but I couldn't really find an answer. I want to buy my brother a game for his Switch, am I able to digitally gift games to him? He prefers the digital copies, so I'm only being partially lazy here.

Thanks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Solkanar512 posted:

Hey folks, simple question here but I couldn't really find an answer. I want to buy my brother a game for his Switch, am I able to digitally gift games to him? He prefers the digital copies, so I'm only being partially lazy here.

Thanks!

Not yet. This was s feature on the Wii eventually, don't know if it ever showed up on WiiU.

Your best bet is to just go on his eShop and buy it with your card while he's in another room, or log into his account on a computer.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Solkanar512 posted:

Thanks!

AFAIK there's nothing like Steam gifting, but you can just buy a digital code on amazon or wherever and send the code to him just fine.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
nintendo is so powerful

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Vikar Jerome posted:

whats wrong with it? seems to works fine on my end or do you mean that remote steam box thingy.

Big Screen mode has been nothing but buggy loving glitch infested garbage, and it makes using a controller a loving pointless exercise in frustration.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Gyro controls in Splatoon 2 are good for looking up & down, but i had to crank the R stick sensitivity all the way up to make aiming left and right doable

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Thinking of buying Nintendo Stock now and selling it after Christmas but I don't have a brokerage account and I am poor from buying so many Nintendo Switch games and accessories.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Thanks for the help folks!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

irlZaphod posted:

I remember the Sonic Depression of 2006.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mister Facetious posted:

Big Screen mode has been nothing but buggy loving glitch infested garbage, and it makes using a controller a loving pointless exercise in frustration.

I thought you didn't need to use Big Picture for Steam in-home streaming, unless that's the only option for the Steamlink then yikes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sine Mora is not a good game, by the way, and has a stupidly overwrought story including one the characters telling you about the time they were raped.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

If you couldn't make it past the 4 or so gyro shrines in BotW hand in you're gamer card.

I turned the puzzles upside down to cheat them. Eat a dick, motion controls.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Y'know, having played the Miitopia demo a lot, I now really want a game similiar to that on the Switch. It could be really awesome!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

s.i.r.e. posted:

I thought you didn't need to use Big Picture for Steam in-home streaming, unless that's the only option for the Steamlink then yikes.

I don't know if there's a way to bypass it, but when you connect with steam link, you just exit big picture and it gives you your desktop. I use it for watching Amazon prime because it's artifacty bullshit on my Xbox.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's gonna be funny when the Switch passes Xbone global sales next year.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Solkanar512 posted:

Thanks!

Some stores have download cards so you can buy him a digital code but still hand him a gift or whatever.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't think they can produce enough

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I think they're stockpiling them for when Mario and the holidays hit.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope Sony posts something in praise of Nintendo just to twist the knife.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What's wrong with big picture mode? I use it with steam link. It lets me load my games and play them which is basically all I need from steam.

What's the issue?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

spit on my clit posted:

Gyro controls in Splatoon 2 are good for looking up & down, but i had to crank the R stick sensitivity all the way up to make aiming left and right doable

You have to turn the controller like a bus steering wheel to get decent turning speed on the X axis for motion controls

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DalaranJ posted:

I hope Sony posts something in praise of Nintendo just to twist the knife.

Sony will definitely congratulate Nintendo when they outsell the xbone.

They did it for Wii/360 and Nintendo did it when PS3 overtook the 360.

After all the heated competition they can still unite to tell Microsoft to eat a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Zelda had motion control issues cause there was no press y to reset options you had to cancel out of whatever thing you were doing.

Also the physics had weight and lagged behind movement, Splatoon doesn't have that drag.

• Locked thread