Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
Oh man, you're really almost there. We've already come so far, and we're already almost at the start of yet another game. This should soften up the hype for the English release of this game since that's not for months yet. But anyways... Future EOU LP Character creation! Right, lemme get to the one I wanna submit.

Name: Eriya
Class: Ronin
Sprite: Ponytail Female; The skirt and bow are a dark violet, while her hair is DH1's blue or so. The... Should I call it a sash? Well, whatever it is around her chest can be a light red, and eyes a similar color.
Backstory: Originally from as third child of three to a family, Eriya was, dare she say it, more than a little modest. She's always had a little interest in writing, much as a bard-y thing that was, but at the same time, she thought that might make her be a little less than useful unless she really put in an absolutely excruciating amount of effort into that. Especially given that various other siblings had other semi-important jobs like her brother and sister being a pair of "Dark Hunters" for some guild she doesn't even know the name of. She considered becoming one, but she doesn't even know the first thing about how to use whips. Then she heard about the fact that some used swords, and got straight to work on saving up on one!
...Except because she had never actually seen a sword up close before, she ended up spending money on some sort of katana instead. Great. Although, that is something that Ronins use... Perhaps she could try her hand at that instead. Of course, she has no idea how the hell to use a katana beyond swinging it around like a fool at the moment, but she could easily pin that on being a newbie at the whole exploration thing. Maybe, once she gets a decent enough haul from all of this, she'll settle herself down and write about how one can be a ronin, an expert* guide by her! Maybe someone'll use it to conquer some other tree like she'll end up doing.
Disclaimer: She's actually making all these things about stances up as she goes along. Please do not follow her lead if you wish to become a ronin. For one, she's not even sure if being a ronin is something that should be done by women, and she doesn't know if she's got the right clothing, or if a sword can actually catch fire, or generate electricity, or...

Edit: The EOU stuff is around the bottom of the previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Yeah I'll repost it for a new page.

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Hello, everyone. Remember how I mentioned at the end of the Jaryuu update I'd be giving info on my next project sometime soon?

Well, here it is: Update 0 of Etrian Odyssey Untold.

Hivac will be joining me for this, and the LP will feature both a standard narrative LP of Classic, along with a condensed LP of Story, ala what Dr. Fetus did for EO2U.

So. Much like I did with this LP at the end of EO2U, I will be opening character submissions for the EOU LP early.

:siren: Here are the details on that. :siren:

If you want an idea of how much of EO5 is left before we're done, we have three more postgame bosses, including Oliphant, plus 27F through 30F, followed by the superboss. Not a lot left, honestly!

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Name: Kiara
Class: Alchemist
Portrait 4, red hair, blue-green clothes.

A naturally proud and inquisitive sort, Kiara made her way to Etria to join an explorer's guild half as a challenge to herself and the other half to spite her bull-headed landsknecht parents who said she'd never amount to anything with all her messing around with the arcane and whatnot. Usually one to get along with anyone, badmouthing or doubting her contributions toward a group is a quick way to get on her bad side. She doesn't back down from a challenge, to the point of maybe rushing headfirst into danger.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Sure, why not? I'll give this a go.

Name: Richard
Class: Dark Hunter
Portrait: 3

A rather gruff and rude person, but he's also quite the adventurous archaeologist. Unfortunately, he's rather disagreeable, and fairly hard to get along with. Really, the only reason his expedition teams kept him around was because he was good at his job. If it weren't for that, he would have been kicked out in a heartbeat. Despite that, most of his expeditions went without incident, though he's been through a few hairy situations before. After finishing his last expedition, he heard about the town of Etria and the Labyrinth that appeared there. Taking his trusty whip and machete in hand, he set out for the Labyrinth. His reasons were threefold. For the thrill of the adventure, the potential findings, and the glory that awaited him. He just hopes that whoever he gets stuck with won't drag him down. He'll do anything to get what he wants. Emphasis on anything. After all, if there's a problem in the way, surely it could just be hogtied or cut down, right? He's good at that part at least. He's not above playing dirty, and will revel in it if that's what it takes to get these expeditions done.

"Look, pal. I don't care what you think about my fighting style. When you've gone through half the poo poo I've been through, you gotta do what it takes to survive. Also, be careful with that thing. I'll probably give it to a museum or something later."

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 26, 2017

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Dayum that's a good update. Unrest is pretty :krad: Really liked the inclusion of the background singers too. Can't fuckin wait for this game to come around globally so I can tear into it.

Oh right. Character.

Name: Reona
Class: Ronin
Portrait: 4, Grey-ish hair and a dark colored kimono, Ragnar has dibs on what he thinks would look best

A young girl of fourteen who wished to set out on a journey to find out more about her (far removed) grandfather Asriel who was said to be last seen headed towards the snowy landscapes of Lagaard, hoped to follow in his footsteps of becoming an adventurer. Unfortunately, lacking funds (or really any marketable skills outside basic Ronin training), sadly was stuck in the country of Etria, her home country. Hearing about the arrival of a new guild being formed, she was most assuredly at the front of the line when everything was said and done and hoped she could help with their exploration of the labyrinth and make her money to see her grandfather with her own eyes before he passed away. Despite her kimono saying otherwise, she is a cheerful and upbeat child, even if she knows more adult things (like a colorful vocabulary) than she may wish to let on during her studies of the Ronin styles, as well as being just the -slightest- bit pragmatic. She may look like she knows nothing, but you'll be surprised at what comes out of her little mouth.

"Alright, alright, I PROMISE to not **** it up this time mas- WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE KICKING ME OUT OF YOUR CLASSES?! THIS IS BULL****!"

Kemix fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 26, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, let's do this.

Name: Coriander
Class: Troubadour
Portrait: 3, with a sweet blue cloak

Coriander's seen a labyrinth or two in his day. Had his share of adventures. Or, at least, he's chock full of stories about labyrinths and adventures. He's written a whole lot of songs about them. It's kind of fuzzy whether he was there for any of the things he sings about, though. Sometimes, even Coriander can't remember what stories he was there for, which ones he heard about later, and which ones he just plain made up. When you tell as many as he does, they sort of all blend together. Coriander tells his friends that honesty is a core tenet of the Troubadour's Code (note: nobody else has ever heard of a "Troubadour's Code"), but that there's more than one kind of honesty. Maybe the content of his stories and songs isn't true, but if they get at something true, reveal a truth of the heart, a deep truth of the spirit, isn't that just as good?

Other tenets of the Code include loyalty to one's comrades-in-arms, knowing where to find the best ale in any town, and singing an appropriate song in every situation, even if nobody else thinks there is an appropriate song for that situation. For all his faults, ol' Cor holds to all of those and then some.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
I would like to remind everyone at this juncture that EO2 (and EO2U) takes place at least a year after EO1/EOU. :v:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Welp, let's see if I can get three characters out of three for your Etrian LPs.

Name: Annie
Class: Gunner
Portrait: 4th, with a blackened coat.

Living life as an inventor's not the easiest work. You have to figure out what people need, a creative way of fixing their problems, and actually making the product in the first place. It was pretty simple to find problems near Annie: There were always times where monsters would run into her little village, breaking down the gates, and even managing to vandalize whole neighborhoods. Even the hardiest Survivalists couldn't deal with so many attacks every night from different directions, and the Farmers definitely weren't strong enough to help much either. Annie herself was but a mere tinker, spending most of her time repairing the damage or making new furniture for everyone. So Annie stayed up a few nights, figuring out what worked against the monsters, make something to fix this long-term problem. She couldn't use a bow, but what about something easier to use? Something that could scare them off, like loud noises and fire...

It wasn't long until she invented a rather primitive gun, but it worked so well that they didn't have any serious issues afterwards. Word spread about how such a simple weapon could scare off even the hardiest Clawed Mole from destroying villages, ransacking buildings, killing people. For a time, Annie was the center of attention... Until there was word of that little-town-turned-sudden-adventurer-hotspot, Etria, finding and making guns from their Labyrinth. Older ones, reverse-engineered to make newer and better ones, far more advanced than anything Annie could make on her own. Oh, she tried keeping up, but every gun she invented afterwards literally exploded in her face. Her frustration led to a lot of soot on her clothes and the village more or less shunning her, especially since there were so many explosions coming from her house. This even carried over to the things she made for the village that weren't weapons exploding.

A few months later, she suddenly packed up and left for Etria herself, with only the blackened clothes on her back, the best gun she could manage to make, and as many explosives as possible. After all, if she couldn't make something better, the only thing she had to do was find it first, and put her name on it before anyone else could. And, hey, if she found anything else, more things in her name!

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Well, let's have some fun.

Name: Alexander (Alex if there isn't enough space)
Class: Landsknecht
Portrait: The one in pink armour but with blonde hair

Alexander always wanted to be a scholar but unfortunately for him, the world is too dangerous and filled with things like Dinogators and other dangerous but weird creatures. Because of it, his parents raised him to become a Landsknecht (don't ask me why they didn't raise him to be a Protector) to survive longer than an average scholar. Despite complaints that hitting angry creatures with swords is a likely way to get yourself killed, he complied because he's smart enough to realise that it's better than having nothing but your wits and your brain (which monster may find a delicacy). After learning everything about being a Landsknecht and decked out in pink armour that his mother requested a local blacksmith to make, much to his embarassment, Alexander sets off to Etria and join a local guild so that he can have great meatshields comrades to distract monsters while he observes their behaviours.

Don't mention his pink armour, he gets embarrassed. Don't make fun of it either, he gets angry because his mother gave it to him.

Pyro Jack fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 26, 2017

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
Name: Coille
Class: Landsknecht
Portrait: your recolor example

Being the youngest of ten daughters Coille has no brother - but not for a lack of trying on her parent's part.
Feeling the end of his strength approaching her father finally decided to give his secret techniques to his youngest child (he is still alive and well, just really tired of taking care of newborn children). So in accordance with her father's wishes Coille is now striving to be the world's greatest lumberjack!
Her only problem is that Landsknechts can not learn Chop whenever she finds a tree sufficiently remote, tall and old to be the founding of her legacy she gets attacked by a horde of monsters. In defending her life she has gained some renown as a warrior but she still had no opportunity to fell a single tree.
Hearing of a labyrinth consisting entirely of trees she set out towards Etria - surely it must be a lumberjack's dream come true!?

Coille is dutyful, optimistic and really, really tired of monsters lurking around her trees.

Name: Boll
Class: Protector
Portrait: 3 with darker skin and hair

After a life as a Gladiator Boll learned one thing and one thing alone: How to not die.
This is the reason he was released from the pit: He would win every fight simply by outlasting his opponent which fight promoters found hard to stir up any excitement for.
In his new life as a vagabound he decided to only fight for cute things.
Because he grew up in a dusty, murky dungeon surrounded by sweaty men fighting wild animals and each other for the spectator's amusement his definiton of cuteness includes: dogs of any size as long as they wear a collar, cacti, and people smaller than him (basically everyone) fighting monsters.

Boll is a gentle giant and tends to find cute things everywhere he goes (even if no one else agrees on their cuteness).

littlemusing
Sep 26, 2016

i hate adults who just answer with yes or no
Name: Forge
Class: Gunner
Portrait: Male 1 with black hair

The only son of pretty ordinary parents, Forge has a knack for tinkering and being monosyllabic.

This guy may find it difficult to say what he thinks, but adventure is his one true calling, or at least that's how he puts it. He's out to find some shiny guns for his collection, the stranger the design the better. He uses a plain gun for the usual outings, but his pride and joy is his personally hand-crafted harlequin gun (with party popper sounds too!). It PROBABLY can shoot actual bullets if it has to, but for now it's just his spare kept securely in a pouch attached to his thigh.

Don't ask him to explain it. He'll tell you it's funny with the straightest face you've seen.

The labyrinth sounded ripe with opportunities for rare materials which he'd like to experiment with. He'd love to dabble in alchemy on the side some time, studying both the sciences and magic when he's free. Studious, curious and straight-laced, he'll record everything in academic fashion (he hopes).

Aw yea always wanted to try one of these while lurking. Riffed off my actual GW2 character, who does indeed have said gun.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Dragoon trailer seems to have revealed more of the English class names for EOV. Looks like the changed names are:

Herbalist -> Botanist
Hound -> Rover (we already knew this one)
Cestus -> Pugilist
Necromancer -> Harbinger

Oh, and it looks like Earthrun is Earthlain for the English version.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Hmmm. They seem to be going the "Literal" route for the translations. I don't mind, though not sure how I feel about Earthlain over Earthrun

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Pugilist is a better name than Cestus

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, and I think Harbinger is more evocative and unique sounding than Necromancer, so I like that choice, too. Maybe they also thought Warlock and Necromancer might sound too similar as general "dark magic" users.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Botanist is certainly a strange choice though.

Oh yeah, now that we're in space I can talk about this: according to the artbook the original names of the races were Earthlings, Lunarians, and Martians.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 26, 2017

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Ragnar Homsar posted:

I would like to remind everyone at this juncture that EO2 (and EO2U) takes place at least a year after EO1/EOU. :v:
Techincally yes but still wrong. Just look at the totally OFFICIAL timeline that was not made by an idiot in five minutes :pseudo:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
God drat it Tristan Ranger, stop loving with the timeline :argh:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Clarste posted:

Botanist is certainly a strange choice though.
Can't have two class names that start with H unless you're EO2U and have too many classes.

I'm actually thinking Harbinger is the name for Reaper. R is taken by Rover but there's no other N class, so Necromancer is still available.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Name: Ein
Class: Hexer (portrait 3)

Ein was born in a family of hexers who decided on the day of his birth that he will take over the family business. Of course, this meant he actually spent a good deal of time hexing various things in order to earn a living. This earned his family plenty of animosity. Secretly Ein wanted to make a lot of friends and be super popular - but his upbringing meant his social skills weren't so hot. For starters, his taste in gifts is creepy (he thinks voodoo dolls and cursing implements are acceptable gifts), his compliments sound like insults (the more repulsive something looks, the more beautiful Ein thinks it is, and his "compliments" and comparisons reflect that) and of course his job was widely hated by every other person.

So when the Rhada announced the exploration of Yggdrasil, he jumped at the chance. He would leave his old job for this new one every other guy was doing, become a hero by exploring Yggdrasil and be super popular. Unfortunately, he never really fixed his personality and mannerisms, so normal ordinary people still find him creepy and rude. Ein still doesn't know why people get angry when he says they're as beautiful as an insect / monster / F.O.E, so it looks like the road to friendship will be a long and rocky one.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Can't have two class names that start with H unless you're EO2U and have too many classes.

I'm actually thinking Harbinger is the name for Reaper. R is taken by Rover but there's no other N class, so Necromancer is still available.

Ah, solid point, and that might actually make more sense. I think people are assuming Harbinger is Necromancer because it's in the back row in the video, though.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Also, no dragons, at all? No dragon trio?

We had a suspiciously similar plant woman type enemy right now.

Actually I do remember someone saying that the entire codex was new, but it just didn't occur to me that there isn't any dragon trio.

We have squirrels I guess.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

No dragons. They're completely gone. If they were in, I'm not sure if the classes' skillsets would have been able to handle them since the elemental walls are gone as well. The monster roster is entirely new.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Dr. Fetus posted:

No dragons. They're completely gone. If they were in, I'm not sure if the classes' skillsets would have been able to handle them since the elemental walls are gone as well. The monster roster is entirely new.

EOV is like the Gen V of Pokemon then. Down to some substitutes like Dryad.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017

Clarste posted:

Oh yeah, now that we're in space I can talk about this: according to the artbook the original names of the races were Earthlings, Lunarians, and Martians.

Lunarians are still there and Earthlings are probably Earthrun (or Earthlain).
So were bunnies or hobbits Martians? Or the scrapped oni race?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Kemix posted:

Hmmm. They seem to be going the "Literal" route for the translations. I don't mind, though not sure how I feel about Earthlain over Earthrun

-lain is an uncommon suffix that means more or less "inhabitant of", i.e. Earthlain is "the inhabitants of Earth".

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

werbear posted:

Lunarians are still there and Earthlings are probably Earthrun (or Earthlain).
So were bunnies or hobbits Martians? Or the scrapped oni race?

It was the bunnies, although I don't think they were bunnies at the time. They were also labeled as orcs iirc (the nickname of the "hobbits" was redacted in the artbook; it might literally have said hobbit). The general idea of the martial culture with superior physical abilities is unchanged though.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017

Clarste posted:

It was the bunnies, although I don't think they were bunnies at the time. They were also labeled as orcs iirc (the nickname of the "hobbits" was redacted in the artbook; it might literally have said hobbit). The general idea of the martial culture with superior physical abilities is unchanged though.

Thanks, so it was what I saw as an oni race - big with horns? There were a few of their pictures in the art book.
I also saw five races side by side so both bunnies and onis might have existed at the same time.
Five races with ten classes seems a better fit than four but something happened and they got removed.

Maybe that's why Edgar always wears his armor - he was planned to be of a race that no longer exists.
We would have had one town NPC of every race but now he is a mystery.
(Iirc there were some indications towards Earth...lain but I still believe that's a ruse and he is actually three Brownies stacked on top of each other.)

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

I'm an idiot and completely forgot about the pair of games that are so drat important to both, the franchise and it's lore. Etrian Mystery Dungeon

Here's version 2 now with EOMD alongside the best Super Arranged track ever

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Name: Metis
Class: Medic (Portrait 4)

Medicine tastes bad. If medicine tasted better, kids and adults alike might take it more readily. This was the heart of Metis's business philosophy when she set out with a wagon and a dream -- to earn enough money to prove to the medical establishment that her tonics work, both physically and psychologically, to improve overall wellbeing. It was a very logical plan, because Metis considers herself a rational, forward-thinking experimental pioneer. Much like her sister, a respected (albeit very short) medic with ages of experience under her belt -- but Metis was going to surpass even her!

Unfortunately, she ran into a snag: people think medicine that isn't bitter and gross isn't effective. Also, "rational, forward-thinking experimental pioneer" turned out to resemble "grifter trying to sell you sugar water with miscellaneous herbs in it" way more than she anticipated. That and her advertising campaign ("DELICIOUS MEDICAL ELIXIRS -- GUARANTEED PERFECTLY SAFE") quickly drove her to bankruptcy, whereupon she took a desk job as a secretary, doomed to obscurity as the world's only snake oil saleswoman whose snake oil actually [i]would[/i[ cure what ails you.

The Labyrinth is Metis's chance to reinvent herself -- to shed her reputation as a washed-up con artist and get into legitimate academia. All she has to do is prove her medicine actually works to preserve the lives of people in the world's riskiest profession. While not dying.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Name: Calum

Class: Highlander, first portrait

Calum is a young traveling mercenary that's always looking for a good fight. He's strong, independent, easily excited, and revels in the wonderful glory of battle! A true fight is one where both sides are brought to their absolute limit, and he revels in his...unorthodox moveset. Really, who doesn't love a good fight to the death? He's spent most of his life on the road, killing things, or getting paid to kill things. But as his skills have increased, he's become increasingly bored of his nomadic lifestyle. Having never really had a place to call home, he jumped at the chance to explore the Labyrinth of Etria when he heard about. Surely, this would be the place where he could truly put his spear to the test! He might even get lucky and die an honorable death in battle amidst bloodstained trees and fiery ruins after dealing the deathblow to a horrible god-dragon! Such are the daydreams that occupy him as he rides the slow carriage to the city. Of course, he's never been to a city before. Or really been around so many people. Come to think of it, he's never really worked in a team of five before? Or much of a team at all really.

Eh, I'm sure a life of solitude and battle hasn't stunted his social skills that much.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I make alive things dead and sometimes the other way around.
Genetta is just so hopelessly lovable, even when leading you to your imminent deaths.
The Oliphant fight is what I've been looking forward to this entire LP ever since it showed up and it's finally within reach.

OgretailFood posted:

Here's version 2 now with EOMD alongside the best Super Arranged track ever

Would you believe me if I said I un-ironically liked this song?

Also, new LP starting up soon? I gotta get in there!

Name: Emmett
Class: Troubadour
Portrait: 3
Bio: "Ah, have you not yet heard the tale? I'd be more than willing to oblige. For you see, legend tells of a hero, oft' mistaken as a mere myth, who roamed these lands e'er in search of a mysterious treasure, one long believed to be naught more than a fairy tale. That treasure was the source of all melodies, the very font of power from which Troubadours across the many lands of this world draw their strength from. What, thought ye that a mere ballad had the ability to embolden one's allies? But alas, as the months turned to years, nary a trace of this treasure had appeared. However, that is where our hero comes in. He was a mere Troubadour, much like I am, in search of this mythical treasure. He also had a glorious voice, mastered every instrument known to man, and an ental stash that could make kings weep, but that's neither here nor there. He scoured the globe in a relentless quest to bask in the glory of this treasure, but as the years turned to decades, his dedication bore no results. His hair turned gray, his voice became weaker, and his skills in combat waned. Nevertheless, his will was indomitable, until one faithful day, he chanced upon a fortuitous clue. Perhaps he ought not look upwards for answers, but seek the ground below him instead. Of course! The Yggdrasil labyrinth! So full of mysteries and wonders, it must contain the secrets that he pursues! And so, onward he marched, slowed not by age, exhaustion, or injury, into the depths of the Yggdrasil. Lo and behold, he reached the end of the labyrinth! Bruised, beaten, and tired, he regaled himself in his efforts as he was beholden to a sight no mortal had yet faced, living or otherwise. As he basked in its glory, he was granted the immense power to-"

"I'm going to stop you there, because I'm fairly certain that not only are you trying to boast about yourself, but a majority of that story was made up."

"...There's a non-zero chance that it wasn't."

Name: Valeria
Class: Survivalist
Portrait: 2
Bio: 'Archery isn't a sport - it's a lifestyle'. That's what Valeria always believed. She might as well have been born with a bow and arrow in hand. From the moment she had the strength to draw back the string, there wasn't a force that could stop her from practicing. It was a complete mess at first, arrows flying every which way (if they had even managed to leave the bow). Pretty much everyone in the area would end up bruised by the errant practice arrow. Her determination could not be quelled, however, and neither could her potential for growth. Her accuracy and draw strength improved over time. She was able to land shots at a distance of ten yards, twenty yards, thirty. She'd skip out on classes to sneak back to the archery range. Forty yards, fifty, sixty. Routinely, she would ignore her basic duties just to get a few more hours of practice. Seventy, eighty, ninety, a hundred yards with consistent results. For her, this is neither some hobby, nor is it a means to protect herself. This is life.

But soon enough, that lifestyle came into question. More and more, adventures started showing up with these weapons they called 'firearms'. Valeria could not see the appeal. You just point and pull the trigger? Where's the skill? The dedication? The respect for your target? These weapons were a slight to the very concept of ranged combat, and yet still people were craven enough to proclaim the age of archery to be over. She would not stand for that. She wanted to- no, she had to do something. But she was just one archer. A talented archer perhaps, but there are many far more talented and experienced than her, most of which didn't seem to see the danger she saw that firearms posed to their class. She needed some weight behind her words if she wanted to convince people to keep archery alive. Something grand, something that would ascend her to a legendary status... something no one has done before. It seemed the answer was clear. With nothing more than the clothes on her back and some saved ental, she made her way to Etria, having never fired at a living target once in her life. Whether her motivations were truly for archery and not her own desire to improve are yet to be determined. Only time will tell.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Official site for the game has significantly more info up.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

alcharagia posted:

Well of course it was, but much as it pains me to argue my point with Glazius, the best poster in LP, G Gundam is clearly the best implementation of martial artists communicating with their fists and therefore should be the gold standard by which all references are made, please and thank you.

G Gundam is a reference implementation of a lot of things. I'm pretty sure there has yet to be anybody quite so American as the surfer cowboy boxing football player with four girlfriends.

But wait - if martial artists communicate with their fists, isn't fighting someone to the death the same as saying you never want to talk to them again? Geez, Genessa got negged hard.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Zyxyz fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 11, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sure ill toss in a couple characters just to keep the trend going

Name: Afon
Class Highlander
Portrait: 3 with reddish brown hair. scarf/skirt is the same color, undershirt is a darker gray.
Bio:

Born with hearing that was 'spotty' at the best of times and rapidly degraded into near uselessness, Afon was abandoned by her parents - whoever they were - and picked up by a bandit/explorer by the name of Rick. Rick taught her everything he knew - and several things he didn't, considering he hunted down a book on sign language - and the result was a rambunctious, confident young woman who was eager to join her adoptive father on his misadventures. Unfortunately, her father, for all his positive qualities, was a pretty reckless man - he took himself and a few of his best men into the labyrinth to hunt down a beast, and never came back out.

Afon's quest isn't one for revenge - she knows full well that dozens of people have died to monsters in the labyrinth - but a quest to overcome her own fear, to prove that her father raised a strong fighter. She's rough around the edges (her favorite bit of sign language is a raised middle finger), loves drinking, and pretends to lipread better than she actually does, but she's also eager to please, brave in the face of danger, and loves drinking. The positive outweighs the negative, even for a bandit's daughter, right?

Name: Chance
Class: Survivalist
Portrait: 2 with dark blue hair, white cap/shirt/shoes, and black cape/shorts/belt. The feather's black, too.

Bio:

Chance prides herself on two things: Journalistic integrity, and speed of said journalism. She runs a small, self-published newspaper that she mostly keeps running by badgering people into subscriptions for, and supports it with actual books: history, fiction, historical-fiction, and a few romance novels, pretty much anything that comes to mind and lets her put pen to paper. She loves the written word before anything, and she's quick to sketch portraits to go with the articles, or bother random passerby for their thoughts on whatever subject of the day.

The labyrinth, of course, is a goldmine for stories: interviews with fellow adventurers, documentation of all the wildlife and the various herbs, meats, and ores that can be found in it, and the story of adventure itself. She isn't expecting to go too deep into it, but she's been a decent shot from her youth, what with her mom taking her hunting. She spent most of the trips bothering her uncle for his opinions on hunting licenses and whether the government should implement them, but still. What could go wrong?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Update 41. Are you ready for a fun surprise?

Not just one boss to vote for...

But two! It's wondrous, I know!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

For Oliphant I vote for Iseria, Raven (death bringing), Lanzon (destroying), Kaelin (six ways)

For zombie I vote for Kaelin (elements), and Ragnar choice x3 because I can't chose.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oliphant: Raven (Death-bringing), Gram (Falcon), Mio (Wrath), Kaelin (Six Ways)

Dragon Zombie: Alexis, Kaelin (Elements), Cecil (Combo), Mio (Love)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

That zombie boss is... uh, interesting. And really cheap. Really cheap.

Bosses who capitalise on curse are pretty awful and then there's this guy.

• Locked thread