Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Yeah, the scavenging system in this game really needs instanced/shared loot. If it were, you could have one outlander who's actually contributing to the team by running around and finding all the chests in a level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

ImpactVector posted:

Yeah, the scavenging system in this game really needs instanced/shared loot. If it were, you could have one outlander who's actually contributing to the team by running around and finding all the chests in a level.

I guess I kinda agree with this? I like playing Outlander, and finding a purple chest feels good because YOU got it, but this has led to playing with teams of nothing BUT Outlanders trying to get to chests first, and this is counter-productive. Though it is fun having multiple Outlanders and having big Loot Llama parties.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

You also have to take into consideration there is an edition past limited, the ultimate edition. Try to find a standard edition from someone who has bought the limited (they get two)/ultimate (they get 4). You can always upgrade later if you like the game.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Skandranon posted:

I guess I kinda agree with this? I like playing Outlander, and finding a purple chest feels good because YOU got it, but this has led to playing with teams of nothing BUT Outlanders trying to get to chests first, and this is counter-productive. Though it is fun having multiple Outlanders and having big Loot Llama parties.
It would totally give me a warm fuzzy feeling to find a sweet purple chest and know that everyone got something from it.

On the other hand, I'd also like to feel like I can take a break and play something else once in a while. But I can't give up that Keen Eye buff.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Games fun but man so much of it isn't explained. I just thought the mission maps had you b-line for the objective I didn't know there was stuff to find, I found a transparent bear statue that then randomly turned solid gold but I couldn't do anything with and still have no idea what it was for. Going back to last mission map from the map screen was how I figured out there were timed bonuses and random missions that cropped up there. A lot of this has so far been stumbling through menus and figuring out things exist with no mention from the game

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

ImpactVector posted:

It would totally give me a warm fuzzy feeling to find a sweet purple chest and know that everyone got something from it.

On the other hand, I'd also like to feel like I can take a break and play something else once in a while. But I can't give up that Keen Eye buff.

Or Anti-Material Punch... but then again, that's mainly so I can get through walls faster so I get the loot screw you suckers!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
This game has so much hand holding that I'm stunned with people wanting more tutorial. The game is pretty overt with the "DO THIS BONUS OBJECTIVE."

And why would anyone think they couldn't or shouldn't explore?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

This game has so much hand holding that I'm stunned with people wanting more tutorial. The game is pretty overt with the "DO THIS BONUS OBJECTIVE."

And why would anyone think they couldn't or shouldn't explore?

Probably because the bonus objectives that give you better loot at the end of the mission by upgrading the chest you get have, so far, discouraged exploring. Drop the ATALAS within three minutes, compete entire mission within this many minutes, finish mission before two in game days pass. All the stuff that gives you bonuses at the end of a mission doesn't support exploration

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Skandranon posted:

Or Anti-Material Punch... but then again, that's mainly so I can get through walls faster so I get the loot screw you suckers!
I always forget I have that. But then again, I'm almost always running on fumes for stamina.

For me the main other thing I'd miss would be Passing Zone. Pickaxe something 5 times for a 15% (IIRC) speed boost? Yes please. Everyone else seems so slow afterwards.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

ImpactVector posted:

I always forget I have that. But then again, I'm almost always running on fumes for stamina.

For me the main other thing I'd miss would be Passing Zone. Pickaxe something 5 times for a 15% (IIRC) speed boost? Yes please. Everyone else seems so slow afterwards.

It's dangerous, I've destroyed purple chests with it being a little too zealous...

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Skandranon posted:

My first rare hero has this and I love it. I just bust into every house like the kool aid man.

e: Every time I punch through a boulder I think of Chris Redfield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xuXkVzBdJQ

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 26, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Wow!
I just got a jackpot llama from the collection book.
Do they always boost up to gold? Because uh... I got some nice stuff out of that.

Now if only I could get a rifle defender that wasn't a level 1/1 grey. It's killing me. There's a quest to upgrade a defender but I literally can't.

Anyway, this game rules. I love it.
The daily XP bonus that you get? That seems to roll over indefinitely. I have 15,000+ banked since I only play 1-2 matches a day.

As far as I'm aware, having also gotten that llama and also hearing about other people, that Jackpot Llama you get from the collection book (at level 13 I think?) does in fact always turn gold.

It gave me my Epic Ninja, and a Mythic Lead Survivor, among other things and is otherwise awesome.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

AegisP posted:

As far as I'm aware, having also gotten that llama and also hearing about other people, that Jackpot Llama you get from the collection book (at level 13 I think?) does in fact always turn gold.

It gave me my Epic Ninja, and a Mythic Lead Survivor, among other things and is otherwise awesome.

I got two legenday schematics but they were both sniper rifles and snipers in any game can eat a dick.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

BadLlama posted:

I got two legenday schematics but they were both sniper rifles and snipers in any game can eat a dick.

even sniper elite??

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Something I haven't seen mentioned is this is cross buy, buying it PC or PS4 lets you play on both versions transfering your data between each. Most epic games seem to do this I'm quite fond of it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

socialsecurity posted:

The free premium currency dries up pretty hardcore after the start and you are left without an effective way to grind for new weapons/heroes/anything fun really. That and at the moment the game rewards players for being selfish and not working with the team which is not great for long term game survival.

This sounds kinda lovely.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AegisP posted:

Makes sense for something like that to be guaranteed.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
For what it's worth, I've had very little problem progressing, but I thought this was a $60 regular game, and having access to a class I wanted to play right out the gate SIGNIFICANTLY added to my enjoyment. That, and playing with a group of friends who are super into these games.

I've found that personally, treating games like this + warframe like regular AAA $60 experiences tends to give me the best fun/value, but ymmv.

A single friend to give you a sweet purple gun so that you can contribute at higher levels faster also makes the game WAY more fun. I am willing to give some goons some purple pistols if anyone wants.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

s.i.r.e. posted:

This sounds kinda lovely.

It looks like the daily quest rewards 50 premium currency. Basic premium llama is 100/pop, so you could just cash that in every other day. That's probably going to irritate some people. This game is probably not for you if this pace sounds too slow.

E: Time-limited llamas are variable cost. For example, today's is "on markdown" to 1000, from 1500, for "at least one legendary ranged schematic."

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

TwingeCrag posted:

For what it's worth, I've had very little problem progressing, but I thought this was a $60 regular game, and having access to a class I wanted to play right out the gate SIGNIFICANTLY added to my enjoyment. That, and playing with a group of friends who are super into these games.

I've found that personally, treating games like this + warframe like regular AAA $60 experiences tends to give me the best fun/value, but ymmv.

A single friend to give you a sweet purple gun so that you can contribute at higher levels faster also makes the game WAY more fun. I am willing to give some goons some purple pistols if anyone wants.

The hump usually hits most people midway/near the end of the second zone, speed is great until then.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
So the game has guaranteed legendary packs, occasionally. Looks like at normal price they take a full month worth of daily mission income. They automatically level up to gold, so don't freak out when it happens. Seems like a good epic rate inside of them, also. I'm a little curious if you could get more epics from 15 standard llamas, but it's probably better to grab the guaranteed legendary (or two). Ranged weapons today. Came with 100 founders coins, so it's the correct choice on that perspective, too.

EDIT: Also, some alerts give store currency as well. Depending on if there's an alert per day cap or just bugs (I don't see any alert rewards after doing two alerts) it may be worth avoiding alerts unless they give currency.

TheBlandName fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 27, 2017

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I am concerned reading about how bad the grind gets late game. Your supply of llamas, vbucks and skill points dries up and it costs a huge amount to upgrade all your survivor slots for better stats. You need to retire/recycle a lot of stuff or open a lot of llamas to get the manuals needed to evolve and buckets of XP.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
I picked this up on Xbox to play with some destiny clan mates and it turns out I enjoy it more then they do. If anyone is on Xbox hit me up GT somezer0

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Carecat posted:

I am concerned reading about how bad the grind gets late game. Your supply of llamas, vbucks and skill points dries up and it costs a huge amount to upgrade all your survivor slots for better stats. You need to retire/recycle a lot of stuff or open a lot of llamas to get the manuals needed to evolve and buckets of XP.

So your end game has a lower arbitrary number next to it than someone else, oh well. I'm talking about mission difficulty, by the way. Trying to run the hardest missions with really bad RNG luck would be maddening.

If that affects your enjoyment of the core gameplay loop then you probably want to give anything with the free to play model a miss. If you're okay with your personal end-game being 35%-70% of the way through endlessly repeated content stretched together with two or three lines of dialogue then the guaranteed legendary pulls do a hell of lot to make this a very friendly F2P structure compared to some other games.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The random mission objective placements are great.
I just had one where the Atlas was in an alley. All we had to do was make a bunch of walls on either side and sweep the nearby parking lot.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

socialsecurity posted:

The free premium currency dries up pretty hardcore after the start and you are left without an effective way to grind for new weapons/heroes/anything fun really. That and at the moment the game rewards players for being selfish and not working with the team which is not great for long term game survival.

You should really qualify that last part - people in this game are on a whole extremely friendly and cooperative. In some cases you will often find "pubbies" like to overbuild and overmine for resources resulting in longer missions than necessary. You can mitigate this by starting the mission whenever you drat well please and forcing them to participate on your timeframe.

Game challenge ramps up significantly in Plankerton and the only major drawback in my opinion is currently the F2P drip is definitely too slow.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Hoo boy, that first class 2 fight the storm mission in Plankerton is bracing. Didn't help that both Atlases dropped in basically a wide open field with spawns all around.

I've been able to blaze through the story quests so far with no problem but now I think its time to stop and work on evolving a few weapons/traps so I have a decent arsenal. My Rattler has been carrying the day, time to level that bad boy up more. :black101:

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 27, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Vitamin P posted:

Putting guns in the Collection Book puts the schematic in, not just a gun. Now I have no guns.

On this topic:

Anything that is set as a Favorite can't be recycled/retired/collected as long as it's set as a favorite. Immediately setting items of interest as a Favorite will help avoid unintentional loss of those items. If you want to put the item in the book, or recycle/retire it you can always un-favorite it later to do so.

tl;dr: Got a potentially awesome hero/survivor/defender/schematic? Favorite it.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I've got keys $25 a pop if anyone wants in on standard hit me up on Discord(paypal.) Akumos#9076 - same I had to end up paying for one last night. Just used it as a stepping stone to upgrade cheaper.

edit: 3 keys left, sold 1 to zerric.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 27, 2017

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Apparently weapon DPS that shows in the armory is based on your currently active squads, so none of the numbers in that goon weapons spreadsheet (none of mine at least) are going to be accurate.

Too lazy to rip everyone out of their squads right now to copy out the base numbers. Change that column to rating maybe?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Inzombiac posted:

The random mission objective placements are great.
I just had one where the Atlas was in an alley. All we had to do was make a bunch of walls on either side and sweep the nearby parking lot.

Yeah it's always nice when it's next to a cliff face or something, makes it much easier to plan. We had an Atlus once in an alley like that too, it was all good until with 30 seconds a little horde erupted through one of the buildings right next to it, little fuckers had burrowed through the building like termites.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
The best thing is if you are next to a building with a basement. If you destroy the house and hollow out the basement, leaving no way to escape from its depths, any husk thrown in there will die. Played with some goons who assembled wall launchers facing into it. It was great fun to just watch fistfulls of husks instantly die as soon as they hit to bottom.

Also notice for everyone, the husks do take fall damage but it isn't a lot. They will be stunned by the impact though. A low level launcher is not impressive but a legendary floor launcher can catapult them about six or so wall sections up. Maybe you can assemble wall dart towers or something? I do not know yet what happens if they hit a roof.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Anyone else experiencing a weird audio bug sometimes when headshotting? It's a really loud obnoxious popping/static noise.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Akumos posted:

Anyone else experiencing a weird audio bug sometimes when headshotting? It's a really loud obnoxious popping/static noise.

The only audio glitch I get is Pop and Ray occasionally trying to blast out my eardrums with their voice clips at max volume.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
**EDIT - SOLD** I have one key left for anyone interested - $20 or $25 if you're feeling generous. Discord is SoggyGravy#8736

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 27, 2017

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Reshade works well with Fortnite and helps remove the AA blur + makes it more vibrant.

Use the same method you use for PUBG shown here, but use my pic below to see what file to modify instead.

https://www.gameskinny.com/hkstb/how-to-use-reshade-with-pubg

https://puu.sh/wUnA1/36aaf8fcf2.png

Max AA/Textures(no PP/shadows) without reshade. https://puu.sh/wUnBQ/c2e1bf719c.png

Same but with Adaptive sharpen + clarity rehsade. https://puu.sh/wUo0s/5ee0933fbc.png

Now adding Technicolor2 on top of it, makes everything more vibrant and cartoony which I like. https://puu.sh/wUo2u/12e691af34.png

Basically no performance impact that I saw, maybe a couple FPS max if that.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Vitamin P posted:

Yeah it's always nice when it's next to a cliff face or something, makes it much easier to plan. We had an Atlus once in an alley like that too, it was all good until with 30 seconds a little horde erupted through one of the buildings right next to it, little fuckers had burrowed through the building like termites.

That reminds me, it becomes pretty standard later missions that you destroy just about everything that can be destroyed around the objective and replace it with constructed walls, if only for the ability to repair and upgrade. Sure, the two houses on the side LOOK nice, but a few determined husks will get through and there's not a lot you can do to mitigate the damage besides constantly running in to take care of them.

Also gently caress trees between the objective and the spawns. Destroy them all.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
This game is way more fun than I thought it would be. It's nice that I can just create a private mission and gather resources and explore as much as I want.

There are also way more build-able shapes than I thought thee were initially.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

the panacea posted:

This game is way more fun than I thought it would be. It's nice that I can just create a private mission and gather resources and explore as much as I want.

There are also way more build-able shapes than I thought thee were initially.

Trying to build those radar towers actually helps you learn the different poo poo you can make, still not worth it but fun to do once or twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

dont loving spend $200 on this wtf
Im level 7 now and everythings still way too easy. got away with some missions without even building anything. also theres waaay too many systems in play that have little to no bearing on the game. at least it looks nice

• Locked thread