Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
hello. play nuclear throne and brigador and monolith instead of binding of isaac and gungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

WTF.
https://fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation

I'd also link the "Free Games (that used to be not free) thread in the OP, just because the Steam thread is the de-facto "gaming in general" thread atm.

More Far Cry: Brotherhood impressions.

I deeply, genuinely, sincerely utterly hate the save system in this game.

There's a mission in the game that sends you to Shangri-La. First, you have to climb up to a house at the top of a mountain (none of the nearby spawning locations have a gyrocopter, so either fly there from far away, or slowly climb).

Then you have to make your way from the house to an island more or less nearby (2-3 minutes). Then you have to kill the guards and climb around some more inside a cave. Then you access Shangri-La, and have like 10 minutes of cutscenes before you get to play.

As I was playing the game specifically noted that it was making a checkpoint IN Shangri-La. Regardless, I also saved manually before quitting.

When I came back to the game, it dropped me outside the cave that would lead me to Shangri-La(!). I was in no mood to go back to it through 10 minutes of cutscenes, so I decided to loot some items nearby. Even though I was allowed to wander around while I was heading towards the cave, now that I actually gazed upon it, I wasn't allowed to stray - the game smacked me on the hose failed the mission, and respawned me right back at the cave entrance.

Fair enough, I just quit the loving mission. Wandered around the island for a bit, looted everything worth looting, then headed back to the cave. "Oh, you're gonna play it like that", said the game. "Well, you don't get to access Shangri-La by just waltzing up to the cave that contains the entrance, gently caress you very much. It's blocked until you start the mission properly. Go back to the house in the mountains, THEN go back to the cave, then go through Shangri-La, and never even DREAM about quitting the game when you haven't completed the mission."

Eat my poo poo, Ubisoft.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Palpek posted:

A round of applause to all the fresh new posters soon-to-be regulars that will surely arrive to make great posts...right?

At your service!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

IronicDongz posted:

hello. play nuclear throne and brigador and monolith instead of binding of isaac and gungeon

counterpoint: Isaac has workshop integration and Nuclear Throne, Monolith and Gungeon do not. Brigador doesn't need more content as much as the others and is perfect if you're into that kind of game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Goodpancakes posted:

At your service!
Hello, grab a cup of hot cocoa and make yourself comfortable in this poster-friendly and nice thread on all things Steam.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Xander77 posted:

WTF.
https://fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation

I'd also link the "Free Games (that used to be not free) thread in the OP, just because the Steam thread is the de-facto "gaming in general" thread atm.

More Far Cry: Brotherhood impressions.

I deeply, genuinely, sincerely utterly hate the save system in this game.

There's a mission in the game that sends you to Shangri-La. First, you have to climb up to a house at the top of a mountain (none of the nearby spawning locations have a gyrocopter, so either fly there from far away, or slowly climb).

Then you have to make your way from the house to an island more or less nearby (2-3 minutes). Then you have to kill the guards and climb around some more inside a cave. Then you access Shangri-La, and have like 10 minutes of cutscenes before you get to play.

As I was playing the game specifically noted that it was making a checkpoint IN Shangri-La. Regardless, I also saved manually before quitting.

When I came back to the game, it dropped me outside the cave that would lead me to Shangri-La(!). I was in no mood to go back to it through 10 minutes of cutscenes, so I decided to loot some items nearby. Even though I was allowed to wander around while I was heading towards the cave, now that I actually gazed upon it, I wasn't allowed to stray - the game smacked me on the hose failed the mission, and respawned me right back at the cave entrance.

Fair enough, I just quit the loving mission. Wandered around the island for a bit, looted everything worth looting, then headed back to the cave. "Oh, you're gonna play it like that", said the game. "Well, you don't get to access Shangri-La by just waltzing up to the cave that contains the entrance, gently caress you very much. It's blocked until you start the mission properly. Go back to the house in the mountains, THEN go back to the cave, then go through Shangri-La, and never even DREAM about quitting the game when you haven't completed the mission."

Eat my poo poo, Ubisoft.

What is Far Cry Brotherhood? Google turns up nothing by that name.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I think it's DLC for Far Cry 4.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

WirelessPillow posted:

personally am super excited for Ys VIII to see how it changes things

Same. When I built a gaming pc after the death of my PS3 some four years or so ago my major fear was that my love of JRPGs wouldn't be possible to indulge. Yet the gaming gods smiled upon me. Seriously I'm so happy that I somehow got into PC gaming right as JRPGs started actually getting released on the loving platform.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

play deathstate and tangledeep

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

It's the new cool word for Far Cry 4, which is totally going to catch on any day now.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Fresh thread to improve loading times and to hopefully attract people who were scared off at the previous thread being 4000+ pages long.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
play Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book and Bastard Bonds and Tyranny

and Nights of Azure

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Jim Barris posted:

play Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book and Bastard Bonds and Tyranny

and Nights of Azure

Play the Trails in the Sky games. Also Trails of Cold Steel comes out August 2nd and Durante's pretty much been contracted to do the PC port.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i hope we get the better atelier games soon

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

havenwaters posted:

Play the Trails in the Sky games. Also Trails of Cold Steel comes out August 2nd and Durante's pretty much been contracted to do the PC port.

Durante has been blogging about porting Trails of Cold Steel. He's a team of 1 porting it.

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Anyone try out Citadel: Forged with Fire? If so, how is it? It's another one of those open world builders but doesn't have the survival element. Has PvP too, but I'm not terribly interested that sort of aspect in these kinds of games.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

havenwaters posted:

Everyone listen to this man! He speaks true.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

By the way, was there ever any objections raised towards Steam Economy Enhancer being a non-skeevy market mod to replace the one that got bought out by a skin reseller?

It requires a plugin along the lines of greasemonkey or tampermonkey, but seems fit for purpose.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jim Barris posted:

and Nights of Azure

How is Nights of Azure without a controller?

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Hello new version of the Steam thread, I have been playing Immortal Redneck and been having a lot of fun with it. In small bursts though since for some reason the game likes to make my computer overheat (probably on the verge of needing to replace some things I'd wager since it's a few years old).

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Just a reminder that Titanfall 2 owns and they finally added Frontier Defense into the game which is a kicking rad wave based co-op mode.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

How is Nights of Azure without a controller?
idk. I used my dualshock. Can't imagine it's too bad.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Monolith is pretty cool and the recent update added even more content on top, so definitely keep an eye on it.

Card Quest is the bee's knees. I thought it'd suck. Instead, it sucked me in. If you like challenging card games without min-maxing hundreds of randomly dropped cards, this is the game for you.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

To the person asking about CooP in Titanfall 2:

1. Play single player first, it teaches you all the movement mechanics and Titan mechanics. Also it is cool and has a lot of really neat set pieces.

2. Don't get all hung up on not having a ton of unlocks:
- All the "best" guns are already unlocked! You start with the Rifle and CAR-SMG. Everything else is variants
- You unlock stuff pretty quickly...

and most importantly,

- You can level up and unlock stuff in the coop mode!

But seriously, play some Attrition too, its fun!

The big problem with Titan Defence (coop) at the moment is the lack of maps. Its only on 5 maps currently, but more are coming.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

steem

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

2nd page counts as ground floor on a thread this size

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Wages have not kept pace with inflation man come on you know this.

I paid $18 for Pyre and don't regret it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Snuffman posted:

To the person asking about CooP in Titanfall 2:

1. Play single player first, it teaches you all the movement mechanics and Titan mechanics. Also it is cool and has a lot of really neat set pieces.

2. Don't get all hung up on not having a ton of unlocks:
- All the "best" guns are already unlocked! You start with the Rifle and CAR-SMG. Everything else is variants
- You unlock stuff pretty quickly...

and most importantly,

- You can level up and unlock stuff in the coop mode!

But seriously, play some Attrition too, its fun!

The big problem with Titan Defence (coop) at the moment is the lack of maps. Its only on 5 maps currently, but more are coming.

Thank

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Xander77 posted:

It's the new cool word for Far Cry 4, which is totally going to catch on any day now.

I ended up liking Far Cry Primal a hell of a lot more then Far Cry 4 by the by. Maybe try that one out?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Ikari Worrier posted:

Hello new version of the Steam thread, I have been playing Immortal Redneck and been having a lot of fun with it. In small bursts though since for some reason the game likes to make my computer overheat (probably on the verge of needing to replace some things I'd wager since it's a few years old).

Yeah, I've been playing this one a lot too. It's so much more fun than Ziggurat. It has that addicting unlock tree thing that I loved with rogue legacy. Even when you have a bad run, it's still fun. I'm still on the first pyramid, but I hope the others will have different enemy types.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rookersh posted:

I ended up liking Far Cry Primal a hell of a lot more then Far Cry 4 by the by. Maybe try that one out?

Don't use survival mode though, it's bugged.

The game has legendary beasts you can tame but the caveat is if they die in survival mode, they're gone forever... and beast AI is loving retarded, they'll also teleport if you get too far away and in survival mode that means they'll just outright despawn lol

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Your beast friend quit and it's never coming back.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

counterpoint: Isaac has workshop integration and Nuclear Throne, Monolith and Gungeon do not. Brigador doesn't need more content as much as the others and is perfect if you're into that kind of game.

if youve really got such a huge boner for workshop integration then get serious sam's bogus journey instead of binding of isaac

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The problem is that isaac needs its workshop integration to be worth playing. Throne does not.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

if youve really got such a huge boner for workshop integration then get serious sam's bogus journey instead of binding of isaac

The boner's not for workshop integration, it's for infinite new content (some of it is really quite inventive like the math mod) due to a sizeable fanbase for a decent game. Serious Sam's Bogus Journey looks okay, but it's not got the same type of charm as the item mixtures in good ol' TBOI.

Digirat posted:

The problem is that isaac needs its workshop integration to be worth playing. Throne does not.

I disagree, though I will say Isaac becomes a lot better once everything is unlocked. Really dumb design decision there IMHO. Throne's great but the weapons and level ups are fairly tame. If the weapons and abilities went to Luftrausers level of crazy I'd have twice as many hours in Nuclear Throne.

E:

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

gonna be streaming Dead Cells, which is by far my favorite game of the year so far, at http://twitch.tv/sofajusticewarriors, for the next few hours.

you mixed up steam thread and stream thread

HerpicleOmnicron5 fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 26, 2017

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

gonna be streaming Dead Cells, which is by far my favorite game of the year so far, at http://twitch.tv/sofajusticewarriors, for the next few hours.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Anyone try out Citadel: Forged with Fire? If so, how is it? It's another one of those open world builders but doesn't have the survival element. Has PvP too, but I'm not terribly interested that sort of aspect in these kinds of games.

It's bad even for a pump and dump survival game.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Friends I am thinking I might buy Football Manager. It might be time.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

HopperUK posted:

Friends I am thinking I might buy Football Manager. It might be time.

Football Manager is the best manager game out there, though if it's your first one you should probably check out Motorsport Manager as a good entry tier management game to ease yourself into things. Also, grab it on sale at a local games shop if ever possible, that's where they're usually the cheapest. Got my copy of FM 17 for £10 at the local GAME in March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Grab Football Manager while its cheap. Don't worry about getting the next version, they're never really that much different anyway.