Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The one thing I always remember about Miz's Wrestlemania entrance was how great it was... and then at the very, very end of it they cut to those stupid loving puffy letters on the entrance ramp spelling AWESOME :cripes:

I honestly don't remember this match at all, even reading the description none of it rings any bells, even Miz's victory. Part of the issue with having two on one show I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

The one thing I always remember about Miz's Wrestlemania entrance was how great it was... and then at the very, very end of it they cut to those stupid loving puffy letters on the entrance ramp spelling AWESOME :cripes:

I honestly don't remember this match at all, even reading the description none of it rings any bells, even Miz's victory. Part of the issue with having two on one show I guess.

It's a very bad match that involves Cena selling deadly soupbones from Iron Mike Mizanin, has Miz kicking out of an AA after already being saved from one by heel shenanigans, and the whole thing is transparently booked with the Rock as Poochie.

As has happened with many people that they pushed as champion, the whole thing expertly sabotages Miz as a person to care about or for the company to make money with.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've been enjoying reading these, especially from the time after I really stopped watching wrestling full-time (after 2008), but when I saw this...

oldpainless posted:

#7. Money in the Bank. July 18, 2010 in Kansas City, Missouri.

Kane would cash in later that night on Rey Mysterio after Rey beat the previous MITB winner, Jumpin Jack Swagger. He would then go on to give the people what they wanted, what they needed, 3 (three) lovely PPV matches in a terrible but good feud with his brother The Undertaker. As I said in the introductions, Kane was searching for his brother's unknown attacker who had put the Undertaker in an unresponsive coma. That person would turn out to be Kane.

I can't believe they literally recycled a plotline from Smackdown vs. Raw 2006. For those that haven't played it, in the Smackdown storyline of SvR '06, Smackdown GM Teddy Long is hit by a car. The majority of the season up until after the Royal Rumble is spent with your chosen wrestler or CAW running around and getting into fights trying to find out "who ran over Teddy Long?" There are two ways this story can go. In one branch, it turns out that Chris Jericho ran over Teddy Long in order to put him out of action so RVD and other ECW alums (at least those that were in the game) could revive ECW on Smackdown.

In the other branch, turns out the player did it. So it's entirely possible you spent 3/4 of the Smackdown Story mode trying to find out who ran over the GM only to find out that it was you all along. There is literally nothing different in any of the cinematics up to this point that would even suggest you'd done so (and to be honest I'm not even sure what causes the story to change).

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Those matches with Lawler were actually really good, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Xerzes posted:

Those matches with Lawler were actually really good, though.

Yes, but mostly through sheer force of Lawler. To the point people were down with the idea of Jerry "The King" Lawler as WWE champion in TYOOL Two Thousand & Eleven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

To me, it's not about match quality at that point. It's about a guy you presumably want to make a main eventer being a month away from defending the title in the main event st what's supposed to be the biggest wrestlemania ever and he's feuding with a retired 60 year old commentator.

• Locked thread