Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde
I think I am Switching incorrectly.

1. Buy Switch and pro controller.
2. Buy Zelda, Bomberman, and Blaster Master remake.
3. Joy Cons have never left the system, and system has never left the dock outside of initial testing.
4. Despite Zelda and Blaster Master being good (Bomberman is sadly completely awful), only play each game for about an hour then buy Disgaea 5 which I already beat the DLC-less version of on PS4.
5. Play Disgaea ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Playing the Switch at all is the correct way to Switch.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I turned the puzzles upside down to cheat them. Eat a dick, motion controls.

the only way

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does anyone still hold a candle for Bomberman R?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I never actually got around to playing it.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
anyone else been getting these surveys from nintendo?

i made sure to ask them for virtual console and stardew valley, so i think we can expect those soon

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
gently caress yeah, Rogue Trooper on the Switch!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM2CGr9DSU8

Also, loving lol at the comments: "Nintendo doing graphics comparaisons ??? Is this the real world?"

treiz01 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 26, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

spit on my clit posted:

Gyro controls in Splatoon 2 are good for looking up & down, but i had to crank the R stick sensitivity all the way up to make aiming left and right doable

I've just disabled motion controls, I find myself struggling to aim straight and actually hit people. If I limit myself to just the X-axis and always aim straight I find that I have much better luck hitting people, and that I ink more turf because I am hitting more ground at a distance rather than aiming down.

I know you can do some pretty insane stuff with motion controls, but I am not that person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ep2tJk8f0

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Never heard of this game. Is it a Halo

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

The one on GameCube was really great. Dodge battle, coin battle and regular battle were three amazing modes

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Wow I blazed through Spectre Knight. Game is great, the new movement mechanics play really well, now give us the King Knight campaign Yacht Club.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cojawfee posted:

I checked it out from my library and played through the campaign in co-op. It's... not great.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I turned the puzzles upside down to cheat them. Eat a dick, motion controls.

I just whipped my controller around so it would hit the ball like a tennis racket and that worked.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bomberman is alright, especially after the 60fps patch but I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I played Bomberman on my roommates' brothers Switch when he came down a few months ago. It's bomberman. If you like bomberman, you'll like it as much as any other bomberman. It's definitely not worth anywhere close $50 though. Half that maybe.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cojawfee posted:

I still enjoy it. Multiplayer is fun.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

I have played it twice with local multiplayer. Haven't touched any other modes.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

treiz01 posted:

gently caress yeah, Rogue Trooper on the Switch!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM2CGr9DSU8

Also, loving lol at the comments: "Nintendo doing graphics comparaisons ??? Is this the real world?"

It took two minutes for them to show any actual gameplay.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That looks cool I guess. Not $60 cool but $20 for sure.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dugong posted:

Wow I blazed through Spectre Knight. Game is great, the new movement mechanics play really well, now give us the King Knight campaign Yacht Club.
I really want King Knight to be extremely inspired by (in the same way Spectre feels inspired by Ninja Gaiden) Wario Land. Just running around collecting treasure and gold.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bill Barber posted:

I really want King Knight to be extremely inspired by (in the same way Spectre feels inspired by Ninja Gaiden) Wario Land. Just running around collecting treasure and gold.

That's such a good idea that now I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

crowbb posted:

3. Joy Cons have never left the system, and system has never left the dock outside of initial testing.
4. Despite Zelda and Blaster Master being good (Bomberman is sadly completely awful), only play each game for about an hour then buy Disgaea 5 which I already beat the DLC-less version of on PS4.
Mine was:

1. Accidentally buy 2 Switches (long story.)
2. Sell one to friend at MSRP+Tax.
3. Console came with Arms so play Arms but also buy and download Disgaea.
4. Play Disgaea mainly.
5. Buy and play Splatoon a bunch.
6. Keep playing Disgaea mostly.

Because I bought and played Zelda on the Wii U.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What's up with some kind of popping bubble shield over someone. I get a roller point blank on them and see a bubble pop around them and they live and then I die.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Feenix posted:

What's up with some kind of popping bubble shield over someone. I get a roller point blank on them and see a bubble pop around them and they live and then I die.

That's Ink Armor which is a special on some weapons that affects the entire team.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
*inhales deeply*

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

[Ed] holy poo poo this one guy has a full suit of Samurai armor!

A) how do I??

B) man I really get the impression (even if it is a ruse) that there is a ton of aesthetic content in this game.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 26, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I personally think all the "armor" outfits are supremely unfresh, despite owning all the amiibo.

Edit:

The Ninja suit is ok.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The Bloop posted:

I personally think all the "armor" outfits are supremely unfresh, despite owning all the amiibo.

Edit:

The Ninja suit is ok.

Oh is the samurai armor amiibo exclusive?

Also I guess Pants aren't an item in this game, eh? Just realizing...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

crowbb posted:

Yeah, playing Disgaea is the wrong choice

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

LethalGeek posted:

Zelda had motion control issues cause there was no press y to reset options you had to cancel out of whatever thing you were doing.
Just use the right stick to get in the general vicinity, and then use motion control to fine tune. I wish Splatoon had this setup - I really don't like that vertical camera control with the stick is disabled when motion controls are enabled. I'm pretty much just using the roller without motion controls because of it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Disabling Y-axis on the right stick really fucks with my brain, but I guess it's training me to rely more on motion controls, which is good?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

acksplode posted:

Disabling Y-axis on the right stick really fucks with my brain, but I guess it's training me to rely more on motion controls, which is good?

:same: I'm making a lot of diagonal stick moves that end up being too low or too high. I think I am going to watch that video posted up on this page

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah, playing Disgaea is the wrong choice

I'm moving onnnnnnnn
And you're so far awayyyyyyyyyy

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Corn Love main menu customization on switch WHEN nintendo?? :colbert:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

s.i.r.e. posted:

I thought you didn't need to use Big Picture for Steam in-home streaming, unless that's the only option for the Steamlink then yikes.

No, you misunderstand me; I'm saying they couldn't get that right (did it ever actually leave "beta"?) in the years it's existed, so don't expect them to get remote play right. Ever.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

acksplode posted:

Are you are playing splatoon so seriously that dual analog just wont cut it?

Ive used both and both are fine when you get them tuned correctly in the menu.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Motion controls are just better, my wrists and arms working together are much more precise than my right thumb. And I don't mind learning unintuitive controls in order to get better, I learned bumper jumper for Titanfall 2. Gitting gud is an important part of the gamer's journey...please respect it....

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Motion controls are better cause you can jump while turning.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bill Barber posted:

Motion controls are better cause you can jump while turning.

Bumper jumper allows this too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've never been able to use both shoulder buttons simultaneously myself. Fingers too cramped

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Motion controls just aren't good. I'm lying on the couch with the Switch in my hand and it's just not lining up properly and it's awkward turning and all that other stuff. No bueno. Wish they had more sensitivity options for no motion. Kinda lame that they don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

InFlames235 posted:

Motion controls just aren't good. I'm lying on the couch with the Switch in my hand and it's just not lining up properly and it's awkward turning and all that other stuff. No bueno. Wish they had more sensitivity options for no motion. Kinda lame that they don't.

They're actually fine

• Locked thread