Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Gorn Myson posted:

Grab Football Manager while its cheap. Don't worry about getting the next version, they're never really that much different anyway.

There's quite a fair bit in the backend that gets tweaked, personally I'm hoping that crossing gets nerfed a bit because headers are far, far, far too strong at the moment and are essentially a guaranteed way to score even with a bad team. like man u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I already have Motorsport Manager and I love it, thanks for the tip though! FM2017 is 11 quid on DLGamer at the moment. I think I'll go for it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

There's quite a fair bit in the backend that gets tweaked, personally I'm hoping that crossing gets nerfed a bit because headers are far, far, far too strong at the moment and are essentially a guaranteed way to score even with a bad team. like man u
I haven't got FM17 and I skipped FM16 too, but I'm curious if they did anything about the press conferences/private conversations/team talk stuff to make them less tedious, because they always struck me as an addition that just made the game more "realistic" without making it anymore compelling.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

hello. play nuclear throne and brigador and monolith instead of binding of isaac and gungeon

Nuclear Throne was too fast paced for me. The first couple of levels were fun, but I never felt like I was improving, even after over a dozen hours. Eventually the frustration of never progressing outweighed the fun of the game so I stopped. Isaac is, quite literally, more my speed.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Football Manager is the best manager game out there, though if it's your first one you should probably check out Motorsport Manager as a good entry tier management game to ease yourself into things. Also, grab it on sale at a local games shop if ever possible, that's where they're usually the cheapest. Got my copy of FM 17 for £10 at the local GAME in March.
I saw "football manager is the best manager game" and was ready to reply mentioning how amazingly good Motorsport Manager is... then I read the rest of your post. I can vouch that as a person who actually doesn't like the very bland version of management games (and has zero interest in soccer/footie) Motorsport Manager blew me away in how much fun it was.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
gently caress sherlock

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I really liked Just Cause 2 and JC3 is on sale but it sounds like a step down quality-wise from the reviews. Any better choices for open world mayhem I should be on the lookout for or are the reviews full of it?

going back to JC2 is also acceptable :v:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I really liked Just Cause 2 and JC3 is on sale but it sounds like a step down quality-wise from the reviews. Any better choices for open world mayhem I should be on the lookout for or are the reviews full of it?

going back to JC2 is also acceptable :v:

Eh, I don't know that I'd call it a step down. It's just more of the same but a bit more refined and colorful. If you're just as inclined to go back to JC2 I doubt you'd begrudge the $12 for JC3

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Eh, I don't know that I'd call it a step down. It's just more of the same but a bit more refined and colorful. If you're just as inclined to go back to JC2 I doubt you'd begrudge the $12 for JC3

I was mostly concerned by the claims of crashes and bad controls, but if that's not really a thing then yeah more of the same will suit me fine.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just a note, if you have a ps4 just cause 3 is free with ps+ next month

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

DaveKap posted:

I saw "football manager is the best manager game" and was ready to reply mentioning how amazingly good Motorsport Manager is... then I read the rest of your post. I can vouch that as a person who actually doesn't like the very bland version of management games (and has zero interest in soccer/footie) Motorsport Manager blew me away in how much fun it was.

Yeah, the way I look at it MM is the 'do you like this genre?' game, and all other management games are much more tailor made for their sport or field. Wish it had much more in terms of depth though, all told it's an exceedingly simple feedback loop. Still enjoyed the many hours I put in it on iOS and PC!

Gorn Myson posted:

I haven't got FM17 and I skipped FM16 too, but I'm curious if they did anything about the press conferences/private conversations/team talk stuff to make them less tedious, because they always struck me as an addition that just made the game more "realistic" without making it anymore compelling.

They tie in much more with other mechanics, like board expectations and player morale and behaviours. Ever since Leicester's big win in the Premier League, you can tell they honed the player management with that data in mind, giving you as the manager much more power with your words rather than just via stats. You can just delegate all that poo poo though if you want!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Speaking of JC3, I just had to under-clock my gpu to stop it from crashing, lol. loving PC gaming

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i dont like rise of tomb raider much :( i wanted to dammit

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Just Cause 3 is frustrating. There's so much good stuff in there--multiple grapple lines (which you can remotely contract), rocket pods you can attach to anything, free-ish movement around grappled vehicles, the wingsuit. There's a bunch of things I wanted so badly in JC2: a cargo plane with an interior you can drive stuff out of in mid-flight, planes that actually drop bombs, a free store, destructible bridges, derailable trains, a ship with a cannon on it. Yet, the execution of it all is very frustrating. It just doesn't have the ridiculous scale of JC2. Many of the features I just mentioned require unlocking by doing challenges. The initial load time is super long. Liberating towns (and "liberating" bases) is less frustrating than in JC2, but there's not that many of them, and they're less varied--there's no desert, no swamp, almost no mountain settlements. The game is quite unstable, and not well-optimised at all. The story missions are more serious, less campy.

It's not bad, but it loses a LOT of the previous game's strengths. I'd definitely pay $12 for it, though.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BeamNG is fantastic and I've personally clocked 228 hours in it since 2014. I just use it as a virtual playset and beat the poo poo out of various vehicles in various situations and have a blast.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Is the pc version of Motorsport manager significantly different from iOS? 34.99 seems steep compared to 4 bucks or whatever the mobile price is.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Just Cause 1 was bad, 2 was good, 3 was bad again...maybe 4 will be good??

I honestly really wonder what Avalanche is working on now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

nachos posted:

Is the pc version of Motorsport manager significantly different from iOS? 34.99 seems steep compared to 4 bucks or whatever the mobile price is.

Looks like the mobile version is just dots moving around a track. The PC version is completely 3D with all the cars modeled. What all can you do in the mobile version? Can you make setups, design new parts and build up your HQ?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
This should be the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJX4ytfqw6k

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I don't get it. Is there a meta-narrative with the supernatural stuff with Far Cry. I thought Brotherhood was about crazy fanatics. Or did I misread?

Also, the thread's new car smell is already gone. :smith:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jamfrost posted:

I don't get it. Is there a meta-narrative with the supernatural stuff with Far Cry. I thought Brotherhood was about crazy fanatics. Or did I misread?

the metanarratve is YOU ARE BAD WHITE MAN

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Jamfrost posted:

Forced memes are hard to interpret

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jamfrost posted:

Someone heard that the drug trips in FC3 were a fairly interesting twist, and that, since every animal now used the FC3:BD innovation, they needed something new. So they thought, hey, what if we do more of that, but a few different variations and with… you know… gameplay attached (and also a separate set of drug trips because you can't stray too far from a formula at UBI).

Also, it served as a neat excuse to make the player use the grappling hook more, and also set up the backstory of one of the quirky minibosses a bit more. Oh, and as the obligatory Far Cry bad metaphor about the corruption of whatever.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 27, 2017

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Oh... Well then. :v:
-
I might reconsider beamNG. I did enjoy the Car Boys series and I'm guessing it has much more stuff now and user generated content.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I actually really enjoyed Just Cause 3, for what it's worth. The thing that really made it shine for me was the badass wingsuit. Something about it just clicked for me. Flying through the fields of sunflowers, skimming as low as I could, it just felt loving awesome. The challenges for it were a ton of fun. There is a definite lack of variety in a lot of things, but it was enough for me to finish it which is more than I can say for alot of games.

The motorcycles sucked really bad, however. And the final fight is garbage.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Don't you need the latest Football Manager for accurate modeling of Brexit negotiations

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Cojawfee posted:

Looks like the mobile version is just dots moving around a track. The PC version is completely 3D with all the cars modeled. What all can you do in the mobile version? Can you make setups, design new parts and build up your HQ?

Yes you can do all that plus the whole young driver program, hiring and firing engineers, investing in next seasons car, dilemmas, etc

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

nachos posted:

Yes you can do all that plus the whole young driver program, hiring and firing engineers, investing in next seasons car, dilemmas, etc

I don't know then. Looking around, it seems like the PC version just adds more depth to all the features of the mobile game.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Baron posted:

I actually really enjoyed Just Cause 3, for what it's worth. The thing that really made it shine for me was the badass wingsuit. Something about it just clicked for me. Flying through the fields of sunflowers, skimming as low as I could, it just felt loving awesome. The challenges for it were a ton of fun. There is a definite lack of variety in a lot of things, but it was enough for me to finish it which is more than I can say for alot of games.

It definitely "clicked" in place for me a lot more than 2 did, for whatever reason that is. I also think the locale is the prettiest I've since since Witcher's Blood and Wine expansion

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Baron posted:

It's seriously maybe the worst boss fight I've played in a long loving time.

I think the mechanics and graphics of Just Cause 3 are loving great (save for the driving and shooting) but the structure is just such a bummer. The story takes itself way too seriously for how bad it is too.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Hello new thread.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I was catching up on the old thread the long way because I am literally insane (skimming it was a good way to kill time if I had an internet connection and little else), but I guess I don't have to now. Hi!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I dunno, I like Pyre, it looks beautiful.

But it ain't no bastion or transistor. Doesn't have to be the same though, so that's cool.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Waffle! posted:

Hello new thread.

I've never played those games. Are they any good?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Finally finished my downloads of DOOM and Pyre.

Both games are gorgeous. I beat DOOM on PS4, but I've been itching for a full replay. Also playing Pyre really helps in getting the whole sports thing. I bet high level play of it looks nuts.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

VolticSurge posted:

I've never played those games. Are they any good?

I told an old man that he sucks at Overwatch, and his hat is racist.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hello steam thread, can you recommend me the game with the best anime tits?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Leal posted:

Hello steam thread, can you recommend me the game with the best anime tits?

Unfortunately the answer is not Hatoful Boyfriend

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Im_Special posted:

Or, we can all post our game categories for 5 pages.

ok :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

What's under Simulation - Penguin?

Is it Sedna's World?