Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Bill Barber posted:

The coin tickets are way more important for the endgame than the XP ones. :unsmigghh:

I doubt I'll play as much as that, and I didn't have time to get to world 5 or whatever. You're probably right though. I'm just a filthy casual so anything that helps me unlcok more weapons with less playtime is good in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish they would just let people choose a ability load out instead of hiding them behind 9001 hours of gatcha grinding horseshit. It's the only part of these games I don't like and I thought they were changing it for 2 but they barely made it any better.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Riftling posted:

Is it fresher now? I need the hard hitting facts about this update.

Edit: I found the JP patch notes.

Loose translation summary:

Gear that had impossible abilities that were purchased from Annie's Splatnet shop (i.e. Stealth Junp on a Shirt) have been corrected with the Main Ability replaced with the default.

Fixed an issue viewing League Match data.

Following weapons have had the inked turf requirement for charging Specials updated:
  • Splat Dualies & Hero Replica - 180 to 170 (Tenta Missles)
  • Enperry Splat Dualies - 180 to 170 (Ink Jet)
  • Tentatek Splattershot - 190 to 210 (Ink Jet)
  • N-ZAP 85 - 180 to 200 (Ink Armor)
  • .96 Gal - 180 to 210 (Ink Armor)
  • Slosher & Hero Replica - 180 to 190 (Tenta Missiles)
  • Tri-Slosher - 180 to 210 (Ink Armor)
  • Mini-Splatling - 180 to 190 (Tenta Missles)

Worth mentioning that every Ink Armor weapon but the Splattershot Jr. (180 points for the curious) is in that list.

Doesn't mention fixing the ticket exploit, but that's not too surprising.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 27, 2017

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

good thing i grinded up 50 of both exp and money tickets :smug:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Can you imagine spending a year carefully tweaking exp and money gain, taking into account the few +50%'s and +100%'s of both money and exp, making sure that your metrics are perfectly aligned... And then at release, some dumb bug just screws up everything and now everybody levels up 1.5x faster and has way more money than expected.

I wouldn't be surprised if a future patch raises the price of stuff 1.25x for a month or two.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

pichupal posted:

Gear that had impossible abilities that were purchased from Annie's Splatnet shop (i.e. Stealth Junp on a Shirt) have been corrected with the Main Ability replaced with the default.

Wait so gear from her shop having different abilities was a glitch? lol, good thing I didn't bother to download that app yet. No reason to care about it now.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

How does Stealth Jump look to enemy players? Does it still pinpoint if you're close enough, or is the landing indicator just larger or something?

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Internet Kraken posted:

Wait so gear from her shop having different abilities was a glitch? lol, good thing I didn't bother to download that app yet. No reason to care about it now.

Not "different" abilities, just impossible ones, like a footwear-only ability appearing on headgear. The abilities are still unique compared to what's in shops.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Why were people complaining so much about Hero Mode's stage 19? It seemed pretty okay to me? Scroll was a bit of a fucker but it's set up to allow you to try again very quickly so...?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

The single player stages are so loving long and I hate like half of them. It's kinda disappointing.

I found them way more fun once I was speeding through them for the hero splattershot.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The hero splattershot is just a reskin of the regular spattershot and not the jr. right?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Yeah speed running them is the real poo poo. Might do it for the dualies and the umbrella, but not gonna get everything just yet lmao. That's what, 8*26 levels?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Man, I've been on a big losing streak, with utter poo poo for teammates, and I can't carry hard enough because I'm not really all that good. I finally get a decent team, and we're stomping them, and I get disconnected with 5 seconds left :(

Splatoon is making me sad tonight. I don't really care if I lose all that much, except it gets pretty old when you always lose, and I'm almost always #1 or #2 on the team so I'm not entirely sure I'm the problem. Oh well.

Tomorrow is a new day, colorful fish game. Please be nice to me.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

The hero splattershot is just a reskin of the regular spattershot and not the jr. right?

Yup, It's just the vanilla Splattershot, so Splat Bombs and Splashdown.

Zeruel posted:

Yeah speed running them is the real poo poo. Might do it for the dualies and the umbrella, but not gonna get everything just yet lmao. That's what, 8*26 levels?

Honestly the only one that seems to be worth doing is the Hero Shot, simply because everything else just looks like a recolor.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Fedule posted:

Why were people complaining so much about Hero Mode's stage 19? It seemed pretty okay to me? Scroll was a bit of a fucker but it's set up to allow you to try again very quickly so...?

i game overed in the "hit a chain of warp balloons" section three times because if you miss one of the first two in the chain or so you fall to your death

blasters are my weakness

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I forgot what stage people were bitching about and I thought for sure it was the grind rail one when I played it since the jumping gets so fucky but it turns out to be the fan favorite

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Finished the single player. The final boss wasn't as hype as in 1 but the other bosses owned and it was rad to see levels designed around all the weapon types.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The sniper levels and that last roller level can go gently caress itself.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Guys is this good or no?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The level I hated the most was the one with the incredible abundance of moving platforms. Just really annoying to play.

Finding the sunken scroll on 25 was easily the worst part of singleplayer for me though.

Icedude posted:

*vomit*

Splat Burst bombs ruin every weapon I see them on. I've literally never seen them used well or wished I had them. The game wants you to use them to kill confirm but why bother doing that when you could just, you know, keep shooting them?

EDIT: If splat bombs are the triangle ones then those are fine.

Mahoning posted:

Guys is this good or no?

Please use something other than the aerospray.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 27, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

i game overed in the "hit a chain of warp balloons" section three times because if you miss one of the first two in the chain or so you fall to your death

blasters are my weakness

i died a lot in this section trying to hit the switch for the scroll until i realized if you hold forward the entire time you get enough horizontal movement to hit the warps pretty consistently

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

The level I hated the most was the one with the incredible abundance of moving platforms. Just really annoying to play.

Finding the sunken scroll on 25 was easily the worst part of singleplayer for me though.

*vomit*

Splat bombs ruin every weapon I see them on. I've literally never seen them used well or wished I had them. The game wants you to use them to kill confirm but why bother doing that when you could just, you know, keep shooting them?

The tri-slosher + burst bomb setup seems to be getting a lot of play in high ranks right now. Ink armor is also probably helping that combo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mongoose posted:

The tri-slosher + burst bomb setup seems to be getting a lot of play in high ranks right now. Ink armor is also probably helping that combo.

Yeah but what's the point of the bomb there? You can just hit them twice. That's one of the setups I took out on the test range and the bomb felt totally pointless cause using one wasn't any faster than just attacking again.

VVV I meant burst bombs. Whatever the lovely balloon ones are. The triangle bombs are awesome.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 27, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

*vomit*

Splat bombs ruin every weapon I see them on. I've literally never seen them used well or wished I had them. The game wants you to use them to kill confirm but why bother doing that when you could just, you know, keep shooting them?

They are *the* perfect weapon for when you are getting overrun. Drop one and bug out. Get the hang of the timing and you can absolutely cancel a push on your location.

EDIT: Internet Kraken meant Burst Bombs.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 27, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Mahoning posted:

Guys is this good or no?

Aerospray is good in Turf Wars, but it's really not that great in ranked. Its killing power is really low, and killing is far more helpful in ranked. The N-Zap 85 pretty much outclasses it there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah but what's the point of the bomb there? You can just hit them twice. That's one of the setups I took out on the test range and the bomb felt totally pointless cause using one wasn't any faster than just attacking again.

VVV I meant burst bombs. Whatever the lovely balloon ones are. The triangle bombs are awesome.

It has more range than the slosher

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

Aerospray is good in Turf Wars, but it's really not that great in ranked. Its killing power is really low, and killing is far more helpful in ranked. The N-Zap 85 pretty much outclasses it there.

I mean I get what both you and the other guy are saying but there's 4 guys to a team here. What are the odds.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I don't care how good or bad the aerospray is I'm just utterly sick of seeing it everywhere. There's like 30 weapons in this game and half the playerbase uses that shiny piece of junk.

In Training posted:

It has more range than the slosher

Fair enough, though I've yet to see anyone actually using them still.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't care how good or bad the aerospray is I'm just utterly sick of seeing it everywhere. There's like 30 weapons in this game and half the playerbase uses that shiny piece of junk.

Well, here's me in C rank tower control on a 2 team vs 4 team and actually lasting 5 minutes

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Internet Kraken posted:

I love this phase. I remember experiencing this feeling in Splatoon 1. Wait until everyone gets the gold Aerospray RG!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Takoluka posted:

I love this phase. I remember experiencing this feeling in Splatoon 1. Wait until everyone gets the gold Aerospray RG!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing the other day.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I like that the game updated, the girls say go to the site to see what the update includes, and the site has nothing. I really like that.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Last game of the night and it was three rollers and an aerospray vs my team and my splatling gun. It was glorious.

Edit: except that time a roller managed to sneak up behind me while two teammates were shooting at them and they didn't kill them somehow.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Attention fellow squids, I have achieved fashion.

I remember seeing a red version of that vest in the app shop and thinking "I wish it came in blue, with ninja squid" and I guess Squidmas came early.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Oh goody, they've changed the freshness bar so it goes down by 1 instead of 0.5 when you lose :shepicide:

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Icedude posted:

Oh goody, they've changed the freshness bar so it goes down by 1 instead of 0.5 when you lose :shepicide:

It varies depending on how high you were. I was at 34 freshness earlier and lost 4 for losing a match.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
The disconnect temp-ban seems to be a little sensitive.

I played two matches to completion on hotel wifi. Third match disconnects during the opening animation and I'm banned for 5min. That's too early for a rage quit.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ever since I hit level 10, this has been my life:

And thanks to the new patch, freshness is no longer attainable.
Edit: Actually I think that guy is confused.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 27, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The Octobrush is my new spirit animal in ranked.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Icedude posted:

Honestly the only one that seems to be worth doing is the Hero Shot, simply because everything else just looks like a recolor.

The hero splatling has a significantly different model. The blaster and dualies are recolours. The charger, roller and bucket have minor changes. I haven't unlocked the regular inkbrush to compare