Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

DaveKap posted:

And thanks to the new patch, freshness is no longer attainable.
Edit: Actually I think that guy is confused.

Well my Hero Shot has gone from 9.5 to 4.5 in 6 matches where I only won one somehow

Edit: yeah, now it's dropping by 0.5. So the patch evidently bumped it down so the penalty kicks in at Raw instead of Fresh or whatever it was before

Icedude fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I forgot to mention but you can only unlock the level 1 versions of the hero weapons and they're only available in the store as you qualify to unlock their regular counterparts

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Icedude posted:

Well my Hero Shot has gone from 9.5 to 4.5 in 6 matches where I only won one somehow

Edit: yeah, now it's dropping by 0.5. So the patch evidently bumped it down so the penalty kicks in at Raw instead of Fresh or whatever it was before
It's always gone down at different rates depending on how fresh you are.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
The matchmaker seems bad, but maybe my expectations are off.

Today I played ~10 games. This is my first Splatoon, and I am bad. I was matched in every single game with one particular player who was very good. I also was placed on that player's team exactly once in all these matches.

This resulted in comically lopsided games -- he'd get 10+ kills and dominate the map solo. I lost every game except the one where I was matched to his team.

My expectation is that the matchmaker would vary the players each match to avoid letting one player dominate another repeatedly. Or it would do a better job matching player skill levels.

Eventually I just stopped playing rather than continuing to hope I'd be matched with new people.

I live in a highly populated area. I doubt strongly that there was nobody else to match with.

Does matchmaking become better once the game had more data about the players? Should I expect it to smooth out over time?

I want to play with my fellow scrubs so we can all be awful together.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That could be somebody's friend who was just clowning on everybody

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

just join a new lobby if there's someone you don't want to play with

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

The matchmaker seems bad, but maybe my expectations are off.

:words:

Are you playing turf war or are you playing ranked?

Are you staying in a lobby after the match or are you getting in a new lobby?

You probably just are Doing It Wrong.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Today I unlocked the Hero Minigun and Dualies

Jesus christ boss 4 with the Dualies took like 7-8 minutes alone.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

throw to first drat IT posted:

Reminder that inklings are the baddies. You hedonistic monsters.

Oh god, I wrote a short story based on this pic a couple of years back. How embarrassing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Today I unlocked the Hero Minigun and Dualies

Jesus christ boss 4 with the Dualies took like 7-8 minutes alone.

I'm absolutely dreading doing him again with the roller and blaster. I had enough trouble taking him down the first time, and that's with a gun I'm proficient with.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mahoning posted:

I mean I get what both you and the other guy are saying but there's 4 guys to a team here. What are the odds.

Judging by your screen shot 9:10 you're gonna lose?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

using the octobrush in ranked :getin:

(this probably won't work once I leave the Cs)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Pants Donkey posted:

using the octobrush in ranked :getin:

(this probably won't work once I leave the Cs)

I used the inkbrush in ranked in splatoon 1, had to switch to blaster/splatling to make it out of A rank. I just wasn't good enough. :negative:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is there really anything keeping the Octarians underground other than Octavio's machinations? The ending of the first game and Marina's entire existence seems to indicate the Inklings don't really oppose having them around.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Is there really anything keeping the Octarians underground other than Octavio's machinations? The ending of the first game and Marina's entire existence seems to indicate the Inklings don't really oppose having them around.

Naw. Hell, the first game indicates the two races used to be friendly.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm absolutely dreading doing him again with the roller and blaster. I had enough trouble taking him down the first time, and that's with a gun I'm proficient with.

My time on this guy is 1.31 with the bucket, the game adds a trampoline in the centre tower where you can jump onto his hat

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Can someone tell me how many missions there are in singleplayer, because I want it done and don't want to brute force it if I'm less than halfway there by the third boss.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The Gorp posted:

Can someone tell me how many missions there are in singleplayer, because I want it done and don't want to brute force it if I'm less than halfway there by the third boss.

There's only 4 worlds/bosses

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Alrighty time for a evening/morning of salmon run grinding

:getin:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Whoops, despite having the easiest-to-use selection of weaponry on the better of the two stages, over-achievers are still complete poo poo at salmon run tonight!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Takoluka posted:

I love this phase. I remember experiencing this feeling in Splatoon 1. Wait until everyone gets the gold Aerospray RG!

just yesterday i was telling a friend i was laughing how many people were asking in this thread for the aerospray to be nerfed

it's splatoon 1 all over again

it's like poetry, it rhymes

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I fear getting up close to brush users much more than aerospray users in this one.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Anyone want to play Salmon run need 2 more people

8219-0185-7510

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am starting to become ninja-like with the Octobrush. It is tremendously fun to lie in wait and ambush people in ranked. I feel like I'm really helping my team by keeping the pressure on the enemy's side of the map while they keep the zone splatted.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
So...what was the ticket exploit? Some particular ticket was infinite?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

a cock shaped fruit posted:

So...what was the ticket exploit? Some particular ticket was infinite?

The overworld tickets in the second and fifth areas of Octo Valley respawned every time you went back to Inkopolis Square.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i made sure to get 99 of each before i updated

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/ban026/status/890250311071223808
Fresh.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

anyone wanna salmon run?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

anyone wanna salmon run?

Yeah but I'm stuck at work.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Do I need to have a twitter or a facebook account to make my drawing appear to other squids or is there a way around that? I mean I can see the facebook/twitter thing on the console it just seems weird that I'd need one for my drawing to appear on other switches when I already have a Nintendo account

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

bandaid.friend posted:

Do I need to have a twitter or a facebook account to make my drawing appear to other squids or is there a way around that? I mean I can see the facebook/twitter thing on the console it just seems weird that I'd need one for my drawing to appear on other switches when I already have a Nintendo account

You do. I recommend creating a burner twitter account or something. It makes it a lot easier to transfer screenshots too.
Look at this hella fresh squid right here:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Yes that kid is downright unreasonably fresh

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Kirios posted:

anyone wanna salmon run?

I'm down for a few rounds, if you're still playing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

There's only 4 worlds/bosses

Icedude posted:

From what you're describing it sounds the same.

Dry: +1 for a win, -0.5 loss
Raw: +1 win, -1 loss
Fresh: +1 win, -1.5 loss

and I've never gotten past that to confirm anything else :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What Salmon Run rank should I get to before playing with you guys? I noticed it said I wouldn't get promoted or something if my teammates were above me in rank.

I wish I took advantage of the ticket glitch. I want my .96 Gal now.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jul 27, 2017

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Can anyone confirm if the gas mask is returning from splatoon 1? also

Gimbal lock posted:

Look at this hella fresh squid right here:

Noice

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

bandaid.friend posted:

Just set permissions when you link Facebook so that the posts only are seen by you.

inferis posted:

i made sure to get 99 of each before i updated
I knew as soon as Kotaku posted it it was gonna get patched out. loving Kotaku.

Also, concerning the "keeping the population high for good matchmaking" salmon run schedule thing, I think that's kinda bullshit when the game just launched. It'd make way more sense a couple months down the line when it's actually necessary.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 27, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I made a separate twitter account just to post Switch screens to

Which reminds me, I forgot to post this one

https://twitter.com/bownszeldapics/status/890121450300035072

(was 4x3 but that's still the biggest loss I've ever seen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm gonna try to stick with the motion controls, any suggestions for what sensitivity everybody sets each on to?

I keep switching weapons and man some feel so bad sometimes, I got that one that fires short range blasts and it fires soo slowly I get splatted instantly.