Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

professor_curly posted:

Brawling Company

A successor chapter of the Raven Guard, the Brawling Company are noted for their willingness to throw themselves into what seem to be hopeless situations and emerge victorious through a mixture of grit, determination and dirty tricks. More than one great enemy champion has been taunted into single combat by a Brawler, only to be ambushed by an entire gang of Reivers. They will use autoguns, lasguns, xenos weaponry - there are no rules, there is only victory or defeat. The only weaponry they refuse to use are the tools of Chaos, which in the words of the Chapter Master, "'Would make things too easy."

The Brawling Company are most noted for their mastery of unarmed combat and improvised weaponry. Especially in the Dark Imperium era, where the light of the Astronomicon can be intermittent, the Brawlers are well prepared for lightning strikes to turn into grueling wars of attrition from lack of supplies and reinforcements. Their signature weapon is the Power Knuckles, a lighter variant of the power fist.

You can kind of see it here - I actually carved little furrows above the ears and painted them black to into the eyes, trying to go for a sunglasses look. It didn't quite read like that, but it still seems to have worked out ok.

Paints Used: Primarily Vallejo Cold Grey washed with Drakenhof Nightshade at the recommendation of a friend (thanks Tim), with Jokaero Orange washed with Sepia Serephim. The belt is some off-brand 14-karat gold color, the Power Knuckles and arm pistons are the same off-brand Brass. The kit bags are Vallejo Golden Yellow washed in Sepia Serephim as well.

The legs and abdomen are from the original Reiver model. The chest/upper torso is from a Stormcast... Prosecuter? The left arm with the sword is from the Reiver Kit, and the right arm is from a Chaos Terminator kit, with the original twin-linked bolter removed and replaced with a greenstuff Brass Knuckle. The lower back is sculpted greenstuff, as is the connection from the right arm to the torso.

I'm loving this. I'd love to see a captain or librarian character with a power/force chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Waiting for a bionic arm bit (which may be way out of scale) and will launch myself into painting my dude. Out of town for work for 2 weeks so hopefully this isn't forgotten by the time I get around to finishing. :p

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

bonds0097 posted:

Waiting for a bionic arm bit (which may be way out of scale) and will launch myself into painting my dude. Out of town for work for 2 weeks so hopefully this isn't forgotten by the time I get around to finishing. :p

Won't be. Hopefully.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Idk if you saw it but go ahead and nix my reroll, I'm just gonna grab the paints I already wrote down and try to make it work. Should have results tomorrow or friday

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
STAR JUSTICARS

Lineage: The Star Justicars are Imperial Fists successors. Taking on a crusade much like their brothers, the Black Templars, they stalk the stars in search of the enemies of mankind that have visited grave injuries upon humanity. Worlds that were wiped out, sectors that have fallen, people forgotten - all are casus belli for the Star Justicars. They pursue enemy fleets and hunt down the enemy until their lifeless corpses float in the void.

Tactics: The Star Justicars primarily fight in space, ship to ship. Breacher units and close combat tactics are favored, as the close confines of ships often don't leave much room for tanks or artillery.

Heraldry: Purple in honor of their regal heritage, and the blue after the memory of the first world they avenged. A Khornate Chaos Warband descended on the Agri-World of Almundi Prime, famous for it's vibrant blue skies that seemed to never end, no matter where you stood on the world. They slaughtered the entire population, leaving eight great mounds of skulls upon the world. The Star Justicars responded too late to save the population, but they wiped out the warband to the last man, and scuttled their ship.

First Sergeant Kronos, armed with a Cawl Pattern Assault Bolt Rifle and chapter relic, Shield of Sol:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I want to play.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

gently caress yes, I am so down for this. Roll me a chapter and lets go hard mode on this poo poo.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Don't know how I missed this for so long. Toss me a chapter.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Rainbow Cobras and Brawling Company make me want to sign up. Chapter me. Hard mode.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Go ahead. Chapter me on hard mode.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Got my paint and got the two primaris lts for $10. Waiting for a day that's <80% humidity to prime in coastal Georgia, might be a while

KLazarus
Jul 16, 2007

They make the black primer for brushing on if you don't feel like waiting to spray on the coast.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

professor_curly posted:

Brawling Company

AND THE GOLD BELT. Obviously they are the REIGNING GALAXY CHAMPIONS AT WRASSLIN!

Zuul the Cat posted:

STAR JUSTICARS

drat that's a fine lookin' biggles you painted there.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Brawling Company is my spirit company

I gotta say I like the fluff quite a bit too. For the Star Justicars as well actually!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Behold, an Intercessor of the Ultima Manticores!

I'm probably going to do a little cleanup and finish the base yet, then wash and highlight more, but I liked how it looked just now enough to want to post progress.

Paints used so far:

Armor : Krylon flat white primer, VMC Flat Green, VMC Old Gold, VMC German Grey (subbing for Mechanicus Grey)

Seal : VGC Bone White, P3 Sanguine Base

Bolt Rifle : VMC German Grey, VMC Oily Steel

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 28, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Zuul the Cat posted:

STAR JUSTICARS

Lineage: The Star Justicars are Imperial Fists successors. Taking on a crusade much like their brothers, the Black Templars, they stalk the stars in search of the enemies of mankind that have visited grave injuries upon humanity. Worlds that were wiped out, sectors that have fallen, people forgotten - all are casus belli for the Star Justicars. They pursue enemy fleets and hunt down the enemy until their lifeless corpses float in the void.

Tactics: The Star Justicars primarily fight in space, ship to ship. Breacher units and close combat tactics are favored, as the close confines of ships often don't leave much room for tanks or artillery.

Heraldry: Purple in honor of their regal heritage, and the blue after the memory of the first world they avenged. A Khornate Chaos Warband descended on the Agri-World of Almundi Prime, famous for it's vibrant blue skies that seemed to never end, no matter where you stood on the world. They slaughtered the entire population, leaving eight great mounds of skulls upon the world. The Star Justicars responded too late to save the population, but they wiped out the warband to the last man, and scuttled their ship.

First Sergeant Kronos, armed with a Cawl Pattern Assault Bolt Rifle and chapter relic, Shield of Sol:

I'm extremely into this vapourwave I R O N W A R R I O R

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

JoshTheStampede posted:

I will always choose to spin again! WHEEL OF DEATH WHEEL OF DEATH

You are the SAVAGE BARRACUDAS. You must use STEEL LEGION DRAB and SCREAMER PINK and are banned from usning WARPLOCK BRONZE and MEPHISTON RED.

grassy gnoll posted:

Hit me with HARD MODE.

Also if someone's got a handy Vallejo - GW conversion chart on hand, that'd be swell.

You are the AZURE BEES. You must use KHORNE RED and are banned from using INCUBI DARKNESS.

Nyancromancer posted:

Myself and a buddy want in on this, so put me down for two hard modes.

You are the FIRE WYVERNS. You must use ABADDON BLACK and are banned from using WARPLOCK BRONZE.

Your friend is the PENITENT DEVILS. You must use STEGADON SCALE GREEN and are banned from using DRYAD BARK.

Darkinai posted:

Picked up a pushfit reiver box today, let me get a hard mode.

You are the ATOMIC VIPERS. You must use LEADBELCHER and are banned from using ZANDRI DUST.

TokenTrevor posted:

Gimme da hard mode boss!

You are the GOLDEN GATORS. You must use CALEDOR SKY and are banned from using SCREAMER PINK.

Robo_Commando posted:

Hard mode, please. Looking forward to this challenge, hopefully getting my butt painting again!

You are the BRAZEN HOUNDS. You must use CELESTRA GREY and are banned from using SCREAMER PINK.

panascope posted:

I want to play.

You are the WILD GRIFFONS.

Fuegan posted:

gently caress yes, I am so down for this. Roll me a chapter and lets go hard mode on this poo poo.

You are the VIGILANT HOUNDS. You must use RHINOX HIDE and are banned from using STEEL LEGION DRAB.

Bombogenesis posted:

Don't know how I missed this for so long. Toss me a chapter.

You are the DOOM PALADINS.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Rainbow Cobras and Brawling Company make me want to sign up. Chapter me. Hard mode.

You are the SNARLING LORDS. You must use ZANDRI DUST and are banned from using CERAMITE WHITE.

Thundercloud posted:

Go ahead. Chapter me on hard mode.

You are the POLAR GIANTS. You must use AVERLAND SUNSET and are banned from using LEADBELCHER.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zuul the Cat posted:

STAR JUSTICARS

This is incredible.

Liquid Communism posted:

Behold, an Intercessor of the Ultima Manticores!

I'm probably going to do a little cleanup and finish the base yet, then wash and highlight more, but I liked how it looked just now enough to want to post progress.

Paints used so far:

Armor : Krylon flat white primer, VMC Flat Green, VMC Old Gold, VMC German Grey (subbing for Mechanicus Grey)

Seal : VGC Bone White, P3 Sanguine Base

Bolt Rifle : VMC German Grey, VMC Oily Steel

If you want an even richer gold, try hitting it with a sepia wash. I'm excited to see what happens.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Hey Beer4theBeerGod I have an odd request for you. I was just playing around with the random name generator and I got something that just has to be done. To make up for having my own name, would you roll me up a double hard set of color restrictions?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

professor_curly posted:

Hey Beer4theBeerGod I have an odd request for you. I was just playing around with the random name generator and I got something that just has to be done. To make up for having my own name, would you roll me up a double hard set of color restrictions?

Only if you tell me what the name is.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Zuul the Cat posted:

STAR JUSTICARS

So good!

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Only if you tell me what the name is.

:v:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all the love, guys! I tried as best I could for the challenge. Improving painting skills is what it's all about! I was inspired by all the great posts in here so far.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ya' know what? gently caress it, gimme a re-roll.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Bombogenesis posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
It is boring and not goofy enough for my tastes :colbert:

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Bombogenesis posted:

This is good and cool, we all need crazy names

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Bombogenesis posted:

YOU are boring and not goofy enough for my tastes

That name owns and is dorky as hell

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Regal Skulls were the result of an experiment Belisarius Cawl conducted near the end of the development of the Primaris marines. The intent was to create a legion of pariahs; anti-psykers like those of the Sisters of Silence or the Culexis Assassin Temple capable of blocking the warp. If successful the Regal Skulls would be the pinnacle of Cawl's work; the ultimate defense against psykers, Chaos, and the Immaterium itself. Unfortunately the project was not successful as Cawl was unable to capture the quintessence that defines a pariah. Even the Adeptus Mechanicus are incapable of engineering the soul. What Cawl did produce was a Chapter that was more warp resistant than other Primaris and less susceptible to the uncomfortable effects of being in close proximity to Pariahs. The Ordo Hereticus, seeing the value in such a warrior, requested a chapter and the Regal Skulls were formed. As a small, specialized Chapter Regal Skulls rarely perform independent operations or campaigns. Instead they are typically found alongside the Inquisition, providing support for other psyker-focused forces against threats that may be outside their capabilities.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Hot drat, nice work beer!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Regal Skulls were the result of an experiment Belisarius Cawl conducted near the end of the development of the Primaris marines. The intent was to create a legion of pariahs; anti-psykers like those of the Sisters of Silence or the Culexis Assassin Temple capable of blocking the warp. If successful the Regal Skulls would be the pinnacle of Cawl's work; the ultimate defense against psykers, Chaos, and the Immaterium itself. Unfortunately the project was not successful as Cawl was unable to capture the quintessence that defines a pariah. Even the Adeptus Mechanicus are incapable of engineering the soul. What Cawl did produce was a Chapter that was more warp resistant than other Primaris and less susceptible to the uncomfortable effects of being in close proximity to Pariahs. The Ordo Hereticus, seeing the value in such a warrior, requested a chapter and the Regal Skulls were formed. As a small, specialized Chapter Regal Skulls rarely perform independent operations or campaigns. Instead they are typically found alongside the Inquisition, providing support for other psyker-focused forces against threats that may be outside their capabilities.

Yessss. Looks brilliant.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Nice purple space mans!

I'm trying to get my Vigilant Fix done before I go on vacation. Then I'm resisting the urge to paint 2k points of them because I really like the scheme and it's dead simple to paint.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I am loving the hell outta the back stories you guys are writing up for your Space Boys. :allears:

Token repost because I'm getting my mans today and wanna start working on color ideas.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Bombogenesis posted:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

bonds0097 posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xl-x9eW3bLw5eqDeNUG2JUwn2EZwn34TDKfNIg5uul4/htmlview

Best one I know of, though it's missing some of the most recent gw colors.

Thanks, this is exactly what I need.

Can I get another color set for double hard mode, please? I'm drawing a blank as to what accent color I wanna use.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
DIAMOND VULTURES checking in. Think I finally figured out my color scheme. Going for a bearded vulture vibe, with all the white bits being over-the-top sparkly/glittery.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bombogenesis posted:

I am loving the hell outta the back stories you guys are writing up for your Space Boys. :allears:

Token repost because I'm getting my mans today and wanna start working on color ideas.

You are the UMBRAGEOUS INCULPATORS. You must use KHORNE RED and are banned from using INCUBI DARKNESS.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 29, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

You are the STRIKING SISTERS. You must use KHORNE RED and DAEMONETTE HIDE and are banned from using CALEDOR SKY and BUGMAN'S GLOW.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Beer4TheBeerGod

Could I get an additional set of required and banned colors, please?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
You are the AZURE BEES. You must use KHORNE RED and WARPLOCK BRONZE and are banned from using INCUBI DARKNESS and CALEDOR SKY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the UMBRAGEOUS INCULPATORS. You must use KHORNE RED and are banned from using INCUBI DARKNESS.

The Easily Offended Accusers. Yessssss :getin:

• Locked thread