Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Splatoon 1 had some instafill map hacks so it was possible to have a bunch of like 99.5% to 0.5% games. Can't wait to see them in Spla2n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Saint Freak posted:

Splatoon 1 had some instafill map hacks so it was possible to have a bunch of like 99.5% to 0.5% games. Can't wait to see them in Spla2n

I'm looking forward to Nintendo banning everyone.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

Don't fire the rainmaker unless you really have to. Shooting the rainmaker puts your location on the maps and huds of the other team.

They can always see you since you glow when you have the rainmaker. You can see the glow all the way across the map.

Edit: my hori headset finally shipped

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Gutcruncher posted:

The more people are on the tower the faster it moves. Don't jump off just because someone else showed up on it.

At least in the Bs, you're more liable to get your entire team splatted by a brush, bucket, or roller if everyone is on it. Most of my wins in solo queue have been 2 people standing on it and two on the ground guarding and inking the area

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 27, 2017

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Gutcruncher posted:

Pro tips pubbies don't seem to get.

The more people are on the tower the faster it moves. Don't jump off just because someone else showed up on it.

Don't fire the rainmaker unless you really have to. Shooting the rainmaker puts your location on the maps and huds of the other team.

The Rainmaker is a great weapon for controlling the enemy team's approach. I don't think that's good advice at all.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jumping off the tower to flank and kill the players attacking it (especially if the tower lets you get to useful high ground you couldn't otherwise reach) is often better than making it move faster into a meatgrinder. It's situational.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

There is nothing worse in Turf War than to join a new lobby and have 3 chargers load up on your team. Great job getting a couple kills from near our spawn, guys, too bad you didn't paint a loving thing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Soooo - how does Rainmaker work. 4 games later, and I still don't truly 'get' it.

You pick up the football and you score a touchdown.

If neither team gets a touchdown, team that got closest to a touchdown wins.

Oh and the football is a gun.

JackDarko posted:

The Rainmaker is a great weapon for controlling the enemy team's approach. I don't think that's good advice at all.

It generally is. Shooting the rainmaker means you're not moving as fast as you could. Generally your temamates should be killing and painting ink roads for you and you should just focus on running the ball if you have the ball.

That said, at times if your'e surrounded or if the path ahead isn't inked, you do need to hold back and fire off a few shots.

And intentionally firing the rainmaker into a wall causes a big explosion which is good for taking out nearby enemies.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 27, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Escobarbarian posted:

I wonder if the tickets in the actual levels themselves reset. They do take more effort to get to, but could still potentially be farmed.

I tried it, they seem to be there but grabbing them again when they're greyed out doesn't seem to actually give you another ticket. Working as intended.

It was just the overworld ones that were bugged.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

You pick up the football and you score a touchdown.

If neither team gets a touchdown, team that got closest to a touchdown wins.

Oh and the football is a gun.
Put that on TV and I watch.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pierson posted:

Put that on TV and I watch.

AmericaBall :911:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

If I really liked the Tentatek Splattershot as well as both its sub and special, what would be a similar weapon I can try out? I got to Fresh with it finally and am looking for something new. N-Zap seems OK so far. I did not at all like the Splattershot Pro, it didn't ink enough and I didn't really like it's special. Sub was OK. I'm only level 10 right now, so I'm fine sticking with the N-Zap for a while until something I like better unlocks.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

shortspecialbus posted:

If I really liked the Tentatek Splattershot as well as both its sub and special, what would be a similar weapon I can try out? I got to Fresh with it finally and am looking for something new. N-Zap seems OK so far. I did not at all like the Splattershot Pro, it didn't ink enough and I didn't really like it's special. Sub was OK. I'm only level 10 right now, so I'm fine sticking with the N-Zap for a while until something I like better unlocks.

Dualies also get the tentacles super and are pretty similar to a splattershot, slightly better at closer range and you get a dodge move.

Aerospray is an amazing painter for turf war and has good range for kills, but the super is kinda weak to balance.

It kinda depends upon if you're playing turf war or ranked, and which ranked mode. Some guns are better at some things than others. Blasters and chargers aren't great at painting but get kills like nobody's business.

And try weird things like the roller or the chaingun, you never know.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The aerospray is awesome for turf war in my experience. True that the super is weak at splatting baddies, but if you spam it (and pair with some special boosting kit) you can actually get quite a bit of coverage out of the curling bombs as they just go everywhere.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Lakbay posted:

At least in the Bs, you're more liable to get your entire team splatted by a brush, bucket, or roller if everyone is on it. Most of my wins in solo queue have been 2 people standing on it and two on the ground guarding and inking the area

You only need one squid riding the tower, everyone else should quickly cover the surrounding areas with ink and push forward into enemy territory. Ideally you want to hold the other team off from getting anywhere near the tower itself rather than hanging out around it.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Keito posted:

You only need one squid riding the tower, everyone else should quickly cover the surrounding areas with ink and push forward into enemy territory. Ideally you want to hold the other team off from getting anywhere near the tower itself rather than hanging out around it.

I figured, admittedly I can barely tell the speed difference 1 person vs. everyone on the tower

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Keito posted:

Sometimes I flank, sometimes I ride, gotta look at the situation and make a call.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

After using the .50 GAL for a while I feel ruined to all other guns. Everything else just takes too long to Splat Squids.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I mean if you wiped the other team and they're all respawning of course everyone should jump on

(or spawn camp them)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

well why not posted:

The aerospray is awesome for turf war in my experience. True that the super is weak at splatting baddies, but if you spam it (and pair with some special boosting kit) you can actually get quite a bit of coverage out of the curling bombs as they just go everywhere.

Curling Bomb Rush is really good especially in the levels with a raised central area

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Sometimes I flank, sometimes I ride, gotta look at the situation and make a call.

Yeah there's absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of situational awareness.

I don't think there's any situation that calls for more than two people on the tower though. Maybe if the whole enemy team has been wiped out and you really want to rub it in near the goal.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wanna get some tickets but playing legit is a waste of time now

You'd think the point of playing this game was to have fun.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Internet Kraken posted:

You'd think the point of playing this game was to have fun.

"the great thing about splatoon 2 isn't playing the game, it's showing everyone online that i did"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The good thing about video games (if not in fact everything else in the world) is that people can choose to do whatever they wish with them. If that's what people find fun, let em. Sure beats being a grouch on the internet about how someone you don't know spends their time.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

The good thing about video games (if not in fact everything else in the world) is that people can choose to do whatever they wish with them. If that's what people find fun, let em. Sure beats being a grouch on the internet about how someone you don't know spends their time.

Being a grouch on the internet is how I have fun.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Escobarbarian posted:

it's all good man don't let anyone judge you just cuz you bought a video game so you could farm tickets

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

really if you have 99 tickets already, perhaps it's time to install Disagea and be real w/ yourself

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I didn't farm tickets since I know I would probably stop playing the game if I got all weapons that quickly.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
i assume people want the coin tickets because it's 20k per gear scrub

Also ordering from Murch is super expensive

edit: oh you're talking about the xp tickets nvm

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 27, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I dunno what it is, but I seem to have success much more often on Profreshional than Overachiever

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'll play this game enough long enough that I'll have it all anyway and still be better than most :v:

Only had 4 million G in the last game by the end >_>

Edit: wait did a bunch of re rolls it was 3.1 million

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pants Donkey posted:

I dunno what it is, but I seem to have success much more often on Profreshional than Overachiever

Same. I think it's because a lovely player can be carried to Overachiever, but to get to Profreshional you really need to know what you're doing.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I get self conscious when I get carried in Ranked :(

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Ninja squid and trislosher feels pretty OP

I need to stack some primary ink though this runs out fast

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Ninja squid and trislosher feels pretty OP

I need to stack some primary ink though this runs out fast

Ninja Squid is downright unfair with the Octobrush...to the point where it may be a requirement.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm mad because I don't know how to get more now.

Depressing

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
You can ghetto-ninja squid if you don't go full speed

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Gimbal lock posted:

You can ghetto-ninja squid if you don't go full speed

Gotta go fast; there are no half presses in my universe

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm mad because I don't know how to get more now.

Playing Salmon Run will get you more tickets than you can use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Nephzinho posted:

Playing Salmon Run will get you more tickets than you can use.

Plus all the money bonuses makes it way better for cash generation.