Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Somefool posted:

I'm close to 1000 AP spent and have yet to get a Claw of Chaos. This is starting to drive me mental when every gold chest is either an exp card or a gem.

I got one the last night.

Issue is I need one MORE to ascend my Lancelot for the 3rd time. Hooo boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Somefool posted:

I'm close to 1000 AP spent and have yet to get a Claw of Chaos. This is starting to drive me mental when every gold chest is either an exp card or a gem.

I needed 3 extra of these from this event for Herc, got all 3 with less than 200 ap spent. Now I just need a boatload of monuments, or to wait for the Halloween event.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I have gotten 3 Claws of Chaos today but I'd really rather some more zerker gems

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Currently looking at 5 gold gems and 12 exp cards from chimeras. That's 17 gold chests that aren't claws. :cripes:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
At least they exist since I've gotten two out of it unlike Germania and the daily.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Made some good progress on my dudes thanks to Nerofest.

Got Hassan's Red Right Arm and his third skill (the triple-dodge like Cu).

Isn't he adorable?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Just to make sure if I'm reading the JP schedule right, do Nerofest and Dango run back to back?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
There's no one who can answer that because the NA server is running things differently than in Japan.

The holiday that event is supposed to mark doesn't happen till September but I doubt we'll wait that long.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Isn't he adorable?

Asterios is extremely cute without his mask. :3: He's adorbs.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Motto posted:

Just to make sure if I'm reading the JP schedule right, do Nerofest and Dango run back to back?

Can say for JP but CN server had these 3 events back to back.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Moon Goddess event can be fudged because I think very few in the West know or care about the festival it's for. But I wonder how they'll handle the timing so the Halloween event at least happens in October.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I really need some high level friends that aren't Jeanne.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Virtue posted:

I really need some high level friends.

Especially after I told myself that I wouldn't roll any quartz/tickets until I have every non-gold at max Level. Then I wasted everything and now I have a new account.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

252,715,979 for me! I have Lancelot, Vlad, Carmilla, Arthuria - I mean, I'm level 42 but I am playing a lot! :shobon:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yessss, I have 3rd Ascended Lancelot now.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wuxi posted:

I really need some high level friends.

Especially after I told myself that I wouldn't roll any quartz/tickets until I have every non-gold at max Level. Then I wasted everything and now I have a new account.

Also if someone wants a lvl~45 account with Gil/Jeanne/Attila/Herc/Camilla and all the 25% Buster/Arts/Quick CEs

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Virtue posted:

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to replace my Berserker Support Herc with Lancelot/Kaleidoscope for the duration of this event, since so far I feel like AOE NPs like his/Saber Alter's/Tamamo Cat's are the ones I'm on the lookout for constantly in my friends list.

Part of the "problem" with Jeanne is that a lot of people, myself included, were able to get her fully ascended super quick because she only requires pieces and monuments. It'll probably be a long while before you see a 90 Vlad or 90 Gil for example.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I'm hitting refresh and all I see are level 50s or lower.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you're not at least seeing some folks in the 60s (I have a bunch of Wavers, a few Vlads, and one or two Tamamo Cats), then it might be a good idea to go into your friends list and purge any level 1 Mashs or any people that haven't logged in in a week. Then go back to the friends doc in the second post and add a bunch of Vlads and Wavers.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Made some good progress on my dudes thanks to Nerofest.

Got Hassan's Red Right Arm and his third skill (the triple-dodge like Cu).

Isn't he adorable?

I totally understand completionism in games like this, and seeing their side stories and such, but those stats aren't really encouraging me to put time and effort into 2-star characters..

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I totally understand completionism in games like this, and seeing their side stories and such, but those stats aren't really encouraging me to put time and effort into 2-star characters..

That Asterios has about the same ATK as a Tamamo Cat of the same level and only slightly lower HP, so I don't think it's particularly awful?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

New Leaf posted:

And then you see Asterios casually destroying some of the hardest boss fights in the game.

What I mean with that is that his skills are great and his NP is absolutely game-changing.

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 27, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Stats are among the least important part of determining Servant tiers. Just FYI.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Asterios is a support Berserker weirdly enough. People don't play him for his stats. They play him to take party wiping AOE NPs to the face for 0 damage. Usually I see videos of him used with high damage dealing parties that want to buy a few extra turns as opposed to full tanky teams with Jeanne or Caster Tamamo. Because unlike those 2 characters, when the defense buffs drop, he's still a squishy Berserker that can randomly die. He's a niche pick, but he tends to pop up as a legitimately good option a surprising amount of time.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
All good points, but I leveled him because he's the fluffliest Servant until Merlin.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Random log-in ticket spat out an Altera, so that's pretty cool. I have too many units and no mats.

Is there some logic to how many attacks/skills the enemies get every turn? It seems like sometimes they always get 3 regardless of how many are still alive, but other times they don't?

Gonna miss being able to just chain rank up like this, been just alternating between the 20AP event dungeon and the 30AP XP fodder dungeons the last few days.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was going to sit on my quartz until Okita but this whole experience has made me extremely tempted to try a little bit for Saber Alter during her rateup. Doesn't hurt that Kintoki and Robin are nice targets, as well.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
saving myself for lancer (berserker) [alter]

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Is there some logic to how many attacks/skills the enemies get every turn? It seems like sometimes they always get 3 regardless of how many are still alive, but other times they don't?

Yes. They get a maximum of 3 actions per turn, split between them.

Servants get up to 3 actions. Shadow Servants get up to 2. Giant or unique bosses get up to 3. Gold icon normal enemies get up to 3. Silver and bronze icon enemies get up to 2, depending on the type of enemy.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I was going to sit on my quartz until Okita but this whole experience has made me extremely tempted to try a little bit for Saber Alter during her rateup. Doesn't hurt that Kintoki and Robin are nice targets, as well.

Don't you already have the non-Alter version? Getting both seems really redundant; there's even less difference between them than Cu and ProtoCu.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

New Leaf posted:

asterios is probably in the top 5 bersekers in the game even in the jp version

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Salter looks much better though! It's been hard to resist rolling this event especially since my best saber right now is lily. I don't even have fat saber somehow

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Schubalts posted:

Yes. They get a maximum of 3 actions per turn, split between them.

Servants get up to 3 actions. Shadow Servants get up to 2. Giant or unique bosses get up to 3. Gold icon normal enemies get up to 3. Silver and bronze icon enemies get up to 2, depending on the type of enemy.

Nice, that explains it then.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

cyxx posted:

Salter looks much better though!

I'll not deny that. But at the very least it's quartz that could be saved for... Slalter? I think I may have reached the limits of this naming scheme's usefulness.

edit: Personally I'm counting on Santa Alter to satisfy my Alter needs.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Don't you already have the non-Alter version? Getting both seems really redundant; there's even less difference between them than Cu and ProtoCu.
Excalibur Morgan seems to hit a lot harder than vanilla Excalibur, helped especially by her Buster card-boosting. But that could be deceptive since I'm basing that mostly on seeing a 60 Alter bash heads now vs. vanilla Artoria at 50 or whenever it was I tested her out against XP hands.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I just finished Fuyuki last night. I didn't find it too much of a slog unless you just mean sheer number of fights rather than difficulty.

Yeah, it's just long. A thousand worthless skelingtons and sometimes some Servants but no danger whatsoever. It'd be neat if it could just go "yeah, you've got two hercs and a jeanne, you'd probably win". I'm just spoilt on games like this with autobattle options though.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

McDragon posted:

I'm just spoilt on games like this with autobattle options though.

Yeah autobattle would be nice especially for when I'm clearing 30ap hands. But I was doing the ap30 nerofest this morning while brushing my teeth and I nearly lost because I wasn't paying attention so maybe autobattle wouldn't be a great idea since I would probably never pay attention again. Or maybe it's just a ploy to make sure you have to watch the unskipable np animations

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Excalibur Morgan seems to hit a lot harder than vanilla Excalibur, helped especially by her Buster card-boosting. But that could be deceptive since I'm basing that mostly on seeing a 60 Alter bash heads now vs. vanilla Artoria at 50 or whenever it was I tested her out against XP hands.

It does, but vanilla Saber has an interlude in Septem that mostly brings hers up to match. Their skills are basically identical too, they just get them in a different order.

I believe if you grail them both to 100 Alter's NP ends up doing 3% more damage including buffs? Obviously Vanilla does more damage at 90 than Alter at 80, though.

edit: My bad, more like 8% more damage. Vanilla trades off a little ATK for additional HP.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 27, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/sdshamshel/status/890551131902029824

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

It does, but vanilla Saber has an interlude in Septem that mostly brings hers up to match. Their skills are basically identical too, they just get them in a different order.

I believe if you grail them both to 100 Alter's NP ends up doing 3% more damage including buffs? Obviously Vanilla does more damage at 90 than Alter at 80, though.

edit: My bad, more like 8% more damage. Vanilla trades off a little ATK for additional HP.
Fair enough, I had forgotten about Vanilla's NP strengthening quests. I should probably look into trying that at some point after these events because I imagine I'll be able to put together a team to handle it fairly well by that point (EMIYA's second interlude as well).