Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Aleph Null posted:

Don't be silly. I bought the CD as soon as a I had a Discman and bought the Remaster when it came out. I was a huge fangirl. I even bought the Quake 2 disk just for the soundtrack; that's actually how I was introduced to gaming (much to my chagrin).
I even have some bootlegs of stuff like the demo cuts of a few of the pretty hate machine songs that are bit more electronic and pop-y (purest feeling, twist) and some surreptitiously recorded live albums. Also, nin's Supernaut cover.

I saw NIN in concert the night before the 2008 presidential election. Awesome show. Trent was in an extraordinarily good mood that night.

E: Oh, poo poo, I should start this page with some content. Here.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 16:18 on Jul 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

syscall girl posted:

:laffo:

Quake 1 was the one with the NIN soundtrack though. Q2 had the opening scene music by Rob Zombie, iirc.

e: not this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTb6kEp5GjY

this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Sqt8oLEoY

Okay, it was Quake 1 then. That was a very long time ago.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

A Moose posted:

The worst part of the linkin park guy dying is that everyone in guns n roses is still alive. A fact that was pointed out to me when sirius xm replaced their punk rock station with 24/7 guns n roses.

Fungus 53 was too pure for this world

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, original Guns n Roses was a great band, unlike Linkin Park. :colbert:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Aleph Null posted:

Don't be silly. I bought the CD as soon as a I had a Discman and bought the Remaster when it came out. I was a huge fangirl. I even bought the Quake 2 disk just for the soundtrack; that's actually how I was introduced to gaming (much to my chagrin).
I even have some bootlegs of stuff like the demo cuts of a few of the pretty hate machine songs that are bit more electronic and pop-y (purest feeling, twist) and some surreptitiously recorded live albums. Also, nin's Supernaut cover.

Trent was so dreamy.

NIN never covered Supernaut, Trent did vocals on 1,000 Homo DJ's cover of Supernaut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjho-zVgDXo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I saw NIN in concert the night before the 2008 presidential election. Awesome show. Trent was in an extraordinarily good mood that night.

E: Oh, poo poo, I should start this page with some content. Here.

I saw NIN @ The George Gorge in WA state during their Fragility tour.

A Perfect Circle opened and some assholes back in the grass seating area left after APC.

They missed an awesome show.

APC is great and everything but NIN did the best poo poo in their catalogue. Stuff from Broken, PHM, TDS. All very moshable. Did a lot of jumping around and George Gorge is beautiful at sunset.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

NIN never covered Supernaut, Trent did vocals on 1,000 Homo DJ's cover of Supernaut.

The only covers Trent did that I recall were the long-promised Gary Numan Metal (read about him doing that one in Details magazine but it took forever for that to drop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehMqEXUspfs

and Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song feat Karen O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQtXsp4tIbw

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Desert Bus posted:

So I should have said "Trent Reznor" and not "nine inch nails" but Trent Reznor is nine inch nails.

He also did vocals for Suck with Pigface and then later recorded his own, superior version.

I'm running out of Trent Reznor related images.

Johnny Cash's Hurt was better than nine inch nails'.

Edit: forgot the apostrophe.

Aleph Null has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Jul 27, 2017

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Aleph Null posted:

Also, nin's Supernaut cover.

Trent was so dreamy.

I prefer to think of it as 1000 Homo DJs featuring Reznor on vocals.

e,fb: That's what I get for starting a post and getting distracted

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

syscall girl posted:

I saw NIN @ The George Gorge in WA state during their Fragility tour.

A Perfect Circle opened and some assholes back in the grass seating area left after APC.

:hfive:

I saw NIN on that tour too. During the APC set some "look-at-me-I'm-such-a-rebel" teenager in front of me kept telling her friend how she was "so messed up" and that her friend would have to "babysit her" in between screaming Maynard's name every 30 seconds or so. I ended up missing the APC set because I got so aggravated that I decided to get up and wander around the concourse people-watching until their set was over.

Now that you mention it, I think that girl and her friend left after APC's set, too. Huh.

Since we're posting (funny?) Reznor pics, here's one I did for a Photoshop Phriday way back in 2009. I should mention it's worth clicking through to see the rest of the photos. There's some brilliant work there.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

syscall girl posted:

The only covers Trent did that I recall were the long-promised Gary Numan Metal (read about him doing that one in Details magazine but it took forever for that to drop)

NIN have covered a whole load of stuff. Get Down Make Love by Queen (Sin), Memorabilia by Soft Cell (Closer), Dead Souls by Joy Division (The Crow), Physical by Adam Ant (Broken), Suck by Pigface (Broken). And that's just actual recorded versions. He's done loads of live covers.

http://www.nin.wiki/Category:Covers

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, The Crow soundtrack was so popular in 94/95 people had no idea Dead Souls was even a cover.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Plavski posted:

NIN have covered a whole load of stuff. Get Down Make Love by Queen (Sin), Memorabilia by Soft Cell (Closer), Dead Souls by Joy Division (The Crow), Physical by Adam Ant (Broken), Suck by Pigface (Broken). And that's just actual recorded versions. He's done loads of live covers.

:hmbol:

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
Contrary to popular belief, the Poodle did not originate in France.It was originally a German breed used for hunting, water retrieving and even herding.You can see the breed’s similarity to other curly-coated herding breeds such as the Puli.Poodle coats will curl and even cord if allowed to grow out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Contrary to popular belief, the Poodle did not originate in France.It was originally a German breed used for hunting, water retrieving and even herding.You can see the breed’s similarity to other curly-coated herding breeds such as the Puli.Poodle coats will curl and even cord if allowed to grow out.

Poodles are also like, the smartest dog. That they essentially became pampered show dogs is a travesty that completely wastes their best feature.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
The Whomp characters from Super Mario 64 were inspired by a mythological being known as the nurikabe, a 'wall ghost' that misdirects or impedes travellers at night and the versions of the ghostly Boo enemies found in Super Mario 64, are based on the wife of the game's co-designer Takashi Tezuka. As Miyamoto explained in an interview with Nintendo Power magazine: "Mr. Tezuka got an idea about putting his wife in the game. His wife is very quiet normally, but one day she exploded, maddened by all the time he spent at work. In the game, there is now a character who shrinks when Mario looks at it, but when Mario turns away, it will grow large and menacing."

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Plavski posted:

Oh yeah. Get Down Make Love is amazing. I had The Crow soundtrack back in the day too.

I'm not a big fan of all of his later work but I think they should have given him the Academy Award for Lost Highway or Natural Born Killers rather than his compositions for The Social Network.

Or The Girl w/ the Dragon Tattoo.

Didn't like the FB movie so I'm biased.

Oscars are stupid though so w/e

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
The Japanese version of Sonic 1 has more parallax scrolling layers. An example would be that the clouds in some of the zones move across the screen, while the international version the clouds are stationary. The Labyrinth zone also has an underwater wave effect in the Japanese version. The only zones that were not changed were the Starlight zone and the Final zone.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Well you exist so that fits.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

syscall girl posted:

Oh yeah. Get Down Make Love is amazing. I had The Crow soundtrack back in the day too.

I'm not a big fan of all of his later work but I think they should have given him the Academy Award for Lost Highway or Natural Born Killers rather than his compositions for The Social Network.

Oscars seem to be awarded sometimes not for the best actor or composer but as recognition for the overall work of the person than the actual quality of the work they created that year

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Rumda posted:

Well you exist so that fits.

yawn

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
UKMT in one picture

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Oscars seem to be awarded sometimes not for the best actor or composer but as recognition for the overall work of the person than the actual quality of the work they created that year

Yeah. And it's nice when someone gets a lifetime achievement as well. Just didn't think The Social Network score was all that great and I loved NBK and Lost Highway.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
Only two angels are mentioned by name in the bible, The Michael, and Gabriel. That does not include Lucifer and Abbadon who were both fallen angels.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
The lead singer of the death metal band Hatebeak is a 27-year-old parrot called Waldo. The band never tours because they're concerned the decibel levels of live gigs would harm his hearing. He's not the only non-human extreme music star. Caninus were a pitbull-fronted grind band. Their two lead singer dogs were called Basil and Budgie.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Only two angels are mentioned by name in the bible, The Michael, and Gabriel. That does not include Lucifer and Abbadon who were both fallen angels.

There are other angels in the apocrypha.

And three in the KJV bible if you include Raphael (he's the sarcastic one with the sais)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Archangels

Judeo-Christian stuff is so conflicted you'll catch schizophrenia trying to mush it all into your brains.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

syscall girl posted:

He didn't score Lost Highway or NBK though. Collating other people's work isn't Oscar eligible.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Rumda posted:

He was a very troubled person and anyone who kills themselves is a tragic failure of society for throwing up barriers and stigma to the recognition and treatment of mental health.

What about when a celebrity spins out their notoriously hard to handle sports car at 100 mph and dies and everyone is acting like it's some big tragedy like it was some random accident and not their own stupid loving fault and now everyone thinks you're an rear end in a top hat because you think "minute of silence" doesn't accomplish anything?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:colbert:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Leon Einstein posted:

He didn't score Lost Highway or NBK though. Collating other people's work isn't Oscar eligible.

Ahh. Still better than TSN though.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ak Gara posted:

What about when a celebrity spins out their notoriously hard to handle sports car at 100 mph and dies and everyone is acting like it's some big tragedy like it was some random accident and not their own stupid loving fault and now everyone thinks you're an rear end in a top hat because you think "minute of silence" doesn't accomplish anything?

or when they let their dumbass friend drive their superfast sports car?

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Post more funny pics you goth spergs

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

:colbert: isn't a funny picture last time i checked, what do i know though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abaddon was fallen as gently caress

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Guy Goodbody posted:

Abaddon was fallen as gently caress

A Good Post.

40K is ridiculous, and I love it.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Ever stop to think about how weird / huge those guys must be to for those suits to fit? I mean, it's not like there's a little tiny dude in there pulling levers to move the arms and legs, right?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mezzanine posted:

Ever stop to think about how weird / huge those guys must be to for those suits to fit? I mean, it's not like there's a little tiny dude in there pulling levers to move the arms and legs, right?

Well, space marines are all genetically engineered giants, not humans at all.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Well, space marines are all genetically engineered giants, not humans at all.

No kidding? Well, I learned something today. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Why are they genetically engineered to have tiny, tiny heads?