Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Boy that's a relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm glad the boring one-note dude lost

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Ends up you can survive your face getting caved in by a ballerina just by being crazy

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hell yeah good chapter

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Looking back on it, Masaki lost that fight super hard. He managed a throw on Muteba early on, choked him for a little bit, and gouged out his already-useless eyes, and bit his arm. Everything else was Muteba dunking on him repeatedly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only way to stop masaki was to kill him, but he ended up fighting a dude who was perfectly willing and able to do just that

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The Lord of Hats posted:

Looking back on it, Masaki lost that fight super hard. He managed a throw on Muteba early on, choked him for a little bit, and gouged out his already-useless eyes, and bit his arm. Everything else was Muteba dunking on him repeatedly.

It was a fight between a man with no sense of self-preservation and a professional killer. Couldn't have gone any other way, really.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i feel like the mysterious second fighter working for the hundred pretty much has to be the judge dredd guy

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm looking forward to E. Honda vs Zangief.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I look forward to Muteba just chillaxin for a few chapters

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Venuz Patrol posted:

i feel like the mysterious second fighter working for the hundred pretty much has to be the judge dredd guy
Well it's not Ohma, and Cosmo seems exceptionally unlikely since he's fighting on behalf of his cousin. Raian, maybe? It's against their code but he clearly gives no fucks.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

gently caress yeah Muteba, gently caress yeah wrestling dude

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

verbal enema posted:

I look forward to Muteba just chillaxin for a few chapters

I look forward to his best girl CEO, Togo Tomari, gloating over everybody.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
That was probably the most clinical deconstruction of an opponent in the series so far.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm hoping we'll get a panel from Jun next fight as cool as the rib shattering dropkick he hit on Ohma. That's definitely the fight that sold me on the series. The series does an amazing job of conveying huge hits.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Alternatively two of his minions could be facing off against each other in the second half due to how the tourney was set up, thus either way he will have one advance.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Nikaido (the Kung-Fu guy) is facing Kiryu in the first round, and we know what motivates Kiryu already (Ohma's smokin' hot bod) so that rules him out. Two-face said his group had six slots though and we only know 3 of them. If I had to guess, I'd say Kaneda (fighting for Kazuo's drinking buddy who owns the bookstore chain) is likely, and Gaolang is at least a possibility. Admittedly I'm basing this on the fact we haven't seen his CEO yet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Drinking buddy kow-tow might have made it 7 instead of 6, we don't know.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jedah posted:

I look forward to his best girl CEO, Togo Tomari, gloating over everybody.

Oh yeah I forgot this too

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-009-Ch-074?id=376887

Looks like Haru and Sekibayashi are going to become friends. :3:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Poor Haru :(

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Primal Sumo is a good phrase and I like hearing it used in a fighting manga.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-009-Ch-074?id=376887

Looks like Haru and Sekibayashi are going to become friends. :3:
Ah yeah, this fight.

Jun is one of the best characters and unless I completely misinterpreted a bunch of stuff, a total bro.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

This looks like it's going to be a goodass fight (they are all goodass fights).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Place yer bets!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I cannot wait to see Jun destroy this sumo man.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's obviously going to be Jun because he has unlocked the secret technique of bribing the announcer so he's second to get introduced and receive exposition.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

tweet my meat posted:

It's obviously going to be Jun because he has unlocked the secret technique of bribing the announcer so he's second to get introduced and receive exposition.

Of course a wrestler would figure it it. It all makes sense!

From a different meta standpoint, I'm still going with Jun. The author talked about wanting to do a pro wrestler who's actually strong--I don't see him saying that and then make Jun only ever lose (while looking strong, but still a loss).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sumo guy is kind of forgettable too, just in terms of his character design and how he's been presented thus far.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
jun is a pro wrestler who takes pride in his profession, while his opponent is a huge jerk who looks down on sumo wrestling. i don't think it'll be completely one-sided, but jun ain't losing here.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im going to go with the ironic prediction and say that the plot sets up like haru is going to be inspired by jun, but sumo guy crushes him and haru decides to take up sumo instead

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
there's only one man who can take this primal sumo warrior down

AND HIS NAME IS JUN SEKIBAYASHI

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I want to see Jun win because I think Jun vs Mutemba would be more interesting than sumo vs Mutemba.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
My personal prediction is at least three cool rear end suplexes after carefully analyzing the information we've been given so far.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
sumo guy has a cool robe and belt(?) or sash or w/e

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I must go with my heart and my heart says Jun. This sumo guy is just some punk with a dime-a-dozen lovely personality.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zerilan posted:

I want to see Jun win because I think Jun vs Mutemba would be more interesting than sumo vs Mutemba.

You know, I can't see Jun vs. Mutenba going well for Jun. Mutenba's whole thing is attacking inherently vulnerable body parts, like the eyes/ears/etc, that can't be protected simply by virtue of being super swole.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
No you really don't understand how swole he is though.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

You know, I can't see Jun vs. Mutenba going well for Jun. Mutenba's whole thing is attacking inherently vulnerable body parts, like the eyes/ears/etc, that can't be protected simply by virtue of being super swole.

Not to mention that if Jun goes with his usual schtick of just sitting back and taking it, Mutemba will rip out his eyes or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer