Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok yeah completed SP much easier at home. Final boss is so fun. That moment where Callie and Marie start performing together is so :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I love the bucket! I love it!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

You'd think the point of playing this game was to have fun.

you'D ThInk THe PoiNt oF PlaYIng ThiS GaME wAS tO hAVe fUn.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

dragon enthusiast posted:

how

that last bit is basically a glorified cutscene

It took me an embarrassing number of attempts to figure out that you can jump over the fists

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tap my mountain posted:

It took me an embarrassing number of attempts to figure out that you can jump over the fists

What helped me was realising that I should jump even if I hit the normal fists because there's still a chance it'll hurt you anyway which I don't get but whatever

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Cicadas! posted:

I love the bucket! I love it!

:yeah:

I just got the Tri-Slosher and it is very much my jam! I wanna try it out in ranked. In the last game they specifically buffed the damage sloshers do to the Rainmaker shield. If that buff still applies, seems like the Tri-Slosher would be decent there? I've been using the Splat Roller so far and doing... OK.

I have yet to try Splat Zones at all. I used to clown people an awful lot with a roller in Splat Zones.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Escobarbarian posted:

What helped me was realising that I should jump even if I hit the normal fists because there's still a chance it'll hurt you anyway which I don't get but whatever

Yeah it's hosed up though hitting the fist slows it down so you have to delay your jump a long time. It helps if you shoot it sooner so it can't reach you.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Okay so what is the deal with the Baller? It seems to be a total crapshoot on whether or not it kills people. Is it just really short range?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Silver Falcon posted:

:yeah:

I just got the Tri-Slosher and it is very much my jam! I wanna try it out in ranked. In the last game they specifically buffed the damage sloshers do to the Rainmaker shield. If that buff still applies, seems like the Tri-Slosher would be decent there? I've been using the Splat Roller so far and doing... OK.

I have yet to try Splat Zones at all. I used to clown people an awful lot with a roller in Splat Zones.

Tri-Slosher is amazing in general and I've been getting a lot of results with it in ranked. The Ink Armor nerf definitely hurt it a bit since it's not exactly the greatest at building special. Though it's apparently a weapon that a disproportionate amount of pro players use, so it might see another nerf later.

Really the only thing that sucks about it is that its sub is the Burst Bombs. They have a bit more range, than the Slosher itself, and that's about it.

Fedule posted:

Okay so what is the deal with the Baller? It seems to be a total crapshoot on whether or not it kills people. Is it just really short range?

It just has a short range. You just want to be close as possible to your enemies as possible when it blows up.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 27, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

shortspecialbus posted:

They sold half a million loving units in the first week, If they're worried about that, maybe limit salmon run availability when there's not a fuckton of people still playing, like in a year or so.

Ah yes I'm sure people would be overjoyed to find out that a previously always-available game mode is now time locked. Great idea.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Rexroom posted:

Are you painting the walls? They don't count towards your score.

Well poo poo, I thought I was being clever. Thanks for this.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Are you able to play ranked during a Splatfest? I forget if that was locked during those in the Original.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JackDarko posted:

Are you able to play ranked during a Splatfest? I forget if that was locked during those in the Original.

It was locked. Just Splatfest or private matches.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Is there a way to tell which surfaces are paintable and which aren't? Other than trying to paint them and seeing whether it worked or not.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

God drat ranked is fun. Splat Zones anyway, haven't tried the others.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Ah yes I'm sure people would be overjoyed to find out that a previously always-available game mode is now time locked. Great idea.

It's stupid to be time locked at all. Why does Nintendo have to have such a boner for artificial scarcity?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Is there a way to tell which surfaces are paintable and which aren't? Other than trying to paint them and seeing whether it worked or not.

The two most common non-paintable surfaces the game uses are plastic tarps and glass. Catwalks are also non-paintable regardless of material. Pretty much everything else you can go ham on.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo they let me out of C- rank. I might not be complete poo poo at a video game. I don't know how to process this it's never happened before.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

did some ranked the past few days, at least enough to get out of C-

tower control i did alright. had some knockouts, got knocked out, some close wins and some close losses. jumped from C- to C+, not shabby. i'm a little rusty overall and will always feel naked until i get a dual squelcher.

splat zones (or how i learned to stop worrying and love the splashdown) i fuckin dominated. lost a couple sure but overall i crushed it. jumped from C- to B- hell yeah. love that splattershot.

did rainmaker today and want to die. it's something i didn't like playing solo in splatoon 1 and it seems it's still the same here. it's so inconsistent, some people just don't grasp what to do with the rainmaker. i only saw one person try to run i backwards but outside of that most people tried to use it as a super weapon, kept trying to lead the way, or just kept trying to swim it up the path of most resistance. lot of people using aero sprays on moray towers for some reason! only went from C- to C. :sigh:

ranked is fun! i like the changes to tower control. splat zones is probably my favorite at the moment. i might try to get rainmaker up into the Bs and then just never touch it again

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The track in Tower Control needs to be a lot longer

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Escobarbarian posted:

Ok yeah completed SP much easier at home. Final boss is so fun. That moment where Callie and Marie start performing together is so :3:

I sang along to the first bit of Calamari Inkantation. :neckbeard:

Supercar Gautier posted:

The two most common non-paintable surfaces the game uses are plastic tarps and glass. Catwalks are also non-paintable regardless of material. Pretty much everything else you can go ham on.

There's also the weird circley-metal thing they use frequently in single player, and some spots where it's a plastic panel bolted over something. There's always a tell though, I've only been surprised by things not being inkable two or three times across both single player campaigns and all the multiplayer maps, and once I figured out what it was I was able to see that thing and know it's uninkable in the future.

Keiya fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 28, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

The track in Tower Control needs to be a lot longer

it depends on the level, moray is perfect length, humpback is way too short

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh man I just played a turf war with three rollers on the other team, two of them just kept barreling around together and covering insane amounts of turf. I might have to give the roller a try, I just love my Splattershot so much

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I'm on a level in the single player and I'm completely stuck. I'm dumbfounded as to how Nintendo expects me to do this. I must be missing something?

I'm in the middle of the level so I can't even check which level it is, great design. But seriously... I'm a smart man who beat all of splatoon 1 without issue, and yet I'm completely roadblocked here with no idea what to do.

There's a scrubber and one of those spinny things you can shoot to lower a platform, but its too far away to shoot without going over to it and then I'm on the platform when it goes down and I can't get on top of the scrubber. What the hell.

Its either the last or second to last level of world 4.

E: lol just figured it out as I post this :doh:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Where can I check what Brands are more likely to roll which abilities? Want to get started on amassing chunks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It was the Brella level, wasn't it?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

How is b rank so much harder than c rank. I'm still getting the most splats in my team but I've lost the last 4 matches after winning the last 9

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

JackDarko posted:

Where can I check what Brands are more likely to roll which abilities? Want to get started on amassing chunks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/6pp8dj/splatoon_2_gear_guide_part_ii_farming_blows_chunks/

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Am I crazy or does the 5 minute soft ban strip you of wins from your whole last session?

I just fought my way from c- to b+, then the hotel wifi hiccup'd, I got a 5min penalty, and I'm back to c-

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

eddiewalker posted:

Am I crazy or does the 5 minute soft ban strip you of wins from your whole last session?

I just fought my way from c- to b+, then the hotel wifi hiccup'd, I got a 5min penalty, and I'm back to c-

ranks are separated by game mode

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

ranks are separated by game mode

Oh. Cool. So my sisters kid has 3 different places to trash my rank when I go to work.

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012

It seems the dithered pics trend is starting to simmer down, as old fashioned Miiverse-style posts are becoming a more and more common sight in my plaza.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

:drat:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I've seen this one, and rated it FRESH appropriately.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Here's hoping they DLC in many of the old battle themes from splatoon 1 to the stage play rotation in the future. I miss ABXY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTDnYDG2ACs

Awesome new tracks *will* of course be part of the game's free DLC though.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Manuel Calavera posted:

I've seen this one, and rated it FRESH appropriately.

ScottFalco does good art.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

still mad the community called it squidbagging and not seabagging

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacedad posted:

Here's hoping they DLC in many of the old battle themes from splatoon 1 to the stage play rotation in the future. I miss ABXY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTDnYDG2ACs

Awesome new tracks *will* of course be part of the game's free DLC though.

A lot of the old battle themes are actually in the game's code already, including the one you just linked. You can unlock them only to play in the music mini game from amiibo. I hope they patch them in to play during battle as well.

I also hope they bring back a lot of the old stages. I really miss Urchin Underpass, Walleye Warehouse and Saltspray Rig. Saltspray Rig would work perfectly for Salmon Run.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 28, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does the weapon freshness meter ever reset?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there a tool people are using to upload that too perfect art or are they really zooming way in and drawing a pixel at a time?