Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think he'll be able to cause a lot of havoc in sloppy fights, but also enable clean and quick picks. But I agree he wouldn't be able to solo tank in the higher leagues without a support taped to his rear end all game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Huh. Garrosh has a level 4 talent which is basically "become Kerrigan on Infernal Shrines"

quote:

Level 4
[W] In for the Kill
Increase Bloodthirst’s damage against non-Heroes by 60% Killing enemies with Bloodthirst resets its cooldown and refunds its Mana cost.

I mean you don't get the window for resets that Kerrigan gets, but still might be neat to try

e: so a dev mentioned that Garrosh would have a new game mechanic. Do you think he was referring to an optional extra ability that you can talent upgrade later, or the ability to throw allies, or the auto-targeting the closest enemy?

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 27, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

There's some silly fast sustain possible there

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I really think Garrosh builds will end up taking his 1 and all the talents for it, but I could be wrong

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Macaluso posted:

So I think the problem isn't with the abilities or the numbers or anything. I think the animations just don't have enough OOMPH befitting a character like Garrosh. I hope they take a second pass at his animations because as long as the animation feels strong I think people can get into it even if the numbers don't pan out that way. Murky is a good example of this, his slime explosion just looks and feels really good even at level 1 when the character can't do a whole lot to other heroes. Anub'arak's basic attack with his... mandibles? look and feel good because they still give off the impression that you're slicing someone up with these sharp pointy things on your hands. Varian's sword animations are REALLY good and have a nice sword hitting sound. Garrosh's animations just need to have a bit more weight to them. The video didn't make his attacks look very strong and they should even if numbers wise they aren't

I think uther is a good example here. He does very little damage, but he swings his hammer with both hands and and his torso goes with it so it looks powerful.

Garrosh doesn't use his torso at all when he uses abilities. All of the animation is in his arm and it looks awkward.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I really think Garrosh builds will end up taking his 1 and all the talents for it, but I could be wrong

I don't know, the talents which improve the active at 1 compete with some other things that seem pretty good. Like, you can get 60% slow if you're low on health, but often are they the ones running from you when that happens?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Primetime posted:

I think uther is a good example here. He does very little damage, but he swings his hammer with both hands and and his torso goes with it so it looks powerful.

Garrosh doesn't use his torso at all when he uses abilities. All of the animation is in his arm and it looks awkward.

The audio effects for Uther help a shitload, too. His hits sound meaty.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kyrosiris posted:

The audio effects for Uther help a shitload, too. His hits sound meaty.

Nice big WHACK

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gustav posted:

That... sounds like exactly the same kind of things talents typically do for any other hero in this game..? That doesn't sound interesting at all.

Some heroes have a basic kit that works out the gate and you can get an idea of how they work by just looking at their QWED, talents just making them better at their job or open up new tricks -others can't do their job without them/the meaningful distinction between them and other characters only comes from the talents.

For example: You can see what Muradin is supposed to do as a tank based just on his QWED and you can see how he'd disrupt and force people to pay attention to him. Garrosh at base doesn't really have much to force that interaction, just a way to withstand being focused (if they don't do it too fast) and punish the other team for focusing him.

That's actually a problem I have with some of the brawls that only give you the ult and choice of 3 random dudes. Some characters just don't work without certain levels of talents and imo shouldn't be in the pool of characters for those brawls against more complete out of the box characters. The way Naz is nerfed in the wiz wars brawl shows they understand characters aren't on equal footing for certain talents in brawls.

MisterZimbu posted:

I hope that if Stukov shoves a target in midair from Garrosh's throw that they get shoved to the moon.
If Garrosh throws someone from his own team an enemy Stukov can't do that since they're unstoppable. That much has been said so far.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Guys we are all.missing the important question here. And that is, can Garrosh toss DVa's mech during self destruct?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

bamhand posted:

Guys we are all.missing the important question here. And that is, can Garrosh toss DVa's mech during self destruct?

I would assume so since Stitches can hook it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kai Tave posted:

But can Stitches eat it?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

bamhand posted:

That's the best loving question anybody ever asked.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Garrosh is going to pair really, really well with anyone capable of providing him shields. Short of %HP attacks screwing him, low health + shields + 75% armor is a looooot of defense to burst.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

But can Stitches eat it?

Yes. It still explodes.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Fuzz posted:

But can Stitches eat it?

He can but it still does damage.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

lordfrikk posted:

He can but it still does damage.

But only to him I thought. Wasn't there that gif going around of stitches swallowing the grenade for his team? Or was no one on his team actually in the original radius/low enough HP to die?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Kai Tave posted:

Can stitches use his friendly hook on an allied self destruct?

If so I can't believe I've been missing out so long on this.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Alpha Mayo posted:

Can stitches use his friendly hook on an allied self destruct?

If so I can't believe I've been missing out so long on this.

Yes

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't know if throwing an exploding mech is going to be a reliable strat to build around, but man that is going to wind up on some highlight videos.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Bruceski posted:

I don't know if throwing an exploding mech is going to be a reliable strat to build around, but man that is going to wind up on some highlight videos.

Good news!

His throw is part of his basic kit and throwing an exploding mech requires 0 talents.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Good news!

His throw is part of his basic kit and throwing an exploding mech requires 0 talents.

Throwing the enemy mech is, throwing your team's mech isn't.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

bamhand posted:

New dunkmaster on campus

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

SirSamVimes posted:

Good to know your opinions about Garrosh are objectively incorrect even in this case.

Do you not see how incredibly loving boring it would be to base his kit on the raid encounter? Those abilities have zero synergy.

Besides, do any of the Warcraft characters have a kit that is even remotely based on their WoW ability list? Like, other than the Hammer of Twilight, Cho'Gall's abilities have gently caress all to do with his raid encounter, and that's because those abilities were based on a goddamn raid. Turns out they don't really translate all that well into a MOBA.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Garrosh is the most clearly mechanics and then find a character to slap them on. Which is typically better design than starting with flavor and trying to make it mechanics.

Sha form will be a skin i bet

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Garrosh is the most clearly mechanics and then find a character to slap them on. Which is typically better design than starting with flavor and trying to make it mechanics.

I hope they add a Siegecrafter Blackfuse hero who calls in a bunch of goblin adds and shouts "I'm sick of all these extra mechanics!"

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Midnightghoul posted:

It always seems weird when people with a big two handed weapon do low auto attack or skill damage

I love Stukov for this reason. His auto-attack damage is ridiculous and only due to the fact he has a huge arm. I hope they never nerf it.

Stukov: "Yeah I hit you as hard as a Butcher auto-attack, have you seen my loving arm?"

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

When Grom inevitably gets added, I really hope it's the Warcraft III version who is extremely disappointed in the person his son became. One of his ults is just telling Garrosh how much of a failure he is.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Shadowlyger posted:

Do you not see how incredibly loving boring it would be to base his kit on the raid encounter? Those abilities have zero synergy.

Besides, do any of the Warcraft characters have a kit that is even remotely based on their WoW ability list? Like, other than the Hammer of Twilight, Cho'Gall's abilities have gently caress all to do with his raid encounter, and that's because those abilities were based on a goddamn raid. Turns out they don't really translate all that well into a MOBA.

Well for a tank, hulking out on Y'shaarj would make some sense, though I guess it would copy too much from Muradin's Avatar.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BrianBoitano posted:

If you have armor and also a shield, does the armor reduce the damage received by the shield?

Instinct says no but worth asking.

Also this is from last page but here's some mechanics for you:

Shields are just extra Temporary Health, so yes! Armor does reduce damage dealt to Shields. Similarly, negative Armor will increase the amount of damage that Shields take.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Looking forward to griefers tossing their own teammates behind enemy gates, etc.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I'm genuinely surprised that the reception for Garrosh seems to be lukewarm, since I'm eating my words about yet another boring Warcraft hero. I really like his kit and the toss is a cool addition to the game.

I guess he might be disappointing for people that play Warcraft?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Zwiebel posted:

I'm genuinely surprised that the reception for Garrosh seems to be lukewarm, since I'm eating my words about yet another boring Warcraft hero. I really like his kit and the toss is a cool addition to the game.

I guess he might be disappointing for people that play Warcraft?

I play Warcraft and I am excited as gently caress to throw people over gates.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Stukov: cool Zerg Russian admiral
Garrosh: why is he red? all the other orcs are green

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Bogart posted:

Stukov: cool Zerg Russian admiral
Garrosh: why is he red? all the other orcs are green

He's brown, and because he wasn't one of the ones that drank Mannoroth's blood.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I didn't log in for stukov but garrosh is probably going to tear me away from my other games

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
I'm honestly rather surprised at all the hype over his throw ability. I mean it's a fine ability, but it's nothing we haven't seen before and looks pretty clunky to use.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Yeah Thu Kulitis has been throwing people for ages.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

what's that list of upcoming heroes again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

beejay posted:

Yeah Thu Kulitis has been throwing people for ages.
It's what happens when you don't ban Kloctus.