Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Prepped a team for one event only to accidentally click on a different, more difficult event almost none of them were suited to class-wise.

Ended up winning but that was probably the most tense battle I've had yet. Literally came down to one servant on each side blasting away at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Arcueid's not a Saber, though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I saw someone say something about a rate up for Saber Alter, is that a current or upcoming thing? Still have all the quartz since starting earlier this week, was thinking of making a pull and Alter is cool.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I saw someone say something about a rate up for Saber Alter, is that a current or upcoming thing? Still have all the quartz since starting earlier this week, was thinking of making a pull and Alter is cool.

In japan they celebrated 4M downloads with a rate-up that had Salter and Martha as the rate-up 4*s; seems likely they'll do the same here whenever they hit the next milestone after this event or the next. Which needn't be 4M downloads, of course, they can just pick any arbitrary metric.

So upcoming, probably.

edit: There's also the limited release of Orion coming up soon. He's a cute little teddy bear, so perhaps some people will want to roll for him.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 27, 2017

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Doesn't he come with a titty goddess?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Is Orion a good Archer? Since Gil refused to show up for me, I could still use a good one.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Largepotato posted:

Doesn't he come with a titty goddess?

Maybe a little one? You'd hardly notice.

Sophism posted:

Is Orion a good Archer? Since Gil refused to show up for me, I could still use a good one.

Seems to be pretty well-regarded, from what I've read. Strong single-target NP with good debuffs, decent damage boosting and crit boosting skills. Though Euryale has a pretty similar feature set and is 3* so she's much easier to get.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I just love that the final ascension art has the Orion teddy bear striking a fanservice pose to match Artemis.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Sophism posted:

The Orion & Artemis Tag Team Two-For One were originally seen as sorta bad when they launched in Japan, but nowadays they're considered pretty solid, especially if you happen to be going up against a male enemy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

orion is good in camelot the same way euryale is. less lockdown than she has, but more damage. id say they aren't as good as gil but if you want a 5* archer they arent bad at all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sophism posted:

I just love that the final ascension art has the Orion teddy bear striking a fanservice pose to match Artemis.

my favorite part is that orion technically attacks in all their animations minus the np

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Just a reminder: caster gems are only available for the next 24 hours. Get them now, or miss out on 4 quartz shards.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
should I be able to get it via grinding the lowest ap mission?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

should I be able to get it via grinding the lowest ap mission?

No; the lowest AP mission doesn't spawn caster enemies. The highest AP mission has the best rates; one every two runs or so, hopefully.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Can someone link the spreadsheet thing with the drop rates and locations please? I thought i bookmarked the drat thing, but apparently not.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

a kitten posted:

Can someone link the spreadsheet thing with the drop rates and locations please? I thought i bookmarked the drat thing, but apparently not.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview

NA on the second tab.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

when do you get caster monuments? Googling says friday but all I"m getting is gems.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Sunday and Wednesday Dailies.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

According to that spreadsheet, fighting the Shadow Gilles in Orleans is just as good.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

According to that spreadsheet, fighting the Shadow Gilles in Orleans is just as good.

He's looking for monuments (gold) not pieces (silver).

Duel with the Four Cavalries is sadly the only way currently. It took me about 30+ tries to get ONE. Final battle has 25% chance to be Caster (Waver) and then there's probably about a 10% chance that the chest he drops is gold. Be prepared to grind.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

DrManiac posted:

when do you get caster monuments? Googling says friday but all I"m getting is gems.

This is true for the JP version of the game. NA has different quests than JP right now.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

After 4 runs on the 30 AP monster hunt, I got my 2 gems. Just in time for the next round of Nerofest!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hah, this round is even easier than prelims.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
What should I be running for max gold medals?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, really? Hercules needs 6 of those octuplet things from the final event map, but he needs 6 to ascend. Well where am I supposed to get the other one then??

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
It took 3 apples, but I farmed 10 Claws of Chaos. Enough for Altera, Vlad, and Cu Chulainn if I ever pull him from the free gacha. If not I can use his claws on Martha.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wow, really? Hercules needs 6 of those octuplet things from the final event map, but he needs 6 to ascend. Well where am I supposed to get the other one then??

Drop from running it more.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Farm them crom the 30 AP quest like I did with the Claws.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's amazing how Nero, Artoria and Salter make the 30 AP event trivial.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Gacha please.

I'm not asking for much.

Just a Saber - any Saber - who isn't Gilles.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You don't have Saber Lily?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I do, but I'd still rather not draw Gilles five times.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
I didn't really care much about the my room feature before but after seeing the hassan posts earlier I started going through a bunch of servants today and some of them are actually pretty nice. St George really likes the camera I gave him and his hobby now is taking pictures :shobon:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

cyxx posted:

I didn't really care much about the my room feature before but after seeing the hassan posts earlier I started going through a bunch of servants today and some of them are actually pretty nice. St George really likes the camera I gave him and his hobby now is taking pictures :shobon:

wait, what does the room feature do?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Motto posted:

Hah, this round is even easier than prelims.
Seriously.

The Golems hit like wet noodles and a Friend Summoned Arturia can basically do 90% of the work for the final round.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So what is the surest way to get assassin gems? Its all I need to finish the weekly quest and I didnt see a single assassin boss, despite running the current 30 AP monster hunting quest, like 8 times in a row. All those wasted APs that could go into gold medal farming are killing me.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

StrixNebulosa posted:

wait, what does the room feature do?

Just the little voiced text quotes with changing expressions when you click on the portrait of your selected favorite. It isn't a huge thing but I'm enjoying it. I like medusa a lot more now than I used to.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Mt. Etna in Septem or Bordeaux in Orleans.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

So what is the surest way to get assassin gems? Its all I need to finish the weekly quest and I didnt see a single assassin boss, despite running the current 30 AP monster hunting quest, like 8 times in a row. All those wasted APs that could go into gold medal farming are killing me.

Oddly there are no assassin or berserker bosses for the monster hunting quest. You can get it as drops from earlier enemies in that quest, but as above Etna or Bordeaux are better sources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

For the JPN 2nd Anniversary, you complete a quest so you get to pick 1 CE out of 47 (mechanically identical) variants. That is a lot of artwork.