Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
DWAYNE BACON ROTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Would it be possible to have a basketball reference type database for this simulated season

Probably not

It'd be fun to look at but I'm not gonna do that man sorry

Punkin here's your boxscore, either Tristan Thompson got in foul trouble or your coach really hates him and keeps subbing him out

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Punkin here's your boxscore, either Tristan Thompson got in foul trouble or your coach really hates him and keeps subbing him out

I was just wondering if the app or program did that natively

lol I would t expect you to type in box scores to a spreadsheet or whatever
Thanks again man this owns

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

I was just wondering if the app or program did that natively

lol I would t expect you to type in box scores to a spreadsheet or whatever
Thanks again man this owns

Hah yeah I'd have to hand enter it. Nothing about 2k13 is functional, you can't even buy it on Steam anymore, forget any sort of online functionality or anything. Not even sure if 2k17 has anything like that

No problem, this is fun

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Can I see the Celtics putting up 130 on my Nets box

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raps beating Lebron prove I'm the best GM. See you suckers at the draft.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

can i see one or both of my box scores from my two wins by a combined 64 points

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Can I see the Celtics putting up 130 on my Nets box

Yea I'm starting to follow the top 5 scorers format now though because I'm gonna get swamped I think, hold on

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Jaramaz putting in MINUTES. Your coach does not trust your bench it seems Evan

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

can i see one or both of my box scores from my two wins by a combined 64 points

I'll check in the other thread but in the future if people would put the name of their team in request posts I'd love you :)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Jaramaz putting in MINUTES. Your coach does not trust your bench it seems Evan

Hahahahah a

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

thank you!
COLE ALDRICH WITH THE PERFECT GAME

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'll check in the other thread but in the future if people would put the name of their team in request posts I'd love you :)

Ah, sorry. My team is the Undefeated Memphis Grizzles.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

Ah, sorry. My team is the Undefeated Memphis Grizzles.

Mirotic is a beast when he's off the Bulls

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Also I didn't have Korkmaz in your starting lineup Evan, I double checked it and fixed it all up for your next week of games. This is quite an endeavor so I may have to fix things here and there. Murray was correctly pencilled in so I have no idea why Jaramaz got so much run in that game. Weird things are already happening and I love it

Maybe he had the look

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 28, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Jonas "Double-Double" Valanciunas

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
NBA2k totally has random rear end seasons and I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if the Grizz win it all. I've ran dumb sims where I load up my roster with allstars and I still lose in the first round to some Jeff Teague ran team

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I will say, Evan, that Dwane Bacon has a higher rating than Korkmaz. Significantly so, so you might consider him staying as your starting SF. Let me know

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

NBA2k totally has random rear end seasons and I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if the Grizz win it all. I've ran dumb sims where I load up my roster with allstars and I still lose in the first round to some Jeff Teague ran team

Chemistry is very important in 2k sims

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Doltos posted:

I just finished a season in which the Lebron/Harden Rockets finished dead last in the NBA, with no injuries or anything.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Doltos posted:

perhaps he was worth that $91 after all!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Ricky is the assist leader of this fantasy-GM 2k13-with-2017-stats-but-2016-schedule game, but he is also the assist leader of my heart.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

I will say, Evan, that Dwane Bacon has a higher rating than Korkmaz. Significantly so, so you might consider him staying as your starting SF. Let me know

lol Bacon is a SG, too small to play SF in the NBA and neither of them have played a single NBA minute so who the heck knows what's right

i'm gonna stay pissed that Maker Chriss and Murray aren't on my team forever tho, you should move them onto my team

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

R.D. Mangles posted:

genuinely enjoyed that, thanks and thank you drunk canuck for making me enjoy the results of an insanely nerdy basketball fantasy game that i'm not even part of, living the dream

And these sons of bitches don't think I'm playoff worthy.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WEEK TWO of the NBA SEASON! Our first full week. Some of the expected top teams are starting to make their marches towards glory

Normally I'm going to post these every other day, but I had this one ready to go a bit earlier than usual.

Day Six

Bucks 93 - Pistons 95
Jazz 84 - Clippers 86
Wizards 109 - Grizzlies 95
Spurs 93 - Heat 122
Lakers 101 - Thunder 108
Mavericks 92 - Rockets 102
Warriors 111 - Phoenix 112

Day Seven

Bulls 83 - Nets 71
Suns 100 - Clippers 93
Kings 111 - Hawks 104
Nuggets 113 - Raptors 101

Day Eight

Rockets 99 - Cavaliers 94
Lakers 83 - Pacers 101
Magic 101 - Sixers 94
Knicks 74 - Pistons 89
Kings 96 - Heat 106
Grizzlies 105 - Timberwolves 121
Bucks 76 - Pelicans 114
Jazz 105 - Spurs 92
Warriors 93 - Blazers 106

Day Nine

Sixers 83 - Hornets 98
Raptors 126 - Wizards 119
Lakers 98 - Hawks 91
Pistons 98 - Nets 109
Rockets 102 - Knicks 87
Bulls 103 - Celtics 120
Pelicans 102 - Grizzlies 101
Mavericks 92 - Jazz 111
Trail Blazers 93 - Suns 92
Thunder 101 - Clippers 92

Day Ten

Kings 103 - Magic 105
Celtics 109 - Cavaliers 123
Pacers 110 - Bucks 111
Nuggets 81 - Timberwolves 96
Thunder 106 - Warriors 87

Day Eleven

Hawks 68 - Wizards 92
Hornets 101 - Nets 81
Heat 102 - Raptors 73
Knicks 99 - Bulls 117
Clippers 99 - Grizzlies 108
Suns 123 - Pelicans 114
Trail Blazers 113 - Mavericks 100
Spurs 121 - Jazz 111
Warriors 77 - Lakers 119

Day Twelve

Timberwolves 115 - Thunder 85
Nuggets 111 - Pistons 113
Bulls 92 - Pacers 104
Wizards 108 - Magic 103
Cavaliers 102 - Sixers 111
Rockets 124 - Hawks 107
Kings 94 - Bucks 104
Clippers 92 - Spurs 94

Demar Derozan has suffered a broken wrist, and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks
Andre Drummond has suffered a sprained foot, and is expected to miss 2-4 weeks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good Sim

Can I just see the Wolves team page of player stats? Don't need a specific game.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Nice, Pels back to .500 after obliterating the Bucks by 38 points holy poo poo.

Also hot drat Quincy Acy shooting 86% from deep. I'm sure that's only like 8 shots, but still.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

IcePhoenix posted:

Good Sim

Can I just see the Wolves team page of player stats? Don't need a specific game.

Yeah it's gonna have to be a bit later though cuz I'm not gonna be on my computer for a few hours, but I got you

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Well on our way to winning the lottery while Lebron is still on the team, really gonna help the rebuild.

Can I also get a team stat page for the Cavs, I want to see what is going on with the minutes because Norris Cole played like 30 mins in the first game you posted.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Pleased with a 2-1 week where my loss was a close call against probably the best regular season roster. Unfortunately they're in my division and also it's DC :puke:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Michael Corleone posted:

Well on our way to winning the lottery while Lebron is still on the team, really gonna help the rebuild.

Can I also get a team stat page for the Cavs, I want to see what is going on with the minutes because Norris Cole played like 30 mins in the first game you posted.

I actually had to manually fix that last night by setting Norris Cole to an explicit benched/reserve role because your coach was freaking out about Lebron being slotted at PG and constantly moving him to SF to sub in who he thought was the best point guard, Norris Cole

Norris will not be bothering you much anymore

I'll post the team stats when I get home

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Nice 3-1 week against some solid teams very pleased

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I actually had to manually fix that last night by setting Norris Cole to an explicit benched/reserve role because your coach was freaking out about Lebron being slotted at PG and constantly moving him to SF to sub in who he thought was the best point guard, Norris Cole

Norris will not be bothering you much anymore

I'll post the team stats when I get home

I really like the coach/GM drama. This feels like Vivek really pushing the 4 on 5 thing.

RICKYWATCH:

Still owns.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I wonder if my bucks can maintain .500 ball without Derozan. One of my losses was by 2 points to the stacked Pistons.

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

How is my garbage team putting up solid wins on the Pels and Clippers but only beating the Warriors by one?

Either way I'm pleasantly surprised by how the sun's are doing, and actually checking the URB stats used in the simulation I'm wondering if it might be worth putting Fox in with the starters

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Wow the kings had to play the heat on the second night of a back to back in Miami. Brutal.

Can i see my rosters stats CBM?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Doltos posted:

Wow the kings had to play the heat on the second night of a back to back in Miami. Brutal.

Can i see my rosters stats CBM?

It's literally the 2016-2017 schedule. In reality the Kings lost that game in OT.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

When you get a chance could I please see my roster stats for the Toronto Raptors?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
only stat that matters is wins baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lockback posted:

I really like the coach/GM drama. This feels like Vivek really pushing the 4 on 5 thing.

RICKYWATCH:

Still owns.

Yeah! He should be at the top of steals too... I think we'll go 41-41.

• Locked thread