Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I won all of my c- matches in rainmaker and it skipped me up to b-

That's kinda neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It was the Brella level, wasn't it?

yep

Manuel Calavera posted:

I've seen this one, and rated it FRESH appropriately.

I like the art but what does squid bagging mean? Saw that one in my world and I don't get it :downs:

Like Teabagging? God damnit gamers are awful.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I can only carry so hard Taylor, how about you fire your fukin weapon next time

This has been the case just about every game tonight.

Edit: lol of course we lost turf war to three Aerosprays! Just noticed that.

Fauxtool posted:

is there a tool people are using to upload that too perfect art or are they really zooming way in and drawing a pixel at a time?

Yea, someone wrote a script that utilizes the Pokken gamepad to read an image file and input the right sequence of inputs to recreate it in-game.

enojy fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 28, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Any goons hit S rank and can speak to the competitiveness? Hitting A the idiots who play like turf war have almost died out - the few who have survived make up for their complete and utter lack of situational awareness with the ability to get lots of kills.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nephzinho posted:

Any goons hit S rank and can speak to the competitiveness? Hitting A the idiots who play like turf war have almost died out - the few who have survived make up for their complete and utter lack of situational awareness with the ability to get lots of kills.

I'm only at B- in this but once I got to S in 1, I constantly had to contend with ridiculously accurate Japanese snipers.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm only at B- in this but once I got to S in 1, I constantly had to contend with ridiculously accurate Japanese snipers.

I've seen almost no Japanese players and the chargers are much much worse off in 2 than they were in 1, all this with a fresh matchmaking pool lead me to wonder if S is super competitive or if there are people who have managed to fail upwards that hard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

I think ranked isn't going to be as ridiculously hard now that they have League mode to split out the single/squad queue. But I'm not S rank and I imagine d those who are are deadly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

I've seen almost no Japanese players and the chargers are much much worse off in 2 than they were in 1, all this with a fresh matchmaking pool lead me to wonder if S is super competitive or if there are people who have managed to fail upwards that hard.

All the Japanese gods are running 4 tri sloshers are going undefeated in league battle

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

A lot of the old battle themes are actually in the game's code already, including the one you just linked. You can unlock them only to play in the music mini game from amiibo. I hope they patch them in to play during battle as well.

I also hope they bring back a lot of the old stages. I really miss Urchin Underpass, Walleye Warehouse and Saltspray Rig. Saltspray Rig would work perfectly for Salmon Run.

Yeah I'm really hoping they're planning on bringing back the old music to battles, maybe slowly through the regular updates. I miss my keyboard smashing. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdNTZOm0OXI

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Nephzinho posted:

Seems like region lock is enforced for matchmaking, so it doesn't seem like you'll be running into any Japanese players unless they live in the US.

Also, you can squid while holding the Rainmaker. Please, squid to the goal. I even painted a path for you. :negative:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Having to rank up different modes individually is the worst :smith:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's better

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Please help me budget I keep buying gear I never wear and scrubbing slots for chunks. My squid is poor.

Zaphod42 posted:

Having to rank up different modes individually is the worst :smith:

Nah its good because now I don't have to actively avoid Rainkmaker because people in that mode are amazingly stupid.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I got skipped to B from C-, feels pretty drat good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

We're MLG

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now I have the lust for top 50

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Kaubocks posted:

still mad the community called it squidbagging and not seabagging

Yeah what the hell?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Nah its good because now I don't have to actively avoid Rainkmaker because people in that mode are amazingly stupid.

What sense does that make? Wouldn't ranking up together help that more, not less???

The only way this helps is if you're great at one mode and bad at the other or something weird like that. And even then!

You work your way up to like B/A in one mode by clawing your way through the ranks of mouthbreathers who don't know how to focus on objectives, and then the game switches modes and you're right back with the shitheads.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 28, 2017

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Zaphod42 posted:

What sense does that make? Wouldn't ranking up together help that more, not less???

The only way this helps is if you're great at one mode and bad at the other or something weird like that. And even then!

You work your way up to like B/A in one mode by clawing your way through the ranks of mouthbreathers who don't know how to focus on objectives, and then the game switches modes and you're right back with the shitheads.
It's good.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Also if you don't belong with said mouthbreathers, you'll be able to climb out of there eventually. And there are algorithms in place to skip you over a few ranks if it's obvious that you really don't belong there. The modes are different enough that I think that establishing separate ranks was a good move.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jul 28, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zaphod42 posted:

All the modes being together meant I usually avoided Rainmaker because its a lot easier for one idiot in that mode to gently caress up everything by repeatedly grabbing the rainmaker and doing stupid poo poo with it. Ranking up didn't help with that. I stopped playing Rainmaker because I wanted my rank in zones and tower control to actually be maintained and not get hosed up because I went on a losing streak in rainmaker.

That's not an issue now obviously.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

What does a yellow line on the rank progress bar mean?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Pants Donkey posted:

What does a yellow line on the rank progress bar mean?
If you're able to reach that mark before your bar shatters then you won't lose a level, your bar will just reset to 0.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Not necessarily 0, you can have a little left over after your bar breaks.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I just had the boy-mayor of squid life personally show up in my plaza to tell me that squids should be able to vote.

No boot hat, though.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Thought the whole jump rank thing was a myth cause I got in early when everyone was like me in ranked the day after launch. Finally did some tower control rounds and went from c- to b- in one jump Haha.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Please help me budget I keep buying gear I never wear and scrubbing slots for chunks. My squid is poor.

I tried playing it for the first time tonight. You're not exaggerating.

In one of my last C- ranked games tonight, I got 27 kills, we ended up winning by time. One push in particular had me killing one guy, using ink warrior, spammed the *follow me* command, killed two more guys, inked a nice clean path; turn around, and see the rainmaker under the bridge with one other guy, who both got killed by a single person.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Can't say I get the reference.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Cicadas! posted:

I just had the boy-mayor of squid life personally show up in my plaza to tell me that squids should be able to vote.

No boot hat, though.

Speaking of Mcelroy content, I wish I'd saved the great "glass shark" lobby pic the other day.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Prophylactic?
E - for the sponge ref.

Anyone in the discord. Post that WOOMY, or I'll post it tomorrow.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Seems like region lock is enforced for matchmaking, so it doesn't seem like you'll be running into any Japanese players unless they live in the US.

Also, you can squid while holding the Rainmaker. Please, squid to the goal. I even painted a path for you. :negative:

:negative:

Send help

e:
https://calc.splatoon.ink/
is this still valid (for the most part) for Spla2n?

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 28, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Got a source on this? From the games I have played I'm not really feeling it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Got a source on this? From the games I have played I'm not really feeling it.

(Warning: Kotaku.) It was an issue that pro players brought up. But I might've misunderstood them and it was for league mode or something.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
Any goons have those yellow mesh looking shoes with the pink soles? I need these in my life and I haven't seen anyone wearing them to sic Murch on 'em. In which case I'd just need to play a game with you and then sic Murch on you. I think.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I just did splat zones with the splatling gun, if it had pretty much any other special that weapon would be way to OP for it.

http://sirlorence.tumblr.com/post/163512748009

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In a match of rainmaker earlier today I had a friendly grab it and I figured I'd paint a path for them. I started up the side of the reef and gunned down a guy but the three enemy team members came down on me like a hammer

In the kill cam I could see the rainmaker guy just casually walk on up and score a touchdown so I guess I was helpful

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Can't say I get the reference.

Its not a reference, he's making a reaaaaally roundabout joke that Perl definitely was not.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In a match of rainmaker earlier today I had a friendly grab it and I figured I'd paint a path for them. I started up the side of the reef and gunned down a guy but the three enemy team members came down on me like a hammer

In the kill cam I could see the rainmaker guy just casually walk on up and score a touchdown so I guess I was helpful

I did the same thing then on the kill cam I saw the guy with the rainmaker on the wrong side of the map running in circles.

VVV They work for your whole team

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jul 28, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Do point sensors reveal location data to teammates or just the one who threw it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do point sensors reveal location data to teammates or just the one who threw it?

They show tagged squids to all of your team.

One thing I like about the new point sensors is that their AOR lingers a little while, making them an excellent tool in controlling the enemy. They can choose to walk through it, but then everyone will know you're there.