Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's free right here. It was renamed to DRL because Zenimax is terrible.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Is The Surge any fun, or is it just a lame sci-fi Dark Souls clone?

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

StrixNebulosa posted:

Thanks!

:allears: I'll check IVAN out some time!

Also yeah yeah roguelikes / not roguelikes hybrids - okay, I don't care about the distinction that much, but when I'm opening up the roguelikes category in my steam library I'm looking for top-down grid-based dungeoncrawls (Morphblade bends this but ehhh) with turn-based rpg-esque gameplay. Which is like, the narrowest of narrow definitions, which is why I added in the bonus category for FTL and Spelunky and so on. We can argue about what is a roguelike until the heat death of the universe, but I swear my aim in this list was to group up similar games in the genre so we're not having people look at DoomRL and Spelunky as the same thing when, uh, their core gameplay is definitely different.

Anyhow, I'm checking out Darkwood because i've never heard of it before and it looks cool, so thanks!

Can someone link IVAN?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thanks for saving me forty bucks on Civ 6 guys! Too bad about it and Beyond Earth; Civ 4 and 5 are some of my favorite games. :(

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Turd Herder posted:

Can someone link IVAN?

Here. It looks like you want to go here for the unofficial newest releases, though.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

It's apparently by the same people who made Lords of the Fallen, so I'm leaning towards the latter unless proven wrong.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

Floodkiller posted:

It's apparently by the same people who made Lords of the Fallen, so I'm leaning towards the latter unless proven wrong.

Unlike LotF, Surge is GoodTM. It has a few problems, but none so egregious or game-breaking as LotF and it doesn't commit any grave sins throughout its enemy or boss design. Combat is more about actually dodging attacks, since your dodge and slide moves don't actually have iframes, and the part harvesting mechanic is handled well and remains engaging for the somewhat short (8-9 hours) time of your first run. It's not revolutionary, but if "Sci-fi Dark Souls" sounds cool it's probably the best one we're going to get for a while.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Floodkiller posted:

It's actually pretty good!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

RBA Starblade posted:

Thanks for saving me forty bucks on Civ 6 guys! Too bad about it and Beyond Earth; Civ 4 and 5 are some of my favorite games. :(
For now. You will end up spending 50 or so total when the expansion comes out later.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

For now. You will end up spending 50 or so total when the expansion comes out later.

Even better, wait until the second expansion/GOTY edition.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

StrixNebulosa posted:

Here. It looks like you want to go here for the unofficial newest releases, though.

Thanks.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
And then the game will be good, right guys?

I remember waiting awhile for Beyond Earth to get better so i can finally purchase it. But now that there's no more new content, well...

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 28, 2017

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
TikiOne just cleared up 17gb for me. Thanks, OP.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

i can still taste him posted:

TikiOne just cleared up 17gb for me. Thanks, OP.

Don't make the mistake of installing a game but not playing it and running that Steam cleaner. It will delete all the set up files and you'll have nothing left and will need to redownload that game. Run it once so that it sets everything up and there's no problems.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Car Boys made this look loving rad. I'm just wondering, how are the controls? Easy to pick up?

Yeah it's easy, works a ton better though if you have a controller, I use a DS4.
It's hard to control because it's realistic to a fault, hitting a curb at 55 mph can crush your tire and destroy your wheel, slight clips can throw your whole vehicle into a spin, stuff like that. As a toybox it's very hard to beat.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Holy poo poo I just S-Ranked the secret boss on Furi, that poo poo was pretty good

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Fargin Icehole posted:

And then the game will be good, right guys?

I remember waiting awhile for Beyond Earth to get better so i can finally purchase it. But now that there's no more new content, well...
Might be a third expansion and a platinum edition of all time.

I went through a lot of trouble trying to uninstall gamesave manager and am not sure it was a clean uninstall. The sheer amount of game saves it had, used up 120+GB on my SSD. gently caress that program.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Has anyone else used Depressurizer to create 1,000 categories (which sounds excessive but is actually extremely useful) and found that the "filter" function in Big Picture (and only Big PIcture) drops the frame rate to like 1 frame every 5 seconds? It is now useless in Big Picture, which puts me in a worse position than when I started.

Another question: Is there a program that will continuously record video for a specific duration, like how the Playstation 4 does it? I know I could use Fraps or whatever, but I want to set it so it only records the last, specifically, 20 minutes of gameplay and nothing before that.

credburn fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 28, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think Nvidia ShadowPlay is designed for that.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Same as AMD Raptr and the windows 10 Xbox stuff. Dunno about twenty minutes, but they can record the last X minutes/seconds.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Shadowplay can do up to 20 minutes. Some games (fairly rare) don't like it though so if you have performance issues, turn that off first.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fargin Icehole posted:

Holy poo poo I just S-Ranked the secret boss on Furi, that poo poo was pretty good

You mean the DLC secret boss? Yeah that fight absolutely owns

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

People who played through Far Cry 4: Do you get anything out of seeking out and completing all the Shangri La sequences?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I've had that Phantom Dust game installed ever since it was first released on the Microsoft Store, and it has never once been able to connect to my Live profile. This Live profile is linked to my Windows 10 installation, and it works properly in that useless Xbox program bundled in with Windows. Here's even a screenshot of the game being an rear end in a top hat right next to the crappy Xbox app being able to connect to XBL just fine.

The game just pops up a green Xbox Live window for a few seconds and goes straight to a Connection Failed message. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this crap. Hopefully, I won't just get laughed at for asking about a UWP game in the Steam thread.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
You could solve your problem by uninstalling the game. :v:

(I have no idea how to help.)

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Games for Windows Live 2.0 continues the legacy

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Xander77 posted:

People who played through Far Cry 4: Do you get anything out of seeking out and completing all the Shangri La sequences?

According to this: "Fun."

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Songbearer posted:

Foxhole is out and seems to be doing well, has anyone played it? I had a friend who tried the demo and said it was really good. It looks neat but I don't know how it'll hold up for its pricepoint.
I played it a bit during the free Alpha test thing. It's a neat game that's going to live or die on Streamers picking it up to make it popular because the playerbase is EVERYTHING in it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Songbearer posted:

Foxhole is out and seems to be doing well, has anyone played it?

Important question: Are there any atheists in it?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Hey, y'all. Don't play Gridberd. Idle it for cards at the most.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Far Cry 4 Brotherhood (I'm still trying to make that happen):

I just played through a mission from Longinus that sent me into the Himalayas (a separate location you teleport to by E-ing a Sherpa).

Even though it was marked with an L on the map, it apparently didn't count for "seek and complete 1 Longinus mission (marked with an L) to be eligible for this upgrade".

The moment it was finished, three more missions popped up within walking distance.

The first one was from Hurk. It was about stealing a monkey idol... in the Himalayas.

And the next mission was about stealing a Blood Ruby from a mine... in the Himalayas. And was hard as gently caress, and probably intended to be completed later in the game.

One chance to guess where the final new mission wanted me to go.

The game loves to constrict what you can and can't do any time there's a mission happening, but it completely fails to suggest a reasonable mission / free roam progression. I know people hate tutorials, but introducing a new activity every few missions would have made sense.

Also, AJ is amazingly goddamned stupid and personality free.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Before I vomit up a bunch of :words:, is this the correct thread to ask for Steam Link advice and assistance?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

Before I vomit up a bunch of :words:, is this the correct thread to ask for Steam Link advice and assistance?

There is a Steam Hardware thread that would probably be better suited. It's not very active, but I don't think you'd wait that long for a response.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Veotax posted:

There is a Steam Hardware thread that would probably be better suited. It's not very active, but I don't think you'd wait that long for a response.

Thank you!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

lol

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

Xander77 posted:

You don't have to look at an incomplete painting on your wall. I know exactly why you're asking, the Shangri La sections are proof positive that gorgeous visuals aren't worth a drat if the gameplay is tedious and boring.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Xander77 posted:

You get something very special that no Far Cry after FC1 provides: a boss fight.

I suppose the other Kalinag-inspired fight is also a boss fight of sorts, but that's still the same game so it doesn't count against that.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Tippis posted:

You get something very special that no Far Cry after FC1 provides: a boss fight.

I suppose the other Kalinag-inspired fight is also a boss fight of sorts, but that's still the same game so it doesn't count against that.
You're forgetting about all those awesome boss fights FC3 had. Like the guy you fight after he stabs you, and the utterly nondescript big bad business boss, and the giant evil demon, and the Australian rapist...

They kind of broke the pattern with that one though, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't a hallucination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Launching Foxhole as a pay to play product felt like a questionable move but I guess it worked out for them? Managed to get more concurrent players than notoriously poo poo game Running With Rifles ever did.