Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Sometimes I want the enemy to know where I am, so they come looking for me. Saves me the trouble of hunting them down. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That's really useful then. I'm digging the Splattershot Pro even though I didn't like it in 1. Ink Storm is disruptive as gently caress in ranked if you deploy it at the right moment.:getin:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm only at B- in this but once I got to S in 1, I constantly had to contend with ridiculously accurate Japanese snipers.

S+ was the worst in 1 because you'd then be matched exclusively with the japanese. In a peer to peer game that picked the host that could give the most players a good ping. Meaning it was impossible to play since you'd have 400 ping and your enemies could see you before you could see them.

https://www.twitch.tv/its_power_/videos/all

This guy is S+ now and is a super good charger who does insane, accurate flick shots.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/ChaoRA_J/status/890743581626966016

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
One of the squids threw short. That was me!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Water shooters coming to the market. No idea why Nintendo are selling dangerous toys like that to squidkids...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's an interesting question. Do you think criminals in the Splatoon universe use guns full of water to commit actual crimes?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Considering what Inklings are made of, I'm thinking Paint Thinner would be the weapon of choice.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

there are definitely no killers in squid world, apart from fashion killers

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Tomorrow, the return of the Dual Squelchers!

:swoon:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

Considering what Inklings are made of, I'm thinking Paint Thinner would be the weapon of choice.
"Remember me, Callie? When I killed your brother, I talked just...like...THIS."

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Rexroom posted:

Tomorrow, the return of the Dual Squelchers!

:swoon:

Whoa whoa whoa, that's not the original dual squelcher, that's squelcher dualies. That's new!

But if it fires more or less the same way then it's all good. It was my favourite gun in the first game so I hope these are still similar.

EDIT: wait, holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/Nintendo_SW/status/890867013668810752
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/890861729567068161

It can function as dualies OR as a single OG dual squelcher, somehow. Not sure how the switching mechanic works but niiiice.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jul 28, 2017

Pyrocat
Oct 31, 2006
not a furry
They should make a spin-off game that keeps the aesthetic and fashion accessorizing but isn't a shooter.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pyrocat posted:

They should make a spin-off game that keeps the aesthetic and fashion accessorizing but isn't a shooter.

the heck would it possibly be then

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

Like Animal Crossing except you live in an apartment block in a hip city instead of a little country town.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so what, instead of different kinds of animals it's just different types of squids?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bownszeldapics/status/890884512959176708

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

Stunt/exploration game ala Tony Hawk / JSRF.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Supercar Gautier posted:

Not sure how the switching mechanic works but niiiice.

It'll just be the roll. The GIF has the squid crouching while firing

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I hope we still get the OG dual squelcher sometime soon. That was my jam in the first game.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think the stats on this might end up being pretty close to the original, aside from maybe rebalancing around the roll. At any rate, they'll be the longest-range dualies in the game so that's kind of a cool niche.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, that's not the original dual squelcher, that's squelcher dualies. That's new!

But if it fires more or less the same way then it's all good. It was my favourite gun in the first game so I hope these are still similar.

EDIT: wait, holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/Nintendo_SW/status/890867013668810752
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/890861729567068161

It can function as dualies OR as a single OG dual squelcher, somehow. Not sure how the switching mechanic works but niiiice.

Oh poo poo totally going to use those, glad to see they stole transforming weapons from CoD: Infinite Warfare

I think I've found my home in Rainmaker, I'll go on a win streak in C+, then go on a lose streak in B- :(

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not a reference, he's making a reaaaaally roundabout joke that Perl definitely was not.

Nah it was a pretty straightforward joke about the ambiguity of the word "sponge" that the localization team threw in there intentionally.

Escobarbarian posted:

Like....the birth control thing from the Seinfeld episode?

Precisely.

Big Nubbins fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 28, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Like....the birth control thing from the Seinfeld episode?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I've got a couple questions about mechanics:

What determines the number that gets added to your counter in Splat Zones?

How do you jump ranks?

Thanks.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

wuggles posted:

I've got a couple questions about mechanics:

What determines the number that gets added to your counter in Splat Zones?

How do you jump ranks?

Thanks.

The penalty number corresponds to how far ahead of the enemy team you are when you lose the zone. The purpose of the penalty is to reset the game to "neutral" (both teams will need an equal amount of capture time to get down to zero) while still giving you credit for how far you got. Think of it as Splat Zones' version of the tower moving back to the centre.

You jump ranks by blowing through a rank with such a great winning streak that the game realizes you're excellent and lets you skip a grade.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My bet on the Squelcher weapon is that you turn it into a squelcher but holding still and firing, but if your moving it's dualies.

Seems pretty neat regardless though!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Any idea what this primary ability on these boots is?

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
If you jump the landing marker is invisible to enemy players that are far away.
No idea if it's good because I don't know the distance.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

quiggy posted:

stealth jump

I think people earlier in the thread said it's mediocre compared to 1's

VVV
Updated Graphic for 2

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 28, 2017

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The Gorp posted:

If you jump the landing marker is invisible to enemy players that are far away.
No idea if it's good because I don't know the distance.

Isn't that this, or is this from Splatoon 1 and they updated the graphic?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

What are the op skills this game?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

quiggy posted:

If you're trying to ask what they normally appear as in the ingame store, the common ability of any of the rare splatnet abilities is at the bottom of the page.

Lakbay posted:

stealth jump

I think people earlier in the thread said it's mediocre compared to 1's

VVV
Updated Graphic for 2

Yeah, it isn't that great anymore. If enemies are right on top of your landing zone you're still boned. Drop-roll is much better now for landing into a hot zone and getting right back into the fight. Or, just let them camp your marker because you're splashing down anyway.

Tatsuta Age posted:

What are the op skills this game?

Ninja Squid is still very very very good. I would argue it is buffed from 1 because of lack of map awareness due to hiding the map. You can sneak up on people much more easily. Drop Roller can also be very good if you plan on jumping into trouble. Swim Speed and Move Speed are also insanely good. Respawn Punisher is going to be bad for a lot of people, but really broken for a small few.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 28, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'd argue against drop roller. The few times I bothered to use it I just rolled into enemy ink and got stuck there and died anyway. I really don't see much of a use for it.

I like Ink Resistance though.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nephzinho posted:

If you're trying to ask what they normally appear as in the ingame store, the common ability of any of the rare splatnet abilities is at the bottom of the page.

Yeah, it isn't that great anymore. If enemies are right on top of your landing zone you're still boned. Drop-roll is much better now for landing into a hot zone and getting right back into the fight. Or, just let them camp your marker because you're splashing down anyway.

Ninja Squid is still very very very good. I would argue it is buffed from 1 because of lack of map awareness due to hiding the map. You can sneak up on people much more easily. Drop Roller can also be very good if you plan on jumping into trouble. Swim Speed and Move Speed are also insanely good. Respawn Punisher is going to be bad for a lot of people, but really broken for a small few.

Hell yeah Ninja Squid. Once I got a 3-slot chest with it, I've been building around it with swim speed.

About Special Power Up -- anyone know if that increases the ink output of Ink Storm or just makes it do more damage? If it's the former, I kinda wanna stack it so it just floats a giant blob across the map. It seems to be killing more, though, so I suspect it's just the latter.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'd argue against drop roller. The few times I bothered to use it I just rolled into enemy ink and got stuck there and died anyway. I really don't see much of a use for it.

I like Ink Resistance though.

If you drop alone into enemy ink, you're dead no matter what. If you drop into a hot zone with roller you can flip a fight getting behind someone trying to camp. I played with it a bit and it was fine - i dropped it from Splattershot but may bring it back for a dualies kit.

enojy posted:

Hell yeah Ninja Squid. Once I got a 3-slot chest with it, I've been building around it with swim speed.

About Special Power Up -- anyone know if that increases the ink output of Ink Storm or just makes it do more damage? If it's the former, I kinda wanna stack it so it just floats a giant blob across the map. It seems to be killing more, though, so I suspect it's just the latter.

It increases duration and radiuses, not damage.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Shame Boner posted:

Nah it was a pretty straightforward joke about the ambiguity of the word "sponge" that the localization team threw in there intentionally.

Hell of a reach there my dude.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Glad to see "Stand Next to the Charger and Fire Your Short Range Gun From Their Perch" has returned.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Dear random pubbies; Would you kindly stop ignoring the loving Charger sniping you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

quiggy posted:

Related, I got some shoes earlier with this feature, wondered wtf it was, looked it up and then was :aaa: that I could jump up to my teammates. I've won way more games since I started doing that when needed. Hardly anyone seems to do that, I don't think most people know about it. There's times where it backfired but it's still super useful.