Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This is more of a general Nintendo thing, but;

Ausgoons, EB Games is now determined to get rid of their WiiU inventory, and have bargains like Star Fox Zero for $15AU ($36AU for the first-print version). Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Yoshi's Wooly World are all $28AU.
That's still expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Tokyo Mirage Sessions for $28AU is a bargain.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

irlZaphod posted:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions for $28AU is a bargain.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I wish other stores wanted to get rid of Wii U stuff. All local places are still selling Wii U games at full retail. Sometimes they're more than on the switch

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Super Sidekicks | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Namco Museum | NA | PAL | $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99 (eShop Only) (July 28)
Overcooked: Special Edition | NA | PAL | $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (eShop Only)
Physical Contact: SPEED | NA | PAL | $ ? / £4.49 / €4.99 (eShop Only)
Qbics Paint | NA | PAL | $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 (eShop Only)
Ultra Hyperball | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only) (July 28)

WiiU

Air Zonk (TG-16 VC) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)
Cubeshift | NA | PAL | $ ? / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
Galaxy Blaster | PAL | £1.39 / € ? (eShop Only)
Ninja Spirit (TG-16 VC) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)
Victory Run (TG-16 VC) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)

3DS

Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training | PAL | £24.99 / €29.99 (eShop / Retail) (July 28)
Hey! PIKMIN | NA | PAL | $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (eShop / Retail) (July 28)
Kid Tripp | NA | PAL | $3.99 / £3.59 / €3.99 (eShop Only)
Miitopia | NA | PAL | $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (eShop / Retail) (July 28)

New 3DS

Swipe | NA | PAL | $1.49 / £1.39 / €1.49 (eShop Only)

The big release on Switch this week is Overcooked: Special Edition, which is a frantic couch co-op game which supports up to 4 players. I have sort of fond memories of Super Sidekicks, although I don't think I played it myself much, just watched others play it in Arcades. Namco Museum includes Pac-Man VS, but requires 2 Switches to play. Qbics Paint is a sort of sculpting/painting game/program/app. Ultra Hyperball is a pixel-art game with a single-player story mode, plus co-op and versus modes for up to 4 players. It uses both motion control and touch screen, I presume it can be played in Docked mode though.

On the WiiU there are a few more TG-16 games dropping on the Virtual Console in NA - AirZonk, which is a spin-off of the Bonk! series, Ninja Spirit, a side-scrolling action game, and Victory Run, which is a bit of an Outrun clone.

In PAL-land it's a big week for 3DS - the release of Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training! It was released in North America on February 10th, 2013 (as Brain Age - Concentration Training [I never knew it had a different name in NA actually]), and is finally being released in PAL territories, with no clues as to why it has taken 4 years. The 3DS is also getting 2 more retail games this week, Miitopia and Hey! Pikmin. Both have demos up if you want to try them out. Kid Tripp is a port of a mobile game, a difficult platform runner.

Swipe is New 3DS exclusive for some reason.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Been waiting for this week.

Note that for pacman versus you only need two switches to play full pacman VS. With one switch you can all just be ghosts against ai.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

That's just Pac Man Co-Op. :colbert:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
PAL has a Summer Sale: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/July/Nintendo-eShop-sale-New-Summer-Sale-1247620.html

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I think I have everything that's on sale here that I would want. :smith:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

irlZaphod posted:

That's just Pac Man Co-Op. :colbert:

Fair point.

Overcooked is up now if you guys want to get your copies.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

Been waiting for this week.

Note that for pacman versus you only need two switches to play full pacman VS. With one switch you can all just be ghosts against ai.

The fact that they never released Pac-Man Vs. on the WiiU is crazy.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

When does the 3DS Eshop usually update? I thought the update/DLC for Mighty Gunvolt Burst was supposed to be out today for both consoles but I'm not seeing anything for it (it's apparently out for the Switch though).

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What does Namco Museum include? I want to walk around a virtual museum.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Then buy the ones on PSN because I don't think they've done that since the PS1 collections.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Switch one includes Pac Man Vs. which I believe is the first time it's been available outside of the Gamecube version and the arcade game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FanaticalMilk posted:

The Switch one includes Pac Man Vs. which I believe is the first time it's been available outside of the Gamecube version and the arcade game.

I believe that was also on a DS compilation too.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/890587601429643265
Apparently there's NES Remix style challenges, which is cool.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How much is the museum?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

How much is the museum?

$30. Bit too high imo. I'll pick it up on sale.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Honestly none of the games on the list interest me in the slightest except maybe dig dug

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

I believe that was also on a DS compilation too.

I just looked it up and it uses single cart multiplayer. That's fantastic!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

FanaticalMilk posted:

I just looked it up and it uses single cart multiplayer. That's fantastic!

*requires you to have friends. Friends with Switches.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

You know... Just a general question, I note with some extremely bitter dismay that two SNES releases are coming out on Nintendo's "mini-SNES" they are putting out this fall which I have been... well, patiently waiting to come to the New 3DS and cannot begin to understand why they're being released on that min-SNES thing, but not on my New 3DSXL.

The games I am talking about are "Final Fantasy III" (the US released of FFVI) and "Secret of Mana" (Seiken Densetsu 2). Heck, they could go even farther and actually give us an official port of Seiken Densetsu 3, but I may as well wish for an official port of Mother 3, really.

I just don't understand why they aren't releasing wildly popular games like that on the New 3DS. I suppose we should be grateful for the upgraded ports we got of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IV especially on the NDS. I still love that version of FFIV the most out of any one that's been released.

And I have got to say that I could not loathe the iOS/Android port of FFVI more. I just am of the opinion that it looks, feels, and plays like an absolute disgrace and my idea of a positive RPG gaming experience does NOT consist of squinting at my phone for hours on end. They'd probably port THAT version if they brought it to the 3DS :rolleyes:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's because nintendo will never do something intuitive and user-friendly when they can do something pointlessly complicated that requires an additional peripheral

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Nintendo is allergic to too much, too consistent success... case in point: Wii U after Wii; $250 3DS after DS

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

zenintrude posted:

*requires you to have friends. Friends with Switches.

I was speaking about the version on the DS Namco Museum. The multi on the Switch version looks stupid in terms of requirements.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The multiplayer on the Switch version requires two Switches, one copy of the game and one downloaded multiplayer client, which doesn't seem unreasonable.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You can also play on 1 Switch but you all have to be ghosts against an AI Pacman.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Nintendo doesn't own Final Fantasy or Secret of Mana so it's not really up to them if it goes on the VC or not.

They're both on the Wii VC but for whatever reason Square Enix stopped releasing stuff on Virtual Console outside of Japan after the Wii.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

irlZaphod posted:

Nintendo doesn't own Final Fantasy or Secret of Mana so it's not really up to them if it goes on the VC or not.

They're both on the Wii VC but for whatever reason Square Enix stopped releasing stuff on Virtual Console outside of Japan after the Wii.

Because they can sell them on iOS for $15 a pop. I think they added a minimum price policy but only in America for some reason. With SNES Classic maybe they skirt that by it being part of a more expensive package

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Because they can sell them on iOS for $15 a pop. I think they added a minimum price policy but only in America for some reason. With SNES Classic maybe they skirt that by it being part of a more expensive package

I'd wager part of it is they probably don't have to compile and debug their own emulated game(s) for it, so all the third-party studios who own them just have to say yes to free money.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd wager part of it is they probably don't have to compile and debug their own emulated game(s) for it, so all the third-party studios who own them just have to say yes to free money.

Well I think Nintendo does all the work on virtual console as well.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/890829176533594112

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

"The bowser dick stuff is GOOD and should GO BACK IN"? :stonk:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

And More posted:

"The bowser dick stuff is GOOD and should GO BACK IN"? :stonk:

Likely editing notes for either his podcast cool games Inc or his video series welcome to hell

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Likely editing notes for either his podcast cool games Inc or his video series welcome to hell

Or Touch the Skyrim, which often deals with dicks and Bowsers.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The European MN has a free Nikki theme, and more Swapdoodle lessons. SD itself has a free stationery pack as well.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sarchasm posted:

Or Touch the Skyrim, which often deals with dicks and Bowsers.
Or just a joke which he left in the background for people to see

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Namco is pretty good. Everything plays well, and the bezels look great. Wish they gave you more games for the money. Now if only I could hook this up to my iCade...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

kaworu posted:

You know... Just a general question, I note with some extremely bitter dismay that two SNES releases are coming out on Nintendo's "mini-SNES" they are putting out this fall which I have been... well, patiently waiting to come to the New 3DS and cannot begin to understand why they're being released on that min-SNES thing, but not on my New 3DSXL.

I just don't understand why they aren't releasing wildly popular games like that on the New 3DS.

As a Switch owner.....I feel you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can I give my 30% MyNintendo birthday discount away? I already have all the games listed and I wouldn't mind sharing with a goon that needs it.