Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
Make sure to vote for this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLzvcdmhXJY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Andrast posted:

You forgot the real reason: RTZ will never win a Valve event

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

this one is good as hell too

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Majuju posted:

Did he quit? He's still listed on their website. I thought he just mentioned possibly taking a year off to focus on dota poo poo?

Crell posted:

I'm pretty sure he's just taking sabbatical.

He's off the list of Western Econ faculty (he was still on as of January), and you'll notice that profs on sabbatical have mentions like "Associate Professor - On Sabbatical January 1, 2018 to June 30, 2018".

+ his twitter profile says "Former Econ Prof @ChicagoBooth & @westernu"

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Lmao at quitting a tenured prof job at a well respected r1 to get dunked on by GrandGrant hoooooly poo poo grant you my boy

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
hah a yeah laughin at the guy whos got a well paying future at any trading firm Lol o_O

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

gangnam reference posted:

hah a yeah laughin at the guy whos got a well paying future at any trading firm Lol o_O

I wanna see the nahaz mental breakdown the first time a trader yells at him because his model lost the desk a couple mil

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

unironically yes

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hello friends I haven't played a dota in 6 months

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://cybersport.com/post/these-are-our-battle-pass-predictions-for-the-international-2017

noxville's predictions in case you care about someone who might actually statistically analyze things

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

emdash posted:

https://cybersport.com/post/these-are-our-battle-pass-predictions-for-the-international-2017

noxville's predictions in case you care about someone who might actually statistically analyze things

EG wins? Noxville is a genius.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hell ya I'm gonna laugh at him

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
next year valve should invite nahaz's wife and not him and tear their marriage apart

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

christ if you vote pudge i honestly dont know what to tell you, you're disgusting

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

tote up a bags posted:

christ if you vote pudge i honestly dont know what to tell you, you're disgusting

People voting for the thing closest to their appearance? Well I never

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/miakhalifa/status/890742446795239424

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Silver Alicorn posted:

We are here to continue to support you in your fight against this terrible addiction. Keep strong! You are doing great, friend!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

same

Silver Alicorn posted:

grats

Pinterest Mom posted:

He's off the list of Western Econ faculty (he was still on as of January), and you'll notice that profs on sabbatical have mentions like "Associate Professor - On Sabbatical January 1, 2018 to June 30, 2018".

+ his twitter profile says "Former Econ Prof @ChicagoBooth & @westernu"

what a dummy

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

I started goofin around in bad game heroes of the storm

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Murky is really fun

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

laffo

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Reality Winner posted:

Murky is really fun

I agree

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Majuju posted:

I started goofin around in bad game heroes of the storm

I picked up Elite: Dangerous

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I played HotS for a bit a few months ago when they launched 2.0 and gave out a ton of free heroes and it's much better than on launch. Also they 're constantly adding new heroes which is cool. But then got back into FF XIV so I haven't played it in like two months.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xtanstic posted:

drat I got owned good

ap stylebook also demands you call people 'people struggling to enter europe' as opposed to 'refugees' or 'migrants.' it has no bearing in the dota world. bring back the hyphen-

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

JollyPubJerk posted:

ap stylebook also demands you call people 'people struggling to enter europe' as opposed to 'refugees' or 'migrants.' it has no bearing in the dota world. bring back the hyphen-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iZ-aQjbrPY

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Always a proclick

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ah the memories.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
not to distract from JPJ being a complete waste of biological material, but our boy artour is the topic of a piece in rolling stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/dota-2s-arteezy-on-the-hunt-for-big-game-at-the-international-w494565

we big time now

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

botany posted:

not to distract from JPJ being a complete waste of biological material, but our boy artour is the topic of a piece in rolling stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/dota-2s-arteezy-on-the-hunt-for-big-game-at-the-international-w494565

we big time now

This is a really great article.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

first Trudeau, then Arteezy???

more like Roulling Stoune

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Is this the first year in a while where there is no clear favorite going into the international? The clear favorite hasn't always won, but I remember that going into every TI there has been at least 1 team that everyone considered to be a step above the rest.

TI3 - Alliance (we all know what happened)
TI4 - Newbee (then they struggled in the group stage but came out swinging in the main event)
TI5 - Secret (It's a disaster!)
TI6 - Wings

The closest would be what, OG, because of the major wins? But even then I wouldn't put them that far ahead of iG, EG, VP, Liquid. The field seems to be the closest its ever been.

Edit: I'm doubting myself about TI4 now, because I can't remember what people were thinking about DK or VG heading into TI.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 28, 2017

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013
I think DK were the clear frontrunners in TI4 but they flamed out.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
This South African tournament is a masterclass in feeding uphill back and forth.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
for the first time in TI history

https://twitter.com/EternaLEnVy1991/status/888571333017317377

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I'm calling liquid as TI winners and my dark horse is VP

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I'm all aboard the EG hype train. Artour will get an aegis and EG will be the first team to win twice.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

mikeraskol posted:

Is this the first year in a while where there is no clear favorite going into the international? The clear favorite hasn't always won, but I remember that going into every TI there has been at least 1 team that everyone considered to be a step above the rest.

TI3 - Alliance (we all know what happened)
TI4 - Newbee (then they struggled in the group stage but came out swinging in the main event)
TI5 - Secret (It's a disaster!)
TI6 - Wings

The closest would be what, OG, because of the major wins? But even then I wouldn't put them that far ahead of iG, EG, VP, Liquid. The field seems to be the closest its ever been.

Edit: I'm doubting myself about TI4 now, because I can't remember what people were thinking about DK or VG heading into TI.

Newbee was not a step above the rest before ti4. If anything they figured out the true tournament meta after VG set it, so they adapted to it beat VG with their own strat. I would say at TI4 the favorites were EG and DK. Not Vici or Newbee.

Secret was definitely the favorite at ti5 after winning like 4-5 LANs before that tournament.

TI6 I would say OG, Liquid and Wings were the 3 favorites going in. OG flamed out in spectacular fashion, Liquid did ok but didn't live up to expectations. Wings obviously was a step above the rest before but they honestly upped their game so much at ti6.

This year my favorites would be EG, VP, OG, Liquid and LGD.

I wouldn't say OG is the clear favorite though despite their major wins (since they only did well at the majors and the other tournaments they didn't so hot). Also reminder that Majors this tournament season were single elim, and they have trouble in double elim. Its gonna be a toss up, but I think Liquid may falter since there is so much information on their playstyle right before TI.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

For years, Arteezy read How to be Like Mike: Life Lessons about Basketball’s Best almost every day.

Lol that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Werent Newbee almost eliminated in the group stages of TI4, but the wonky structure made them skip ahead to final day through some kind of magic shitstorm?

• Locked thread