Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh, yeah. the G-Rail's pretty nice, assuming you let the thing fully charge. A one-burst kill, but you must fully charge the thing. Stock's essential, Foregrip's great on it, and I got the Mk2 Rare variant which has increased damage range in my bundle drops.

I also got ETH.3N as my first Hero Rig.

And also I refuse to use the .44 until I get Akimbo. It might be good as an aiming weapon, but gently caress that I wanna be the robot cowboy with two of the fuckin' things that has a faster hipfire fire rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

They brought the best part of the campaign to the multiplayer? gently caress.

:negative:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

JackGeneric posted:

If the gun doesn't fire electricity with reckless abandon, it ain't Winston.

And I'm not just saying that because I just realized the Steel Dragon is basically Winston's gun, but with plasma, nosiree.

What about that Erad variant that does basically the same thing?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

60 no dupe crates haul:
- NV-4 Flatline
- Type-2 Butcher
- DMR-1 Spectacle
- EBR Osiris
- .44 Marshall (legendary new pistol)

Also got a dupe smoothbore from the 6 or so rare boxes I had. Only got the rare G-Rail so I’m kinda annoyed but it’s something to play with for now. Flatline and Butcher are great because I was just about ready to craft them and now I’m up to 18k salvage for other poo poo.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Facetious posted:

What about that Erad variant that does basically the same thing?

It doesn't actually have homing; if you turn while aiming, the beam can "bend" in ways that make it look like it does. Also the Steel Dragon can target multiple enemies simultaneously, which is the strongest parallel.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

JackGeneric posted:

It doesn't actually have homing; if you turn while aiming, the beam can "bend" in ways that make it look like it does. Also the Steel Dragon can target multiple enemies simultaneously, which is the strongest parallel.

No it can't, the Steel Dragon has to kill one at a time, it's just very fast at it because it switches targets by itself once they're dead. Yeah, they're both closer to Zarya's gun in beam mode.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Somebody get on and save me from these poo poo hell pubbies before I have an aneurysm

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo, it happened. I had a game with noticeable lag and skipping in IW. Still smashed the other team to the ground and cycled wardens before the first one was done and it was fun as gently caress because this game rules.

Gauss rifle is... not really worth in this hyperfuck normal gameplay. it should be real nice in HC.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I feel that as a team we would all do even better if we all had this gesture and spammed it non-stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjWacLJnJJo

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
As the guy who wants to love every gun, particularly this one, I don't say this lightly: the Gauss Rifle is total butt right now. It can get one-hit charge shot kills up close, but the requirement to plant your feet for an extended time means any remotely mobile enemy can blunt that advantage. The charge damage dissipates too quickly at range, the recharge time is too long, and the scope sway is too exaggerated to make it viable as a lite sniper. Its rate of fire cap and low recoil means it can land follow-up shots okay, but the scope sway will gently caress you every few shots, and the damage on uncharged shots is crap even at middle range, so expect 5+ hits to kill if you whiff a charge shot.

The revolver seems okay but it loses points for being insufficiently stylish.

E: Also, this is almost certainly confirmation bias, but after the games we had tonight it felt like they accidentally flipped the negative sign on the parameter that's supposed to keep you from spawning near enemies. Every game was just a ball of people from both teams spawning on the same half of the map.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 26, 2017

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I'm trying to get the Man Cave renovations finished so I can CoD it up with you all. Had the guy come in a fix the wall only to find out water is getting into the basement from a busted gutter downpipe. Getting that replaced tomorrow and then hopefully the drywall can get finished this weekend. Being a homeowner is expensive.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

water getting into basements loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I dealt with that like 4 years ago and the water sealing treatment on the walls was all hosed and we had to give the entire basement a couple of coats before putting everything back to where it was.

JackGeneric posted:

As the guy who wants to love every gun, particularly this one, I don't say this lightly: the Gauss Rifle is total butt right now. It can get one-hit charge shot kills up close, but the requirement to plant your feet for an extended time means any remotely mobile enemy can blunt that advantage. The charge damage dissipates too quickly at range, the recharge time is too long, and the scope sway is too exaggerated to make it viable as a lite sniper. Its rate of fire cap and low recoil means it can land follow-up shots okay, but the scope sway will gently caress you every few shots, and the damage on uncharged shots is crap even at middle range, so expect 5+ hits to kill if you whiff a charge shot.

Yeah the gauss definitely needs some work. Epic variant should just have it automatically charge while not in ADS (this would probably make it super loving OP but the current perk kinda sucks). I think if they tweak the damage range and lower the charge up time a little it'd be usable. As it is, it takes just too many bullets to kill uncharged and the risk vs reward of charged isn't there.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 26, 2017

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Off topic question - but did any of you switch jerks get splatoon 2? I'm thinking about picking it up so I have some mobile shooty (painty?) mans.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I did. I like it a ton

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

housefly posted:

Off topic question - but did any of you switch jerks get splatoon 2? I'm thinking about picking it up so I have some mobile shooty (painty?) mans.

painty(k|squ)ids

I skipped over it when it came out, but it is adorable...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

housefly posted:

Had to pass. I really didn't like the camera at all; with or without motion control.
Too much CoD, I guess.

Maybe Arms...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

housefly posted:

I hated the controls during the splatfest so I'm passing for now. I hear it's super good even though I will call it trash on the Switch thread just like every other Switch game.

(also post a dog update, tia)

Mister Facetious posted:

Had to pass. I really didn't like the camera at all; with or without motion control.
Too much CoD, I guess.

Maybe Arms...

Wait for a sale unless you're a big fan of fighting games. The controls are actually really good and it's super fun and charming in its own way but if you're even thinking of playing this in ranked/competitively then it's a huge time skink to grind out all the arms (then upgrading all of said arms).

It's really fun for local play with friends, though. I've gotten plenty of fun from it.

But what the Switch really needs is IW.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

But what the Switch really needs is IW.

Would literally (figuratively) prefer death to Nintendo's chat :airquote: "solution".

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I'm going on vacation for four days so y'all get in here and play tonight. Me and skeeter are on now

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

(also post a dog update, tia)

dog owns

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Post-update update: Broken garbage game is still loving unplayable trash.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

yo so like me and my dudebros used to go play modern warfare 2 back when that first hit and it was awesome because we would be so sweaty from the gym and poo poo and modern warfare 2 was like the premier chill game at the time. i mean you could just bring a 30 pack of natty ice and some friends and some old-rear end tvs and if you got on the multiplayer it was just fuckin awesome because theres all this cool poo poo like two shotguns like the fuckin terminator and rocket launchers and poo poo and balance wasnt a fuckin issue because it was fun as poo poo to just do the cool poo poo.

but now i have a job and some bros and like, call of duty just sucks man, you gotta actually put together a class and poo poo and you got some nerds who give a poo poo about their kills and deaths and i- a fuckin responsible adult who still buys natty ice- just wanna fuckin shoot the men with my bros. i mean the space cod could be good but it feels fuckin weird with those nerd guys who can't have fun and want some poo poo like five kills per death or somethin and it's just not fun to focus on killin poo poo man.

and now we go to world war 2 with some straight edge and semi gritty poo poo and i'm just like "can i still drink my natty ice and shoot the guys with my bros" and i fuckin doubt it because like you have those same nerds going solo and like quitting mid match because they suck and apparently some poo poo about internet codes and ten hertz? can i just get a game where i shoot the guys without these weird-rear end terms like "meta" and "overpowered" and "loving trash noob kill yourself use a real gun" i just wanna have fun while drinkin with my bros man and i think we're all burning out on doing some poo poo called "charging our JO crystals".

i mean it feels good but its just not enough anymore man

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

If I knew how to record audio, I'd be so tempted to read that in my best dudebro accent.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Post-update update: Broken garbage game is still loving unplayable trash.

You were top 2 in like literally every game except the last (you were third). Stop openly hating this game you genuinely secretly love because all other options are somehow worse. I'm going to miss my hyper aggressive yokai and nades class when I prestige next time I play but now I have a flatline for those early ranks.

Combat focus challenge is hell, though. I may switch to... Stryker... for camos? gently caress it's all hell from here now that I finished all the fun ones.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

True story: back in college it was an urban legend around campus that naty ice caused frat boy cum to be extra sticky and that's why sorority girls all had raspy voices.

You know the voice I'm talking about.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You were top 2 in like literally every game except the last (you were third). Stop openly hating this game you genuinely secretly love because all other options are somehow worse. I'm going to miss my hyper aggressive yokai and nades class when I prestige next time I play but now I have a flatline for those early ranks.

Combat focus challenge is hell, though. I may switch to... Stryker... for camos? gently caress it's all hell from here now that I finished all the fun ones.

No comment on my awesome dog after the update request? Harrumph!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

housefly posted:

True story: back in college it was an urban legend around campus that naty ice caused frat boy cum to be extra sticky and that's why sorority girls all had raspy voices.

You know the voice I'm talking about.

No comment on my awesome dog after the update request? Harrumph!

Oh gently caress I totally missed it. That dog looks so loving happy i bet playing fetch with it is a blast. Man, i want a dog.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The game is a busted loving garbage fire of poo poo; placing is irrelevant when it isn't any Goddamned fun because all you see is nothing but constant loving shoot first, hit first, die first loving dice roll bullshit results.

Also: git fukken gud

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No need to be good as long as I’m better at calling wardens before you :c00l:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh gently caress I totally missed it. That dog looks so loving happy i bet playing fetch with it is a blast. Man, i want a dog.

I have to teach him how to drop the ball on command (which won't take long, just have to do it) but he's super dope. And yeah he's a happy guy. I think I've really turned things around for him. He's dropped a little weight and I have him being super active now. A tired dog is a happy dog after all.

I think I'm going to be in yellow springs Friday evening with him and one of the gents I'm courting if you want to meet him in person.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

People are saying Cross' VA is pic 2 here. I think we really are getting Extinction back.

Or at least a Cryptid bonus round. Still, I kinda wanna hope it just goes full Cryptid.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No need to be good as long as I’m better at calling wardens before you :c00l:
I think my highlight of last night was earning a warden (not getting it out of a box) and then depriving Macys of being able to call in his. That was the game I went 16-0 with a loving sniper rifle and still ended up in 5th place, got to love playing with goons.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So... uh... yeah. There's a reason any CODs work with full parties. Because if you have less than 6, you're probably getting the braindead pubs.

And to make matters worse, tonight felt like the bullshit factor went up to a point where I said "Let's just stop playing, game's poo poo with poo poo-minded pubs". I mean, you should not be able to one-burst kill someone with a loving Hailstorm Culling Mk 2. Like, no. It's a poo poo pistol that didn't need the R3K damage range.

To make matters worse, cheesy sweaty pubs is something going BOTG is NEVER GONNA FIX. People WILL find the cheese, and people WILL ruin the game. You either roll with the punches or leave, sadly. Which sucks because like, some of the poo poo I saw with WW2's classes seemed fun. Like, fuckin' sign me up for whatever that one perk was that made scorestreaks easier to get. But if it gets nerfed, well GG fuckers.

Long story short, I'm shackled to this dead gay series because it at least is there on PS4. And maybe PC, assuming I ever go back to FPSes on PC.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Facetious posted:

The game is a busted loving garbage fire of poo poo; placing is irrelevant when it isn't any Goddamned fun because all you see is nothing but constant loving shoot first, hit first, die first loving dice roll bullshit results.

Also: git fukken gud

there is seriously something wrong with you

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

widespread posted:

People are saying Cross' VA is pic 2 here. I think we really are getting Extinction back.

Or at least a Cryptid bonus round. Still, I kinda wanna hope it just goes full Cryptid.

That's Archer and Cross' VA so I'm even more hyped.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's Archer and Cross' VA so I'm even more hyped.

Explain how Archer gets on the spaceship then.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

there is seriously something wrong with you

Hating bad games is seriously wrong?
:thunk:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Nah but hating good well coded games is!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Oh, thank goodness I'm not doing that then!

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I bought the variety map pack for MWR but when I try to start a custom game on one of those maps, the game acts like I haven't downloaded them, which I have. Xbox One. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Continuing to play them is. Don't you have anything better to do?

• Locked thread