Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
PSA: You can remove gems from items for free at any time, so always be socketing. Don't be like me and not even open the embed screen because you assume it's a limited resource.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Playing a Shepard is fun as hell. I just dragged 4 pubbies through all four 5 mans in a row as a level 35 in mediocre gear with zero problems. Our 32 Tank was pulling all the trash at once like an idiot and it still didn't matter. I'm gonna start running guild members through dungeons because finding reliable parties as a DPS is hard sometimes.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Vulpes posted:

PSA: You can remove gems from items for free at any time, so always be socketing. Don't be like me and not even open the embed screen because you assume it's a limited resource.

I did this too at first for a few days. I assumed it was like WoW.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I haven't taken the time to really pay a lot of attention to anything yet, I just keep auto completing quests, running from one spot to the next, and I did that first raid.

Is there some sort of deep system in here, like crafting/forging/enchanting?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
There is a decent crafting/forging system but the materials are ridiculously expensive right now. Focus on 5 man raids and the reputation gear until the playerbase grows and you can buy things reasonably.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Question about the Reputation gear: I bought a piece and I can't equip it, and i can Identify it, but that requires crafting materials. Is that normal or is the game loving up?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Jumpoff posted:

Question about the Reputation gear: I bought a piece and I can't equip it, and i can Identify it, but that requires crafting materials. Is that normal or is the game loving up?

Do you meet the level requirement? If not it'll have a red banner on the icon showing the level you need to be to use it.

Edit: Oh I just read the rest of your sentence.. :doh:

I haven't seen that before so I'm not too sure.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

explosivo posted:

Do you meet the level requirement? If not it'll have a red banner on the icon showing the level you need to be to use it.

Edit: Oh I just read the rest of your sentence.. :doh:

I haven't seen that before so I'm not too sure.

I'm 33 trying to use a level 30 piece. I don't know what the hell is going on with it but whatever most of the gear is blue or purple anyway.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah some of the best stuff requires you to Identify it before it's usable. You'll unlock mystery bonuses.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009

Vulpes posted:

And to add to this further, gems jump from gear automatically when you equip new stuff.
Super helpful

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran
Joined up as Caliginis. Guess I'll spec healer or something?

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Well right now we have 27 Warriors, 32 rangers and 37 mystics.
Do what you will with that info

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

FistEnergy posted:

Yeah some of the best stuff requires you to Identify it before it's usable. You'll unlock mystery bonuses.

As far as I know this is true for all high-end gear, whether it's drops or rep rewards. The 'identify' process is expensive, I'm guessing it's the main money sink in the end-game. Not standard MMO model at all.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Joined as AnimeTits

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
We won our Guild Showdown against Exiled because those losers didn't even show up. We rode around and captured cannons and monuments and poo poo and got killed in 1 hit by their camp guardian until we learned to stay away.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

Joined as AnimeTits

Lol sorry for the teamkick, you didn't have a clan title above your head.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I wish the push notifications for events actually loving worked. I'm never gonna make a time based anything :sigh:

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
In as Trampus.

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran
What's up with Agitated Elemntals? I seem to be stuck on 4/5 (16/20). Am I missing something?

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet
In as BarfDumpster.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

furthur8 posted:

What's up with Agitated Elemntals? I seem to be stuck on 4/5 (16/20). Am I missing something?

If you're still a lowish level it could be the group you're with killed elementals of a higher tier than you could get credit for. It's kind of a dumb system -- some require 30+ and some are lower.

Or your group could be killing elemental lords instead of agitated elementals. They are different creatures that spawn in the same area, and people don't tend to notice or care.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I was looking into all of the contributions you can make to your guild, and I can't really do any of them yet, since I'm still only level 13 :negative:

I'll get there.

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran

someone awful. posted:

If you're still a lowish level it could be the group you're with killed elementals of a higher tier than you could get credit for. It's kind of a dumb system -- some require 30+ and some are lower.

Or your group could be killing elemental lords instead of agitated elementals. They are different creatures that spawn in the same area, and people don't tend to notice or care.

This makes sense, thanks.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
So are we officially going with dark side faction? The sooner we decide, the more daily rep we can get.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
At what point do you decide a faction? I'm lvl 20 and don't believe I selected one still.

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
I went with shadow fwiw.

Apart from the weekly event how do we earn money for the guild?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah, Shadow side.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Seems like you can't switch faction, I'm boned.

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran
I want to like this, I really do, but after sitting in a PVP lobby for an hour I'm inclined to say gently caress this.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Seems like you can't switch faction, I'm boned.

Faction choice doesn't matter within a guild from what I've read.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

furthur8 posted:

I want to like this, I really do, but after sitting in a PVP lobby for an hour I'm inclined to say gently caress this.

Don't play PvP? There is plenty of poo poo to do.

Chappelle4Life
Sep 4, 2013
Joined as Chappelle! Game is way better than expected, also does not use half as much data as I thought.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did anyone ever figure out what that "Artifacting" stuff is when spells are going off? It's like the spell effects are just Paint templates or something where particle effects should be.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
The PvP isn't fleshed out yet. Just farm 5 mans until you're ready for Heroic dungeons. I finally beat a couple today and it's a nice 10 man challenge.

If you're not getting the purps you want to drop, check the Reputation tab. A lot of them are available though grinding.

There's tons to do.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

m.hache posted:

Did anyone ever figure out what that "Artifacting" stuff is when spells are going off? It's like the spell effects are just Paint templates or something where particle effects should be.

It's a known issue, they are apparently working on it.

Seconding 'PVP faction isn't important' - guild pvp ignores it anyway, and the rest is pretty lacklustre and only available at certain times of day. They might flesh it out later but hopefully if they do, they add a way to switch teams.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This game makes me realize that I'd kill for Diablo 3 on mobile.

Edit: Oh also, turns out I chose the light side before I knew you were all going Shadow. Sorry!

If anyone wants to add me, I'm Rupertas in the guild.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 28, 2017

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Has anyone had a good experience with PVP? I've mostly run into people teleporting around. Mobile game and such.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Battlegrounds is a pretty crappy experience IMO. I'm dying for a zoomed out minimap and a keyboard/mouse.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

FistEnergy posted:

Battlegrounds is a pretty crappy experience IMO. I'm dying for a zoomed out minimap and a keyboard/mouse.

have you tried playing on pc

(its still crap)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

Yeah I did not have fun doing that.

• Locked thread