Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

The GIG posted:

Hell of a reach there my dude.

No more of a reach than any of the other obvious double entendres in the game.
Edit: who does the localization? If it's the same team that did Monster Hunter Generations, it's 100% intentional.

Anyway so hey the video game Splatoon 2 is pretty fun.

Big Nubbins fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

i absolutely don't mind just joining a general game lobby with friends and occasionally playing with or against them, that's one of the things i enjoyed most about team fortress 2 and one of the things i missed the most about overwatch. sometimes it's just fun to get into duels with your friends.

i just seriously wish there was a way to queue up for games together at all rather than having one person join a game and then hope your friend can join in on you before the round starts

Just bully pubbies until you take it over if you can't get the last spot.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

The N-Zapper is the best newbie weapon imho. Fantastic ink coverage, good ink efficiency, great sub and special, no gimmicks.

The Splattershot Jr is friggin fantastic though.

Once you hit B ranks the Aerosprays become N-Zappers (at least that's how it was last night)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm using the n-zapper cause of the sticky bombs almost never fail to clear a tower out as most people aren't brave enough to try to align it with the pillar. Plus I tend to chuck it on the side that if they want to do that they have to come to the front where we're all waiting :black101:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Shame Boner posted:

Edit: who does the localization? If it's the same team that did Monster Hunter Generations, it's 100% intentional.

No, Capcom did not localize Splatoon.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

TFRazorsaw posted:

so what, instead of different kinds of animals it's just different types of squids?

Hell, sure. But if they're going to represent different species of squid as Inkling then they should do some kind of class-based Team Fortress-like mode.

Colossal squid or giant squid with a Splatling as the heavy class? Sign me the gently caress up

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

No, Capcom did not localize Splatoon.

Thanks, but that's not what I asked. It doesn't mean that Capcom didn't contract Treehouse or that both Nintendo and Capcom didn't contract the same localization team.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Capcom localized MHG with an in-house Capcom team. Nintendo localized Splatoon and Splatoon 2 with an in-house Treehouse team. They were not localized by the same team, and there was no reason to ever even theorize they were localized by the same team, and even if they had been localized by the same team (they weren't), that team wouldn't necessarily choose to put sex jokes into every game they localize.

That's true. I realize that was reaching but at this point I'm really just curious.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Treehouse is Nintendo of America's in-house localization team.

You're probably thinking of 8-4, a localization team that has worked on Monster Hunter games and first-party Nintendo games. They weren't involved in MHG in any capacity.

Thanks, 8-4 was who I was thinking of.

Big Nubbins fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 28, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The next line is 'Well I like to work up a good lather first'. That's the joke. Stop being weirds.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Shame Boner posted:

Thanks, but that's not what I asked. It doesn't mean that Capcom didn't contract Treehouse or that both Nintendo and Capcom didn't contract the same localization team.

Capcom localized MHG with an in-house Capcom team. Nintendo localized Splatoon and Splatoon 2 with an in-house Treehouse team. They were not localized by the same team, and there was no reason to ever even theorize they were localized by the same team, and even if they had been localized by the same team (they weren't), that team wouldn't necessarily choose to put sex jokes into every game they localize.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lakbay posted:

Once you hit B ranks the Aerosprays become N-Zappers (at least that's how it was last night)

Eventually people gotta figure out that the Aerospray kind of blows in ranked

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Shame Boner posted:

Treehouse is Nintendo of America's in-house localization team.

You're probably thinking of 8-4, a localization team that has worked on Monster Hunter games and first-party Nintendo games. They weren't involved in MHG in any capacity.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Rollers are good newbie weapons vs other newbies who are still feeling out the game flow, but if you play a roller badly good players will punish you for bad positioning and if you miss your kill flicks you won't get a second chance. Rollers are more interesting now with the vertical flick and if you jump out of hiding and do the wrong flick type you're probably dead. Play well and rollers are rewarding. Don't play well and get stomped.

1 more level up until I can have my dynamo and rain splats everywhere.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Saint Freak posted:

The next line is 'Well I like to work up a good lather first'. That's the joke. Stop being weirds.

For real, this. It's just this. The idea of them referring to female birth control is humorous but unfortunately very unlikely.

Hung out in Ranked for the first time today. Made the mildest amount of progress in Rainmaker and Tower Control. Still very fun and intense and I doubt I'll spend much time in those modes due to being bad at splatting people but they're awesome. Tower Control games seem to be over way faster, though.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Three games in a row I've had two afk on either team, Nintendo please fix.

Edit: four. I'm not exaggerating. This is unplayable right now.

Frankston fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 28, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat that's nuts. I'm definitely getting at least one dropout on at least 40% of all Turf War matches. I myself have only had a connection error in the middle of a match twice. Haven't noticed anywhere near as many active lag issues re: other players as Splatoon 1 had, but so far the disconnects seem worse.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i can't wait to pay $20 for this great network that drops someone in about 30% of my games

edit: that's probably a high number but that's how it feels sometimes

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kaubocks posted:

i can't wait to pay $20 for this great network that drops someone in about 30% of my games

edit: that's probably a high number but that's how it feels sometimes

I'd wager most of those are people intentionally dropping it.

I only got one drop out right before a match started last night in ranked and we still ended up winning 3v4.:D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's probably like 90% of those are people just leaving or getting in queue and then somebody calls or knocks on their door. And then 10% disconnects, although in countless hours in 1+2 at this point I've never had a unintentional drop happen to me

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Play ranked everyone

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Evil Eagle posted:

Play ranked everyone

then I'll get actual grumpy every time I have a losing streak instead of just mildly annoyed, because I am incapable of not caring about rank when it exists. I almost always played unranked in Rocket League because of that :saddowns:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'd wager most of those are people intentionally dropping it.

I only got one drop out right before a match started last night in ranked and we still ended up winning 3v4.:D

I like how the game will start with 3 people on one team like nothing's wrong

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
there's probably a pretty a good chance there were four when it left the lobby to start the game

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

If you quit at just the right moment it will show 7 in the lobby as the game starts

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Just hit B- in Splat Zones so I'm now out of C in all 3 categories. Had a straight win streak of matches in the current rotation. Had a real close one where in the first two minutes the enemy had <10 ticks left for a KO but I managed to flank them with my trislosher and hold the point all the way for a reversal KO. There was player on my team just kinda inking turf and filling in the map so that was a good feeling.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Shame Boner posted:

No more of a reach than any of the other obvious double entendres in the game.

Anyway so hey the video game Splatoon 2 is pretty fun.

Monster Hunter is rated T and its Capcom.

Splatoon is rated E and its Nintendo.

Lmao of course a goon with the name "shame boner" would be assume everything is a sex reference

Supercar Gautier posted:

Bingo.

Even if it was the same team, Nintendo would have different requirements and standards.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is it me or is climbing up walls in squid form incredibly loving janky? I always seem to get stuck on corners and have to wildly mash jump and the control stick to get anywhere.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy loving poo poo of the five games I played today 4 of them were reduced to me frantically and ineffectually painting the enemy's back line as the rest of my team were spawnlocked and incapable of doing anything. If Nintendo hadn't made the worst voice/party solution ever devised I'd be jumping on that immediately.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I am so glad you can get multiple raises in your rank because after taking out most of the enemy team and having the fourth one splat you only to find out that your team is still back painting in ranked mode you really want to get to a rank where your team will know what they're doing.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I am so glad you can get multiple raises in your rank because after taking out most of the enemy team and having the fourth one splat you only to find out that your team is still back painting in ranked mode you really want to get to a rank where your team will know what they're doing.

Agreed. This is a cool and good idea and doesn't make those lovely teams quite as frustrating

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Why are the splat bombs considered bad? I enjoy using them because I know when they hit they're gonna paint, not bounce and end up useless in a corner.

Also yes I know I am terrible at shooters I just wanted to have fun with friends :(

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Deleter posted:

Holy loving poo poo of the five games I played today 4 of them were reduced to me frantically and ineffectually painting the enemy's back line as the rest of my team were spawnlocked and incapable of doing anything. If Nintendo hadn't made the worst voice/party solution ever devised I'd be jumping on that immediately.

I'm starting to feel like doing this is counterproductive unless you do it soon enough to force em to disengage your 3 teammates

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Splat bombs are fine they're just not 1 shot kills like the other bombs but as you've grasped they're instant and cover the area, which is going to make it harder for someone to get away or to finish them off if they are trying to. S Rank carbon rollers use them VERY effectively.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a lvl 1 I had to try 8 times to get a game going. People kept dropping right before it was full. Are they leaving because they don't want to risk having an utter newbie on their team?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Splatoon 2 Turf Wars Worst Players to have on your team

5. Aiden
4. Ayden
3. Aidyn
2. Aydyn
1. Yydyn

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fauxtool posted:

As a lvl 1 I had to try 8 times to get a game going. People kept dropping right before it was full. Are they leaving because they don't want to risk having an utter newbie on their team?

Is your name one of these?

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Splatoon 2 Turf Wars Worst Players to have on your team

5. Aiden
4. Ayden
3. Aidyn
2. Aydyn
1. Yydyn

Mooks
Apr 18, 2007

Well! What is it!

The Heavy Splatling seems pretty good for Splat Zones. The range is decent to keep the zone covered from further back and at B+ rank people still seem to walk into the line of fire repeatedly.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mooks posted:

The Heavy Splatling seems pretty good for Splat Zones. The range is decent to keep the zone covered from further back and at B+ rank people still seem to walk into the line of fire repeatedly.

Yeah, plus the sprinklers are really good for keeping them from creeping up on you.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

Splat bombs are fine they're just not 1 shot kills like the other bombs but as you've grasped they're instant and cover the area, which is going to make it harder for someone to get away or to finish them off if they are trying to. S Rank carbon rollers use them VERY effectively.

I thought Burst bombs were the one that couldn't 1 hit splat people.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Splat Bombs are the triangles (Those are good) and Burst Bombs are the balloons (Which aren't as useful, but have their uses.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah I goofed the names but had the balloons in my head as I was typing, oops :P