Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Just fyi Jah just kicked Embid's rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks man this owns

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'll be home around dinnertime EST and will get around to the requests then

euphronius posted:

Thanks man this owns

Np :)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Metapod posted:

only stat that matters is wins baby

Disagree.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Ohh man I just discovered that there's a "rumors" section in this mode and it has all sorts of HoopsHype style rumors about who's upset and wants to get traded, complete with fake trade offers (even though trading is disabled)

Gonna start posting some of those in between normal updates, also got home a little early so I can get some roster stats out soon

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
As usual, default sorted by points

Cavs

Kings
(Felicio wasn't getting enough minutes, I fixed it)

Raptors

Wolves

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oh CBM I meant like their actual stats like their overalls and stuff

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Doltos posted:

Ok I'll get that for you a bit later on

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Wish there was a way I could contribute, I wouldn't mind doing a CPU vs CPU match up of the "week" and post a highlights video or something. I'm loving this though, you're doing a fantastic job.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Gimme the goods on the Magic too whenever you get a chance

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jazz stats please

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Doltos posted:

You get everything for your top 5 performers because it's incredibly annoying to screenshot all of the totals in this game, I'm not gonna do that again hahah. People get per game from now on for my own sanity (I'm gonna be doing this like 50 times and probably getting requests every time.) At the end of the season I'll post everyone's stats as a one off, though. I'll enter the final numbers into a spreadsheet.

They made the ui so drat big. Sorry it's a bit dark, dunno what happened there

DeimosRising posted:

Gimme the goods on the Magic too whenever you get a chance

I regret to inform you that Gobert, despite playing 35 minutes a game and getting a billion rebounds, is averaging under 4 points a game.

straight up brolic posted:

Jazz stats please

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 28, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
And now for my favorite feature that I didn't know about, the rumor mill, which is especially amusing considering trades are disabled

loving proves all of accusations of racism against the Jazz, in my opinion. Do you have anything to say for yourself, Brolic?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am also unsure of the future , Delly

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'd like to see the stats for the Hornets when you get a chance

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'll do one more round of stat posting after dinner and then I have to sim stuff so any other ones have to wait until the next week is done!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

You get everything for your top 5 performers because it's incredibly annoying to screenshot all of the totals in this game, I'm not gonna do that again hahah. People get per game from now on for my own sanity (I'm gonna be doing this like 50 times and probably getting requests every time.) At the end of the season I'll post everyone's stats as a one off, though. I'll enter the final numbers into a spreadsheet.

They made the ui so drat big. Sorry it's a bit dark, dunno what happened there

I regret to inform you that Gobert, despite playing 35 minutes a game and getting a billion rebounds, is averaging under 4 points a game.

Lol this sim is gonna be funny as heck. Chandler is a 20ppg guy, Gobert can't score, Embiid plays 34mpg, and Porzingis shoots .414 from 3. So much for being "based on advanced stats" haha

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cool Buff Man posted:

No CBM I meant their actual stats! 3pt shot, dunk, speed, strength, overall!!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Doltos posted:

No CBM I meant their actual stats! 3pt shot, dunk, speed, strength, overall!!

Those are ratings, not stats you goober

i'll get them after dinner

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cbm I just want you to tell my team I love them

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

Cbm I just want you to tell my team I love them

I tell them every night.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Attributes even. Stats for ability scores geez what kind of nomenclature is that. Nonstandard I dare say!!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
My team is going to be shook about potentially facing the Celtics if we make the playoffs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't think the computer knows it should be running 4-5 pnr on 80% of 76ers possessions

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeimosRising posted:

Lol this sim is gonna be funny as heck. Chandler is a 20ppg guy, Gobert can't score, Embiid plays 34mpg, and Porzingis shoots .414 from 3. So much for being "based on advanced stats" haha

It's five or six games, a lot of numbers will start evening out.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

IcePhoenix posted:

It's five or six games, a lot of numbers will start evening out.

Yeah, plus it's more about the 2k sim engine than anything. If you have ever actually simmed out / played out a full season in a 2k game, these stats are amazingly realistic so far compared to what you usually get. Still weird stuff happening but on the whole a lot of it is plausible. I think the "advanced stats" based ratings are definitely an improvement, but obviously not perfect

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

I tell them every night.

Thank you

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Does anyone who attempts a 3 pointer always show up in the 3pt% leaderboard or will there eventually be a threshold for attempts they will have to cross? I haven't touched 2k since the 2nd Be A GM thread.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Is Mason Plumlee extremely bad in this game? Should I not play him?

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Wanna be clear that I made some roster adjustments, went 2-1, KAT is a player of the week and all of you nerds can now bow down to the pacers which only got 4 (4?!?!) playoff votes in the GM thread.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I once had Kevin Durant, who i think has ~10 career triple doubles, average one all season. 2k is weird because it doesn't really try hard to emulate the past, the sim engine is clearly designed to create weird results that entertain people

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Is Mason Plumlee extremely bad in this game? Should I not play him?

Hes rated in the low 70s in this, which is about average, so he's probably just having bad games. I'll check on his minutes and make sure he's not getting too few

tadashi posted:

Does anyone who attempts a 3 pointer always show up in the 3pt% leaderboard or will there eventually be a threshold for attempts they will have to cross? I haven't touched 2k since the 2nd Be A GM thread.

There's a threshold after a while

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 28, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Next time we do this we should just have the owners making dice rolls with a chance sheets

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Tbh Dirk still seems extremely good so you can just split Plumlees minutes between him and Adams

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tbh Dirk still seems extremely good so you can just split Plumlees minutes between him and Adams

You got it.

-

Hornets

I'm simming the next week within the next hour or so, so I'll get to stat/box score requests next time I update

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 1, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid way too low

83??

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
would love Wizards stats when you get a chance as well, also Delly... nooo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Embiid way too low

83??

Yeah I think I'm gonna not reveal player ratings anymore cuz it'll just lead to stuff like this and I don't really want people optimizing their lineups around what an overall rating says. Also overall rating isn't that useful, it's ab out what they're good at, you can get a high overall by pumping speed and athleticism but still have poo poo scoring attributes and the player will be junk

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brogeoisie posted:

would love Wizards stats when you get a chance as well, also Delly... nooo

Ok I'll get you as the last one before the next sim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiids score should be Lebron-1 by definition.

• Locked thread