Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathe*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
lol

these people

they deserve this poo poo. they really do. like I'm sorry I have no sympathy for them when croberts runs off with their money, but they've provided me with hundreds of hours of lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Furious Mittens posted:

Is Scott Manley still holding onto hope that this isn't a massive scam?

Manley was what got me into Kerbal, hate to see him believing in this pile of poo poo.

I doubt it considering he occasionally posts in this thread.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathe*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Furious Mittens posted:

Manley was what got me into Kerbal, hate to see him believing in this pile of poo poo.

I don't believe he does, he just maintains a professional even-handedness in the face of death threats.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Hav posted:

I don't believe he does, he just maintains a professional even-handedness in the face of death threats.

Makes sense I suppose. Too bad he would have to consider that kind of blowback.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Furious Mittens posted:

Makes sense I suppose. Too bad he would have to consider that kind of blowback.

Oh, we _all_ have to consider that kind of blowback. The world is a hosed up place.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

TheAgent posted:

actually one year ago stat marine was still mia

so then, last year, they put out 2.6 sometime in...october? with star marine.

that's been the last update. there hasn't been a real update (besides bug fixes) to the PU in a long time. Nothing this year, for certain.

yes a 150 mil company managed to make a fps mod in an fps engine.
oy vey.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

yes a 150 mil company managed to make a fps mod in an fps engine.
oy vey.

didn't they outsource star marine to illfonic?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Percelus posted:

didn't they outsource star marine to illfonic?

Yeah, but aside from a few assets it all had to be scrapped. I think the Illfonic stuff was built to the wrong scale, because why have everything done in house when you can have 5 separate studios in 3 countries working independently with a bunch of outsourced contractors? What could go wrong?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I am the instrument binicles aimed directly at the vehicles roof lining and not the driver. :lol:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Furious Mittens posted:

He posts in this thread occasionally. He's diplomatically neutral but I think he recognizes that it's probably not going to happen as advertised. Based on what I've seen of his videos anyway.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Star Citizen should be re-marketed as a space horror game to whoever buys it from Coutts.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Quavers posted:

Someone's salty about it...

I'm a few pages late but

Ahahahahahahaha

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

when the commandos talk about goons being threatened by their :airquote: game :airquote: it's clearly projection, guys like angry pacifist have real anxiety regarding elite dangerous

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Foo Diddley posted:

I'm a few pages late but

Ahahahahahahaha
:chef:

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

Furious Mittens posted:

I'm always a skeptic, it's my default state of being, but I'm not going to straight up attack a project and hope for it to fail that would just be unfair. Neither am I going to be a cheerleader praising 'innovative features' which only exist on some future roadmap. It was telling when they talked about planets and moons colliding and quickly followed up with 'don't tell Chris'.

It's always been clear that the game can't be everything to everyone - it's can't be a PVE RP paradise and a glorious PVP Thunderdome simultaneously.

So yep, I'm a goon, I'm a cynic and a skeptic and laughing when dumb stuff happens, but I'm not wishing for anything to fail because I'm also a nice guy. And I haven't posted a SC video since Christmas because there's been essentially no new content and half the comments on the last video were from Nazis who thought that having the FPS character be non white amounted to white genocide.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The story begins as you wake up in your wank-pod. You take the elevator up to the cafeteria for breakfast but something feels... off. You search for a seat but they're all taken and every time someone gets up another person instantly sits down. You try to talk to a man passing by but they don't respond, they just walk right past you and immediately begin to mop the already clean floor. As you stand in the corner eating your cereal you notice some strange occurrences; the milk in your cereal is behaving oddly, eating utensils seem to be vanishing, and you think you just saw someone walk through a door. You decide to head back to bed and get some more sleep. You enter the elevator and press the button. The elevator begins to move downward but you're standing still. You try to move but you can't as your head passes through the ceiling. Suddenly you're teleported a million miles away... alone... in space. Your limbs elongate and your feet and hands begin to spin clockwise. You scream but there's nobody around to hear you.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

illectro posted:

I'm always a skeptic, it's my default state of being, but I'm not going to straight up attack a project and hope for it to fail that would just be unfair. Neither am I going to be a cheerleader praising 'innovative features' which only exist on some future roadmap. It was telling when they talked about planets and moons colliding and quickly followed up with 'don't tell Chris'.

It's always been clear that the game can't be everything to everyone - it's can't be a PVE RP paradise and a glorious PVP Thunderdome simultaneously.

So yep, I'm a goon, I'm a cynic and a skeptic and laughing when dumb stuff happens, but I'm not wishing for anything to fail because I'm also a nice guy. And I haven't posted a SC video since Christmas because there's been essentially no new content and half the comments on the last video were from Nazis who thought that having the FPS character be non white amounted to white genocide.

You are alright in my book and I enjoy your videos.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

I'm a few pages late but

Ahahahahahahaha

:iceburn:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

illectro posted:

You're cool, man. I genuinely enjoy your stuff.

I know we get all cynical and mean in here but I really would like to play Star Citizen (as promised) myself. The heartbreaking and sickening truth is that we don't need to try and "tear down" or "attack" anything regarding SC, as Chris Roberts seems to gently caress everything up just fine on his own.

I think hiding behind most of the SC sceptics in here is a super space nerd that wants to desperately play something like Star Citizen. Some of us have backed for outrageous amounts in pursuit of that. Sadly, I don't think SC will reach many or most of its goals.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

TheAgent posted:

I think hiding behind most of the SC sceptics in here is a super space nerd that wants to desperately play something like Star Citizen. Some of us have backed for outrageous amounts in pursuit of that. Sadly, I don't think SC will reach many or most of its goals.

Hiding? Not at all, every single one of us wants to play Star Citizen, far more than anyone on Reddit does even, because that's the funniest possible outcome. We just don't see it happening.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Foo Diddley posted:

I'm a few pages late but

Ahahahahahahaha

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Funny, because it's actually CIG, who is censoring 1984 style - rewriting ToS, history and promises, airbrushing statements of CGobblers, 2 + 2 = 5 8 months = 2 weeks = right around the corner

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

You can't do any of those things in Star Citizen either, at least not without encountering hilarious bugs

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mister Manley is cool and good as evidenced by the fact that his name is Mister Manley.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Confirming Angry_dickerfists idea of 'space gaming' is to sit in a chair, walk around a bit, and pick up a gun.

Go do that poo poo in minecraft mate.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Regrettable posted:

Mister Manley is cool and good as evidenced by the fact that his name is Mister Manley.
his one true failing is that his first name isn't Richard

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If anyone feels like coming to watch me drink mint juleps and fumble my way through Star Citizen I'm streaming live now.

https://www.twitch.tv/beet_wagon

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I think star citizen will be one of the first game companies with over 100m in funding to cut and run because "internet people were being mean"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm imagining being an SC fan and criticising other games for lack of content / selling DLC and I giggle and blew a nose bubble

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheAgent posted:

I think star citizen will be one of the first game companies with over 100m in funding to cut and run because "internet people were being mean"

shocking how that happens, when you just straight up lie to people, take their money, and they discover you lied to them

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

In other other game news, the RB-04 is silly, and JTAC is stupid.

Oh, sure, let's not lase those nearby tracking radar installations that make the whole SAM battery work, and instead complain that you have no mark on an insignificant ammo truck hidden behind a hill so the SEAD aircraft have to bomb visually rather than lob something in from behind a hill. :argh: :doh:

…still, far better and more fidelitous than anything CRobber could ever envision.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They disabled collison on the clothing store guy because players kept pushing him out of the station WHAT

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

illectro posted:

Completely understand your position.

On a side Note, my 12 year old cites his love of space games (especially Kerbal) to your Youtube.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Actually, in the wake of the news about the new investor in Frontier I think this would probably be the sweetest timing spot for CIG to acknowledge any existing investors. I am sure now is the time where backers could forgive CIG giving in to the evil investors/publishers. "It is working for Braben, surely Crobberts can also make it work for SC", etc.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

There should be a spot in the op for archived links to things cig is trying to hide

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Star Citizen is actually an elaborate sting operation to lock up internet trolls